March 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ March 30th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† April 6th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

XCOM: Chimera Squad

ELEX

• A single region lock shared between LATAM/RU/CN/IN/TR: {sub/200962}
  • KR should receive a ROW key, even if a region-locked package exists <- needs confirmation
  • Everyone else - ROW key: {sub/81995/}

WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS

Wildfire

Ageless

Control Standard Edition is a region-free key for everyone!

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (ROW version)

Notes:

Humble Choice Premium or Classic customers will have access to the entire lineup.

You can select between Steam and Epic for the Control key (also valid for the gift link).

Control is the standard edition (does not include the DLCs and they are needed for 100% achievements).

Important info on how to create giveaways for Control:
Both the base game and the new package containing the DLCs are called "Ultimate Edition".
If you have a key from this bundle, use the search "870780" when creating a giveaway (or "Control Ultimate Edition", but from the list pick the entry with app/870780 and a *)
If you have a key from Keysora (or somewhere else) and you know that the key includes the DLCs, then search for "Control Ultimate Edition" when creating a giveaway, but from the list pick the entry with sub/275147, without an * and the image is missing) <- was temporarily (?) removed.

There is no upgrade path to WWE 2K Battlegrounds Digital Deluxe (exclusive (?) costumes for three characters; the characters you otherwise unlock through gameplay).

The bundle contents were officially announced 1 week in advance.

ย 

Free DLCs to claim:

!addlicense ASF 322441,453219

IMPORTANT!!!!

If you already own Control Ultimate Ediition with DLCs included ({sub/275147/} (Store sub) or {sub/485381} (Control Retail (ROW)) you will still be able to activate the key received from this bundle {sub/543422/)} on top of that (wasting it in the process) because it contains one depot {depot/870782/} that is not present in the store / retail subs for the Ultimate edition.

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Control Standard Edition 91% of 12331 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/870780 W 0 $29.99
XCOM: Chimera Squad 73% of 15549 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/882100 W 0 $19.99
ELEX 72% of 8661 โค ๐Ÿ† 7.50 CV app/411300 W 0* $49.99
Kingdom Two Crowns 88% of 5871 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/701160 W M L 1 $19.99
WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS 69% of 271 - ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/1142100 W 0 $39.99
Hotshot Racing 80% of 460 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/609920 W 0 $19.99
Peaky Blinders: Mastermind 77% of 275 - ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/1013310 W 1 $24.99
Cyber Hook 97% of 273 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1130410 W 1 $14.99
Pesterquest 94% of 854 - - 1.80 CV app/1144030 W M L 1 $11.99
Wildfire 84% of 191 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/431940 W 0 $14.99
Boreal Blade 80% of 213 - - 0.60 CV app/598780 W 0 $3.99
Ageless 68% of 19 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1210150 W 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $265.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Ruin Raiders - Unknown Menace

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Controllercoaster is coming to an end! After the surprise rise & fall of Keysora's deal for 3โ‚ฌ/5โ‚ฌ, Humble steps into the ring to get you the Non-Ultimate Edition of Control Ultimate Edition, added to Steam only a day before the bundle launch.

View Results
[Recurring subscription, Steam] ๐•ฎrazy lineup this month, I wouldnโ€™t miss it for the world!
[Recurring subscription, Epic] ๐•บh, I finally have an excuse to use my Epic account. Take that, Valve!
[New subscription, Steam] ๐•นo way on Earth I could resist this selection!
[New subscription, Epic] ๐•ฟired of Steam's buggy software and regular drama? Come to the Epic side. No Sinking Cities sold there at the moment.
[Maybe subscribe] ๐•ฝeally unsure about this one, should I get it for the Control base game and buy the DLCs separately at a later date?
[Pause / Backlog] ๐•บnce again, I feel forced to pause. I expected more from IGN.
[Cancelling / will not buy] ๐•ทame, lame, so lame! Each month is worse than the previous one. Maybe Fandom should buy IGN.

I'd be very happy with this bundle anyway, but for just 5.2โ‚ฌ it's a pretty insane deal.

3 years ago

+1
Pretty much every HB choice so far (since the 6$/6 months deal) was 100% worth it, even if you didn't really like the games.

3 years ago

No coupon but got 2$ off, activated 7 games.Zero complaints, really :)

3 years ago

Hm. Having Control and Elex for longer time already. Looks like my next whitelist giveaways

3 years ago

Why people are so salty over Control?
How much content does the dlc add anyway?

3 years ago

Because... People get salty for everything and for nothing! :) it's the internet... People just like to complain for stuff!

3 years ago

At least the "The Foundation" DLC should be in the game it's starting directly after you finished the last mission and offers more explanation about the story. Also you get more abilities that you can use already in the maingame...

The AWE DLC is a must for remedy-fans because it connects the worlds.

