In the past weeks, DIG removed all purchased keys from several accounts without any prior notice. Those who requested a spreadsheet of their purchases reported that their request was answered with extreme unprofessionalism and trolling.

A public example of this situation is:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/bartervg/discussions/0/3273562123578786379/

Another user looking for missing keys received a csv file containing hundreds of purchased keys, but without any names. Upon asking again for a full file, they were told their account was deleted:
https://imgur.com/a/tnb4dqi

This is one of the many shady activities in which DIG constantly engages, apart from bundling and reselling keys without the developers' permission. Because of that, I was never comfortable with maintaining DIG threads, but I kept doing so for consistency purposes and for those few people still interested in purchasing these bundles.

However, considering the recent events and that I already spent over 130h of my free time on creating and maintaining DIG threads during the past years (800 bundles x ~10 minutes each, plus several other bundle threads from before the Weekly series started), I decided to stop allocating my time to inform people about a business that ultimately treats their customers so poorly.

Therefore, starting with DIG Weekly Bundle 800 I will not open or maintain any DIG related threads. Feel free to continue this work if you want to support this suspicious business.

The DIG owner is fairly active on SteamGifts as well and he could do this whole work himself, if he really wants to, just like he used to open threads for his bundles a few years ago.

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Yeah, dont waste your time. Im suprised people are still buying.

2 years ago

People will buy literally anything.

2 years ago

I appreciate the support!

2 years ago

do people buy them if i need cheep keys i go to steamgrounds - never had a problem there and so helpful as well

2 years ago

Steamgrounds is indeed cheaper (and other similar Russian sites) but unfortunately they don't have everything that DIG bundles. Plus, there are some (few) developer keys in their bundles too, and those are not sold anywhere else.

2 years ago

well i haven't had any problems but i guess you get what you pay for - unless problems include getting these games which can't be given away here on SG

2 years ago

ive said it before, i dont know why this bundle site is promoted here to begin with

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

I've never considered any bundle threads as "promotion", but I san see why they can be seen as such.
For me, DIG threads were maintained only for consistencies purposes (since pretty much everything else that is not a store deal and has Steam keys is also listed in the Deals forum).

2 years ago

lil' late, here sorry Lilly

For me, DIG threads were maintained only for consistencies purposes

this. i know we're talking about small numbers, but those were handy, useful threads, nonetheless. just like Fanatical Mystery ones.
i was browsing barter site and you know what? i returned to DIG and found plenty of interesting/trash stuff. topped up the account after years, and bought a bundle or two.

i know i'm asking a lot, but if it's not much of an hassle for you, i'd be happy to see DIG threads again. site would benefit in consistency, i'd profit 'cause i'm a dirty lazy :P

<3

10 months ago

Nice.

2 years ago

🙃

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

Thanks for the support!

2 years ago

+1

2 years ago

420 + 311 + 69 = 800
dig it

View attached image.
2 years ago

Not really convinced with the first link though, who knows if he did have kilmonger on there or not, 1 word against the other.

2 years ago

Perhaps the first link alone is not enough proof, but there have been so many other reports of shady practices (during the past years), for example when they stole basically all your market listings and restricted the market to products purchased from they website only). There's a lot of history there, but this specific thing was simply the last drop for me.

2 years ago

I think you dont have to show any proof...
its your decision, thats all...
enjoy you new free Time!!

1 year ago

Good, you deserve your free time spent on those topics, more than DIG deserves any publicity. Their backlog of questionable practice goes back years.

2 years ago

If I had those 130h back, what games would I have played in those hours, I wonder...

2 years ago

FINALLY!
I wholeheartedly support your decision :)

2 years ago

Thank you! 💜

2 years ago

Good, I stopped supporting that clown company ages ago. I'd bet they pocket the money from the Ukraine bundle too.

2 years ago

I was wondering about that too, but it's not something anyone can prove or disprove. They don't even mention any charity towards these funds are supposedly going, so...

