The Steam Winter Sale started and also the Steam Awards are were up for the final vote! ^^ Below all the information I've gathered about these events until now. Hope there will be many cheap games for us to collect :)

Awards

Steam made an announcement with all the information and here you can find the winners! Each day (on 10 AM PST) on one award could be voted on by all Steam users. Below you can find the date (with a link to a topic about it), the name of the award, all nominees, SteamGifts giveaway choice and the final winner.

Date Award Nominees SG Nominee Winner
December 22nd Villain Most In Need Of A Hug Borderlands 2, Dead by Daylight, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, Portal 2 Portal 2 Portal 2
December 23rd I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award Euro Truck Simulator 2, Paladins, Starbound, Stardew Valley, Unturned Stardew Valley Euro Truck Simulator 2
December 24th Test of Time Age of Empires II HD, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Sid Meier’s Civilization V, Team Fortress 2, Terraria The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
December 25th Just 5 More Minutes Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rocket League, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, Fallout 4, Terraria Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
December 26th Whoooaaaaaaa, dude! Bioshock Infinite, DOOM, Grand Theft Auto V, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Grand Theft Auto V
December 27th Game Within A Game Award Garry’s Mod, Grand Theft Auto V, The Stanley Parable, Tabletop Simulator, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt Grand Theft Auto V
December 28th I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye Life Is Strange, To the Moon, This War of Mine, Undertale, The Walking Dead Life Is Strange The Walking Dead
December 29th Best Use Of A Farm Animal ARK: Survival Evolved, Blood and Bacon, Farming Simulator 17, Goat Simulator, Stardew Valley Stardew Valley Goat Simulator
December 30th Boom Boom Broforce, DOOM, Just Cause 3, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Kerbal Space Program - DOOM
December 30th Love/Hate Relationship Dark Souls III, Darkest Dungeon, Dota 2, Geometry Dash, Super Meat Boy - Dark Souls III
December 30th Sit Back and Relax ABZU, Cities Skylines, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Mini Metro, Viridi - Euro Truck Simulator 2
December 30th Better With Friends Don’t Starve Together, Gang Beasts, Golf With Your Friends, Left 4 Dead 2, Magicka - Left 4 Dead 2

Winter Sales

Sales have started! They will end on January 2, 10 AM PST.
Visit the Steam Store here

Steam cards / badge: The Steam Awards Badge

The Mysterious Badge changed into The Steam Awards Badge. There are nine cards, corresponding to the nine awards (award no. 9 being Community Choice). You can get cards:

• As a reward for purchasing from the Steam Store
  • By crafting game badges
  • By voting in the Steam Awards (one for every day that you vote)
  • By browsing your Discovery Queue
  • By trading with friends
  • By purchasing them in the Community Market

Crafting them can be done until February 2nd. More information here, on the bottom of the page.

Click here to view the cards, badges, emoticons and backgrounds on Steam Card Exchange (will you get the level 12500 badge? lol xD)

Other topics about the sales and awards

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Looking forward/enjoying the event?

View Results
Potato!
Potato
Potato.

I wonder if those who suggested themes and were picked got any sort of rewards for that

7 years ago

No, these suggested ones are used by a lot, it's why they have been added.
Even the Steam stave does not have time to check over 15 million entries.
They just look at the most used ones.

7 years ago

Would have been nice! Maybe a badge or something, but guess not indeed due the amount of votes (they even decided to make four "custom" awards instead of one due the many responses). Anyway my "Serious game"-award did not make it.. :( :P

7 years ago*

Thanks for the reminder! :)

7 years ago

last summer and winter sale all games i wanted were cheaper on legit key stores...

i hope that a few games are really cheap this year... have some steamwallet left... :P

7 years ago

I'm hoping so too! Otherwise I'll just keep it to crafting some badges and voting on some awards ;)

7 years ago

i stoped activ leveling over a year ago, but i think i can't refuse to make the winter sale badge if any artwork between lvl 1-10 looks really nice...^^

7 years ago

I'm going for level 100+ and have 140 badges ready and waiting for me to craft :P So with a bit of luck I'll be able to get to level 10 orso :)

7 years ago

waited for exact this time to sell my 2000+ cards on market... :D

not leveling became profit for me at winter and summer sale... :P

7 years ago

Yeah, good thing I've stocked before hand xD Although I've been hearing that the prices are not that high comparing to previous events and sales..

