March 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ March 30th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† April 6th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

XCOM: Chimera Squad

ELEX

• A single region lock shared between LATAM/RU/CN/IN/TR: {sub/200962}
  • KR should receive a ROW key, even if a region-locked package exists <- needs confirmation
  • Everyone else - ROW key: {sub/81995/}

WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS

Wildfire

Ageless

Control Standard Edition is a region-free key for everyone!

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs (ROW version)

Notes:

Humble Choice Premium or Classic customers will have access to the entire lineup.

You can select between Steam and Epic for the Control key (also valid for the gift link).

Control is the standard edition (does not include the DLCs and they are needed for 100% achievements).

Important info on how to create giveaways for Control:
Both the base game and the new package containing the DLCs are called "Ultimate Edition".
If you have a key from this bundle, use the search "870780" when creating a giveaway (or "Control Ultimate Edition", but from the list pick the entry with app/870780 and a *)
If you have a key from Keysora (or somewhere else) and you know that the key includes the DLCs, then search for "Control Ultimate Edition" when creating a giveaway, but from the list pick the entry with sub/275147, without an * and the image is missing) <- was temporarily (?) removed.

There is no upgrade path to WWE 2K Battlegrounds Digital Deluxe (exclusive (?) costumes for three characters; the characters you otherwise unlock through gameplay).

The bundle contents were officially announced 1 week in advance.

ย 

Free DLCs to claim:

!addlicense ASF 322441,453219

IMPORTANT!!!!

If you already own Control Ultimate Ediition with DLCs included ({sub/275147/} (Store sub) or {sub/485381} (Control Retail (ROW)) you will still be able to activate the key received from this bundle {sub/543422/)} on top of that (wasting it in the process) because it contains one depot {depot/870782/} that is not present in the store / retail subs for the Ultimate edition.

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Control Standard Edition 91% of 12331 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/870780 W 0 $29.99
XCOM: Chimera Squad 73% of 15549 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/882100 W 0 $19.99
ELEX 72% of 8661 โค ๐Ÿ† 7.50 CV app/411300 W 0* $49.99
Kingdom Two Crowns 88% of 5871 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/701160 W M L 1 $19.99
WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS 69% of 271 - ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/1142100 W 0 $39.99
Hotshot Racing 80% of 460 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/609920 W 0 $19.99
Peaky Blinders: Mastermind 77% of 275 - ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/1013310 W 1 $24.99
Cyber Hook 97% of 273 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1130410 W 1 $14.99
Pesterquest 94% of 854 - - 1.80 CV app/1144030 W M L 1 $11.99
Wildfire 84% of 191 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/431940 W 0 $14.99
Boreal Blade 80% of 213 - - 0.60 CV app/598780 W 0 $3.99
Ageless 68% of 19 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1210150 W 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $265.88

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: Ruin Raiders - Unknown Menace

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Controllercoaster is coming to an end! After the surprise rise & fall of Keysora's deal for 3โ‚ฌ/5โ‚ฌ, Humble steps into the ring to get you the Non-Ultimate Edition of Control Ultimate Edition, added to Steam only a day before the bundle launch.

View Results
[Recurring subscription, Steam] ๐•ฎrazy lineup this month, I wouldnโ€™t miss it for the world!
[Recurring subscription, Epic] ๐•บh, I finally have an excuse to use my Epic account. Take that, Valve!
[New subscription, Steam] ๐•นo way on Earth I could resist this selection!
[New subscription, Epic] ๐•ฟired of Steam's buggy software and regular drama? Come to the Epic side. No Sinking Cities sold there at the moment.
[Maybe subscribe] ๐•ฝeally unsure about this one, should I get it for the Control base game and buy the DLCs separately at a later date?
[Pause / Backlog] ๐•บnce again, I feel forced to pause. I expected more from IGN.
[Cancelling / will not buy] ๐•ทame, lame, so lame! Each month is worse than the previous one. Maybe Fandom should buy IGN.

sure, I'm willing to spend my prepaid month...