Over all, i am happy that I got the "Ultimate Edition" on PS-Plus. Loved the game

3 years ago

The AWE DLC is a must for remedy-fans because it connects the worlds.

Would you kindly explain this to somebody who has no idea who or what remedy is and which worlds are connected? As for being such a person, am I good without this DLC then?

3 years ago

If you like Control you will def. enjoy also the DLC.
If you played other remedy before (and enjoyed it) you will love the DLC.

Remedy is the developer of Alan Wake, Max Payne, Quantum Break and Control :)

3 years ago

AWE DLC has some clear easter eggs regarding Alan Wake, suggesting that they share the same universe

3 years ago

Thanks, x. MAH just filled me in about the whole matter via Steam chat, I'm all set now.

Summary: both DLCs are good, Foundation should have been in the game all along, AWE should be played after playing Alan Wake, but it's enough to get them after finishing the base game and only necessary if you liked it.

3 years ago

Missing from summary: achievement completion requires DLC ownership.

3 years ago

Thanks, will prob get them during the Black Friday / Christmas / Lunar sale

3 years ago

I played Alan Wake after I finished the AWE DLC.
Alan Wake is an excellent game.

3 years ago

true

3 years ago

It's not so much the DLC as it is the publishers creating an inferior version on purpose for the bundle.

3 years ago

^ this. But also it's the fact, that publisher released ultimate edition in order to f over people who bought original Control (main game) during or shortly after its release hoping they'll buy the same game again, and now is doing the same (in reverse) in hope of getting some people to pay extra to get full game.
The base version of game was introduced on Steam basically in tandem with this bundle, so it was deliberate action by publisher to go out of their way and add base game to Steam.

Story of Control on consoles in video (by Jim Sterling):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsvUGzaKuAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJC8MoGlEk

3 years ago

IIRC:
There is a new gun type.
Two skills only useful for one of the DLCs.
A few useful parts that only can get once.

3 years ago

The headliners really make this bundle worthwhile, but I realize that the rest is really not much to write home about.

3 years ago

It's probably the best bundle in a while. But unfortunately, I already own Control and ELEX, making this bundle not exactly worth it for me. So it's a Skip for me, but I sincerely hope that future bundles will have a similar quality.

3 years ago

It's not really a great bundle though. It does have 2 maybe 3 big games but the rest is lower in quality and prices than the average bundle to offset the cost so if you own or are not interested in the big ones, you're left with rebundles, average ratings and throwaway multiplayer/visual novels with no great value.

3 years ago

Yeah not the best thing with Control Ultimate to Standard.
But come on 0.50 - 1โ‚ฌ after the split for it is nothing. :D :D :D

3 years ago

Ageless (RU/CIS) - https://steamdb.info/sub/483341

3 years ago

"You can select between Steam and Epic for the Control key (also valid for the gift link)."
But, the gifter cannot choose between Steam or Epic, you choose which one, then you can send the gift.

And cannot activate Hotshot Racing because already have it, it is activated as "Racing Apex for Beta Testing" on 10 sep 2020 :lol: Beta testing but owning full game.

3 years ago

You can try to delete it or contact Steam support to remove the beta.

3 years ago

So your beta key is the full game, what's wrong with that?
Unless they revoke the key in a year or three, you have no disadvantage, and no reason to replace it.

3 years ago

Well meh. Already own Elex so that's a big chunk off the interest column righ there and getting screwed on the Control edition switcharoo and the WWE 2K battlegrounds dlc heist does nothing to improve the meh feeling.
Happy about Hotshot Racing but it doesn't really take the sting off the editions waltz, average reviews, multiplayer and rebundles.

3 years ago

Was my bad with WWE Battlegrounds, you're not missing out on anything relevant. At most costumes for three characters (and some ingame currency). The characters you get via gameplay.

3 years ago

That's good to know Luckz and blah everyone gets something wrong from time to time. You guys make it a breathe to navigate bundles ;)

3 years ago

But what's this Run lock that's popping up for some keys?

3 years ago

The game can run only in the countries from that region.
So if you travel (even temporarily) to a country outside of that region, you won't be able to play it.

3 years ago

That's quite a hard restriction! Is it even legit?
Thank you for the promp answer! :D

3 years ago

The lock is in practice only active for the first three months after you redeem your key. It was one of the systems Valve created against cross-region game purchases, getting cheap retail keys from third world countries, etc. You could VPN-activate such a key, but not play them in a higher-priced country (for three months).

Now that you cannot activate keys anymore that don't match your account region, it's really an obsolete system.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Mmm, understood. Good to know that it's only 3 months. Thank you! :)

3 years ago

Damnit. Now I clicked on Epic instead of Steam by accident frigging touchscreen on tablet and too close together buttons and there's nothing to change the decision. it says claimed and that's it. damn.

