Why get an xbox 360. It's right that the xbox is cheaper then a ps3. but when it comes to online gaming, then you have to pay for xbox live gold. so in the long run. is it not better to buy a ps3?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

When I finally made a new console purchase I went with PS3. Bluray, more games I wanted and yea.

1 decade ago

As someone who doesn't have nor has had PS3 or Xbox 360, given the choice I'd go with PS3.

1 decade ago

Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey, man.

You can't miss out on those fine games.

1 decade ago

I used to be a console-only gamer and bought the 360 over the PS3 back in the day because it had more exclusives I wanted at the time. Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo, Ninja Gaiden II, and Dead Rising.

I later got a PS3, basically for God of War 3. Got inFamous and really enjoyed it. I tried out Killzone and didn't like it. Uncharted 2 and got bored with it. Little Big Planet wasn't for me either. Then sold it.

Started back into PC gaming earlier this year. Still have my xbox so I could continue my Mass Effect game with 3. Use it for Netflix on my TV. Also have a bunch of XBLA games on there like Bastion, Braid, Limbo, Ikaruga, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Mega Man 9 and 10, Castlevania SOTN... and of course.... Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

1 decade ago

Mass effect isn't Xbox Exclusive '-'

1 decade ago

It was when it was released.

1 decade ago

Cheap.(er)

1 decade ago

I've always enjoyed XBL more than I did PSN except for PSN Plus which gives you free games every month.

1 decade ago

I'd pick Nintendo over Sony and Microsoft any day.

1 decade ago

Why not a Wii?

:)

1 decade ago

+1 +1

1 decade ago

Awesome post!

Adding a few more:

Strania

Omega Five

1 decade ago

Well...

• The Xbox 360 has more exclusives: 254 vs PS3's 209.

• The Xbox 360 has the best exclusives: just look at the metacritic scores.

• 99% of the multiplatform games are better on the 360.

• XBL is better than PSN (how many times was it hacked? User data wasn't even encrypted. Not to mention that the majority of the userbase are 12-year old kids who can't afford the best service).

• The Xbox 360 gamepad (the best in the market) is better than the DS3.

• Kinect holds the Guiness World Record for "fastest selling consumer electronics device", Playstation Move was a flop.

I could go on but this is enough

1 decade ago

I love the xbox controller too but the DPAD truly is awful. I have a PS3 controller for my PC and it's soooo much better for platformers and such.

1 decade ago

While X360 has more exclusives (most of them thanks to the Kinect awful games) PS3 has the better exclusives.

But I have to agree that most of multi-platform games are better on the X360, just look at Skyrim. lol

XBL > PSN But the only downside of XBL is the cost of the service and the annoying 12 year old kids who play Halo, COD and Minecraft all day which makes the PSN a more mature enviroment but still with its crappy service.

Yup, X360 has the better ergonomics of the two.

And, well, both Kinect and Playstation Move are not that good, I won't even bother to buy one of those.

I would say that if you're more of a single-player games guy go for the PS3, 'cause the exclusives are top notch. If you like competitive multiplayer games go for the X360, you're gonna have a good time, just mute the lil kids who keep playin' online.

1 decade ago

No, like I said the Xbox 360 has the best exclusives, just look at the metascritic scores...

• Best FPS: Halo 3 - 94 Killzone 2 - 91
  • Best Racing game: Forza Motorsport 3 - 92 Gran Turismo 5 - 84
  • Best TPS: Gears of War - 94 Can you name a PS3 exclusive TPS? I can't...
  • Best RPG: Fable II - 89 Valkyria Chronicles - 86
  • Best Shoot'em Up Radiant Silvergun - 86 Can you name a PS3 exclusive Shoot'em Up? I can't...
  • Best RTS: Halo Wars - 82 Under Siege - 69
  • Best Sandbox game: Dead Rising - 85 inFamous - 85

Some other exclusives:

• Halo: Reach
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Project Gotham Racing 3
  • Trials Evolution
  • Trials HD
  • Forza Horizon
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Earth Defense Force 2017
  • Fable III
  • Blue Dragon
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Crackdown
  • Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  • Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  • Sine Mora
  • Akai Katana
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Fez
  • Ms. 'Splosion Man
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Alan Wake
  • Alan Wake: The Writer
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  • Alan Wake: The Signal
  • Torchlight
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings
  • Metro 2033
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins
  • Viva Pinata; Trouble In Paradise
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Risen
  • Two Worlds
  • Conan
  • Tenchu Z
  • Divinity II: Ego Draconis

etc.