2 years ago

Good.

2 years ago

I really hope it is.

2 years ago

Good for you, Lilly =)

2 years ago

Hehe, for me yes. For those that are still interested in buying these, probably not that much... 😳

2 years ago

Good. They don't deserve your time and effort.

2 years ago

I appreciate the support!

2 years ago

That's actually very good news! Maybe DIG won't sell as much now that you won't create any more threads for that crappy site... DIG/Exo-dude(forgot his name) aren't worth your time.

2 years ago

Exosyphen

2 years ago

Based on the poll results from the DIG threads, I don't think that they have a big influence on DIG sales. Usually there's only 3-4 people choosing the positive poll options, so the interest could be quite minimal.

2 years ago

I wonder why people ever buy such crаp - for giveaway purposes only? That's the worst bundle website

2 years ago

i have bout from steamgrounds before (not promoting them) they sell most of the same keys and a lot of my cheaper giveaways came from there - don't know how legit they are but only once had a problem with a key and i find them much easier and more pleasant to deal with in general - and for giveaways a way better deal than dig ever was

2 years ago

I think that mostly collectors are the ones attracted to these bundles. For people who aim to have all the games on Steam in their library, some of these bundles are quite a good deal (lower prices than on the Steam market - of course, also depending on the Steam account region / currency).

2 years ago

Reasonable decision, thanks for all your efforts, Lilly! Will barter still list them?

2 years ago

Yes, people need a way to tag their tradables properly so I will continue adding them to Barter.

2 years ago

Thanks!

2 years ago

Well, Robert Muresan is a douchebag, so none of this is any surprise.

2 years ago

I've had nothing but positive interactions with the owner of dig, whether it was to replace already used keys or to help me transfer stuff to a new account. It's unfortunate that others have had bad experiences with the site or with support in general.

2 years ago

I've never had any issues with the website and will continue to use them. I don't know many other sites where you can get 3c games.

2 years ago

Russian shops. Almost everything on DIG comes from Russian shops, and DIG resells them at ~3 times the price through his bundles.
However, with the Ukraine war and Russian payments blocked, it's almost impossible to get any games from there now, unless a friend from Russia helps you with that.

2 years ago

Ah I still use some Russian key sites, haven't found any for 1c a game though.

2 years ago

Never had any issues myself personally, but I can understand people's opinion of the site and it's somewhat shady looking deals from time to time. I haven't used them in years though due to their bundles being utter shite. 3c games? They're not even worth that in a lot of cases.

2 years ago

Since bundle 806 came out my account page on DIG has been completely blank, nothing loads. Including the keys from that bundle. Does anyone know a way to get around this? (Thankfully I've kept all my past keys separately and my DIG balance is now almost empty.)

1 year ago*

Is it just the key section that is empty or the whole page fails to load? (do you see the account header and discount / marketplace / giveaways links?
Perhaps the owner just deleted all your keys, like it happened to many others?

1 year ago

The header loads but nothing below that, such as the marketplace and topup links and the filter selections. I noticed a few errors in the browser console, but not sure if they've always been there or not. I thought it was a temporary issue at first, but it still hasn't been fixed and then I saw this thread about even more shady practices.

1 year ago

try: clear cookies, incognito mode, or different browser

1 year ago

I forgot about clearing cookies, for whatever reason that fixed it. Thank you!

Edit: worked once, after I marked one key as used nothing will bring the page back again. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

1 year ago*

Your precious time and effort is better used on almost any other bundle so this is not a loss. And let me take this opportunity to thank you for your tireless and meticulous work on these threads. It is very much appreciated.

1 year ago

I had quite a few keys disappear from my account on DIG as well. I wasn't too worried about it though. I mainly bought keys for individual games that were in a bundle somewhere else. That seems to have stopped doing that as much so I really haven't bought much recently. I did buy a lot more when they allowed people to sell their own keys there.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.