Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition for 1,49 Euros

I don't know if was posted before or if can be purchased outside of Spain/Italy/Europe, etc...
The website works and it's trusty.
Redeemable on Steam.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

Party is over. Price went to its original.

Have a nice day ;)

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Key in 31 minutes

1 decade ago

Tried to buy two copies with credit card but got the verification email asking for my whole identity or to withdraw my purchase, its such a sweet deal that I contacted support asking if there is any other way and if other payment methods also require this verification process. Has anybody actually sent them this verification?

1 decade ago

Got the same question!

I've just sent them a mail asking about the whole verification thing and its necessity. Just in case I was too nice, I added something about these lots of people wanting their money back. If I am in a good mood tomorrow, I'll send them my photos with a paper saying "SLEEPING DOGS PLZ".

1 decade ago

oooh thanks! Fingers crossed mine goes through fine!

Edit: Got my code in about half an hour \o/ Paid with paypal balance from the UK.

1 decade ago

Thanks I just bought one even tho I have sleeping dogs :P

1 decade ago

after an hour I got the standard e-mail of needing my passport as my account is from a Bad country (USA) or high dollars value ($2?!!!!) or my Paypal account is not verified (my account is verified and was one of the very 1st accounts; their account is not verified!). So I will ask for refund and dispute it on Paypal.

1 decade ago

Selected Visa/MC via Skrill and won't complete without mobile phone code verify, which it does not send.

1 decade ago

It took about 10 minutes for mine to arrive and by that time I had somehow been logged out. I signed back in and went though again and got the code immediately, then the email within 30 seconds .

1 decade ago

after the SMS nonsense, i signed up with Skrill. thought that might work. nope, they wanted photo id, security, blah blah.
so tried paypal, but got the same email as others have reported for requiring jumping through hoops. only US people getting this BULL$#@?

1 decade ago

I got the sms, entered the code, and still got the email asking for my passport. LOL NOPE

1 decade ago

I have made acc on same mail I have my PP on and they still want my verification. I've sent them strongly worded ticket and I'll wait for answer. If they won't budge I'm gonna request money back. No way I'm sending them my private information. Thanks to OP anyway for effort.

1 decade ago

Okay Germany here, told them i´m from Italy paid with german Paypal verfied with different E-mail adresses, waited half an hour reading this thread and pissing myself^^ then got the key. Thanks for the tipp!

1 decade ago

Great find, I paid with PayPal, I'll see how long it takes and if they require an ID. If it matters, I have a PayPal Smart Connect which is where the payment came from.

1 decade ago

Those that paid with Paypal - did you pay with your balance, or a Credit Card? I used my card to pay via Paypal, and the verification email does mention 'credit card fraud' ... so perhaps it could be related to that?

1 decade ago

With the info they are asking, they could easily convince paypal that they are you and attain access to your account. I'm certainly not willing to risk it (asked for a refund).

1 decade ago

in regards to the privacy/safety of your financial info what good is a refund if the already have your info. you may get money back yes but they still will have the info wont they?

1 decade ago

I've paid with my balance and my mail mentions:
"1. Uncommon purchasing behavior (e.g. a huge sum was paid, multiple incoming orders);

1. A high number of negative booking operations from your country;
  2. You PayPal account is not verified."
    All of the above sound like a joke. I believe it's got nothing to do with using a card or not, it looks more like a matter of luck now...
1 decade ago

You (and all the people with the same problem) should check if you've verified your PayPal account. I've had some sellers asking me to do it before making any move on Ebay, so i did it long ago. It just takes a minute. BTW i used the same proccess (paypal to balance) and had no problems with this one (i didn't even had no account at their site before the purchase).

1 decade ago

I was asked for my Passport. My account is verified. (I paid with cash)

1 decade ago

Paypal is verified. I use it quite often for all kinds of purchases. I emailed them back informing them that I will not be giving them any of that info, and they can either accept that my account is verified, or they can refund me. If I don't get a reply by the time I leave work, I'll put in a dispute.

1 decade ago

Same here. I haven't got any response from them.

1 decade ago

Just got refund notice. Well, they're not getting anything more from me. Just sorry their dodgy business lost me a game, but ah well. There will be plenty of copies of it on SG now. XD

1 decade ago

Worked fine for me from UK, thanks. :)

1 decade ago

Thanks for the advice

1 decade ago

You are welcome :)

1 decade ago

thx

1 decade ago

Paid through paypal from Spain, and received the code in 20 minutes. Thanks for the heads up, i'll keep an eye on this shop from now on.

1 decade ago

In USA. No code but request for Passport after they received my payment. My account was created in their first month of operation in 1998. I have spoken with my friends at Paypal and they will investigate the companies practice as they should not ask for a copy of a passport. And by the way they are not a verified account and now under investigation.

1 decade ago

Regarding the ID verification they're requesting.

