I am really, REALLY curious what is the reason, dear moderators? Because both games are free for now. I can see a lot of The Culling Of The Cows giveways but yesterday you didn't need 20 minutes to delete my Metro 2033 giveway. I want answers.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The mods need sleep too, ya know

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

the moderators are only volunteers xD like always said and they have alot of work with support and checking the giveaways ... The steamgifts community became to big for the volunteers to handle directly

9 years ago

Well I suppose one reason is that you can get as many metro keys as you want, the Culling of the Cows keys require a twitter account, facebook, email and you may not even get a key/may have to try all day to get one single key (took me 3 hours to get one). So there's slightly more effort required to get one. The metro keys also expire, whereas CotC keys don't. These are significant differences.

Also, looking at your profile you've only given away games which were free one way or another, so you've farmed up $30 CV for nothing.

9 years ago

But it's free like Metro. I can't accept these FB/Twitter reasons. Like if you should pay to regist these sites.

9 years ago

The point is it is more difficult. Unless you have like 10 twitter AND facebook accounts, along with 10 different email accounts, it's not as exploitable. Someone here took 50 keys from one of the Humble giveaways, Warlock Master of the Arcane and gave them away on the forums. This shows how easy it is to get many keys from Humble.

If you want to give away those keys, wait a few days (somewhere between now and the expiry date) and give them away on the forum so people who may have missed the humble giveaway can get them. You can't go past $30 CV with only bundled games anyway, so I don't really see why you're compaining.

9 years ago

It said the Culling of the Cow key expires 12/1

9 years ago

It's the voucher that expires, not the key. If you have somewhere to keep the key you can keep it for later.

9 years ago

Are you saying you don't always get a key from those? Because I have done around 10 of those free keys and I always have gotten one!

9 years ago

There was one of these Indiegala giveaways that I tried for 2-3 days and the giveaway ended before I managed to get one. I don't remember what game it was for (perhaps Rush Bros?), but it was a few months ago. All the others I have managed to get a key, I think only 1 was on the first try.

9 years ago

I have always gotten mine on the first try, huh! I can now feel lucky :) I may not win GAs here, but I get all the free indie gala keys :P

9 years ago

I agree with you guys. they are people too, have a life, they can't moderate the site 0-24 but then make some limitations or let all users to create this giveways.

9 years ago

How about don't make giveaways for free stuff. :)

9 years ago

That's like asking gaben to release half-life 3 - not gonna happen

9 years ago

I want to know if there is a website that lists all the "currently free" games
Thanks

9 years ago

You just have to enter the Forum and you can see. Every 3rd topic name is: XY FREE! Or just watch the amount of a game's giveway. - Neither can't accept your answer.

9 years ago

ok thanks but isnt there a topic with a list of all of them
THANKS though

9 years ago

Or you can look here: http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/

9 years ago

AWESOME

9 years ago

The reason is quite simple. Moderators cannot remove games from the drop down list, only the administrator.

Edit : Plus, we are not always online.

9 years ago

If you let me one more question: How many time should i wait to put back my giveway? - btw, i can accept your answer. i don't see inside the site's hearth. I thought moderators have these rights too.

9 years ago

When the title returns to the giveaway list, you will be able to create a giveaway for it but I cannot be sure when that will be, yet.

9 years ago

People like you are why there's a "exploited games" list.

9 years ago

The point is you are a rule-abiding user. But this is OFF topic.

9 years ago

Wasn't Metro off the list since the last time it was given for free?

9 years ago

how shameless of you... the only thing you should want is a spot in blacklists.

9 years ago

It's not about i can't scroll down 2 pages... read it again one or two times :\

9 years ago

no, i don't need to read anything about this. you need to stop trying to cheat the system.

9 years ago

Like if i was created 10+ giveways and crying about it cmon i'm not that stupid... You really need to read it again, but the point is, You saved the day, Captain SG!

9 years ago

just wow. go on like this. never change.

9 years ago

If you not discuss about the point of the topic, you need to go away and find another forum. I got the answer what i needed. No need for children like you who can't understand a simply sentence. End of topic!

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by szogyenyi.