January 2023 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ January 31st, 2023: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† February 7th 2023: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Encased

• North America + Europe + Middle East + Australia: {sub/625030} - can be activated ONLY in North America + Europe + Middle East + Australia (confirmed)
  • Russia (and potentially Belarus): initially they did not receive the game (nor any other compensation) (source) but at later point in time a LATAM + SEA + RU/CIS key was added to their purchase page {sub/625032} + RUN LOCK (Russia confirmed)
  • LATAM + SEA + RU/CIS without Russia (and potentially without Belarus): {sub/625032} + RUN LOCK (SEA confirmed, Ukraine confirmed, LATAM confirmed)
  • China, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Taiwan: {sub/625031} + RUN LOCK instead if the sub allocated to other SEA countries (sub/625032) (confirmed)
  • Africa: ?
  • New Zealand: ?

OlliOlli World Rad Edition

Hokko Life

The Serpent Rogue

Everyone gets ROW keys for:
DOOM Eternal Standard Edition {sub/235874}
Tribes of Midgard {sub/270277}
Grow: Song of the Evertree {sub/484256}
Conan Chop Chop {sub/355045}

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (Europe)
๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (Ukraine)
๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (China)
๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (Hong Kong)

Screenshots with the gift link notifications from a ROW purchase
Screenshots with the gift link notifications from a SEA purchase
Screenshots with the gift link notifications from a Hong Kong purchase

To PAUSE a month: go to this link -> Skip A Month

(or: Settings -> Manage Your Plan -> Skip A Month -> Continue -> Skip A Month)

Notes:

• DOOM Eternal is just the standard edition (does not come with the DLCs)
  • Hokko Life is out of stock in SEA, likely the keys were not available from the beginning (source)
    ๐ŸŒŸ NEW 06 Jan 2023: Hokko Life is back in stock for SEA
  • OlliOlli World Rad Edition: customers from China receive the game twice: once as a region locked key {sub/674841}, and a second time as a WW key {sub/674845} (source)

โ–ถ February 2023 Humble Choice leaks: here โ—€

๐ŸŒŸ NEW 2023-11-12: An activation date was added at some point for DOOM Eternal: the key must be redeemed before 2024-01-31.

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
DOOM Eternal 91% of 142427 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/782330 W 0 $39.99
Tribes of Midgard 76% of 11618 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/858820 W 0 $19.99
Encased 79% of 3212 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/921800 W L 0* $29.99
OlliOlli World Rad Edition No user reviews - - 6.75 CV sub/674845 0 $44.98
Grow: Song of the Evertree 86% of 1196 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/1380420 W 0 $24.99
Conan Chop Chop 68% of 360 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1061880 W 0 $14.99
Hokko Life 73% of 1235 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/824000 W 0* $19.99
The Serpent Rogue 71% of 78 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1453790 W 0 $19.99

OlliOlli World Rad Edition is delivered as a single key that activates the following:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
OlliOlli World 95% of 555 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1190170 W 1 $29.99
OlliOlli World: VOID Riders (DLC) 100% of 6 - - 9.99 CV app/1829830 W 0 $9.99
OlliOlli World "Close Encounter Skate Deck" (DLC) 100% of 1 - - 0 CV app/1759190 W 0 $ -
OlliOlli World Expansion Pass (DLC) 67% of 3 - - 14.99 CV app/1836410 W 0 $14.99
OlliOlli World: Finding the Flowzone (DLC) 0% of 1 - - 9.99 CV app/1829831 W 0 $9.99

Retail:

• $214.91

CV:

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

One plan for all
Starting Feb 01 2022, Humble Bundle offers only one plan, which will allow you to receive all the games included in that monthโ€™s lineup for the price of $11.99 (regional pricing may vary, see below):

ย  USD EUR GBP AUD CAD NZD CNY RUB
Per month $11.99 โ‚ฌ9.99 ยฃ8.99 AU$16.95 CA$14.99 NZ$17.95 ยฅ79 699โ‚ฝ
Per year $129 โ‚ฌ109 ยฃ98 AU$179 CA$159 NZ$189 ยฅ850 7,459โ‚ฝ

Humble store discount:
The discount rate is based on how many consecutive months you had your subscription active, as seen below:

Consecutive Months Discount %
1 - 2 10%
3 - 5 15%
6 - 11 17%
12+ 20%

The stacking discount will reset back to 10% when skipping a month or canceling your Humble Choice membership.