3 years ago

rip

3 years ago

happy cakeday :)

3 years ago

!sknahT

3 years ago

You can try reaching out to support and see if they help since you haven't redeemed it.

3 years ago

it isn't the ultimate edition anyway, you didn't lose anything.

3 years ago

You can play it on Epic. It didn't occur to you?

3 years ago

If you didn't touch the key, HB Support likely can help you.

3 years ago

Think I'm pausing this time. The only titles I'm really interested in from this are indiegala tier bundle games.
Too bad about Control. Even though I don't care about DLCs that might've sold me on this one.

3 years ago

Got the 4 bucks off coupon after trying to pause, might as well go for it. Not overly excited but certainly not the worst one.

3 years ago

You know what masterful move Epic could do? Offering a free upgrade to Ultimate Edition to every Control owner.

3 years ago

Region locks everywhere

oof.

3 years ago

Hrm, I already own Control Ultimate Edition, but I'm certain I know someone who would appreciate the base game. I've always wanted to try Elex, and this is a good opportunity, what with all the other games included.

Thank you for the thread and chart and all the stuff.

3 years ago

Dang, I'm annoyed about Control being Standard only. Considering the ultimate edition dips to 20$ if I have to buy the season pass 15$, unless that goes on sale, I'd only be 'saving' 5$, which were spent getting this bundle.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

It dips lower than that. It regularly goes for $16. So you'd only be saving $1 if the DLC is never discounted. I'm not sure how they're gonna discount the DLCs if at all since it seems like they created the standard edition for this bundle..

3 years ago

How do we make a giveaway for Control? I see two different versions of Ultimate Edition and the two DLCs but nothing for standard edition.

3 years ago

Both options have sub links included (and 1 already has "bundled" red * mark):

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Wont be buying it (only want Wildfire), but thanks for the chart. :)

3 years ago

Control is on wishlist so I'd be tempted for this one, but unsure if it'd be worth to get right now without the necessary DLC... Really a big shame they pulled this move with 'standard' only. I don't think you can even buy the DLC (separately) from anywhere but Steam so that'd be such a long time wait for any sale on them.

3 years ago

The DLCs are very good.
Steam sold the DLCs or Season Pass separately now.

3 years ago

Yeah I know the DLCs are sold separately on Steam, I just meant that it'll be long wait until they'll be on good enough sale to grab in addition to this bundle.

3 years ago

So, I'm new to HB and started redeeming the games I'm definitely gonna play. Should I unlink my Steam account if I plan to gift away unwanted HB games or do I just need to unlock and use the key?

3 years ago

Just claim the keys, write them in a spreadsheet or something (and mark which you used and which you want to trade or give away, so you don't get confused later on).
Don't use their 'gift link' feature especially if you plan on trading the games, if the recipient does nefarious things with your key it can be tracked back to you and Humble have pretty random and excessive punishments for that.

3 years ago

And there is no issue with my account being linked so long as I giveaway/trade keys, right? They don't have any sort of checking to make sure redeemed keys go to a linked account or anything

3 years ago

No, linking your account is more like a security measure to deter make several Humble accounts to get around purchase limitations, since you'd also (for some actions) need several Steam accounts. For example you need a Steam account linked to get giveaway keys, plus a newsletter subscription.

And of course linking Ubisoft, Battle Net or Epic accounts might be necessary to redeem games for those platforms.

3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks a bunch for all the help! <3

3 years ago

It is Friday already? My clock is broken..

3 years ago

They changed it from Friday to Tuesday starting with this bundle.
The autocharge date was also moved from Friday one week before the bundle release to Tuesday one week before the bundle release.

3 years ago

Bought it, but really disappointed that the "Control Ultimate Edition" isn't actually the ultimate edition in anything but name on steam. You still need to buy the 2 dlc packs for it to actually be the "Ultimate Edition" as found on other storefronts.

Already owned ELEX, which is a great game, but was also interested in the XCOM game and Wildfire, so it's still a good enough bundle for $12. Just a little disappointing regarding the naming of Control, as I already have it for the playstation..

3 years ago

Bought it, but really disappointed that the "Control Ultimate Edition" isn't actually the ultimate edition

There are enough warnings about this in the thread above though, right? I mean, you bought it knowing this, yes?

I'm not even going to redeem the Control key, I'd probably have to replace it with an Ultimate some day and waste the earlier one.

3 years ago

There are enough warnings about this in the thread above though, right? I mean, you bought it knowing this, yes?

Didn't check this before buying it. Why would I? I had not forseen this level of shenanigans..

3 years ago

it says "standard edition" on humble bundle

3 years ago

Did it always? I just went with what it says in the library on steam.

3 years ago

Bundle is now listed on ITAD: https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/9795/

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.