I'm confused. I thought the point cost was a mix of the rarity of the giveaways and the cost of the game, but I've seen at least 4 of these giveaways of the Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav for 100P each. Chains of Satinav only costs $20, and I've seen $60 games that only cost 60P. Can anyone explain this to me?

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

This is probably a bug related with the Steam store page which, for some reason, lists the game's price as the Daedalic Armageddon Bundle which usually costs $174.99 and contains this game.

8 years ago

To better explain this, here's the link to the search query "dark eye". As you can see, this price is incorrect.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=dark+eye

[Edit] Oops, that was supposed to be an edit to my other comment. Oh well.

8 years ago

happens to some games that have packs in the same store page, it messes up point cost here.

8 years ago

This happens whenever a daedalic package goes on sale. There's nothing that can be done about it, unfortunately.

8 years ago

Does it get fixed retroactively?

8 years ago

In terms of your CV/ratio, yes, it should.
You won't get the point difference back from entering, but by that time you'll probably be back up to 300 anyway.

8 years ago

It will boost your CV for a while and fall back to the normal values when the sale is over.
I am boosted by 250-300 real CV right now, because I created quite some Daedalic giveaways.

8 years ago

gotcha. weird, but at least I understand it now, thanks!

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.