Changes Coming to Humble Choice FAQ

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

๐ŸŽŠ Humble New Year! ๐ŸŽŠ Will it be a happy one or a sad one?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] Surely I'm not the only one to consider just DOOM Eternal and OlliOlli World an absolute steal at this price?
[Happy] Wow, this monthโ€™s lineup is totally RAD! I donโ€™t even have to think twice before buying.
[Only with limited deal] If only I could get my hands on a $6 coupon to Chop-Chop the price, Iโ€™d be absolutely psyched about this month.
[Neutral] DOOM Eternal certainly is a must-have, but Iโ€™m a little torn about this bundle because it comes without its DLCs and the other games arenโ€™t that interesting for me.
[Pause] This month is so bad that I can't even find a single reason to defend it. At least it gives me a chance to recover after Decemberโ€™s expenses.
[Disappointed, lineup] By now, I became immune to the monthly disappointment yet somehow it still feels sad every time I check the leaks or the full bundle contents.
[Canceling the subscription] Looks like the year started off on the left foot for the Choice bundles and frankly having to pause every month became tiresome.
[Accidental autocharge] Dammit, I forgot to pause this month. Yet again, my pile of unplayed games will Grow...

This one is one of the better bundles and for โ‚ฌ5.00 (2months for lower price) it is great.

1 year ago

Agreed. Happy cake day!

1 year ago

oh, thank you, it is the first time I see it with my name! :-)

1 year ago

Mine was about a week ago and I didn't even realize it until someone mentioned it either :P

Here's to a great 2023!

1 year ago

Wow, Olli and Encased have both activation and run locks in LATAM? Fuck that noise. I think I'll just skip this. I already have issues with the activation locks not letting me give away games to friends in the US, but I refuse to support publishers who give run locked games.

Also I can't believe the Encased US+Europe key can't be activated anywhere else. Holy shit, what a scummy thing to do.

1 year ago

Railroad Empire and Else If devs did the same thing, so its not 1st time such games included in bundles

1 year ago

I didn't know that. That sucks.

IIRC, Codemasters used to run lock their stuff too, but they only region lock stuff nowadays.

1 year ago

Well, I'll try to win Doom, OlliOlli and that Grow game, but other than these this is probably the most uninteresting Monthly I can think of. To be fair, Encased is on my wishlist, but Epic gave it for free, so that's not really enticing me into buying this bundle.

1 year ago

4/8 is not bad for a bundle. ;)

1 year ago

Finally a good bundle! After skipping like 7 in a row lol, all games look playable and interesting, got some on my wishlist

1 year ago

Hokko life keys are temporarily exhausted. (SEA, not sure if the others region have the same issue)
https://prnt.sc/KRy0rjN_xwTI

1 year ago

They didn't have any keys for SEA to start with, from what I understand
Leave it to HB to sell a product they don't even have

1 year ago

Just got the mail.
Hokko Life SEA Keys are now in stock.

1 year ago

Hokko Life SEA - 586950

1 year ago

Remember that Humble yearly offer from November?
If I pause this month, do I lose that offer?

1 year ago

A yearly subscription is 12 credits - one month uses one credit.
You are free to pause months with an ongoing subscription, I did with the previous month too. Some people use their 12 months through years, if they find nothing interesting. The credits stay.

1 year ago

The only thing you lose is (part of) the store discount if you have more than 10% currently:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/de/articles/360026249173-Humble-Choice-Perk-Growing-Store-Discount

1 year ago

Really need to think about this. DOOM is good, but lacking DLC and the rest aren't that interesting or have bad reviews. If I had coupon, I'd probably buy it.