3 years ago

When you know the lineup beforehand, the bundle thread can be up in a min. โœ…

The Keysora Control popcorn is here: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/psNap/control-ultimate-edition-for-499-at-keysora-ended-now-799

3 years ago*

Stay awesome you two! ๐Ÿ’™

3 years ago

"NOTE: When redeeming Control via Steam key, users may see Control Ultimate Edition in their Steam library and during installation. Please disregard the Ultimate Edition title as the Steam key will only grant Control Standard Edition. For more information, please visit: https://support.505games.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005474899 "

3 years ago

I would say itโ€™s awful. But I will not say this because everyone knows it.

3 years ago

Arrrrr. Nice 505 =\

3 years ago

So how much is the Ultimate Edition upgrade?

3 years ago

I believe it's the Season Pass, which in the US is US$14.99.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Hahaha what a bunch of assholes.
EDIT

I just realized this probably means 500+ new support tickets. Fuck me.

3 years ago*

Can't imagine a better time to not be part of SG support staff

3 years ago

Shouldnt two separate choices be possible?

Standard
Ultimate

3 years ago

Yep, but 505 half-assed it.

3 years ago

The problem on sgs part is actually fixed

Now the publisher just have to change store name to minimalize confusiion.

3 years ago

rip

Good luck!

3 years ago

The March bundle keeps on giving (suffering).

3 years ago

Lobby cg to let you edit the game name? :)

3 years ago

Curious. Did it create more tickets?

3 years ago

A bunch of them, yes. But the worst is over now.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

๐•ฎ๐•บ๐•น๐•ฟ๐•ฝ๐•บ๐•ท

Bump for ?solved?

3 years ago

Haha, nicely done! Hadn't noticed.
Your prize: nothing

3 years ago

lol - well done by sensualshakti - that's what happens when she has too much time to compile the list :D
And well spotted seNs :)

3 years ago

I see patterns everywhere

View attached image.
3 years ago

In this case, totally legit - but hopefully not a sufferer of apophenia, lol.

Apophenia noun
apยทโ€‹oยทโ€‹pheยทโ€‹nia | \ หŒa-pษ™-หˆfฤ“-nฤ“-ษ™ \
Definition of apophenia
: the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)
What psychologists call apopheniaโ€”the human tendency to see connections and patterns that are not really thereโ€”gives rise to conspiracy theories.

3 years ago

"Not CONSPIRACIES--CONSPIRACY, singular." (If Q has apophenia, how bad could it really be?)

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

No.

3 years ago

Yeah I saw it, few seconds later. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((

3 years ago

How it appears on Licences page ? Still haven't activated mine.

3 years ago

Just says "Control" and "retail".

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

For those who may be hesitant, even without the DLC Control is a really good game!

3 years ago

Note that you also need to have the DLCs to 100% the achievements, so if you care about it, you'll either have to buy the DLC somehow or don't get the game at all.

3 years ago

Sure. But I like to buy a game in the same transaction as all its DLC. So I'll skip taking Control here and wait until I can buy the complete game at a good deal.

Though there are a few other titles that interest me, so I might end up grabbing this month for them.

3 years ago

where is my fking DLC 505?

3 years ago

it says right on humble choices page. standard edition. its not that hard people.

3 years ago

Happy cake day!

3 years ago

thx

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Happy cakeday. I wish you Control DLC.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Happy cakeday!

3 years ago

thx everyone

3 years ago

At first I thought it was Control Ultimate Edition which would make this a certain purchase, but since it's Standard Edition only I'll have to think about it. The only other game in the bundle I'm kinda interested in is Elex but that's not wishlist tier either.

3 years ago

Ageless key says "Not available: Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been canceled." even though IT IS available to purchase in my country. Did anyone else have the same error?

3 years ago

Yeah, it's probably region locked for Turkey.

3 years ago

Some publishers like to give the wrong key to Turkish customers. Contact Humble Support and explain that they should give you ROW keys or something. Then they'll likely swap the keys out for all Turkish buyers in a few days.

