This thread will no longer be updated.

This used to be a thread called "Limited time, 100% Free-to-keep PC games right now", where I, together with many helpful members of the community, documented which PC games were free to claim at any given moment. I started it when the COVID-19 pandemic started in the whole world and developers/publishers were doing promotions faster than one could keep track of everything. Since the situation is calmer now, keeping track of things to that level isn't needed.

The thread is now a free games news thread which relies on comments to function - if you find an interesting offer for a free game, feel free to comment and let others know! Here I have also put links to useful places where you can find out about and/or collect free games as they appear.

Comment Formatting Guide

When commenting, please put the full name of the game/promotion, which platform it is on, and a link to the promotion/the relevant SG thread.
For example "Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge free on Steam [link to Steam page]"

Useful Links

Steam

SteamDB page for free Steam promotions - follow this page to know every upcoming or ongoing free-to-keep or free weekend Steam game.

SG thread for free Steam soundtracks - a thread that collects free soundtracks you can claim on Steam.

SG thread for paid-now-free Steam games of 2020 - thread that collects Steam games that are now free to get (as FreeOnDemand)
Paid-now-free Steam games of 2019

Epic Games

Free games page on Epic Games Store - Epic Games Store's own page for their free game promotions.

SG thread for free Epic Games promotions - follow this thread to find out about and discuss new free games on Epic.

A Total War Saga: TROY Epic Games promo - the game will be free-to-keep on Epic Games on August 13th.

GOG

GOG Free Games Collection - a collection of free games to claim on GOG.
Higurashi 1 free game promotion - another game GOG is offering for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.

IndieGala

galaFreebies - IndieGala's own page for freebies from their website

IndieGala showcase - IndieGala's own page where they collect games you can claim for free on their website.

SG thread for free IndieGala games - follow this thread to find out about new, free games on IndieGala.

itch.io

Self-isolation on a budget - an itch.io collection that collected games one could claim for free during the COVID-19 pandemic. No longer updated, but contains a few games that are still free.

SG thread for free itch.io games - thread collecting games to claim for free on itch.io for a limited time.

Microsoft

Top free games on Microsoft Store - not a page but a search filter, this will show some free games able to be claimed on the Microsoft Store. (May not be all of them)

Uplay

Ubisoft Free Events page - Ubisoft's page for their own free game promotions.

Other links

Big Fish free games page - a collection of free games Big Fish are offering during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Crusader Kings II free DLC promotion - sign up to the newsletter to receive a Steam key for The Old Gods DLC, or refer people to get the Pagan Fury music pack.
Endless Space Collection free promotion - link your Games2Gether account to your Steam account to receive Endless Space Collection on Steam for free.

Currently free games on Steam (no new games will be added, these will be removed as they end)

Game Start End ASF command Info
Wide Cross ? ? !addlicense ASF 345425 Works using SteamDB
The Scream ? ? !addlicense ASF 369917 Works using SteamDB
Tennis World Tour - Denis Shapovalov 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454711 -
Tennis World Tour - Alex De Minaur 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454715 -
Tennis World Tour - Caroline Garcia 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454706 -
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

It is bad enough I need separate launcher for various games with different usernames and passwords. But now to get the "Free" Death Coming from Epic you must activate a two Step authentication process. I am in a hospice bed. I do not even have a landline. How am i suppose to do that and why should they care what risk level I am willing to accept.

3 years ago

You can chose to use your email. That should be something you are able to do if you have internet?
I agree that it can be irritating to use multiple launchers. But that's their chose to make since it are their games and you are getting them for free.

I hope you are feeling better soon and can get out of that hospice bed. ^_^

3 years ago

Thank you for the assistance and well wished.

3 years ago

You are very welcome!

3 years ago

Errm ,there's no come-back from a hospice bed.

3 years ago

You can be in a hospice bed for all kinds of reasons. Why wouldn't you be able to come out of it?
Maybe it's the translation? I'm not native English.

3 years ago

I wasn't going to say anything. But there is no getting better here. :(

Valve set up this Steam acct for the hospice and sent a lot of clothing (which was donated to Arnold Palmer children hospital since we can't wear anything but open back robes.) But it was very generous of valve.