1 year ago

Absolutely agree. I've had the coupon, it's worth it for DOOM Eternal alone. The rest is very weak, at least by my standards and taste.
Btw, very nice profile picture!

1 year ago

Thanks.

1 year ago

They've sent me a 6$ coupon BUT is for two months, so 12$ total. In the terms in conditions says I can still pause the choice after purchasing this month but I guess I'd lose that "deal". I'd like to have Doom and olli olli. I've checked some of those trade posts and threads people make on steam and they, together, go for around 5โ‚ฌ so...

I know is not a very good bundle but I doubt I can find a better deal. Do you guys think 6$ is a good deal?

1 year ago

yes, if you gonna play it this year

1 year ago

Yes of course, no doubt, even if its 12$, we goet bunch of good games for that price.

1 year ago

Since coupons started to drop, there will be an influx of bundle splits so you might even be able to join one, assuming you can even find someone who doesn't want to keep them for themselves. But because people pretend to not use the coupon, the prices for DOOM and OlliOlli will still correspond to $12 (when the bundle launched, they were most often $4.5 and $1.5 in splits).

These coupons don't drop for everyone, so it's impossible to prove whether someone actually paid $12 or $6.

Perhaps a better idea would be to organize one yourself, then you can keep these 2 games and let the others claim whatever is not interesting for you - this way you'd recoup some of the money you paid for the bundle.

1 year ago

I checked the splits and the price was closer to the 6$ with coupon, that's why I was consdiering getting it and, at least, keep Doom Eternal, olliolli and tribes of midgard, the games I think are nice and I'd play. The splits weren't that good for me in this case, it was the first thing I checked, haha

1 year ago

Damn, one bundle once in a blue moon and i don't get a coupon for the first time in months.

1 year ago

Can someone tell me, if I got the โ‚ฌ6 for 2 months coupon last month and I activated it and I skip this month, can I use the 2nd month on another choice?

1 year ago

Nope, usually they are for consecutive months. No skipping allowed.

1 year ago

Thanks for the quick answer!

1 year ago

No, you cant

1 year ago

Thanks for the quick answer!

1 year ago

Did anyone get a coupon this month or should i not expect it ?

1 year ago

Maybe look at the last comments above yours? Specifically this one and answers:

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/5P2fSu6

1 year ago

I've had nothing yet. Usually they try to slow me down when I pause but this time, it was one click ant adios.
No "are you sure? really really really sure?", no coupon, nothing.

Guess I've been pausing so often they gave up on me :P

1 year ago

I totally forgot about this bundle. Wonder if its worth only for Grow: Song of the Evertree , Doom Eternal and Hokko Life.

1 year ago

100%

1 year ago

Sorry about the slightly off-topic questions but I would appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown on Humble Choice these days. My annual subscription ends this month apparently and I can't really find any reason to keep my classic plan going since the changes. Am I missing something very obvious with regards to the classic plan or is it just the slight downside of not being able to switch billing currency remaining these days?

Weird that they still insist on calling it Choice, by the way.

1 year ago

Advantage of Classic plan was cheaper subscription (12$ vs ~19$) and you can claim all games. They changed it, changed again and atm Classic is just plan which you must pay in US dollars only - 0 benefits.

1 year ago

Thank you for confirming my conclusions. Really much appreciated. I found it just a little bit too strange so I had to ask.

1 year ago

I do still believe that sometime you get better deals when you are not on the Annual plan, since you may get 6$ months

1 year ago

You get coupons too if you drop your classic status. And depending on your region you might pay even less than $6.

1 year ago

You probably already know that starting Feb 01 2022, the Classic / Premium / other plans were all replaced with one standard plan that allows everyone to receive all games for the price of $11.99 (or, a regional pricing based on this), so you won't lose any benefits in that regard. Assuming you didn't pause since this change occurred, you should still have a 20% discount on Humble Store purchases. If you don't renew your subscription, you will lose this benefit, and you will be able to gradually regain it when you subscribe again (in OP, under "Humble store discount" you can see how the discount changes based on how many months in a row you've been subscribed).

