Saw this thread and thought a little specialized one would be helpful for game developers in the name of statistics. Seeing which genres you've spent your most time with is kinda fun, I guess. :)
I know that doesn't mean this graph represents that person's favourite genres but it's still a nice data.

Here is mine . For example, I'm not much of a "racing" person but I'm done with all the NFS games on my account, for my backlog.

View attached image.
4 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you like Steam Year In Review spider graph?

View Results
Of course, mate!
Eh.
Spiders? I prefer potatoes.

https://s.team/y23/jthrvhd?l=english I'm guessing csgo is my mmorpg. Also wish they did it at the end of the year so they can catch my titan quest completion and a few others, but I wonder if those will show up in next years.

4 months ago

It only covers January 1 to December 14. Late December doesn't show up anywhere.

4 months ago

Before this year I don't think I've ever played an actual hidden object game, yet this year that genre ended up as the most played for me according to the spider graph.
I'm also pretty sure that by "action RPG" it just means metroidvanias that happen to have that tag because I don't think I played anything I'd truly call an RPG this year.

View attached image.
4 months ago

I love this! My top 2 games this year were Europa Universalis IV and Darkest Dungeon, which explains part of the spider. I also played a lot of shorter puzzle games (many of those won on SG). So yeah, makes sense to me.

View attached image.
4 months ago*

Kind of an odd combo for me. Looks like when I wasn't chilling with a P&C, I was blowing shit up.

View attached image.
4 months ago

Haha, yeah, Point & Click and Destruction the top two tags is funny

4 months ago

The duality of man. 😀😈

It's funny, I bet that 75% of that destruction came from just 2 games (Red Faction Guerilla & Livelock).

4 months ago

Now I wonder if there is a "cozy destruction" game. :D

4 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

4 months ago

Does Katamari count?

4 months ago

I checked SteamDB just now and it seems "cozy + destruction" is an empty set, at least for tags.
Also checked Katamari but didn't understand a thing from the screenshots, so no idea.

4 months ago

Either you're not taking your lithium, or you have an evil twin using your account. xDDD

4 months ago

Enjoy Rust without attacking people.
( 「'Θ')Hello Human... 🔫🏴‍☠👨👩Hello bye! (Bang! x2)
I think that's what I did in the summer.
For security reasons, those numbers were abnormally high because I was trying to look like I was logged in.

View attached image.
4 months ago*

View attached image.
4 months ago

I have no idea why "pinball" got it's own category, I think the only one in that genre I played was Roundguard for about 5 hours 🙊 (And I played 89 different games this year)

View attached image.
4 months ago*

Weirdly, it shows visual novels and racing as my top preferences, while my most played games in 2023 were RPGs.

View attached image.
4 months ago

I played a lot of Action Rogue Rhythm Investigation game this year.

View attached image.
View attached image.
4 months ago

2024 is gonna be wildly different from this one, for sure.

View attached image.
4 months ago

View attached image.
4 months ago

How can I share?

4 months ago

This is your Steam Review. You'll find your spider there. :)
You can upload the screenshot to any image website, something like Imgur, ImgBB etc.

4 months ago

May like this?

View attached image.
4 months ago*

Yup. Also if you put it between parenthesizes like this, it would show as "view attached image" like others.

![]( your_image_link )
4 months ago

I practiced until I got it. Thank you very much, Mitsu-Sama!

4 months ago

No problem! :)

You can also check here for more comment formatting.

4 months ago

Thank you! I wanted to know how to do THIS

4 months ago

You're welcome! ^^

4 months ago

https://store.steampowered.com/yearinreview/76561198014144429/2023 I liked this way to see the games I played.

4 months ago

4 months ago

Make a Souls game heavily focused on stealth and farming and I'll play that for life I guess :x

View attached image.
4 months ago

If you cannot harvest your wheat in time, you die. You have to roll when rainy weather to not get hit by a thunderbolt. Crows can insta-kill you. You go to milk your cow, too bad it was a mimic and kills you. ^^

4 months ago

Such a pretty shape this year. Well it went sideways a little because of all the time I spent on pervy mods in Stardew Valley
No idea how FMV got in there at all. All I remember if doing the minimum required in Five Dates.

View attached image.
4 months ago

This breakdown makes perfect sense to me. I spent the first three months of the year playing through Enderal: Forgotten Stories (again), and then the next month on Sons of the Forest. Everything else I played this year definitely falls into at least one of these six categories, and I'd bet most every year of my life since my late teens/early twenties would look much the same as this. Although, I did read a few visual novels this year, either the Switch or non-Steam PC versions.

View attached image.
4 months ago

Heyyo I was the one who started the first thread and I love this so I added your thread to mine^^
Here's my spider (Potatoes are superior)

View attached image.
4 months ago

Heh, gateways are nice. :)

Also

Potatoes are superior

I agree.

4 months ago

Well, this is interesting. I love the fact that cats are on there ^^
My most played games were Disney Dreamlight Valley, The Planet Crafter, Hogwarts Legacy and Grounded so that explains the survival and farming... the cats are just a common theme in all the "look for hidden" games I play. :)

View attached image.
4 months ago

I'd say mine checks out pretty well, and I'm kind of boring since three of these tags are the same ones I had in last year's graph. :D
"Dark Comedy" still confuses me a bit as a tag, I keep forgetting it is one and yet it's apparently applied to quite a few games I play.

View attached image.
4 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.