I worked as a support representative for an IT company once - selling stuff online to people.

Depending on the amount, price, country of residence (yes, we were able to see IPs and thus places of residence of our customers) and the type of payment (Credit Cards, Debit Cards - there are several types of them actually - or PayPal) we had a multi-step standard verification procedure. If a person was using a Credit Card - we sometimes could ask for a copy of ID to avoid the risk of fraudulent activities.

For example if a person logged on from France, placing an urgent order for $2000 and paying directly with a credit card, indicating in the billing details an address completely different from the place they're logged on, that could indicate that the CC is stolen. In this case we were asking for an ID of the cardholder (although we didn't need any private information, just to see the first/last name and the expiry date).

Donno why they would want to verify a $1.95 paypal order though, cause - that is a VERY VERY cheap order and furthermore, PayPal itself has very nice security and they have their own verification methods.

EDIT: We had a very strict policy regarding this matter - NEVER EVER VERIFY ANY ORDERS VIA PAYPAL. We were strictly prohibited to ask for anything, even if an order was for $5000. That (if I'm not mistaken) was connected to a rather strict policy paypal has in regards to processing money from a customer to the company. Such actions (like asking a customer to send his ID) could lead to closing of a company's paypal account.

1 decade ago

I all ready got the ball rolling and they are now being investigated by Paypal for this outlandish practice that goes against their policies.

1 decade ago

I can assure you that it will take a hell lot of time for paypal to figure out what is going on, especially if they have a positive payment history. Thus one complaint won't do anything.

Most likely their support representatives made a mistake cause they do not know how billing companies work. They have one standard procedure to verify orders and they're closely following it, that's it.

I'd say, if they get a few hundred paypal refunds within the next few days, they'll learn policies quickly, cause, as I mentioned before, that can lead to closing company's paypal account, which is VERY BAD for any company.

1 decade ago

Their account has all ready been set too unverified.

1 decade ago

I was asked to verify. My Paypal is us verified. I don't want this anymore how do I get a refund???

1 decade ago

Just use Resolution center on Paypal (or call) and open a dispute then escalate too claim. I all ready have my money back from Paypal (but I did it over the phone.)

1 decade ago

Just disputed. Hopefully I get my money back quick. Such a waste of time I wish I never entered this thread.

1 decade ago

When I did the dispute by phone and told them they wanted a copy of a govt issued ID Paypal credited my account with my money instantly and placed a mark on their company for breaking terms of service. (If you look you will se the gaming company Paypal account is unverified!.)

1 decade ago

For me it says they aren't US verified. But even if that were the case, they shouldn't be doing any transactions with US accounts if they can tell the difference.

1 decade ago

10/10, would buy again.

1 decade ago

I'm from the US too, and was asked for verification as well when I used Paypal. Using my cc resulted in payment failure notice saying I exceeded the max failed attempts on the payment even though it was my first attempt. I contacted their support for a refund and will give them a couple hours before I go through Paypal. Anyone happen to have an extra key they want to trade for another game on sale? xD

1 decade ago

When I filed my dispute I told PayPal about this thread and my problem was not unique. A Paypal representative just called me and told me they would like every one who was asked for any form of govt ID as verification (like a passport) for a purchase through Paypal to file a dispute so they can see how many times this company is breaking the terms of service they agreed too.

1 decade ago

Nice!

1 decade ago

Bought it from Brazil using credit card. Key arrived immediatly both in e-mail and on site.

1 decade ago

Karl você comprou em dólares ou euros?
Tentei com o cartão de crédito mas não deu...
Como faço a compra?

1 decade ago

You should be more specific on which steps you took, heh :)

It seems their verification process usually affects people from outside Europe, I would like to know if a lot of people from EU is also being affected.

1 decade ago

I'm from Europe and got asked the same

1 decade ago

Same here, I'm European, bought the game with Paypal and then another copy with my Credit Card and for those 2 orders they sent me the ID verification email.

1 decade ago

I used a verified PayPal and paid from balance and still got the 'pls verify identity' notice so it seems that it's random. I replied with an english email asking about the just approving of my order seeing that I'm just a real customer buying one copy of their game, not a fraud bot of some sorts, we'll see what happens ;)

1 decade ago

They want me to verify by phone for some reason. What the heck?

1 decade ago

Me too. Worth a shot? I don't speak italian...

1 decade ago

Lawl. Told me to verify my Paypal acc, like no. Dispute has been filed :/

1 decade ago

Opened a dispute, there's no way i send my ID.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

They are also asking for a picture of you holding the ID or passport next to your face!

1 decade ago

maybe the mafia are selling this games and want your info

1 decade ago

joking appart it isnt that farfetched

1 decade ago

It is funny the say the are in all appearance an Italian company, and have everything in Italian, etc. Yet Paypal offices have them as German Corp.

Oh and reason for copy of passport...well too make false IDs! :)

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by IrionDaRonin.