THIRD TRAIN IS OUT! I apologize for being away for a LONG while. Even delayed the last train. Really sorry

As some of you may know from my last Halloween event, it is absolutely my favorite holiday! So once more, I could not let it go by without some shenanigans! My last Halloween event was almost too late, but I want this one to be a bit different, so I planned it to last for the whole month.

So, this is how it's going to work:

• There will be 3 different community trains, each with their own themes. The games on each train and the theme of them will be only revealed when the train releases.
  • There will be one new train released every 10 days (almost :P), on the planned dates of 10/01, 10/10 (oopsie) and 10/20. Despite their different beginning dates, they will all finish on 10/31 at the time specified on the title.
  • I will also make a train exclusively for my whitelist, which will run for the whole month. I will be adding games to it as I see fit. Will explain to WL how to join the train later on the discussion.

Despite of knowing about the, aham, scripts and cheaters workarounds available to use on Jigidi, I still think it is one of the most fun ways to lock a giveaway behind. I do enjoy solving some other styles of puzzles present here on SG, but I don't really feel like making them myself. I would like them to be themed appropriately, and as I said on my last Halloween event, I had a pretty hard time trying to do that already.
Because of those unfortunate circunstances. I will be requiring proof of completion of the puzzle in the form of a screenshot before sending the game to the winner. Even if the person happens to be cheating, they will have at least wasted time to make their timebank seem reasonable I guess. Very sad that people go to that level, but I hope the winners aren't like that.

The Jigidis will be themed according to the train's thematic or to the games contained inside. As a little tease, I will be revealing the pictures for each train, but not anything else!

Here they are!

A friend of mine, Neomixer (yep same from other events lol) gave me some help both with deciding the games being given away and suggestions for the Jigidis. Give him some love too :D

Enough chit-chat, let's talk about the reason y'all are here.

You need to be at least level 3 to join the giveaways inside

The 1st train is...

Let's Kick Some Ass

You can enter here

The 2nd train is...

Cherry Blossom Weebs (one day early, due to an unexpected trip)

You can enter here

The 3rd train is... (decided to use a new image)

Vibin' to a new brain level (one day late, to balance it out :P)

You can enter here

I hope y'all enjoy the trains!

This is how it's going to work to my πŸ’™. You will have to complete at least one of the trains to be able to access the whitelist train. I will add the first two characters of the GA code at the end of each train. The last three characters are on this past whitelist GA. Put them together and you will have access to the WL train!

Currently, the πŸ’™ train consists of:

I asked for anime and manga recommendations last time and found a bunch of stuff I really enjoyed. This time tho, I will be a bit more specific on my request. Don't feel obligated to do it, but I would appreciate it!

If you can leave some recommendations to stuff similar to Quintessential Quintuplets, Kaguya-sama, Spy x Family, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai or Nagatoro, it would be nice, please. Preferable if they are available on Crunchyroll, Mangadex and/or Viz/Shonen Jump. Also, would love if you could share wallpapers of the aforementioned (by me) anime. Overwatch and Borussia Dortmund's wallpapers will also be appreciated.

If you are blacklisted for whatever reason, leave a comment and I can give it a 2nd thought :)

There are some people asking me how to join my whitelist, so this is the clearest answer, I think:
"It is pretty subjective. Some people are there because they have good ratios or 'cause they do a lot for SG community, also have some SG staff, my friends (all met here or gaming) or just because they are nice people that I met through SG and I like to appreciate them with some nice exclusive GAs! There isn't really a "definite way" to join my whitelist. Just be yourself and you might end up there!" I have 109 people on my whitelist currently.

If something doesn't work properly on any trains/Jigidis, please reach me so we can sort it out.

I wish you a great October!

Small list of my fave Halloween/Horror movies and songs (will get updated throughout the month):

Movies (not ranked accordingly)

Songs (not ranked accordingly)

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thank you, that is one fine train :D Much appreciated

2 years ago

Glad you liked it! Hope the next ones are AT LEAST as exciting as this one!

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

bumpy puzzle

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

Bump :)

2 years ago

Finally someone asks for anime recommendations while liking comedies (feels like everyone else always ask for overly tragic dramas :/ ). I can't seem to recall you asking for anime recommendations last year... I guess I must have missed it somehow. Anyway, I'm not a huge anime watcher/manga reader but I do have a bunch of comedies to recommend. :D

Ranma 1/2 is my immediate go-to recommendation always. It's marked as a "Romantic Comedy" but it's primary a comedy and a really good one. I measure pretty much all other comedies to it. And the manga is even better, so this doubles as a manga recommendation! ^_^

Love Hina isn't exactly at the top of my recommendations list, but I think it is the closest to the ones you listed. Heck, some of them might have even been partially based on it (looking at Quintessential Quintuplets in particular).

Date A Live is another RomCom but slightly more sci-fi this time (only slightly). This one actually start developing a pretty serious main plot that intermixes some more plot-heavy stuff with the comedy later on. (A RomCom with a plot?! Crazy, right? :O )

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is kinda different from those in that it's more of a slice-of-life comedy, buuut close enough and it's just so darn cute and comfy that I can't not recommend it.

And two completely romance-less recommendations in case you like any comedies... ^_^'
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle is the one I've been recommending to everyone the last month or so (since that's when I watched it). It's a pure adventure-y fantasy comedy about anime's most polite and wimpy self-proclaimed "bad guys" getting wrecked by their supposed prisoner just because she wants to make her sleeping arrangements more comfortable. XD

And finally KonoSuba. I mean, it's probably the most popular relatively new anime on this list, so you've probably heard about it, but it is truly a very funny anime. Primarily parodies the whole "Isekai" genre that seems to have overtaken anime lately, but it's just as funny while knowing nothing about that stuff (I don't and still found it funny).

