My laptop can barely run anything past mid '10 and I was looking for some recommendations. No games with GFWL please.

EDIT: Just to clarify my specs aren't the shittiest. I can run games like L4D2 and Protoype. Just not a lot of games that need DX 10.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would've said Fo3, but thats gfwl...
1 decade ago

GFWL is optional on Fallout3. You don't need it to activate the game or for saves, only for achievements. If you chose not to use it then it's inert and you can use any number of mods to remove it. My favorite mod for this is Little Boy.

1 decade ago

Sweet, thanks for this. :3

Time to play Fo3 again

1 decade ago

Give us some examples of what you can run, what settings or fps.

Also give us examples of what is -almost- playable.

This will be more useful than release year, imo.

1 decade ago

The Witcher, Dragon Age, Stranglehold [good luck finding it], Crysis, Bioshock, Deadspace, FarCry 2, GTA IV, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Riddick, Arkham Asylum

Thats just a few that popped in my head

1 decade ago

Stranglehold! That's like my favorite game.

1 decade ago

Depends on your personal tastes. Since you link resource requirement with release date, should we take that to mean you only like AAA massive studio FPSes (and other mainstream genres)?
Here is the Steam catalogue sorted by date on the page that 2010 starts at (http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released&sort_order=DESC&category1=998#sort_by=Released&sort_order=DESC&category1=998&page=31)

The Steam catalogue has less than 2000 titles, so with that restrictive date there are not really many to go through.

1 decade ago

Create clickable links, please.

put your clickable words in [ brackets ] and put your link in ( parentheses ) and you'll make a less messy post.

1 decade ago

Do it yourself, you lazy bastard! xD
Clicky for the lazy

1 decade ago

people still play AAA games? Indie all the way with the exception of portal and portal2

1 decade ago

Sacred 2 Gold,Torchlight 2 (will run on any 500$ Facebook "Gaming" Laptop),Titan Quest & Payday

1 decade ago

Define what "AAA games" mean to you. Specs of your laptop would be nice too.

1 decade ago

Core 2 Duo 2.20 GHz

4 gb ram

Radeon hd mobility 4300 256 mb.

1 decade ago

If you check this Clicky you'll notice that lots of good games came out before 2010.

1 decade ago

Modern Warfare? Unless the PC version is also full of cheaters.

1 decade ago

TES IV: Oblivion came out in 2006 and is still a fantastic game!

1 decade ago

Unreal Tournament 3, Prototype, Call Of Duty games (Black Ops has an excellent campaign, playing it on Veteran is great), Quake 4, The Last Remnant, World In Conflict, Civilization V (works great on notebooks), Far Cry 2, Dead Space, PAYDAY, Mirror's Edge, Devil May Cry 4, BioShock, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, GR: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2, Gears Of War, Halo 2, Prince Of Persia (2008), Torchlight 2 (my PC can barely run TF2 and this game works perfectly), Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dragon Age Origins w/Awakening.

1 decade ago

Despite the fact that I have a Satellite L455, I can still run the Portal series pretty well. Even more surpriising is the fact that I installed Borderlands GOTY the other night, and it still runs well. Granted, the settings are all down to the lowest settings, and it lags, but at least it's playable.

Basically, those games I mentioned should run quite well on your computer, unless it's from the 90s. Oh, and don't count out the triple-A indie titles, too. Limbo, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Bastion, and quite a few others should still run pretty well, no matter what computer you have.

1 decade ago

VVVVVV

1 decade ago

Any of the Call Of Duty's are good

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by BoxcutterVillain.