January 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 31st, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 7th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

• RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • LATAM - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • Everyone else (including China): ROW

Street Fighter V

• Everyone receives ROW (including ROW for Japan, despite the notification) (confirmation)

GRIP: Combat Racing

• RU/CIS - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
  • Everyone else: ROW

Notes:

1. DiRT Rally 2.0 and GRIP come with extra DLCs (separate keys, see below). These DLCs do not take up a choice.

2. In the last sale the upgrade DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War was $11.99 @ 60% off. The complete game was $14.99 @ 75% off, so if you're considering to buy it in the next sale this bundle key can save you (only) $3 in the US Steam store (assuming that the discounts will be the same).

3. You can claim two free Two Point Hospital DLCs:

4. You can claim a few free DLCs for GRIP:

5. You can claim a free DLC for Street Fighter V:

6. Street Fighter V - Champion Edition, with all additional pay-2-play characters included, will be released on February 14, 2020.
    Do NOT waste your money buying all the characters separately! You might want to buy the upgrade pack instead. More info here.

🎮 Games (there are 12 choices, of which you can pick 10 if you have the Classic plan):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Middle-earth: Shadow of War 82% of 23810 🏆 7.50 CV app/356190 W 0 $49.99
Graveyard Keeper 81% of 9525 🏆 3.00 CV app/599140 W M L 1 $19.99
Two Point Hospital 89% of 10406 🏆 5.25 CV app/535930 W M L 0 $34.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 73% of 3695 - 🏆 9.00 CV app/690790 W 0 $59.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - H2 RWD Double Pack (DLC) 100% of 3 - - 0.45 CV app/988662 W 0 $2.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Opel Manta 400 (DLC) 100% of 6 - - 0.30 CV app/1004960 W 0 $1.99
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec (DLC) 73% of 11 - - 0.30 CV app/977660 W 0 $1.99
Street Fighter V 58% of 11406 🏆 3.00 CV app/310950 W 0 $19.99
Bad North 87% of 1725 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/688420 W M 0 $14.99
Trailmakers 84% of 2092 🏆 3.75 CV app/585420 W 0 $24.99
Unrailed! 92% of 1845 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/1016920 W 0 $16.99
Whispers of a Machine 96% of 216 🏆 2.25 CV app/631570 W M 0 $14.99
Them's Fightin' Herds 92% of 1039 - - 2.25 CV app/574980 W 0 $14.99
Mages of Mystralia 88% of 471 🏆 3.00 CV app/529660 W 0 $19.99
GRIP: Combat Racing 89% of 1685 🏆 0.00 CV ☠ app/396900 W 0 $29.99
Artifex Car Pack (DLC) 100% of 9 - - 0.75 CV ⚙️ app/1087830 W 0 $4.99

⚙️ - Steam is learning about this game, therefore some features will be limited (no card drops, achievements won't count, the game will not give a +1 to your library etc.) More Changes Addressing Fake Games

Extras: Unparallel (DRM-free Game)

Retail:

• $333.84

CV:

• all: 45.58 (depends on what you pick)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Your New Year’s Resolution is...

View Results
[Recurring subscription] ...to play only good games this year and these seem to fit into that category.
[New subscription] …to never miss a good deal when I see one.
[Maybe subscribe] ...to ponder more before jumping into a decision.
[Have] …to stop hoarding games that I already own.
[Pausing] ...to be more responsible. Holiday’s gone. Back to school / work! No time to play games any more :(
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] … to fatten my savings account like a turkey before Christmas.
[Complaint] I just bought these in the sale. Refund time?
[Complaining subscriber] I paid for the Classic sub to get *all* the games, and now it's already just 10 out of 12...

finally Choice is there for a reason :)

4 years ago

Glad I went through this thread to realise that I can choose the games at a later date. Shame I picked Graveyard Keeper already when it's probably going to be free on Epic, but oh well. Still have 8 choices left.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

4 years ago

I think you're too late and the keys have run out unfortunately.
The good news you can claim the dlc directly from steam as its free. https://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/GRIP_Combat_Racing/

There's a few others that are free as well so you may as well claim them.

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

4 years ago

You're welcome!

