January 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 31st, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 7th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

• RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • LATAM - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • Everyone else (including China): ROW

Street Fighter V

• Everyone receives ROW (including ROW for Japan, despite the notification) (confirmation)

GRIP: Combat Racing

• RU/CIS - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • Everyone else: ROW

Notes:

1. DiRT Rally 2.0 and GRIP come with extra DLCs (separate keys, see below). These DLCs do not take up a choice.

2. In the last sale the upgrade DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War was $11.99 @ 60% off. The complete game was $14.99 @ 75% off, so if you're considering to buy it in the next sale this bundle key can save you (only) $3 in the US Steam store (assuming that the discounts will be the same).

3. You can claim two free Two Point Hospital DLCs:

4. You can claim a few free DLCs for GRIP:

5. You can claim a free DLC for Street Fighter V:

6. Street Fighter V - Champion Edition, with all additional pay-2-play characters included, will be released on February 14, 2020.
    Do NOT waste your money buying all the characters separately! You might want to buy the upgrade pack instead. More info here.

🎮 Games (there are 12 choices, of which you can pick 10 if you have the Classic plan):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Middle-earth: Shadow of War 82% of 23810 🏆 7.50 CV app/356190 W 0 $49.99
Graveyard Keeper 81% of 9525 🏆 3.00 CV app/599140 W M L 1 $19.99
Two Point Hospital 89% of 10406 🏆 5.25 CV app/535930 W M L 0 $34.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 73% of 3695 - 🏆 9.00 CV app/690790 W 0 $59.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - H2 RWD Double Pack (DLC) 100% of 3 - - 0.45 CV app/988662 W 0 $2.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Opel Manta 400 (DLC) 100% of 6 - - 0.30 CV app/1004960 W 0 $1.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec (DLC) 73% of 11 - - 0.30 CV app/977660 W 0 $1.99
Street Fighter V 58% of 11406 🏆 3.00 CV app/310950 W 0 $19.99
Bad North 87% of 1725 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/688420 W M 0 $14.99
Trailmakers 84% of 2092 🏆 3.75 CV app/585420 W 0 $24.99
Unrailed! 92% of 1845 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/1016920 W 0 $16.99
Whispers of a Machine 96% of 216 🏆 2.25 CV app/631570 W M 0 $14.99
Them's Fightin' Herds 92% of 1039 - - 2.25 CV app/574980 W 0 $14.99
Mages of Mystralia 88% of 471 🏆 3.00 CV app/529660 W 0 $19.99
GRIP: Combat Racing 89% of 1685 🏆 0.00 CV ☠ app/396900 W 0 $29.99
Artifex Car Pack (DLC) 100% of 9 - - 0.75 CV ⚙️ app/1087830 W 0 $4.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Extras: Unparallel (DRM-free Game)

Retail:

• $333.84

CV:

• all: 45.58 (depends on what you pick)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Your New Year’s Resolution is...

View Results
[Recurring subscription] ...to play only good games this year and these seem to fit into that category.
[New subscription] …to never miss a good deal when I see one.
[Maybe subscribe] ...to ponder more before jumping into a decision.
[Have] …to stop hoarding games that I already own.
[Pausing] ...to be more responsible. Holiday’s gone. Back to school / work! No time to play games any more :(
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] … to fatten my savings account like a turkey before Christmas.
[Complaint] I just bought these in the sale. Refund time?
[Complaining subscriber] I paid for the Classic sub to get *all* the games, and now it's already just 10 out of 12...
Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago*

Wow, thanks you very much for GRIP! Got the code :)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

A reminder: we have 12 games to choose this month and even Humble Classic subscription has only 10 choices. So maximum 10/12 games, don't burn your choices like you own 12/12 games.

4 years ago

+1, noticed that. Be careful with your picks!

4 years ago

Choice of Street Fighter V is available but redeemable from JP only and it has expiration.
https://gyazo.com/5ebcb1f9a798ffd0349c6758197ef6c8

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Wow, expiration date on a paid Steam key... I know they are trying to prevent people from reselling but that's a new low.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Definitely gonna skip.