It's overkill

1 decade ago

Because Metacritic scores matter at the end of the day...

Also, Two Worlds? Risen? Fable III? LOL

Stop being a fanboy.

1 decade ago

But but but most of those aren't even exclusive.....

I don't own a 360 and yet I've played most of them, I wonder why...........................oh that's right I own a PC (like most of the world). You don't know any exclusive TPS on PS3? Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Uncharted series. I won't even link any reviews because you'll cry.

You know someone's obsessed with a console when they compare metacritic scores and try to list as many exclusives as possible.

1 decade ago

Can you play any of those games on the PS3? Then they're exclusives. It seems you don't know what an exclusive is. Here learn something: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusivity

There are system exclusives and console exclusives. Even if you don't count with the console exclusives for some strange reason, the Xbox 360 still has more and better exclusives. I'm sorry to inform you but the console exclusives that you can play on PC are crappy ports. Even the multi-platform games are crappy ports lol.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a TPS? I thought it was a Tactical Action game... But if you want to label it as a TPS then I'll ask you: Can you name a PS3 exclusive Tactical-Action game?
I thought Uncharted was an Adventure game. But if you want to label it as a TPS then I'll ask you: Can you name a PS3 exclusive Adventure game?

Again, I'm sorry to inform that Metal Gear is not an exclusive IP anymore since Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will be released for the Xbox 360.

You're the one obsessed with your PS3, I mean, I've already proven to you that the Xbox 360 has much more exclusives than the PS3 -> This is a fact.
I've already proven to you that the Xbox 360 has the best FPS, Racing game, TPS, RPG, Shoot'em Up, RTS and Sandbox exclusives. So I really don't know why you're insisting.

Opinion of dozens of professional reviewers > your opinion.

Opinion of dozens of metacritic users > your opinion.

My taste > your taste.

1 decade ago

Wow, I can't believe I found someone like you :D Your posts prove one thing: You're an xbot obsessed with beating the PS3 through the most intricate and frankly, saddest ways possible.

The x-bot glasses are really in full control now seeing as I haven't heard a single compliment given towards the PS3 or any of it's games. In all honestly, MGS4 is one of the best games I've ever played and the Uncharted games are equally as incredible! If you've seen/played them you would agree with me ^^ Now if you want to p i c k i t a p a r t and argue that they were beaten by 3 percent on a metacritic score, go ahead, I don't give a shit, go crazy with it. And what the fuck is a tactical action game? Going all ARMA on me now? A third person shooter is a third person shooter so please stop trying and grow up ^^

As for my opinion being beaten by dozens of professional reviewers and metacritic users, I'll use your first example:

• Best FPS: Halo 3 - 94 Killzone 2 - 91

Congratulations on beating the PS3 by 3 percent! I'm in serious awe at the perfection and superiority of the 360 (especially when basing it on the opinion of god knows who). Your taste really is superior to mine. Cookie?

Well you've certainly made my day! It's been a while since I had fun with a fanboy, makes me all warm inside. Probably a similar feeling you get when cuddling up with your 360 awww.

Stay strong through the console war though, I'm sure it will all pay off eventually!

X-bot dissssssss-missed!

