The festival is available here. Featuring over 200 games by GSC Game World, Frogwares, Starni Games and many others. Lasts until August 28.

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is Valve intentionally not promoting this event?

View Results
Yes, they don't want to annoy their Russian audience
No, they just have their hands full of other things

I love the smell of conspiracy theory in the morning.

1 year ago

It's not conspiracy, it's the fluoride from the water reacting with the chemtrails, modifying your brain chemistry.

1 year ago

Yeah, wake up sheeple. Video gaming journalists are being bribed by reptilians, and are part of New World Order. They "forget" to mention some Steam Sales. They also have access to Secret Steam where all Nintendo Games are ported, have achievements, trading cards, and are always on -90% sale.

1 year ago

Haven't valve officially pulled out of Russia at the beginning of the war.

1 year ago

I don't think Valve themselves did anything in particular. It was Visa and Mastercard who pulled out of Russia, as well as some publishers who stopped their sales there.

1 year ago

yeah, correct Valve haven't issued anything, only some publishers did pull games

1 year ago

There are many events that have no promotion from Valve, i follow a couple of indie events that get a page for the event but it not featured in the main page

1 year ago

That is good to know, thank you.

1 year ago

TBH I was suprised when I saw this thread and it wasn't featured on the front page, as I thought they put all events like this on it. Do you know any off the top of your head that didn't get the front page?

1 year ago

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/indiex2021 a friend of mine is on the organization of this one but there are other small events like this that don't get featured on the main page

1 year ago

I remember this event, I thought it had a lot of cool indies on it. I don't recall if it was on the main page or not though. If these aren't featured on the front page they really should be.

1 year ago

it's was not on main page but there was a banner on the featured games main page on top (like gamescon banner they have today)

1 year ago

I think a banner is fine as well, so it's good that at least it had that. The Ukrainian Games Festival 2022 I didn't even see a banner for, I wouldn't have even known about it had it not been for this thread.

1 year ago

i mean banners only on game pages not steam main page and this event has the banner on the games featured go to any stalker game page for example and you will see it

1 year ago

The Gamescom event was just put on the front page, this would take place on the front page for any other events I believe.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Wouldn't it be a nice and thoughtful gesture to put it on the front page, though? Some would say even logical. One look at some of these game pages is enough to understand how much indie Ukrainian devs need support now, plus Valve would benefit from that positive publicity. Unless there is some truth in what OP is suggesting lol.

Edit: Gamescom is on the frontpage now, so I guess one of the reasons could be that they didn't want to bother putting the UA event there just for one day. Still would've gotten a good amount of exposure IMO, but it's understandable. Probably should've chosen a better time for the event, though lol.
Edit 2: it's Ukraine's Independence day today, so that might explain the timing.

1 year ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

1 year ago*

Gamescom just got put on the front page so this actually could be the reason that the Ukrainian Games Festival 2022 wasn't put on it.

1 year ago

Agreed. And those people responsible for the festival should have known that it's not the best idea to run it during one of the major gaming trade fairs and conventions.

1 year ago

Ukraine's Independence Day is tomorrow. It's actually the perfect time to run it.

1 year ago

I'd argue it's the most fitting, but definitely far from perfect time for that (looking at it from visibility standpoint). But it's pointless just somewhat different phrasing.

1 year ago

As Adam said, it's fitting but certainly not perfect. For the international audience, it wouldn't make any real difference if this sale happens on their independence day or any other. And you can't really expect the industry to downgrade Gamescom because of the independence day with some indie games sale.

Besides, the festival is pretty lacklustre imho. I have five games wishlisted on that festival hub page and only one has a discount. Ostriv, with just 10% off. Nah, Steam isn't to blame if this event gains little traction.

Gamescom oth ... that 50% off for Age of Empires IV looks mighty tempting.

1 year ago*

They are doing this in the past few months. Games get discounted, and a few days later you'll see the sale banner on the main page. The last one was Quakecon, Capcom before, etc. Today is ID in Ukraine, so I guess we are going to get a banner today.

1 year ago

i dont really know either way
usually i get faster news by reading forum instead of steam

1 year ago

Thanks for promoting the festival!