7 years ago

yes, history shows that some cards didn't gain much value, maybe 1cent...^^

7 years ago

prices r too low, I was hoping to sell my 150+ mystery cards n make some profit, RIP.

7 years ago

It seems another stores always beat Steam's price. You think they would match the best prices out there to keep all sales.

7 years ago

RIP wallet then :D
Ty 4 the info and have a good holiday.

7 years ago

RIP my wallet too probably :P I only hope I'll have the discipline to not add new funds to it when it does xD

7 years ago

Meh. Key sites, even the legit ones, are usually a lot cheaper anyways.

7 years ago

What web pages?

7 years ago

Legit ones like greenmangaming for instance, is often cheaper.

7 years ago

Does this pages have currency modifications ? I live in Mexico, and the steam store gives me modified prices, and they are even cheaper than if I buy them from the USA store

7 years ago

I have no idea or way to test this. I live in the EU, so I get the ROW/WW editions. Not sure if Mexico get those, or if they are region locked. You could look at the prices on the site? If they are more expensive than steam, then use steam :)

7 years ago

Yeah, I tried to find anything related to changing currency on gmg, without luck. If they sell in dollars, is more expensive than steam for me. Thanks for the reply!

7 years ago

For those of us with regional steam stores, 3rd party sites tend to be more expensive than Steam sales. Most only sell in USD/EUR with a few including GBP and CAD. Only Nuuvem provides Latam prices since they are in Brazil.

7 years ago

I'll check Nuuvem, thanks!

7 years ago

Lol @ Civ V & VI

7 years ago

Absolutely nothing to vote on. \o/

I'm hoping the sale at least offers some excitement...

7 years ago

That's why I've included links so you can choose the least worst one based on the trailer? :P
(Like what to nominate for Best use of a farm animal? Goat Simulator? xD)

7 years ago

The Farm animal category seems the least 'hard to vote for' out of them all, so thanks Goat Simulator for that at least! :D But really bad candidates overall, just another AAA popularity contest again like Adelion mentioned. Test of time category is painfully, ridiculously bad in itself. -.- Couldn't be less interested in the awards event now. okay, there's still the miniscule hope the event will let you browse other nominees as well, maybe in addition to some other event activity, which could be slightly more interesting

7 years ago*

Well bummer. It was to be expected that the final list would look this boring. Most people just nominated some bad AAA games or previously hyped games. It is a popularity contest after all -_-

7 years ago

Yeah, well I'm happy to see some indie games like This War of Mine :)

7 years ago

I'm sad that the "Game in most need of a sequel" category isn't up there :(

7 years ago

+1, guess Boom Boom got more votes ;)

7 years ago

I guess Valve just doesn't have a sense of humor, picked the next runner up instead of the most popular one :/

7 years ago

im sad south park didn't get nominated for best use of a farm animal. Nazi cows were hilarious.

7 years ago

I'm looking forward to a price glitch early on.

7 years ago

I have my eyes on certain bundles too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(sadly most of the times when I get to them it is already fixed and only the stories of price glitches remain)

7 years ago

Or the price glitch is for a different region so even if you see it, you can't use it :/

7 years ago

+1. I'm sad that I missed LiS for 1$ at Autumn Sale and don't want to miss more deals like that!

7 years ago

Can't believe "Game in most need of a sequel - for HL2" didnt make it, I saw that EVERYWHERE ^^

7 years ago*

Of course Boom Boom is better? :P

7 years ago

Nice post with good info! I enjoy the sale and the events that take place within them too!