3 years ago

I pray you're at least comfortable where you are. I remember you here from so many years ago when I was a lot more active. <3

3 years ago

I am in a private room now. They said I should be depressed by every one in the next bed dying. I miss the company. I am afraid I may be immortal as long as we don't lose our generator.

3 years ago

I'm not even going to pretend I could ever imagine what this feels like. It was hard enough visiting relatives in hospice, and that was only an outsider's perspective. I'm glad you're able to get online; even if it's not face-to-face company, at least it's something to be able to reach out I guess.

3 years ago

This online community is wonderful. This facility has found that patients that play games and interact online need less pain medicine. I was on morphine when brought here. Now I only need a strong Advil type pain medicine. Plus people live longer then expected as well.

3 years ago

That's really wonderful! I know it's nice to have connections with the outside world in general, but I didn't realize it had such a big impact on physical health too! It's still human contact and still valuable imo. I'm definitely not trying to compare the two situations, but having fought through agoraphobia (mostly gone? not always haha), a lot of my connections were/are mostly online, and it really meant the world to me.

3 years ago

I am so sorry for me misunderstanding!
In my native language (dutch) the word is used in my dialect for people who need long time care.
This can also be for revalidation from ex. a car accident. I truly hope that you are comfortable.

3 years ago

Hospice is a place to go for someone who is likely to die soon
They care for you and make you comfortable.

Hospital is something different though :).

3 years ago

Hospice care is almost non-existent outside of the USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. I understand Russia was suppose to start the process of opening hospice but do not know if they ever followed through.

3 years ago

it exists here in Belgium under the name 'palliatieve zorgen/soins palliatifs' (Dutch/French).
That said, I hope that at least you're comfortable and not in pain. Sending some good vibes your way.

3 years ago

Echoing what Catplane said. Please let us know if there's anything we can do (if you'd like someone to talk to about anything--serious or fun--and/or if we could make a donation in your honor at a specific charity, for example).

3 years ago

Thank you that is kind. This is more comfortable then the hospital.
I am sure anyone who would make a donation all ready is.
My favorite is in the USA the Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I love what they do for the young and give them a chance at life. Before they spent all my assets in hospital bills I donated all the assets I had left to the children's hospital (since to enter this hospice you can not have any assets.) I would think many countries have that kind of children's hospital.

3 years ago

Yes! St. Jude is wonderful. I will certainly do that :) If anyone else is interested: Alienware Arena is actually holding a fundraiser for them this month, too. They've already raised $27K as of now (and their goal was originally only $30K!)

You sound like an awesome person, Azanthriel. Wish we could've met under better circumstances. :(

3 years ago*

Just read these posts of yours, learning of hospices and your situation. I hope the best for you.

3 years ago

Thank you.

3 years ago

Like Catplane said, in Belgium we have palliative care. This can be in a hospital, at home, a care facility, ....
Once again, sorry for misunderstanding and thank you for explaining it so kindly!

3 years ago

There is no need to apologies. When you typed that I knew you were not from one of the countries I listed. So I understood. And I appreciated your sentiment. Thank you.

3 years ago

Yes! you can use email authentication :) Less headache in the future.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

this is very weird

3 years ago

There is no price crossed out like in the weekly freebie. Just looks like a regular, free to play game.

3 years ago

That has been free for a while.

3 years ago

Diesel Brothers Truck Building Simulator Editor

3 years ago

Huh, then why they offer editor withour regular game?

3 years ago

so you can edit stuff duh

3 years ago

Showdown Bandit:
StartTime >>>> 6 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC

3 years ago

You arent aware its 11 May now? :)

3 years ago

Game Start End
Anomaly Über Bundle 2020-05-06 2020-06-06

Looks like it has ended...

3 years ago

From May 6th to June 6th. Did it end early?

3 years ago

Looks that way. They probably had a "budget" of keys to give away.

3 years ago

Well damn, I just looked at the info I was given. I'll remove it then.

3 years ago

Ok. The info you got was indeed correct: the Steam announcement did state June 6th as the end date. They just forgot to mention it was a limited supply.

3 years ago

What's about crusader kings ?
Edit nvm I understood what to do

3 years ago*

Bump time for Geneshift.

3 years ago

!addlicense ASF 453175
fails for me for Geneshift.
EDIT:I own it already.

