I was just clicking around community market and looking at foli cards and I found this one:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/299840-Blue%20Assault%20%28Foil%29

In total It was bought 3 times, where first time was nearly 2 months ago!!!

This must be one of rares foli badges probably

And small poll for you:)!

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you craft foli badges?

View Results
Yes!
No. way too expensive!
I'm considering it

Foil***

Just saying.

8 years ago

+1
I resisted my grammar nazi urges until I saw it was repeated over and over :P

8 years ago

grammar naiz*** :3

8 years ago

spelling nazi***

XD

8 years ago

naiz spelling skillz.

8 years ago

i r8 dem 8/8

8 years ago

my bad ;)

8 years ago

That was a cute typo tho :3

8 years ago

i agree, from now on i am calling them foli cards because of this thread XD

8 years ago

Good name for them

8 years ago

foil
useless to craft
good to sell.

8 years ago

My thoughts exactly.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

That's because either the foil card is expensive or because the game is not popular enough.

8 years ago

Remember when foil cards worth over 10$ ? Pepperidge Beta Testers' Farm remembers.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Just for curiosity sake; beside being special foil badge, do they gives you something special when you craft them?

8 years ago

No. Nothing. Just a fancier looking badge :X
I have heard rumours of e-peen growth, but they are unconfirmed.

8 years ago

I can confirm said rumor :3

8 years ago

:O

8 years ago

8 years ago

my epeen feels so insignificant now. ;_;

View attached image.
8 years ago

Since I'm already awesome, I guess I don't need them then;)

8 years ago

i agree, and neither do i!
rushes out to buy a couple :X

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Nope, and the amount of XP is the same as for one level of a regular badge.

8 years ago

They can show dedication towards the game and have often the best-looking badge, but that's it. They don't even have a better chance for a non-common emote/background. They are, in many sense, collector items, because you really have to be dedicated to craft them.

8 years ago

For some games, they're by far the nicest looking badges, so if you're after it for badge cosmetics, it'd often be the one to go for, for those.

8 years ago

Dedication and money it seems for some of them, I have a foil card for Monochroma and was wondering if I should keep it or sell it, but if it gives nothing more, it seems a little overprice... Although I guess it only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

8 years ago

If you don't want to craft the foil, I advise putting it up on the market. Foil collectors tend to go to 5× normal card price at best (a few rich exceptions to even higher), and the more get into circulation, the saner those prices get, which in turn gives the sellers actual income finally instead of them waiting for years for that one fool on the planet who'd pay that 5-10 dollars for a single card.

8 years ago

Yup, it's crazy sometimes. A friend of mine who doesn't care about cards at all sold one of her cards, a foil Blackbeard from lego PotC, for 9€, but only because I told her to. The next card then was sold for 2€ or something. I just looked it up, it seems like prices rose again but generally speaking you should try to sell them as soon as possible. It's crazy that people are willing to pay 23 dollars for a single foil card.
I don't know, I felt like sharing.

8 years ago

And believe me, as a person who is on the buying side when it comes to foils, I don't understand them. I have a few buy offers up at prices that are affordable for me and look fair to sellers (3-5× of the base card price), but one of them has been sitting up there for over a year with the lowest current price being almost four times as that with 0 sales in the past 12 months. One would think sellers eventually catch up on the uptake…

8 years ago

Thank you for the advice. You are right, I was just looking at the price of foil cards and it seems like the older game's foil cards don't worth that much.

8 years ago

Well, no foil is worth much, but when it comes to games with few owners, the market is so small that even the most casual sellers realise that it is so difficult to find a buyer that rarity or not, the card has next to no real value.

8 years ago

voted for yes! Some foil badges are too pretty and/or as cheap as normal version ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

8 years ago

Yes, I craft them, if they are reasonably priced (or for a few games where I don't mind spending money there instead of some other game I'd never play anyway).

8 years ago

Foil cards can be a curse when you get ones that are worth barely more than regular cards (as tends to happen with any bundled game) or worse still are actually worth less:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/381170-Frigid%20Mountains
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/381170-Frigid%20Mountains%20(Foil)
edit: Not to mention fairly low demand and no, $0.03 offers are just bad jokes...