7 years ago

Thanks! ^^

7 years ago

Also, this sale "event" is boring. I miss when they used to give away stuff or have that monster game, etc.

7 years ago

Wow, don't be negative before hand please! Keep on dreaming until reality might kick in tomorrow xD

7 years ago

Still crying when thinking about TWD.

7 years ago

Is there any news of companies like best buy or PayPal doing the deals they've done before where you can get like $100 steam wallet for $85 for the approaching sale?

7 years ago

Only some France referral program from PayPal, besides that I've not yet found any..

7 years ago*

Bummer, thanks

7 years ago

It definitely seems interesting and different enough, I suppose. I hope the event is a little more involved than merely voting for one choice each day. I'm also hoping for another sale event to go along with this one, but I won't hold my breath.

I still miss the days of voting for flash sales. ;_;

7 years ago

I hope so too; my guess is because they want you to vote on only one award at the time, that they will do some good daily sales :)

7 years ago

I'm blissfully hoping for another event alongside the voting, like the ARG event they did or the clicker game, something of that sort.

7 years ago

Yep, same here. I completely understand why they won't do anything like the coal event but those other ones were still more interactive at least, here's hoping!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Terraria is pretty ridiculous. Four-five years is nothing especially with games that get important DLCs and other facelifts years later...

7 years ago

+2 WTFF?

I nominated Master of Orion 2 Now THAT is test of time.

7 years ago

Yeah and so are TF2 and Terarria. I wouldn't consider those old at all... I personally voted for Rome Total War

7 years ago

Yup, can't help but facepalm to that category... I mean... there's not even BEEN time since their releases to test them... Ugh.

7 years ago

The games I voted for awards that are available as nominees now are
Borderlands 2 for Villain Most in Need Of A hug
Fallout 4 for the Just 5 More Minutes
Bioshock Infinite for Whoooaaaaaa, dude!
To the Moon for I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye
Goat Simulator for Best Use Of A Farm Animal

So haha, I got quite a few the same XD

7 years ago

Nice job :) I'm seeing two or three I've voted on if I remember correctly :P (GTA V, Life is Strange, This War of Mine)

7 years ago

Most games and most choices are ridiculous. Examples:
1) Villain Most In Need Of A Hug: Dead By Daylight. Really? How exactly? The massive amount of storyline that this game includes made people think that the villain is in need of a hug? -_-
2) Test of Time. Most of the games in this category are too recent ffs. xD
3) Best Use Of A Farm Animal. Ok, did, the people that vote, understand what the category was asking about? Best use of a farm animal, not just use of a farm animal. Just because Farming Simulator and Stardew Valley have animals, doesn't mean that there was a special use of those animals.
And many more examples!
Also, most of the games are too recent. Do people forget old (but gold) games so easily?
Additionally, some of the games are so bad that, if they were movies, they could only get a golden raspberry award.
But, what did I expect? This looks even worse than MTV awards. xD

7 years ago

By the way, the only good thing is that I agree that the Far Cry 4 villain was in need of a hug. :/

7 years ago

My friend nominated CS:GO for "Best Use of a Farm Animal" cause of all the chickens.
I nominated Portal 2 for "Villain Most in Need of a Hug" so I was happy to see it be a finalist. :)

7 years ago

My friend nominated CS:GO for "Best Use of a Farm Animal" cause of all the chickens.

Well, at least that's a bit better then Farming Simulator... But yeah, it could have been way more creative (like incendiary pigs in Rome Total War)

7 years ago

Well, just because chickens exist there, it doesn't mean the game uses them somehow. xD

7 years ago

Not to agree/disagree with the nomination but they do at least make them themed for the holidays (ex. ugly sweaters right now)

7 years ago

Yeah, maybe has to do with the name choice of the awards and the explanation of them being long. :P
For best use of a farm animal I've chosen Call of Duty: Ghosts, where you can be the dog and kill enemies in story mode, that's as far as it goes regarding using "farm" animals for me xD

7 years ago

Then they shouldn't have voted at all, if they couldn't read a damn description. xD
Well, your choice doesn't sound bad, since you can be the dog, although I don't think that dogs are farm animals. xD
For this category, I chose Bone: The Great Cow Race, because it included cow races and you had to make a cow costume in order to secretly participate too. Have you seen many cows participating in races before? Ain't that the best use of a farm animal? xD

7 years ago

Haha :D Didn't know the game, but indeed a shame it didn't got nominated! As for voting, you got a badge for voting in all categories, so I did - even though I've maybe shouldn't on some categories ;)

7 years ago

All correct arguments.