It's a proven fact that Humble Bundle doesn't really care about long-term subscribers. The $6 coupons that are so popular these days seem to be mostly for new accounts (that never had a subscription) or for accounts that have an expired subscription ("come back to Choice" kind-of-thing). So if you happen to pause often, and if you're not a frequent customer of the the Humble Store, then there's not much motivation for you to renew your subscription. Perhaps it's better to sit out a few months and wait for a $6 offer instead, or even a good annual subscription deal that usually pops up towards the end of the year (they usually have some good offers around Oct - Nov).
On the other hand, if you renew your subscription and try to pause it every month, this has the potential of getting you a $2 - $4 discount for that month - as you probably already know, a lot of people do this.

Ultimately I think it all depends on how often you pause or how willing you are to invest some time in finding a decent group buy / bundle split for the games you want from a bundle (assuming that you'd want to get only some of the games instead of the full month).

What do you mean by 'not being able to switch billing currency' though? You can always change your Humble Bundle region to your desired currency. Sure, you'll get the region locks for that region, but if it's just a USD / EUR transition this should be largely fine because both of these regions usually get ROW keys. And I think you can switch back after 1 month anyway (not 100% sure on how long the cooldown is), so with an annual subscription you would just pay the whole sum upfront in the currency you want then hop back to the region you want?
I've never tried this, but I assume it should be possible?

1 year ago

Thank you for the thorough breakdown. I haven't been keeping up with the ins and outs of the subscription for almost a year now and was somewhat surprised about the changes. Although, as you say, I've also noticed much earlier that they really don't seem to value long-term customers, then again this is likely common practice although it seems counterproductive from our perspective.

Regarding billing currency, it seems that Classic plan users only have USD as a billing option for whatever reason. Not that it matters much in my situation but it seems like a strange delineation versus the alternative subscription forms.

I'll probably pick the bundles up on as one-shots from here on as the benefit of having a subscription is rather minute. Particularly as I don't prioritize keeping track of content or terms as they change :)

1 year ago

The autocharge process will start in a few hours.

This is your last chance to pause this bundle, if you wish to do so.

To PAUSE a month: go to this link -> Skip A Month
(or: Settings -> Manage Your Plan -> Skip A Month -> Continue -> Skip A Month)

1 year ago

Question if anyone can help

if Valid until Feb 7, 2023, 10:00:00 AM does that mean I won't be able to use the coupon for febs choice?

1 year ago

no

1 year ago

ty

1 year ago

Just to be clear: yes, it DOES mean that you WON'T be able to use it on the February Choice, since that will only be revealed afterwards on that day.

1 year ago

Hoping the leaks come before the "In case you missed it 2022" bundle ends to decide if get this or Choice... But i think it wont be possible.

1 year ago

last minute pause.
i own doom already so putting doom in there and adding a load of shit games won't fly. embarrassing.

1 year ago

1 - it's your fault not their's that you already have Doom
2 - Just because you don't like the other games doesn't make them shit or embarrassing

1 year ago

Let's be realistic. The games are very badly reviewed and not on par with some of the previous months. OlliOlli is a niche title that doesn't appeal to everyone, including me. Just look at Conan Chop Chop, Hokko Life and The Serpent Rogue. Embarassing.

1 year ago

How is 68-86% bad? If you get that in school.

1 year ago

A Steam rating of 80% used to be the average rating for games, on Steam. In the past three years this even increased to an average rating of 83%.
So 5 out of 8 games are below average. Some are even far below average. Pretty fair to consider that "bad".

1 year ago

I've completed The Serpent Rogue, Hokko Life, Grow: Song of Evertree and finishing Conan Chop Chop now. This bundle isn't bad, but most of the games can be easily skipped by most of the players

1 year ago

Couldn't agree more, the other responses to your comment are the embarrassment imo. In general I think all games this month are of a high enough quality to consider the bundle as good. I really feel so sorry for the developers of these games who are subjected to such toxic crap.