1 decade ago

The 'Halo 3 - Killzone 2' comparison is just an example lol.
Here, have some more:

Halo: Reach - 91 Resistance 2 - 87

Halo 4 - 87 Resistance: Fall of Man - 86

Forza Motorsport 3 - 92 Gran Turismo 5 - 84

8% difference in DOZENS of professional reviews! And this is just an example as well, have a look at these:

Forza Motorsport 4 - 91 Motorstorm - 84

Forza Motorsport 2 - 90 MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - 82

Trials Evolution - 90 MotorStorm: Apocalypse - 77

Project Gotham Racing 3 - 88 Twisted Metal - 76

Can you name another PS3 exclusive Racing game? Because I'd like to compare Trials HD, Forza Horizon, Project Gotham Racing 4, etc to PS3 exclusives but it seems that the PS3 has run out of exclusives lol.

I could go on but there's no point in arguing with fanboys

1 decade ago

Wow you looked up all that information just for me :')

Unfortunately for you I can't remember the last time I looked up a Metacritic score to prove a point (oh that's right, never). You're scratching at tiny differences to try to gloat your warm snuggle buddy to the top. Fair enough....
if you're 13.

However, there might be another user here who can pull out the big guns like MGS4 and the Uncharted series just to shut you up (I'm sure they beat those 360 games that I've never even heard of.). I can honestly say that comparing metacritic scores is on a whole new level of sadness so I think I'll let you win to avoid this rather pathetic attempt at bashing the PS3.

Have a nice day!

EDIT: I seemed to have accidentally deleted your wall of text, whooooops!

1 decade ago

LOL I own both consoles and I invest more time on my X360 than with my PS3 mostly because of the online multiplayer games (Halo 4, Gears of War, Battlefield 1942, Left 4 Dead 2 and AC Brotherhood) so I'm not a fanboy, I even agreed in all the points you listed in your original post except for, obviously, the exclusives one.

And yes, X360 has more exclusives than PS3, did I even refute that? But you have to agree that most of them are crap and/or they rely a lot on their multiplayer. I mean, of all the games you listed above only a few were truly great, and by great I mean a true work of ART.

Metacritic scores? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has a 94 score in Metacritic, so it is pretty obvious that COD MW2 is much better than Shadow of the Colossus (scored 91 in MC), RIGHT?!?!?! :DDDD

1 decade ago

lol what a fan boy. I'll give you some facts to help clear your mind.

Most games on the 360 are also on the PC, so PC owners are already better off avoiding it. The PS3 has some legendary games that beat out 10 of the rubbish exclusives rushed out on the 360 (hence why there are more xbox exclusives).

XBL uses Microsoft points and a paid subscription service which lets face it, are unnecessary and simply annoying. Playstation Plus kicks Live's ass, look up what you get for pretty much the same yearly subscription.

I'd really like to know where you discovered the majority of the userbase are 12 year old kids. Never thought there were so many loyal 12 year olds out there. (Basically, stop talking shit about something you don't know anything about)

Here comes the funny part, "The Xbox 360 gamepad (the best in the market) is better than the PS3." USB charging > heavy batteries, the 360 controller is far too heavy, why the fuck is one analog above the other? I feel like I'm using something out of a Doctor Seuss story.

The Kinect has a world record? Now that's a surprise, you still don't own one though.

So take off your x-bot glasses and appreciate both consoles for once.

1 decade ago

I have to say I much prefer the xbox controller over PS3. The weight feels right on it and it fits your hand. The PS3 one just feels too small and light.

1 decade ago

"XBL is better than PSN (how many times was it hacked? User data wasn't even encrypted. Not to mention that the majority of the userbase are 12-year old kids who can't afford the best service)."

This is where I spotted the obvious troll.
Also, Kinect and PS move were both terrible.

1 decade ago

lol XBL has been hacked almost as much as PSN just microsoft tries to hid the fact that XBL was hacked cause they want to look better.

1 decade ago

Buy all the three consoles and their exclusive games create a pc that can work every game then you become a happy man...

1 decade ago

The best jRPG of this generation is on the 360.
Lost Odyssey.

Also some XBLA exclusives.

1 decade ago

Gah! JRPGs are the one reason I would buy a console. Still waiting on KH3 on presumably the PS4. But Lost Odyssey looks so damn good, need to find a friend with a 360 and "borrow" it for awhile.