3 years ago

Yeah, Ageless steam key can't be redeemed in Turkey. No wonder they messed up again with so many region locks in one bundle.

3 years ago

so, you can choose between epic and steam keys or you get both?

3 years ago

You can choose only one (both Standard Edition)

3 years ago

thanks

3 years ago

Missed opportunity for Epic Games to slide in and give the ultimate edition if you pick the EGS version.

3 years ago

I think that would have caused a riot, lol.

3 years ago

Idk if this legal, but should be outstanding move

3 years ago

Scenario: next Thursday EGS offers the Control season pass for free, in addition to the usual game. That would be funny XD

3 years ago

Here's my question: when will it get to the point where Steam feels obliged to respond in kind? Epic is over there handing out freebies and crazy discounts like there's no tomorrow. And I daydream about competition for market share raising all (consumer) boats. But Steam seems unphased. If they are answering Epic's cash-mad antics, I haven't detected it.

(Which is not to say Steam needs to answer. After all, they've had a shopping cart this whole time...)

3 years ago*

Which is not to say Steam needs to answer

I believe the crux of the matter is in what you said yourself. Steam already has functional shop with huge number of active users and/or customers. Giving away lots of games for free is a money sink - and move exactly as desperate as you are required to make to actually get some customers to look at you when you are so below Steam in every possible comparison. Steam doesn't need to throw money away exactly because it is superior - EGS needs to because otherwise they lose in every way to Steam.
So to answer your question: probably never, and certainly not anytime soon.

3 years ago

You're probably right. I do think Steam might be drawn into some kind of response well before their business is seriously imperiled. They wouldn't want to lose market share even if the loss is ultimately minor. But, given that, what we've seen implies that any losses they have seen have been pretty trivial. My daydream lies in ruins.

I had initially envisioned Epic being a more plausible threat. It's genuinely hard to believe how little they've implemented in over two years. Trying to be a comparable service to Steam aside, they aren't even a fully-implemented e-shop. It's a bit baffling. I'd be curious to know how they're doing at attracting users.

3 years ago

Well, I might just scratch that curiosity itch:
EGS: 160 milion total accounts, ~30 milion daily active users (biggest I've found) - Steam: 1 bilion (American one) total accounts, peak at around 60 milion daily active.users (biggest I've found)
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/epic-games-store-weekly-free-pc-games-will-continue-in-2021-as-the-store-hits-new-heights/1100-6486843/
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-14-steam-has-over-120m-monthly-active-users
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/steam-one-billion-accounts-1203201159/

Frankly, I can't comprehend why Epic is so slow at implementing "new" features as well.

3 years ago

Thanks for all the information! I'll paw through that this evening.

3 years ago

Valve has already been responding to EGS, it's just been more subtle. The whole Points Shop addition for example, with all of the extra customization options for your Steam profile. You can get extra showcases or upgrade current ones, animated avatars, frames, backgrounds and mini-backgrounds. No to mention the awards system for user-created content. It's as if Valve looked at the EGS storefront and said "You don't even have a shopping cart.", then proceeded to augment its already feature-complete platform. So essentially it seems like the attitude is that the customer has the choice to get free software and reside in a barren wasteland that's purportedly vast yet as shallow as a puddle, or they can continue to engage in a more substantial platform where all of their friends and communities are already situated. When one is secure, their attitude tends to be more to live and let live...and when one is insecure, they tend to overcompensate to varying degrees directly dependent on their level of insecurity. You can't buy loyalty, it needs to be earned. I think Valve understand this, whereas that other platform clearly does not. As @sallachim very intuitively stated, it's very much "a money sink".

3 years ago*

That's an interesting take on recent Valve role-outs. I suppose, from that point of view, any QOL improvements to Steam would be a kind of response.

3 years ago

They kinda fixed streaming last few weeks. From end of 2014 (Steam Broadcast beta launch) to start of 2021 they couldnt even be bothered to put an X icon on straming windows, streams started from the clients literally could not be closed, the in client html engine either took away resources and paused the stream or didnt.

