I've never played Metro Series. So, what Metro should I buy?

I can buy Metro 2033 for 3.75 USD
...or...
I can buy Metro Last Light for 5.00 USD
...or...
I can wait for Metro 2033 Redux (It costs 25 USD)
...or...
I can wait for Metro Last Light (It costs 25 USD too)
...or...
I can buy nothing and save money. :D

I must say that I don't care graphics. I want the best gameplay and story.
So, what should I do?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Buy cheaper version. Story is the same.

9 years ago

Ok, but what about gameplay? And if I'll buy cheaper version, Metro 2033 or Last Light?

9 years ago

I saw review today on Polish site. There is almost no difference between them. You should check it on youtube. Personally i think Redux version is just waste of money.

9 years ago

i agree buy normal metro 2033 and last light

9 years ago

Buy Clockwork Empires

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 months ago.

9 years ago

you should buy both of them since both has a freaking great story and worths playing, but if you can't afford them both right now, you should buy last light now, and 2033 later since last light is always more expensive. Buy normals not the redux since i think its the same, but upgraded graphics which doesn't matter

9 years ago

If you really dont care about graphics then dont buy redux its just remastered version with some small bonus.

9 years ago

get 2033 and then last light. redux only overhauls graphics and a bit of balancing but the original games got it right already, i dont know why theyd want a re-release... well, other than to earn a bit more $$$$$. id say if you can afford a 25 dollar game, get the two originals for 8 bucks apiece.

9 years ago

Metro Last Light = Gameplay (stealth, ranger mode) and some graphical tweaks
Metro 2033 = Gameplay (tweaked levels, etc.), performance, and graphical imrprovement (Running on Last Light engine)

tl;Dr Get Redux. Bonus: Use steam trades and get both redux for ~$15 :P

9 years ago

I honestly think the regular 2033 looks more than fine.

9 years ago

It's cheaper to buy both. For LL, $5 + $12.50 or $25 your choice. For 2033, $3.74 + $12.50 or $25.00 your choice.

4 games for $33.74 or 2 games for $50 your choice ^^

Buy all 4 versions to save money, then wait until Redux comes out and play both Redux version in order, that's what I am going to do. Never played the originals. Redux is for the hardcore fans / people who missed the original games

9 years ago

Metro Last Light Complete and Metro 2033 Redux.

9 years ago

Best solution: find a trader and get redux bundle for 7 keys. In principle the only redux-game worth buying is 2033: it features LL gameplay and better graphics. Last Light is more of the same and the only real reason to buy redux is if you are perfectionist and wish to see order in your library :D

9 years ago

You should definitely buy both games, they're great. It's up to you whether you get the Redux versions for the better graphics and technical improvements though - it makes more of a difference with 2033 because that's been ported into the Last Light engine, so a huge improvement. There is less improvement with Last Light Redux, although it does include all DLC.

If you do go for Redux, remember that you get 50% off if you own the original games, so it will be cheaper to buy the original version and then get Redux at 50%.

9 years ago

ITS CHEAPER BUYING ON steamtrades METRO REDUX BUNDLE FOR 7KEYS = 14 USD sorry for caps

9 years ago

I would suggest going with Metro: Last Light (current version), and Metro 2033 Redux. The former only contains a few animation and mechanic updates over the original game, whereas the latter contains a graphical overhaul (new engine), additional mechanics, and probably better performance.

If you do choose one of the Redux versions, a money-saving move would be to purchase the original game now (while it's on sale), and then buying the Redux version for 50% off, rather than purchasing for the full $25.

9 years ago

Ok, I'm gonna buy Metro Last Night because I like stealth. And I don't care graphics, so I'll not buy Redux versions. TY ALL.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by boldahehe.