4 years ago

Well, I must say I am content with that content.
I mean... I wanted Shadow of War for so long. Also Them's fighting herds. I heard of this game since it was Pony fan game so when I heard about this game, I was really "wow, this is really similar to that one game". And I was right. And third game I wanted is Graveyard Keeper. I also had Bad North in wishlist too, but I'm not really sure why. Don't have idea what is this game about.
So... for me it's win-win. From 12 games I didn't like Street Fighter, so I dumped it and the Trailmakers looked like some low effort game. Also well... I'm not into lego simulation. So those two were banned from me. The rest are mine now. I'm astonished I didn't have Two Point Hospital in the wishlist, as it's very neat game. I'm not into car game, but GRIP looked like Rollcage to me, so maybe it will be cool. I also hope that DiRT Rally 2.0 will be at least close to Colin McRae games.
The rest are pretty neutral (don't really know them and have no idea what to expect) to me. So I'm okay with that.
IMO cool bundle. But I see the pattern here. Give the cool AAA game without DLC. This is actually good marketing. When You give away game for free or for small fee (~1-2$ per game), people will be interested... then they maaaaybe buy DLC. I don't like it but it's fair IMO. It's not shady tactics. The only thing I hate about it is that DLCs exist at all. Not that they sell them like that, giving great games without them.

4 years ago

Bad North is a nice little strategy game, with a rogue-like progression like FTL.

4 years ago

I think I don't own any of them, except for Bad North (Epic Games Store gave it for free), I am Classic so I still have to leave one of them out. I am thinking... I don't know why but I would say Graveyard Keeper is the one of these which has more probabilities of endind in an Epic's free game (it's singleplayer) Apart from that, I think Shadow of Mordors precuel was also given for free or really cheap in Humble Store. Grip was also given in Alienware Arena, I tried it in the Xbox console GamePass, and even if it seems my type of racing game, I felt it was not a very good one, coild that be Xbox's fault?

Anyway, which one would you say it is probable of being in a cheap bundle or even given for free "soon"?

4 years ago

Well, if you are not in a hurry, don't pick the 10 games now. You can buy the Humble Choice now (or at the auto-billing date at the end of the month), pick 0, 1, 2, 3 games if you want to try them soon, and keep the rest for later, in months or even years. You don't have to choose them all now. (Do my unused choices expire?)
Edit : Happy cakeday to me, yeyyy !

4 years ago*

Thank you, I was planning something like this, I will enter some giveaways meanwhile.

4 years ago

Dirt Rally 2 could be given away someday, when all the licenses expire. It's happened with most of the previous Dirt titles. Don't quote me on that though ;)

4 years ago

Tempted for Whispers of a Machine and Graveyard Keeper. I assume the second one will be free on Epic, so...

View attached image.
4 years ago

I already joined the twopointhospital website and told me that i didn't have the game in the past, now trying to register again doesn't show how to add the free DLC. Any clue?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Middle-earth: Shadow of War doesn't seem to have an "upgrade to definitive edition" option on Steam so I might skip that one.
I got Bad North free from EGS and I don't care much about that pony fighting game, so I should skip one of these too.

I'm only getting it because of the classic subscription

4 years ago

4 years ago

It should be noted that there are some free DLC's available on the GRIP Steam Store page as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/GRIP_Combat_Racing/

4 years ago*

This is my choice, at least intersted on LOTR, TwoPoint and Dirt 2.0... Bad North was free on EGS and Unrailed is multiplayer only, so i think was easy to pick the 10 games.

View attached image.
4 years ago

You should get DLCs for Shadow of War, they are not half bad :)

4 years ago

Unrailed is multiplayer only

Thanks for the warning! I guess I'm going to skip that one aswell

4 years ago

Think I'll skip Unrailed as well since I'm not usually into multiplayer. Got SoW somewhere else so this choice was not too hard in the end.

4 years ago

If I generate gift link for friend will it work even after some time? Or should I just take key?
I am not sure how to proceed with the new system... o.o

4 years ago

It'll just create a normal HB gift link as before.

4 years ago

I thought so, was just afraid about its expiration as before I created the link when needed. ;)
Thanks! :D

4 years ago

I'm sure I remember some people saying that gift links they'd created and left unclaimed had been stolen or hacked, can't remember who or when I read it though... 😅

4 years ago

Oh well, better to make giveaways soon then. XD

4 years ago

Only game that would make me instabuy this one is Trailmakers but I already own it :) Otherwise I'm really interested in Grip but not worth getting the whole bundle for that.

4 years ago

Added you on Steam 😎

4 years ago

Thanks again 0ldNick. Really appreciate it :)

4 years ago

You're welcome 😎
I meant to ask, how do you like Trailmakers? It looks interesting and I'd never heard of it before today.