3 years ago

Epic aren't the ones giving the keys though in this instance.

3 years ago

Pausing again this month. There aren't many games that interest me and i'd rather cycle my seemingly-infinite backlog first.

3 years ago

Paused. Maybe the ultimate edition would have changed my mind .. Or not

3 years ago

Insta buy from me ^_^

3 years ago

lol, the ole "try to pause to get the discount" isn't working this month, which makes sense as they know it's good

3 years ago

It's working. I got $4 off.

3 years ago

And they only offer me 2$ every few months... but I guess it's still money saved, so there's that :)

3 years ago

I still paused anyway though, hahah. Now i wonder what's the maximum amount of discount that you can get from this method ;)

3 years ago

same here, got $4 off!

3 years ago

Congrats! Have fun with the games :)

3 years ago

Ooh, tempting but I'm afraid if I attempt to pause too much they'll figure out that I'm coupon fishing and ban me from coupon offers, as I did that twice for the past 2 months, lol

So I'm gonna save my coupon fishing for choice bundles I'm legit unsure of like the prior 2.

3 years ago

Perhaps you should just have three Classic subs and take turns on which you fish. Or, you know, one of those even cheaper $8 / $6 plans. The $8-ish offer at least allowed pausing. The $6 prolly didn't.

3 years ago

Oh if only I had 2 classic subs going...

You are right - The $6 offer does get cancelled upon pausing.

3 years ago

It's personalized/"random"

3 years ago

Not really. I got it. Probably because I paused the last 3 months

3 years ago

I try this every month and it only works if I skip (pause and dont get the bundle) for at least one month. If I recall correctly: skipping one month gives you 4 dls off coupon if you try to skip again, then the next month 2 dls off if you try to skip, and by third no coupon at all, you would need to skip another month for real to reset the counter.

3 years ago

I will probably pause again this month since Cyber Hook is the only one wishlisted for me and I already own Control on PS5.

3 years ago

If you still don't have Cyber Hook yet, add me on Steam

3 years ago

Activated Ageless (South America).

3 years ago

subID?

3 years ago

3 years ago

Easy yes

3 years ago

This is a solid bundle, but I'm really only interested in Elex. Maybe? I've read that a melee build is not recommended and this is usually how I go in (a)RPGs... I'm wondering if I would find the game too frustrating? Huh, I'll check gameplay videos and more reviews. :o/

3 years ago

Subs:

Name SubID
Control https://steamdb.info/sub/543422/
XCOM: Chimera Squad https://steamdb.info/sub/280164
ELEX https://steamdb.info/sub/81995
Kingdom Two Crowns https://steamdb.info/sub/202041
WWE 2K Battlegrounds (WW) https://steamdb.info/sub/489194
Hotshot Racing - Retail - Digital (WW) https://steamdb.info/sub/536596
Peaky Blinders: Mastermind - Retail - Digital (WW) https://steamdb.info/sub/536650
Cyber Hook https://steamdb.info/sub/384182
Homestuck Pesterquest https://steamdb.info/sub/389406
Wildfire https://steamdb.info/sub/89777
Boreal Blade https://steamdb.info/sub/157192
Ageless https://steamdb.info/sub/418242
3 years ago*

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Bundle purchase & activation from US gave me this Control sub: https://steamdb.info/sub/543422/

Name displayed on activation & in my license list was "Control", not "Control Ultimate Edition" as others report. I wonder if the sub's app name ("Control Ultimate Edition") gets displayed when activating via Steam Client?

3 years ago

When activating a key, the sub's name is displayed.
The app name is still Ultimate Edition, but the sub name is "Control", so it activates as "Control".

3 years ago

yes only the base game :(

3 years ago

Others probably report the app & store name because that's the way the publisher has it set to appear in the library.

3 years ago

Out of curiosity: what does anybody need those subs for actually?

3 years ago

For many things: region locks, content, depots and basically tracking everything you can about the item.