4 years ago

Well the AW Arena page still shows 1000 keys left, and that Arena link might site the EU region specifically - So who knows what's really going on.

So thanks for the link to the free DLC direct from Steam so I dont have to troubleshoot logging into my 7 year old AW Arena account.

4 years ago

You're welcome RM. :)

4 years ago

hi guys im confuse, I have a question, I canceled my subscription last month for the theme of the games they gave, now I enter and I have the option to re-subscribe, if I subscribe, can I choose the 9 games they show in the list? thanks for your answers, I don't know what to do any suggestions?

4 years ago

Yes, you can pick 9 of the listed games.
And had you just paused instead of canceling your sub last month, you'd get to choose 10 games for a better price.

4 years ago

You should pause rather than cancel it. Now you have to pay more with fewer choices.

4 years ago

I don't like the choice thing. I'm a subscriber and I subscribe to the mystery Humble Monthly. I'd like to see them change it back to the old Humble Monthly and they could still have a monthly Choice Bundle.

4 years ago

What exactly is worse with Choice so that you have to dislike it?

4 years ago

Before, those of us subscribers and those who bought it before the end of the month (or whatever day it ended) had unique games, many AAA games, that no one else had. Now anyone can get them. They can't get all ten but they can definitely get the AAA games. It's like a slap in the face. No longer do we have unique games that no one else has. That's what I don't like.

4 years ago

Jesus, seriously? >_<

4 years ago

Ikr.

4 years ago

Yeah, I miss the days when Humble Bundle was exclusive. It was nice -- just me and 300,000 friends!

4 years ago

Man, your reason is so hilarious.

4 years ago

You're upset that other people can have the same nice things you can have. This is just simply evil.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I am not. Neflix bubble is bursting with everyone getting their own streaming, meaning we basically get TV again.
Gaming will undoubtedly follow the same pattern.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

And when they go like Classic with massive advantages for being an old user vs new... without the pausing system, what then?
If many people will sub on demand, obviously they will eventually respond in return.

4 years ago

I presume the dislike for choice is personal?

From what I remember, Humble Monthly games were always below 10 in number, the fact that Humble Choice guarantees 10 games per month while classic members still pay the old price seems to be win-win for me. Not to mention that being able to choose among more games should be a good thing because everyone's tastes are different.

4 years ago

Then people keep yelling that "In the past, we had all games each month. HB used to be good before IGN bought them. Bla bla bla"

4 years ago

see my response above for my personal reasons.

4 years ago

Heya, I'm not sure what you refer to when you say "now anyone can get them"

During HBM int he past and HBC presently, anyone can buy in as long as they do so before the bundle changes so the system didn't change except we no longer have late reveals that have always turned disappointing for someone.

During HBM(12$), we get 6-8? games total with 1-3 headliners plus late reveals, we had good and bad months where the late reveals by popularity alone was very subjective.

Presently, HBC classic (12$) gets us 10 choices out of 10+games, not taking into account if the lack of mystery is a good or bad thing, from the 2 bundles so far, the picks have been good and if in the future we get even more choices, that just means everyone can get the games they prefer for the same 12$ rather than getting just 6-8 games like in the past where you can't choose and can even get bad surprises.

New subs have to pay at least 15$ for 3 picks, naturally they will pick the best in the lot but they pay more than classic members and get way less, if you feel that anything besides the headlines are dirt than that would be a personal view, yet I can't see how paying 15-20$ for 3 or 9 games is superior to classic members who get 10 picks for 12$.

4 years ago

The only way to explain is that he loves the mysterious unlocked games at the end of each month. So many people couldn't know the games they wanted would come and cancel/pause their subscriptions. He was excited when people regretted of not buying the HB Monthly.
Now all games have been revealed in the beginning, so "anyone can get them"

4 years ago

Ahh so that's what it was. I missed the word "mystery" in the original comment.

A very realistic example in how we hoomans can never entirely agree on anything I guess? xD

4 years ago

I can activate the Two Point Hospital DLC yay

4 years ago

SFV owned and Shadow of War is cheaper to get on sale the deluxe than upgrading... but the rest is on my wishlist... might just keep the sub active...

