Why get an xbox 360. It's right that the xbox is cheaper then a ps3. but when it comes to online gaming, then you have to pay for xbox live gold. so in the long run. is it not better to buy a ps3?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

inb4 console war

Let me go grab some popcorn

1 decade ago

sega 16bit...can't go wrong there m8 :D

1 decade ago

This is the truth. Almost anything by sega really. Vectorman all day erryday.

1 decade ago

I have vectorman like 2 feet away from me. <3

1 decade ago

:D

1 decade ago

GBA (or DS) + pokemons.

1 decade ago

A PSP with emulation enable having GBA , GBC and SNES :)

1 decade ago

Why not get both. Then you can enjoy the exclusives.

1 decade ago

I have both and the xbox rarely gets used.

1 decade ago

You don't get it, period. PS3 has better exclusives, in my opinion, than X360 (I like Halo and Forza series, though). I once wanted to get it cause of Alan Wake, but that's on PC now too.

1 decade ago

I would agree with the PS3 purchase, it has amazing exclusives.

1 decade ago

thats one of my comebacks when i accidentally get into a console war

1 decade ago

Xbox 360 Master race. #Yolo #Swag

Xbox has a handful good games exlusive.The community are ~13 year old boys, who doesn't love the Xbox community?

I wouldn't buy a xbox again. I have one myself and play it alot, but it is not the same as a pc.

1 decade ago

really? mention some awesome exclusive games for xbox

1 decade ago

Gears of War. Fable. Halo. Forza.

1 decade ago

Fable. sure...

1 decade ago

Cool, lets discount someone giving a legitimate statement. Sounds more like you need to get the stick out of your ass.

1 decade ago

Well, Fable is on PC, too >.> That's the thing with XBox. Most of its best exclusives come out on PC sooner or later. Not so with PS3, with some exceptions. I pick PS3 just because of Nippon Ichi, personally. I get more playtime from a single Disgaea title than every game I've ever bought (combined) on 360.

1 decade ago

Fable 2 is an Xbox exclusive.

1 decade ago

but fable 2 is horrible tho

1 decade ago

fable 3 was worse.

1 decade ago

I own an xbox. i enjoyed it for a few years. i LOVED Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. but then i started missing Disgaea and Persona series( i ditched my PS2 too soon. Now i regret not getting a playstation.

1 decade ago

Trials Evolution Baby!

1 decade ago

That's all that matters, TETS

1 decade ago

xbox has better online though, this is going to start an console war

1 decade ago

xbox has better online though, this is going to start an console war

1 decade ago

No. Because nobody will respond to an obvious troll post.

1 decade ago

if you repeat everything twice it will --
if you repeat everything twice it will -
-

1 decade ago

I love food -- I love food --

1 decade ago

Food is overrated.

1 decade ago

Repeating everything twice is underrated -- Repeating everything twice is underrated --

1 decade ago

If you think PS3 is a better choice than just buy a PS3.

1 decade ago

Simple as that. There's a reason why both still exists on the market - or even exists in the first place.

1 decade ago

360 has some great games. Halo 3 multiplayer is amongst the most fun I've ever had in multiplayer, and Shadow Complex might be the best "smaller"/Live Arcade game I've ever played. Those are the 2 things making me want to keep my Xbox. Also, it does have a couple of other good exclusives as well, so in the end, it just goes back to whatever your preferences are. Live Gold is often really, really cheap. I agree it sucks they charge you for it, but you do get quite alot for a small sum of money. Also, many multi-platform games (at least a while back) was much better optimised for 360 than the PS3. Not sure how it is now though.

1 decade ago

Good question, 360 is like an underpowered PC with really few exclusives. If you like Halo, buy it, if you don't, well...

1 decade ago

honestly, (besides i suppose exclusives) id only suggest getting a 360 if your willing to mod it so you could turn it into a media center Etc

1 decade ago

when was the last time you updated your 360?

1 decade ago

If you have no money, or not as much as you need to pay online, you can apply the Reset Glitch Hack and use xfire or things like that in order to play with friends.

I have Xbox360 and I can recommend it, it has some games that you won't be able to play on PC that worth buying the console, like: Forza Motorsport, Gears of War, Brütal Legend, Mr. Explossion Man, Deadly Premonition, Enslaved, and some more.

But, to be honest, PS3 has much better exclusive games than Xbox.
:)

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

Deadly Premonition hasn't been released for PS3 yet... And it does matter considering that the multi-platform games are better on the 360.
The Xbox 360 exclusives are better, see my other post for proof

1 decade ago

For me, the PS3 is far too expensive for a 6 year old console still. It's never had a killer app (for me - you might disagree) and its GUI is unintuitive.
THat said, microsoft has started to get on my tits with the constant advertising, expensive online component and lack of interesting exclusives in recent years. However, i still do prefer the console over the ps3.