8 years ago*

I do if I legitimately love the gameand it's cheap-ish. Plus it's always nice to have your own profile badge, something that you don't see every user sporting.

8 years ago

I'm one of those morons who bets level 5 + foil badges of games i like and rarely games with a badge i like just for the sake of the badge.. But it have been a while since i spent any of my own money on it... Thank god :P

8 years ago

Foils are terrible. A pain to sell, not something I use for crafting.

8 years ago

I find those are easiest to sell sometimes.
Just make the price acceptable...look at the minimum it's being sold for and increase it slightly (my standard protocl).

8 years ago

I think I only crafted three foil badges total.
One because I was new to the whole "cards" thing (L4D2), and the other two (Fly'N and Blocks That Matter) because they looked cool. I can't remember what I paid to craft them but it wasn't an insane amount, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I think it was like 1€ or maybe 1,50€ each but no more than that.

8 years ago*

:O so insane and frivolous!
idk why i used that word, but i like it!

8 years ago

I actually had to look that word up, haha.
Also, bitch please, one of them is the famous Golden Badge That Matters, that's freakin' cool, man :P

8 years ago

£1.5 to craft 3 foil badges. I crafted x2 5 level badges and x1 2 level badge and x1 1 level badge for around $12 in the past two weeks. Buying extra cards right now to craft another level. YEP!

8 years ago

Well, I'm not a huge badge crafter and right now, I'm just collecting cards for one specific badge at level 4, but apart form that I've actually stopped crafting them completely.

8 years ago

+1, just sold off about 4700 cards last week lmao. :X

8 years ago

Woah. That's... a lot of cards o_O

8 years ago

Most I've ever had at once was ~7200 :X
Down to less than 700 now, with about 300 left to farm ;_;

8 years ago

Jeez o_o Well, alright, just looked at how many games you actually own.. I'm not as surprised anymore :D

8 years ago

I'm a addict casual bundle buyer. XD
nothing wrong with that :O

8 years ago

Hahaha. Fair enough :D

8 years ago

I'm not crafting badges as a hobby. I actually craft certain badges that can get me valuable emoticons and backgrounds. I spent around $3.5 crafting a 5 levels badge. I got x3 emoticons that sell for around $0.5 and a second for $0.45 and a third for $2.2(all prices without fees). So yeah, the sum of the prices is around $4, which is pretty good. I leveled up, got a shiny badge and cool backgrounds and msot of all made a $0.5 profit which is not that bad.

P.S: In case you want to investigate about the game(I did of course, and found it to be very proftable). Its name is STARWHAL.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

I wonder what was here o.O. Just saw it :/

8 years ago

Nobody plays that game. That's why.

8 years ago

I don't know what Foli cards are :(

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

At least it sells cheap. There are foil cards that can reach $10 and has greater amounts in market.

8 years ago

I craft foil badges it I think the badge is beautiful.
I have foil badges for 2 or 3 RE and Saints Row games + Lucius (I really wanted this one!) and a few others.

8 years ago

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/332530-Hats%20%28Foil%29 this card was never sold, this badge was never crafted.

8 years ago

I crafted one foil badge for my favorite game of all time, Kerbal Space Program. The first summer sale when the summer cards expired, after crafting a summer badge or two, I traded the regular summer cards for KSP cards. Someone sent me an offer for a KSP foil card forsome of the summer cards. After maxing out the regular badge, I posted offers to trade the summer cards for KSP foil cards. I got a few more that way, then I sold the rest of my summer cards before they expired.

Then the summer sale where they had the team contest, I was lucky enough to get a couple of foil summer cards which sold for quite a bit. I was able to make trades for a few more KSP foils, but I was still a few short when the event was over. I put in low bids for the remaining cards I needed and just waited. I eventually managed to get them and still had a profit from selling the other cards.

Edit: I got two identical foils for one game once. I sold them.

View attached image.
8 years ago*

View attached image.
8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.