4 years ago

It's great! It caught my eye even before it was even on Steam Early Access. If you're into construction games (e.g. Scrap Mechanic) then you'll love this one. The building itself is pretty straightforward and intuitive, but the added bonus with Trailmakers is that there is a purpose to building and improving your vehicles. Either in the 'Stranded in space' mode or the rally mode. I highly recommend it, if you're into the genre at all :)

4 years ago

👍

4 years ago

Btw, I played Grip today with my sons. Was probably a bit faster than they are used to, but it's great fun :)

4 years ago

I'm glad you're enjoying it! 😊

4 years ago

Oh shit, i think i wont pause but i already own shadow of war and street fighter 5. Dirt rally 2, graveyard keeper and two point hospital r awesome and i want them.

4 years ago

Already aiting until they'll start to add DLC as games in choices and make 16 selections.

4 years ago

that wouldn't necessarily be bad, seeing as a lot of dlc and season passes go for more than the games themselves.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

DiRT Rally 2.0 and GRIP come with extra DLCs (separate keys, see below). These DLCs do not take up a choice.

4 years ago

At least I got at least 3 games knocked off my wishlist with this one. Nice.

4 years ago

Great month for me:

• Wishlisted: Two Point Hospital, GRIP, Unrailed

• Interested in: Middle Earth, Dirt Rally 2, Trailmakers, Bad North

So glad I held out on getting TPH & GRIP in seasonal sales!

Honorable mention to My Little Pony: The Fighting Game...what a time to be alive. ("Them's Fightin' Herds")

Additional region info from my key activations:

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

4 years ago

Too many dlc for this games, will never buy any of them, so pass for me. Will try on gibaways, mb i will win some

Interested only in SFV and Graveyard Keeper/MB Bad North

4 years ago

Pausing, nothing interests me here I got bored with Shadow of Mordor after a few hours, so I don't see what I would like about the sequel. DIRT might be good, but I have too many driving games that I already don't play. The rest don't seem that good. Anyway, I'm still playing Tomb Raider from last month.

4 years ago

If I'm pausing this month and finally decide before the end that I want those games, would I be allowed to pay and get those games? (Only interested by few...)

4 years ago

You can, as long as you unpause before the new month.

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply

4 years ago

Yup, if paused you have until before the new reveal date to decide. If not paused, you will just have to keep in mind the autocharge date.

4 years ago

Thanks a lot

4 years ago

Fuck having to choose, i kept the "classic suscription" because i didnt want that, i only realized i had to left 2 games out half way through so i already the two that i wasnt interested in and had to left them fighting herds and mages of mystaria out because of it, i know they probably said it could be more than 10 games at one point but it still really bothers me

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Try contacting support. They might help you swap games (if already activated on Steam it'll give you the rescinded key warning).

4 years ago

I expected to be able to pick everything as well for some reason, so you're not alone

I only started redeeming my keys today and I kept wondering how it would add up in the end. Thankfully I already got SoW somewhere else and I'm only marginally interested in multiplayer so Unrailed was a fairly easy choice to skip for me.

4 years ago

Confused......
I am on the classic plan, so I get to keep all the games....
But.....there are more than 10 games!
Do I keep 12 now, or do I have to pick 10?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Thanks!

4 years ago

Pick 10 you want as the person above you found out the hard way.

4 years ago

Ouch, glad I don't have to make the same mistake, thanks!

4 years ago

:(

4 years ago

When I went to the website for Two Point Hospital (signed up for Hospital Pass) I only received 1 DLC. Am I missing something? I thought a comment mentioned 2.

4 years ago

Check this comment please or the updated note in the OP.

4 years ago

I think you only get the "Hospital Pass Rewards" DLC for Two Point Hospital by signing up.
But you can get another one through steamdb:
https://steamdb.info/app/963240/ -> Install button at the top
Or past this in your browser:
steam://install/963240

4 years ago

Thanks! Got that one as well as the Hospital Pass Rewards DLC.

4 years ago

Thank you for this! I was wondering the same thing as above.

4 years ago

Thanks for this info! I edited the note referring to the Two Point Hospital DLCs and added your correction.

4 years ago

No problem, thanks for the quick chart :)
Just a small correction for your note:
The DLC from their website is called "Hospital Pass Rewards"
The DLC from steamdb is called "Convention-al Rug"

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.