4 years ago

I like this.

4 years ago

Did the USD pricing change as well? I saw the note about non-USD pricing but the table in the OP differs from what I saw on HB?

View attached image.
4 years ago

If you're talking about the price change from when it was the Humble Monthly to the what it is now, which is the Humble Choice, then yes, the package has changed as well as the pricing. If you are talking about from when the Humble Choice started last month till now, then no.

4 years ago

Exactly.

For example, the table on this OP shows Premium as $15.99 while its $19.99 (as shown in the pic from HB in my above post as well as the HB Choice #1 thread). I wasn't clear on where the different pricing on this OP's table is coming from for each of the tiers.

4 years ago

Thats probably US prices. Everyone else has regional pricing.

Those who have classic plan remain under US price no matter what region.
I opened in a new private window and saw that I would pay €17.99/month if I subscribed now for premium.

4 years ago

Pretty funny when I googled 15.99 USD to EUR it says 14,33 euro. Like wtf, they charge 3,66 EUR more then they should?

Lucky me I still have classic plan.

4 years ago

Pretty funny when I googled 15.99 USD to EUR it says 14,33 euro. Like wtf, they charge 3,66 EUR more then they should?

The rate is the other way around because they receive 17.99 EUR.

if you google 17.99 EUR to USD you get ~19.99 USD (currently 20.08)

4 years ago

I thought oAxleo had regional pricing set to 19,99USD and that the USD price in the US was 15,99 because that was the amount in OP. But now when I checked Humble Subs I see that it actually is 19,99USD. Now my EUR price makes more sense when I convert it from USD to EUR.

Would be wierd if different users have different price in the same currency. So Im also wondering where those prices in OP comes from.

4 years ago*

Exactly, I guess I should ask OP. I’ll do another post.

4 years ago

I guess there has been some sort of mistake in this thread when the table was written. Because in Humble Choice 1 the info is correct :)

4 years ago

Indeed, thanks!

4 years ago

Yes, it was a mistake from my part. My thread template was not up to date with the prices, so the Humble Choice #2 thread was created with the wrong values. Sorry for that, it's fixed now.

4 years ago

No worries and thanks for clarifying

4 years ago

Should I maybe dismiss Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Street Fighter V since no DLC come with them?

4 years ago

Man, this is a dilemma...I really want Shadow of War but I hate that that it doesn't come with the DLCs. Most other games of the bundle are nice but not something I'd play in the next months or even the whole year because of all the other games I want to finish first.

4 years ago

All dlc for SoW got mixed reviews in Steam so i doubt you will miss much

4 years ago

It's a pretty good game, to be honest. The mixed reviews from Steam are most likely because of the early days microtransaction controversy.

4 years ago

Some indies with charming looks I hadn't noticed before... But the "bigger" titles don't appeal to me, Two Point looks like a DLC-fest (so: better get the Collector's Edition in a year or so?), Graveyard I already have... Guess it's a skip for me.

4 years ago*

two point is not a DLC fest. There are 2 types of DLC:
1) new "campaign": adds 3 new levels, 3 new visible diseases and a few new items
2) new items; adds several new items.

Also the base game easily lasts 30h assuming you are going just for the objectives necessary to 1 star each level in the campaign. If you go for 3 stars you can easily reach 70h.
Alongside this you have a cooperation project with other players and the sandbox gameplay.

If that is not enough content for full 35€ i don't know what is.

4 years ago

Thanks for the info. :-) Might reconsider, but I felt like this would go on my ever-great backlog anyway. ;-)

4 years ago

Is there regional pricing? Otherwise, why would someone get a region-locked version of a game?

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Mostly to discourage trading I think. Of course, it's up to the devs/publishers to set region locks or not in the first place but it's also much more simple to say Asia gets Asia keys, EU gets EU keys, NA gets NA keys, etc since some games won't let you activate any other region than your own, not even if it was more expensive. Also some countries' censorship/restrictions.

It's more work for them to have to sort out individual games like that rather than the lazy programmable way.

I can't say I know how their profit works, whether or not they earn a bigger profit from selling a "cheaper key", a possibility.