3 years ago*

On Wednesday, May 13, a brightly-colored, eco-focused game will be made available as a free-to-play offering
on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
https://www.mmobomb.com/news/upcoming-multi-platform-game-island-saver-made-free-uk-bank/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1210250/Island_Saver/

3 years ago

Came here to say
A big THANK YOU for everyone that helps updating the thread. You guys are awesome! 💙💙

3 years ago

10 Second Ninja X
StartTime : 21 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC
ExpiryTime: 28 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC
SteamStore: https://store.steampowered.com/app/435790/10_Second_Ninja_X/
source: https://steamdb.info/sub/461588/
ASF command: !addlicense ASF 461588

3 years ago

[Steam] Aegis Defenders (22/05 17:00UTC)
Starts 22 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC

Ends 23 May 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC
https://store.steampowered.com/app/371140/Aegis_Defenders/

3 years ago

[Steam] Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi

Developer already confirm it on Twitter.

Starting today, we will be hosting a unique campaign here at MangaGamer, The Hinamizawa Virus Bundle, for those struggling with the ongoing pandemic. The first chapter of #Higurashi will be free-to-own on our website & Steam until an effective vaccine for COVID-19 is discovered.

According to Nmia, giveaway will begin at tomorrow (around CST time).

No package currently known and ASF license is coming soon

Store Page

3 years ago

Already appeared on Epic twitter but deleted after, the mistery game will be GTAV today.

3 years ago

[Steam] Four Kings One War

Start: 16 May 10:00 AM PST
Expire: 19 May 10:00 AM PST

no package confirmed on this and ASF license is coming soon

Stoe Page

3 years ago

Its 463040 which is free on demand license.
Seems they have a free wekend.

https://steamdb.info/sub/463040/

From their email:

Sorry for the delay in getting this email to you. We received a huge amount of demand for access to our free Four Kings giveaway, which has left us short on giveaway keys, and frankly a little overwhelmed!
But we didn't want to let you down. So, we've worked closely with Steam, to be able to provide the game via their platform for free for three days only. No special codes required!
To get your hands on Four Kings One War™, simply click on the link to Steam below - where you'll get free access the full versions of both our PC/Mac or VR game, available for 72 hours from 1am this Saturday, 16 May (Pacific Standard Time).

3 years ago

The next email clarified that it's free forever if you add it to your account.

3 years ago

Saw it this morning. I wonder if they are going to make a new no cost license or if its just a no +1 free on demand license thats removable from license page.

3 years ago

I'm going to wait to add this one until a package is confirmed.

3 years ago

It's confirmed 😀

Start: 16 May 2020 – 07:00:00 UTC
Expiry: 19 May 2020 – 07:00:00 UTC
!addlicense ASF 463361

https://steamdb.info/sub/463361/

3 years ago

xxxME-MMIZM-3HKLQ

xxx=The HTTP (xxx), (xxx) Not Found, (xxx), Page Not Found, or Server Not Found error message is a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) standard response code, in computer network communications, to indicate that the browser was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find what was requested.

3 years ago

surprised nobody put it here yet but GTA V Premium Edition FREE on Epic
(https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/grand-theft-auto-v/home)
Ends 5/21/2020

3 years ago

A few posts above yours.

3 years ago

Discovery Tour by Ubisoft: Ancient Greece https://register.ubisoft.com/acod-discovery-tour/en-US
Discovery Tour by Assassin's Creed: Ancient Egypt https://register.ubisoft.com/aco-discovery-tour/en-US

3 years ago

The evil genius giveaway has now ended

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

3 years ago

The Steam one is free to keep, right? I already had it before and I don't really add any freebies to my account (from lack of interest in the games).

3 years ago

No, it's F2P, no +1

3 years ago

Is the GOG one free to keep then?

3 years ago

I think yes, GOG don't have such difference for free games, right?

3 years ago

I don't have GOG so I wouldn't know. Adding it then.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

both are free to keep

3 years ago

The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game

• Start: 15 May 2020 – 13:00:00 UTC
  • Expire: 22 May 2020 – 06:59:00 UTC
  • !addlicense ASF 463329

Source

3 years ago

Nice :D I'm trying to collect the LEGO games.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.