That's all I got for now. Got a few other outliers, but I'm not sure if they'd fit into your criteria.
And here's some more VA-11 HALL-A fanart which just maaaay have been so cute that it resulted in me browsing through fanart for 6 hours straight yesterday instead of bumping the thread like I had planned. ^_^'

View attached image.
2 years ago*

Bump.
(And more Jill.)

View attached image.
2 years ago

Re-Bump.
(Huh, can't shake the feeling like I've shown you that first one already. So In case I'm repeating myself, here's a 2-for-1. ^_^' )

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago

lol Getting some variations on the recommended stuff is nice, right? :P

Ranma 1/2 looks like some good animation for its age (been 30+ years wtf). I will def check the manga out on that one!

Despite its obvious similarities with QQ, Love Hina doesn't really make me that interested, will take an extra look tho.

Date a Live is something that I really gotta hear to my bro Neo and just put it on. Watched a couple eps and didn't follow through, but it's good shit and I really should keep watching it soon.

Watched Dragon Maid! Really freaking good. Enjoyed new season a lot as well! Cute AF!

Have been reading Maoujou de Oyasumi since FOREVER, love it so much. Same translators as Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid (SUPER WORTH the read. Really enjoyed the anime too. Second season confirmed).

Been reading Konosuba's LNs lately, really enjoyable and definitely recommend them if you can't get enough of the series.

Please do share the outliers! All these VA-11 Hall-A's fanarts are so fantasticcccc. I do think I have seen the Jill witch before, but I am note sure. I did have another pic of her as a witch as my pfp on Steam for a while and still have it as one of my PC wallpapers. I don't think you little 6 hour endeavor was for naught tho, really found some gems there and I'm sure the whole journey was enjoyable :P

Also, feel free to check the extra train! ;). Sent ya a friend request on Steam as well for some 100% OJ fun if you down some time. Usually play it with Neomixer (friend that helped on this event) too.

2 years ago

More Bump.

Was it this pic of Jill as a witch? Pretty sure I send you that one last year. :3
(That artist has a lot of really good VA-11 HALL-A fanart. O_o )

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago

Yay you made oj friend :D

2 years ago

More More Bump.

View attached image.
2 years ago

I've not seen or read any of the titles you mentioned, but I recognize two of those names from seeing them get recommended if you like couple other titles I have actually watched/read. Little bit of a backwards recommendation but I figure it's worth the mention anyway for the sake of a bump!
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun β†’ Kaguya-sama
Gokushufudou β†’ Spy x Family

Also would like to thank you for the event as well as the 'train contents list', not a lot of people do that so it's pretty refreshing to see such "transparency" if you will. :D

2 years ago

They both look/are so gooooooood! Thanks for the recommendations! Regarding the train content, I think that's the least I could do when it's locked behind a puzzle. I did use to do a lil bit of trolling on my last events tho, never really identified which train had what (the event had two trains starting at the same time), but I think it was also fun :P

2 years ago

You're welcome, I hope you'll end up finding something great to watch/read. And hey, little trolling is always acceptable. >;)

2 years ago

Bump for completed the first puzzle!
Don't watch anime (or at least not yet), so can't really recommend anything, but hope you end up finding one you really enjoy.

2 years ago

Be careful not to be pulled into the weeb world. Scariest thing ever (but worth it???). Thanks for the wishes <3

2 years ago

I kind of am, just through games though, but that has more to do with the fact I don't really watch tv or movies. Mainly just stick to anime films, and even then, rarely watch them.

Although since I recently played Danganronpa 1 and 2 and part 3 is an anime, I will probably watch that!

2 years ago

Bump! =)

2 years ago

Thanks for the train, bump and wish you have a nice day!

2 years ago

You are welcome! Wish ya a nice day and week forwards too!

2 years ago

Bumpity for the first train ^_^

2 years ago

Horimiya (RomCom)
Tsurezure Children (RomCom)
Ballroom e Youkoso - Ballroom Dancing (SportsDrama)
Kids on the Slope - Jazz Music (RomDrama)
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (RomDrama) : Animation is a bit dated.

Bliue Period (art anime) airing this season is really good too, gives me Honey and Clover vibes.

2 years ago

Ballroom e Youkoso looks AWESOME! I kinda never really enjoyed Sports anime (except for Captain Tsubasa), but from my looks into it, doesn't feel like a common sports anime. Will give it a shot, for sure.

Also considering a couple of others from your recommendations (Kids on the Slope, specially)! Did get Horimiya recommended before as well.

Thanks for the recommendations <3

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

2 years ago

Watched some of its medias already, enjoyed it quite a bit, but it's definitely not anyones cup of tea. Thanks either way :D

2 years ago

BUMP!

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

Bump

2 years ago

forgot to bump for solved

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

Bump

2 years ago

Bump! : )

2 years ago

( Jigi Solved ! )
ΰ΅  "

2 years ago

Early Congratz for your level 10 :)

View attached image.
2 years ago*

Thanks a lot, tuc! That's an extremely cute image of L! Rewatched Death Note recently and remembered why I liked L so much :P

2 years ago

Bump for riding in a first train :)
Also, about that recommendation.. how similar to Quintessential Quintuplets you want that?

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago*

Mah dude, wtf is that 2nd pic. So blessed. SALSA please (is that fanart or actual series?).

Also, cannot get enough of Chika dancing. Like, ever.

2 years ago

It's LN. Heavily inspired by QQ xD Haven't read that, just somebody told me that cheap copies of qq started to appear and send me this as example. Doesn't look like cheap copy though. From what I read somewhere author tries to make it different in key aspects - like quintuplets are actually super smart, guy doesn't know that they are quintuplets at the beginning and so on. Might be interesting, who knows :)

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by Escruidin.