I assume you already know someone doesn't get to CHOOSE to get a region lock or not, there are other sites that let you buy different region versions but Humble "automatically" assigns the region.

4 years ago

Out of curiosity, could you name an official seller, which allows you to choose region for your purchase? From my experience (Humble store, GMG, gamersgate, etc.), they just detect your region on their own and offer you price/locks accordingly. The only way to get game from different region is to use proxy/VPN or grey market, and that's not really official/"legit" method.

It would be actually great option to choose: pay a full price for region free key or pay lower price for region locked key.
However, right now we pay the same price (in case of Humble bundles), but some people get region free keys and others - region locked.

4 years ago

WinGameStore gave me the option to choose my region when purchasing Resident Evil 2.

4 years ago

Thanks for info. I didn't know that WinGameStore has regional versions (maybe it's just for some rare games).

4 years ago

""However, right now we pay the same price (in case of Humble bundles), but some people get region free keys and others - region locked.""

I mean, right? It would be easier and fair if they just gave away row keys no matter where the person is.

4 years ago

Fanatical once listed two versions of Civ VI Gold - with a few dollars difference - about a year ago and I was curious so I looked into it and the difference was in the country activations, haven't seen that happen much. There was another site that only sold EU versions but I can't remember. Unfortunately, I have not bought from the many other less popular official sites that I have seen in the ITAD store list. Using a VPN would be more "legit" than a grey site, I mean this in not abusing the system kind of way, for gifting.

Not even Steam itself lets you pay a higher price to be able to gift the 10% price difference... it's ridiculous. I am really in favor of an option to pay the full price for a ROW gift as well. Then again, there are stories of Valve gift-banning users for gifting so maybe they don't want us to spread the love of gaming across the world.

4 years ago*

As "official seller" I mostly refer to sites from ITAD list. Some of them don't have regional prices. Others, like Fanatical, just offer you price and locks, based on your location. Sometimes VPN doesn't help, because they may additionally check payment method (GMG, GameStop).

4 years ago

Yes, there is fixed regional pricing set by Humble that is not based off payment method's exchange rates.

4 years ago

Good quality games overall, a great start to a new year :)

4 years ago

I had Two Point Hospital & ME: SoW in my cart on Steam but I forgot to pay for them during the winter sale. Lucky me ^^. Good bundle!

4 years ago

same :)

4 years ago

was wondering if anyone knew why the monthly choice games aren't considered as bundled yet? (both Dec & Jan games)

4 years ago

it sometimes need Time to be added to the bundled list

4 years ago

Two Point Hospital alone won me over, I almost bought it in the winter sale but had a feeling that it could go into a bundle, I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the choices. I'm on the classic plan so the bundle is more than worth my money. :-)
Graveyard Keeper looks like a game that I would enjoy, possibly Shadow of War and Whispers of a machine too.
Haven't checked out Bad North or Mages of Mystralia just yet.
I have no interest in Dirt, Grip, Fightin Herds, Unrailed, Trailmakers or Street Fighter, I will probably trade some of those or make giveaways with the spare choices.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago

I'm on the fence as to get this or pause. Message me on steam if you want to talk about splitting this, if we can hash out which games you and I want.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago

I've been putting off buying many games and this bundle had 6 on my wishlist! Well worth it. Bad North was given away on Epic and Graveyard Keeper was bundled before but eh, still definitely worth it for me.

4 years ago

thank you sensualshakti

4 years ago

Im really put off from Dirt and its shitty DLC practice...... But I really do want it :/
Along other great games.. I rarely like almost all games from a bundle. I might just have to buy it

4 years ago

You might kick yourself in the butt for it tho. Way too large HD footprint + DLC galore killed it for me, especially since i loved doing the dailys in Dirt Rally 1 - which Dirt Rally 2 turned into "Oh my, you cannot play 90% of todays dailys unless you pay up" .....

If Dirt Rally 1 was´nt so finnicky to setup in VR i´d just keep playing that :E

4 years ago

meh i dont like any of this

4 years ago

Well that's a totally worth it bundle!

4 years ago

Splendid choice! Not perfect for my tastes, sure, but excellent all the same.

4 years ago

Shoutout to Mages of Mystralia

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.