7 years ago

Thank ya. ;P

7 years ago

good comparison with MTV awards. It looks like shameful awards.

7 years ago

Heh, thank ya, they suck too. xD

7 years ago

Yeah, this just shows again that letting the masses vote without any control is just a bad idea...

7 years ago

Yep, masses can't do anything right. :/

7 years ago

Sad but true...

7 years ago

I keep believing in the Wisdom of the crowd ;)

7 years ago

Well, there is a difference between asking for the opinion of a crowd then letting the crowd decide what will happen. It's definitly good to see what the masses want, but if you just use their opinion without any quality control, this happens...

7 years ago

Hopefully the first Steam Awards will also be the last, cause this is indeed ridicilous.

7 years ago

Test of time

all but one game are 2007 or later

why

7 years ago

My thoughts exactly.

7 years ago

9-10 years is quite old by modern standards and to a good number of people. I imagine for a notable portion of steam users and people on this site are 20 or less, so 50%+ of their life is pretty old.

7 years ago

True and also game-wise. I tried playing GTA Vice City a while back, but looking at the graphics and being spoiled by GTA V, not for long (although listening to GTA Radio Emotion 98.3 FM is still nice ^^).

7 years ago

Yeah, the older GTA's did not get along with time well. San Andreas is still relatively good, but III and Vice City are pretty bad now...

7 years ago

^^

View attached image.
7 years ago

I always listened to VRock. The first time I played it, it was a pleasant surprise to hear Iron Maiden, Megadeth etc on there. :p

Of all the GTA games, Vice City does have the best sound track in my opinion (although the one in San Andreas wasn't bad either, but GTA V's just sucks).

7 years ago

Oh yes, Come On Feel The Noize! xD I agree, only GTA V's Self Radio was a nice addition, mixing your own MP3's with DJ's and commercials (in the age of Spotify maybe also a bit old fashioned :P) Loving YouTube auto-play by the way, mixes to I Wanna Rock, and Poison is up after that!

7 years ago

You can use your MP3s in GTA III, VC and SA already. No need to wait till V for that.
Just not with commercials or DJ's.

7 years ago

Those test of time award nominations are pretty shit
I voted for DOOM.

7 years ago

I voted for PAC-MAN.

7 years ago

Doom II? :P

7 years ago

Either or works.

7 years ago

Yep, I voted for RE4 and felt that I was sorta cheating... and now Skyrim makes it into the list XD

7 years ago

same

7 years ago

I'll laugh if the mystery badge is the long waited Fallout 4 badge xD

7 years ago

Yeah, to bad to see some game developers not using all Steam features. Also missed badges for GTA V (luckily enough it does have achievements).

7 years ago

Skyrim Vanilla has badges, remaster doesn't, so idk crazy stuff \o/

7 years ago

Yeah, I was kind of sad when I found out that Total War: Warhammer didn't have them (while some previous titles did). There is so much potential for amazing card and background art...

7 years ago

lovely to see viridi there, though for the same category i would've voted for their previous game, eidolon.
edit: in fact, i did.

7 years ago

In general nice to see some free games (or free to play) in there :)

7 years ago

The nominations they went with are even more depressingly uninspired and misplaced than I expected them to be. -.-

7 years ago

I'm going to guess it was by popular vote so I guess we only have our peers to blame.

Like others i think I'm most offended by "Test of Time"

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by Reforced.