1 decade ago

Still haven't played Lost Odyssey, on my wishlist though (on half.com)

1 decade ago

If you want something to keep your room warm, go for it.

and OP, think about your topic before posting it next time. This thread can only cause problems instead of giving you a clear answer.

1 decade ago

How could that possible happen on the internet?

1 decade ago

I own an Xbox 360.

1 decade ago

Well, for exclusives I'll go for PS3. For online gaming, Xbox 360, but that's why you're paying for it. Also, if you happen to buy a X360 don't buy Kinect, it's a piece of crap.

1 decade ago

Tbh I bought a kinect just to muck around with Gmod

1 decade ago

Just so you will see this, i will comment here
I own Both a PS3 and a Xbox 360
I will say straight away, if you plan on playing online, go with the 360.
There is one simple reason, Party's. Basically on the 360 you can talk to friends and up to 9 of them at once no matter what they or yourself are doing, aslong as you are online!
On the PS3 you can only talk to your friends when you are ingame in a game that supports microphones or when you are on the dashboard and in an app. This can make it difficult to organise things especially if things are going wrong =/
That is the only real difference to me! And the only real difference other than exclusives!

They are both great consoles with little difference between the quality of the actual games, but that one thing is what makes the 360 better for me!

1 decade ago

Well, for exclusives I'll go for PS3. For online gaming, Xbox 360, but that's why you're paying for it. Also, if you happen to buy a X360 don't buy Kinect, it's a piece of crap.

1 decade ago

Playstation Move, that's a piece of crap

1 decade ago

well any smart person would get Xbox Live Plat cause its life-time membership for 1 payment

1 decade ago

Funny you should bring this up. I've recently begun to question my PS3 loyalty. Used to be it was hands-down the best on the market, blowing the Xbox out of the water in every conceivable way. And then Sony began trimming out features, one by one. Every firmware update that came along, something else would go. Now it seems that everything that made the PS3 "special," as compared to the Xbox, has been removed. I honestly can't say it's better anymore, apart from having blu-ray. I wish that weren't true, but damn, they've whittled it down to, basically, a simple console now, not the multi-functional media center/game box it used to be.

I'm tempted to simply build a game/media PC now so that I can have what I used to have with the PS3.

1 decade ago

Why get an Xbox or PS3 when there's PC?

1 decade ago

Yeah sure and why drink whater when there's coke?

1 decade ago

you've got a point there..

1 decade ago

Enjoy the crappy ports for PC.

Why would you stick with a PC when you can have a Xbox 360 as well?

1 decade ago

crappy ports on pc experience better gameplay better graphics and more content. you try how see how much XBL and PSN likes you modding games for online play. For these reason and many more PC is the best. also Pcs you can just upgrade for consoles you gotta fork out another 600+ when a new one comes out and on consoles shooters have aim assist while on PC you dont cause you need skill to aim.

1 decade ago

If you say so then it must be true. NOT! lol

Metacritic scores for Saints Row 2:

Xbox 360 - 81 PC - 72

There are countless other examples. If you can't afford a Xbox 360 you'll play lots of crappy ports, deal with it. Don't hate the player, hate the game

1 decade ago

consoles are great... for little kids :)

1 decade ago

you also need to pay your normal internet for your ps3 don't you?

1 decade ago

I have both. They are both good for their own reasons. The only reason I got a ps3 was macross 30.

1 decade ago

if you are gonna play alot of multiplayer games then get an xbox cause imo playstation network is horrible and i have a ps3 as well so i know but offline games are fine on ps3

1 decade ago

i own xbox360, but want buy ps3 because of "last of us" and other exclusives upcoming this year

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 months ago.

1 decade ago

PC crushes consoles.
PC master race.

1 decade ago

all hail the pc, the ultimate master over consoles and us, we are just peasant followers.

1 decade ago

well if you know ur computer stuff well you can install the Xbox and PS3 OSs on your computer and then mod it so it tri-boots them then you have both consoles and ur leet pc in one box.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Hansern97.