However, all of these problems is why the PC is becoming bigger again.

1 decade ago

Wow. I agree with every single word you said. every single one.
I will add, that Online is better on 360. VOIP communication is much better, if you intend to be social. Also, I believe the Achievement system is better implemented than Trophies for PS3. PS3 has the added benefit of still being one of the best Blue-ray players on the market.

All of this usually comes down to games, which is a matter of taste. I admit PS3 has better exclusives, but I still prefer X360. I own both, and I only buy the exclusives for PS3. Everything else I buy on 360. Not sure why I do that, especially considering I usually have a suspicious distaste for Microsoft generally.

1 decade ago

Both are meh.

I would take the Ps3 over the 360 just because Microsoft has the nerve to charge for online...

1 decade ago

PS3 over the 360 because it doubles as a nice blu-ray player(thats why I even bought a PS3(I bought the original fat one so I would have PS1/2 compatibility as well) -- Be warned if you get the original fat one it might YLOD of you and will cost you roughly ~120 to reball(this solution is more likely to last a lot longer than others) it if you include shipping to a reputable company to do it.

my 360 got good use first couple years(plenty of Halo 3, some ODST, fair amount of SC IV, Gears of War(only the first), but lately its been sitting there until I got a Kinect which gets me on my feet and moving while having fun, tbh the exclusived didn't do it for me, I preferred Halo 2/Mech Assault 1 online play from the original XBOX(and you can't go online with those anymore)

honestly I am done with consoles though these days(at least.. for the first 90% of their life.. I might pick one up on CL when the new one has a release date set)

Cartridge and PC gaming ftw :)

1 decade ago

I had Xbox 360 Slim Corona...I sold it...that piece of sh*t(microsoft) <.< want money to allow me to play online...FCK THEM PS3 CAN BE PLAYED FOR FREE ONLINE F YOU MICROSOFT! btw PC gaming is the best :D (actually I preffer atari T.T it was way more interesting)

1 decade ago

If you want ANY reason to get a 360 and i mean ANY, I would go with as been said exclusive games for the console, not sure if you are into all of them but having the system is nice to have the option of playing them, but then again if you're cool with someone they might let you borrow your system to play. (That's what i did to play Halo ODST) Bout to piss people off but Halo still one of the most overrated shooters, I'll take UT any day. So yeah Exclusives.
Another reason would be the game pads, not they are the greatest in the world but you get the wired one plug into your PC and no downloading of random crap to get it to work, it's just and instant gamepad for your pc. Now don't get me wrong if your getting a whole system just for this you're dumb just go buy one as a gamepad if this is only reason you want it.
But as said online is technically better, the reason you have to pay is they do a little more upkeep on their servers, and have (as far as I've seen) 0 downtime, in all honesty I have never went to get on XBL and been unable to connect.
But only real reason I'd get an xbox over ps3 would be the exclusives. Ps3 while costing more can be used as a bluray player, free online, handles cross platform games (those that are able to) while xbox is only other xbox systems, and has more exclusives. All in all it's your choice, the only reason I have a 360 myself is I picked it up off a friend for $25, 250Gb xbox elite system, 2 controllers, 2 headsets, kinect, chatpad, and cords too hook it up, no games but for 25 can't complain.
Take what you want from it but in all honesty only reason I see to get any console over a pc would be exclusives.

1 decade ago

This is a well balanced and unbiased review. I don't think I have seen very many of these on a console debate. Thank you sir/madam.

1 decade ago

sports games of course: madden, fight night, fifa

1 decade ago

Well if you like the exclusives for Xbox 360 more than PS3, then get an Xbox 360, but if you like PS3's exclusives more than Xbox 360's, then get a PS3.

Why is this so hard?

1 decade ago

PC+Xbox Controller = WIN

¿Who cares about Halo and GoW?

1 decade ago

Halo is pretty good. Gears though is pretty much the Jersey Shore of video games.

1 decade ago

You can play gears of war 1, halo ce, and halo 2 on pc.

1 decade ago

I bought a 360 for Kinect, but that probably has little appeal to hardcore gamers.

1 decade ago

Just wait for the next generation, dude. Besides, PC's the best.

1 decade ago

My xbox 360 has become more of a media centre than anything else. It performs this role really well, as for games it comes down to your preference in controller when comparing against the PS3 and what first party titles you prefer, although many come out on PC eventually if you are the patient type.

Personally the new nintendo console looks pretty good but I am sure it will be outclassed by the next gen of sony and xbox but yeah, not a deal which you get anymore.

1 decade ago

PS3 - Uncharted, God of motherfucking War, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Grand Turismo, etc etc.

Best exclusives, freaking amazing actually.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Hansern97.