1 year ago

agree, January choice games aren't that bad.
Now... waiting for February leaks XD

1 year ago

Anyone else having problems claiming the games? When I try to generate the keys I keep getting an error that payment is processing and the page resets.

1 year ago

Nothing like thinking you've paused and getting a payment notification anyways. Guess I'm doing a Doom Eternal giveaway.

1 year ago

I know that feel. The exception is that I actually wanted Doom Eternal, so I did keep that, but I actually scoured my email for a verification message that I paused. I was that certain I had. Apparently not though. ._.;

1 year ago

I was 100% sure i paused :( Oh well, giveaways it is

1 year ago

Still claiming my payment wasnt processed... Anyone else getting this?

1 year ago

Looks like the coupon emails are now starting to go out. Just got one offering the bundle for $9. Not quite the $6 they have done in the past, but still probably worth it for the titles offered.

View attached image.
1 year ago

just received mine too, I was going to pay full price but i'm glad that i was patient

1 year ago

Just got an 8โ‚ฌ coupon. I've played Doom Eternal on Game Pass so it's still a no.

1 year ago

I'm in the US and I just now got that email offer

1 year ago

wow January's choice would be roughly 35 days on February 7

1 year ago

Every choice is either 4 weeks or 5 weeks

1 year ago

Should be getting to that point where we see possible leaks soon, right?

1 year ago

leaks are typically 24-48 hours before the bundle releases. so fairly soon, yeah

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

There's a big leak, but it really isn't Humble...

View attached image.
1 year ago

You'll see it anyways before you need to pay, no need to get your panties in a twist about it now.

1 year ago

I'm really curious why some people are soo obsessed with leaks every month...
Maybe commercial resellers who want to be the first to list those games before everybody realizes the value has changed significally?

๐Ÿค”

1 year ago

just the human curiosity acting here

1 year ago

But Choice is no longer a blind bundle like Monthly used to be.
They know what they're buying before they have to make a decision anyway.

Well... it takes all kinds I guess ๐Ÿ˜…

1 year ago

yeah, but people are still anxious xD

1 year ago

what's worse is the 'only aaa games are good' attitude. and you can also witness even more idiotic 'highlights are bad, shit budle' comments, as if there are tiers or something in a choice (or many regular humble bundles these days).

1 year ago

There's a few reasons I can think of. Someone might buy a game on sale on Monday, play more than two hours, then find out it's gonna be in the monthly bundle a day later for a much cheaper cost. At that point it's usually too late to refund.

Or when Humble runs those coupons where you buy multiple months for reduced cost (eg: $6 a month for 2-3 months), sometimes you want to know what's coming up to see if it's worth taking the deal since you usually have to buy the current month to take advantage of the coupon.

1 year ago

because maybe they have coupon for use this month for this and next monthly?

1 year ago

I know atleast one user here was making giveaways of a bundled game before official release to try to outrun CV reduction.
But I don't think the OP here has that in mind.

1 year ago

because maybe they have coupon for use this month for this and next monthly?

1 year ago

And how would that make a month without leaks "crap month probably with no AAAs"?

Also, what kind of leaks one would expect that it makes sense to buy two months of bundles at whatever discount (after deliberately not buying this one), instead of just waiting one?

Or maybe if my grandmother had wheels, she would have been a bike?

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

this could be crap but next could be perfect, so 4โ‚ฌ for 2 months with 10 games for gibs from this month and 10 games from wl/high quality from next could be a decider if buy rn

1 year ago

Stop making up excuses to let people behave like spoilt children.

It's okay to be curious about the games, it's ridiculous to go "crap month probably with no AAAs" immediately.

1 year ago

Been trying to follow Billbil-kun looking for something, but no luck at the moment.

1 year ago

how do you make that out - no leak = no aaa ok judging by the games you played today you like non aaa games

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.