Some examples:

1. Two different subs (bundled in 2 different bundles) can both contain only one item - the app id, but different depots. This means that you could activate the second key on top of the first one, thus wasting it in the process (the contents of the package are different, so you can activate both). This happens often with Paradox apps, they like to add all sorts of things that don't do anything just because they find it funny.
  2. Sub S1 contains an app and is delivered in bundle B1. Later in the year, the devs decide to release a DLC. They update the store sub S2 (what you get from purchasing the item from the Steam store) and include the DLC in that package. And they forget that S1 was delivered at some point in the bundle so they don't add the DLC to it. Now they decide to rebundle their game once again and they generate keys for S2 this time. As a result, "old" keys (S1) don't have the DLC, while new ones (S2) do. The best thing is when Fanatical has a mixed pool of S1 and S2 - you never know what you're gonna get. This happened a lot with Syberia 3 subs in previous bundles.
  3. Region locks, actual apps included (is it the Deluxe Edition? is it the Standard edition? etc) have an impact on trades, giveaways and how items are listed on the grey market etc. Also, depending on the content, subs can give more CV than the base game (since they have more content -> they cost more). Or some region locked subs can contain more items than others (UK and USA received extra content for Call of Duty: WWII from Nov 2019 Monthly) or entirely different versions (Germany receives low-violence versions for certain games) .
  4. It happens often that the subs delivered from bundles have different content than the store subs. They lack certain DLCs for example, so you need to know this in order to decide if you're activating the key as it is and upgrade to other versions lately, or wait for an opportunity to buy the full version from the Steam store if it's worth more to you than the price you'd pay from the base item in a bundle.
3 years ago

Or as another example, Indivisible from the Steam Store has the preorder / Kickstarter bonus companion that follows you around: https://steamdb.info/sub/85896/apps/
While the bundle version does not: https://steamdb.info/sub/447016/apps/

3 years ago

Wow, thank you for this extensive and informative reply, Lilly. Much appreciated โ™ฅ

3 years ago

Quite a lot of filler in this one...

3 years ago

There always is though.

3 years ago

I don't disagree. But, if you like trying indie games, it still sometimes works out. Two of the "filler" titles this time around were on my wishlist--but they were the sort of things I'd never have spent much just to try out. Humble seems to average right around 1.5 minor indie titles I want per month.

3 years ago

WWE 2K Battleground is also a normal version instead of Deluxe without the possibility to upgrade it through DLC.

So if you want stuff as complete as possible, i was doubting to get it for Elex and some other games (yeah the bad platformers) but 2 games with a DLC mess, nah.

3 years ago

3 years ago

So you can freely unlock the three characters, and get exclusive costumes from the DDE?
My bad, I misread it on the store page I suppose. Corrected above now.

3 years ago

Yes but it will take hundreds of hours knowing how 2K handled it in past WWE games. Also, it is an online-only game so when 2K do their annual server shutdown, you won't be able to do much in the game - that includes earning the currency needed to unlock the wrestlers in-shop. I'm on the fench with the bundle - the DLC stuff is off-putting, very slimy of 505 Games to make a seperate edition to bypass giving us the full game.

3 years ago

At the moment, I think wwe 2k playgrounds is better than nba because you can unlock more easily things.
I have 3-4 hours and I bought one package that includes 6-7 superstars and at the start you have 10-15 superstarts to play with so I like it.
And the deluxe edition content you can unlock it playing, It will take time but you can unlock everything in game.
In NBA 2k playgrounds I remeber that the clothes you have to buy them with golden bucks.

3 years ago

Wasn't that Control Ultimate Edition?

3 years ago

Nope.
They always mentioned only "Control".

3 years ago

I asked which is was in the comments of their blog post announcing the contents. My comment never got past their moderation.

3 years ago

Control standard edition, and they have created it expressly for this, I'll keep to me what I think....

3 years ago

Is it because of the change number you can see they created it for this specific bundle?

3 years ago

It was added to Steam only yesterday.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.