1 year ago

i dont think they give a single F for r*ssian audience...

1 year ago

Obviously they do, as they would for any big market that brings substantial part of their income.
However, I don't think this is the case here.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

They should make a shovelware game fest. So many crap games could go on sale. 😂

1 year ago

Well they had Quakecon and Gamescom back to back. To many events to go with. Though ya, I never so even one thing about it. Though I usually x out of that little pop up ad box before it even loads anything. So if not for the store front page. I would not have known about Quakecon or Gamescom. Which, I don't care about and pissed off that I never got my Quakecon reward after hours of watching that stupid play-through. SALT

Still cool to let us know. Don't care what country makes the game. That never affects what I play.

Games being shown off:
"This Land Is My Land" - Ukraine makes American History Survival Game. Then again there seem to be more American History games then Ukraine. It's a survival game about "white man" expansion over native American land. Then again, it could be worse. It could be made by Ubisoft and we what they do with History. ;P (wishlisted)

"Puzzles for Clef" - Now this is a cute fun looking game. Adorable bunny girl in her sundress and big hat. Running around solving puzzles with music in a visually captivating side-scroller world. I can't wait for it.

"Cradle" - Caught my eye for, um... reasons. So I guess it's a story about you fixing your robo waifu love doll, but walking around and fighting cubes with dreds....?! Ya, not really sure. I am still interested though. For... reasons.

"Sayri: The Beginning" - Alien Geckotaur tries to leave their No Man's Sky's Promo world before it gets replaced with sadness and heartbreak (jk, love NMS). This is heart warming and probably breaking journey of discovery and adventure though the power of friendship. Honestly, it's a pretty game and looks like it could be fun. I have hopes for it.

"PUSS!" - Hey, it's not for Pu... umm... it's a hard game. Look, drugs are bad. This is what drugs are like. Don't do drugs kids, adults.... anyone. Seriously! You don't do them. You don't need to experience this in your life.

"Football, Tactics & Glory" - WAIT! Wrong ball! Where are your helmets and what's with the nets. I thought this was Football. ;P JK, good on them not calling it Soccer. Still, sports. YUK! Who plays sports when there are video games? ;P

"Putinist Slayer" - Finally for GOTY! This is it. F for Skyrim! F for Cyberpunk! F for Eldenring! This is going to be the #1 best seller GOTY to take all the awards. What's it about? Who knows and who cares. Simple instructions for you. Take game and PUT IN snicker your library. ;P
Ya, that was a really bad set up for a Putin joke. As far as 2D side scroll, bullet hell, space shooters go. I have seen crazier. We all know why this game is here though. We know.

So, enjoy your Ukrainian Games Festival. There are actually some pretty decent games worth playing. The Top 4 games I listed are on my wishlist. :D

1 year ago

A friend also recommended Cradle, and not for ehh... those kind of reasons :P Said the story is interesting, has a ton of intriguing details, lore is wonderful to dig into and the visuals are extremely picturesque.
Also I love your name! :D

1 year ago

Oh ya, no. My description was more for giggles. Like I said it's a wishlisted game to look at getting later. It looks like an interesting game. The only reservation I have towards it. Is the cube battle ground thing. I do not know all the details of the game. Just that part seems out of place with the rest of what I saw for the game. It's like going from live action to cartoon. Just from the video it almost looks like it was added cause they felt they needed a game for there video game. When they already had a game. Like playing GTAV only play some 2D pixel fighter in the game.

Not sure, only going off the promo vid and that is never enough to make a decision. Will have to look the reviews as well. It's mixed so that means there are probably some issues with the game.

1 year ago

Yeah I know :P
A bit weird yeah, it's like mixing a walking simulator with Q.U.B.E. all of the sudden, looks out of place. Have it in my wishlist for months but I always forget about it x_x should take a look at reviews as well.

1 year ago

Just wanted to say thank you for this post. It brought a smile to my face. :)

1 year ago

Glad you enjoyed!

Happy Gaming to you! :D

1 year ago

Bump for Ukrainian Independance Day

1 year ago

Really appreciate the bump!

1 year ago