Hi SG,

Holiday season 2022 has arrived and that means we're back with another event.

https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays

To help with designing boxes this year, the giveaway creation page now includes a color picker so you can quickly incorporate solid colors into your designs. You can also adjust the opacity of colors using the slider at the bottom of the color picker. Of course, you still have the freedom to use images and GIFs if you're motivated and in the creative mood. I hope everyone has a great month and I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with this year!

How it works

1. Creating a gift box and giveaway

• To setup a giveaway, use the link above and click "Create a Holiday Giveaway".
    • The giveaway will start immediately and end on December 25.
    • The giveaway will be available to the entire community, although region and contributor level restrictions can still be configured.
    • The giveaway will appear as invite only on your profile and not be visible throughout the site.
    • Once created, you'll see your gift box in the link above and users will have a chance to open it to access the giveaway.
    • Please ensure your gift box design is appropriate for all ages and respectful of others in the community. Inappropriate designs will need to be removed along with the corresponding giveaway.
    • DLC and no CV games (those marked with a double asterisk in the giveaway list) cannot be given away in the event.
  2. Liking gift boxes

• When you're viewing a gift box and you're a fan of the design, show your appreciation by clicking the "Like Design" button. You also have the option to browse all of the gift box designs you liked or view the most liked gift boxes in the community. Remember, the button is for liking the design of the box and not for rating the game inside.
    • If you're the creator of a box you'll see the number of likes your design received instead of the button.
  3. Peeking in gift boxes

• You can peek in 10 gift boxes each day.
    • When you peek in a gift box, you'll see a random number of games (2-4) and one of them is contained within the gift box. You can use this information to help decide whether or not you want to open the gift box.
  4. Opening gift boxes

• You can open 5 gift boxes each day until December 25.
    • When you open a gift box, you unlock the giveaway link and are able to enter the giveaway. Unlocked gift boxes are highlighted in green on the holiday page above, and you can freely revisit those gift boxes and giveaways.
    • You will see a notification if you cannot open a gift box. This could happen when the giveaway contained within is region restricted, when you do not meet the contributor level requirements, when you already own the game, when you have previously won the game, or when you have been blacklisted by the giveaway creator.
    • You cannot join a giveaway by only having the direct link. If you did not open the corresponding gift box, but received the link from someone else, you will see an error when attempting to view the giveaway.

No spoilers. Please do not share what games you found when opening or peeking inside of a gift box.

Happy holidays!

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

This event is how I stumbled upon SteamGifts.
Sorry if that makes you like the event less.

Thank you to all contributors, to the mods, and whoever else keeps this site pumping generosity!

1 year ago

Everyone is so generous at Christmas time! How about upping our P rate just for this month to 10P every 15 minutes instead of 6P? Or 8P? Even entering only for games I would actually play, I'm not able to enter them all.

1 year ago

【Thinking】( ´・ω・)´・ω)(ω・(・Θ・ )ooO(🎁🎨)

I knew you were coming again this year.
It's going to be a fun time.((o(゜Θ゜)o))
It will be a few days late due to reality....

🎆Thank you Event!🎆 ✨ヽ(=´Θ`=)ノ✨

1 year ago

Always look forward to this every year!

1 year ago

Amazing Event! Thank you SteamGifts team!

1 year ago

Happy Holidays! 😊🎄✨🎀

View attached image.
1 year ago

Merry Christmas!

1 year ago

Thanks for putting together the event, CG! And of course thanks to everyone who is and will be contributing to the event!

1 year ago

hi,
because I can't reply to cg's post directly, I'll hijack your post if you don't mind.
Maybe as a junior moderator you can bring it to cg's attention.

I have noticed because of those 3 random boxes on the bottom of the page that the page sometimes takes a lot of time to load completely and most of the time I see that some files from imgur are still loading.
Don't know if the site is slow itself or if that just happens when people use bigger files for images.

The data usage itself got a lot bigger because of the event, that might be a problem for mobile users.

In my opinion there has to be done a bit of adjusting. Maybe limit the filesize for the images of the boxes or if that doesn't help get rid of the 3 preview boxes on the normal pages completely.
And just show them on the eventpage itself.

thank you

1 year ago

because I can't reply to cg's post directly, I'll hijack your post if you don't mind.

writing a new comment at the bottom of the page is technically a reply to the OP, they'll get notification about it, just in case of a reply-button reply

1 year ago

Mentioned it last year (https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/MJtpi/holiday-event-2021/search?page=2#uPOXxkt) but no one seems to care ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 year ago

:(

1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestion Hikkomi. I think you're right, the file sizes are a little excessive, especially for mobile users opening the website. I removed the boxes from the homepage and left a simple notification about the event for now.

1 year ago

Thank you :)

1 year ago

Happy holidays and thanks cg for the event!

1 year ago

Happy space cat days =^_^=
Saw this cool comment on the previous page so I had to copy it :D

1 year ago

Happy Holidays!

1 year ago

Really well thought out event, I hope we get to expand and continue the tradition next year as well. Happy holidays!

1 year ago

Thanks for doing this event once again!

View attached image.
1 year ago

Thank you for doing this event. It's my 2nd year partaking in this. I really appreciate everybody contributing to this.

1 year ago

Out on the third planet closest to the sun
There’s a special celebration
They say....

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 year ago*

Thanks for this amazing event and Happy Holidays to everyone!

1 year ago

Thanks for the event. ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡
First time participating with a gib, I think my ugly design shouldn't be hard to spot, hehe.

1 year ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago

Happy holidays!

1 year ago

welcome to that time of the year when every avatar sports a Santa Claus hat and everybody and his brother wants to be happy <3

1 year ago

Thanks for the reminder to update my avatar!

1 year ago

hey, now i need a badge or something for having chatted with the big boss ;p
btw, how is the site going after all these years?
cheers!

1 year ago*

Ja! nice!

1 year ago

Always loved this event. Thanks for making it possible to give likes to clever and/or amusing designs, some of these just blows my mind. I'll try and contribute as soon as I can, happy holidays to each and everyone of you out there.

1 year ago

What would be a good contributor level to make it more likely the game doesn't end up going to a bot and the game will go to someone who will play it?

I was thinking either level 4 or 5, but I'm not sure...

1 year ago

Happy Holidays Everyone!

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.