Update 26th July

Our new record is now set to 1743 unique giveaways and over 1840 gifts sent. We didn't even need to have a consolation round since everyone had decent wins. This was probably our best event so far!

Update 28th November

Teasing for those interested in future events, we already have over 1200 unique giveaway reservations. Most of them (about 800) were reserved in the first hour of reservations.

Created 18th November

Hello again community!
Some of you may already know what this thread is for, so if you do please skip the introduction part, but read the rest:

Group Introduction

First of all you should know that this is not a new group, it was first created during Chrismas 2012 and since then we've had seven successful events:

The group's stats page can give you a glimpse of that success.

So it is obvious by the repetition pattern, that we operate close and during big Steam Sales. The goal of this group is to gather a certain amount of members that will create unique quality giveaways and share them with the rest. The tricky part is that ALL of those giveaways will end at exactly the same time, regardless of the time zone.

For that to work there are some rules to follow:

• Members must comply to SteamGifts rules.
  • Every member must create at least one primary giveaway.
  • Primary giveaways must not be bundled or exploited games and should at least get 1/5 of the group size in entries.
  • Created giveaways must end at a specific time and date and that is on 9th of July 2016 00:00 UTC. Giveaways should be created at least 48 hours before that time.
  • There should be no giveaways for the same game (so that people can't win the same game twice, but multiple copies cause no problems).
  • Primary giveaways should have no Contribution Value requirement.
  • All giveaways must be region free.

It's simpler than it looks, the hardest part is for me and the mods to organize and make sure people follow the rules.

For those that need more details, you should check on the group's profile here.
Also take a look at our FAQ.

How to enter the group

• You must ask for an invitation on this topic, but first read the rest of the bullets.
  • I will not reply to you in this thread nor if you are accepted or rejected. You will either get an invite, or be contacted in person by me.
  • To avoid having untrustworthy people that could ruin the event for others, there is a restriction of level 4 or higher required for me to consider your application, as well as being a member of this site for at least 3 months.
  • Even if you are eligible due to above requirements, you are not guaranteed an entry, those are just a way to avoid random invitation requests.
  • You should NOT add me on Steam to ask an invite.

What you should also know

• If you haven't read the rules don't apply for this group.
  • Like it or not, there are already people that have had a great course through our last events that will be on priority line. People I know personally and that I trust that they will fullfil the requirements of this group will be prioritized too.
  • People that have been in past events, are not automatically reinvited upon their request.
  • The maximum member cap is 70, but this could be lowered if not enough applicants meet the group's standards.
  • The invitation process is an one man's job, so be patient... (probably no invites until tomorrow)

What's the group's timeline

(read this if you get to be a member of this group)

This time around I created Steam group calendar events but the general idea is as follows:

• [Cleaning group phase] All previous members are asked to leave the group. Those who fail to do so are kicked. This is done so that only those re-interested apply here and probably get reinvited.
  • [Recruitment phase I] First there is the recruitement phase where I put up a forum topic and gather applications and send out invites. Minimum duration a week.
  • [Recruitment phase II] When we reach 65 members the last 5 will be picked from a list of 20 remaining applicants by votes of those 65 members.
  • [Reservation phase I] A giveaways topic will be created were you can only reserve one giveaway you plan to make. This phase lasts for 72 hours.
  • [Reservation phase II] You are now allowed to reserve as many giveaways as you want.
  • [Giveaways creation phase] You can start creating your giveaways ending at the specified time. This phase probably overlaps with previous two.
  • [No more giveaways phase] 48 hours before the giveaways ending time, the giveaways topic will be locked and I will check if members fullfilled the rules. If needed there will be kicks (hasn't happened so far).
  • [Happy winners phase] Giveaways have ended and most of us feel happy with their wins.

Few last words

Our last event had 70 members and 1711 unique giveaways (average of 24 giveaways per member, which means also an average of 24 wins per member). Everyone who entered at least one giveaway won something, but still the unluckiest eight got 1 extra game from their wishlist as "consolation" on behalf of many of our members who donated the amount needed. Almost everything went smoothly and I will do my best for things to go even better.

tl;dr

This group is not for you

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Would love to be part of SimGive :3

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

I'd like to participate if possible.

8 years ago

tl;dr
This group is not for you

I love this bit lol

Also, I'd like to apply

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'd like to participate too! I'll probably have to rob a bank but it's alright, there is much time to choose one yet! XD

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Thank you both! <3

8 years ago

I'd like to participate once again :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

bump!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'm definitely interested in joining this again!

8 years ago

YES FOR BIGZ!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Nooooooooooooo.....
Last couple of months of traveling really cut into my gaming time, just barely got over 50% of my games played
I think there's still like a month and a half until the sale? I have to do my best in the remaining time!

I'd like to apply again. If I'm in, I definitely won't be entering as much >.<

8 years ago

Less than a month til sale - June 23

8 years ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1 in the fight against Backlog.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I won't be participating due to financial reasons, also I haven't finished my wins from last time... but I highly recommend that anyone that is considering it to do it. Its so much fun and its filled with amazing people! I managed to almost get all green giveaways which is more than I thought I could do!

Have a bump for a fantastic event :3

8 years ago

Will miss you. (

8 years ago

I'll miss you guys too! I may see what I can do! I really want to take part in it :c

8 years ago

Awww, no tasty chi kun this time? ;___;

8 years ago

Maybe not! Maybe Christmas time! I'll see if I can maybe make summer though :3

8 years ago

Well, if possible, I'd love to give this another go :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

If leeching is allowed, I want to be in.

:P.

8 years ago

+1

Since when do you leech??

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I feel like some great sales are coming. Count me in.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I'm interested in participating!

8 years ago

So I've read the rules and it sounds good to me, but a little to good to be true? Only one non-bundled game, no matter what value and I'd be good to go?

8 years ago

If it collects the required amount of entries, then yes.

8 years ago

That would be 14 entries. Seems easy enough. Gonn apply then, thanks.

8 years ago

basically yes - but then you got to think do you really wish to dissapoint all the other members who donate a lot and give the barely minimum? not to mention that if you perform weak you will be off from next events and if you are good you are much more likely to get into next ones.

8 years ago

So from what you're saying the group seems highly judgmental and expects a lot just because I am not as wealthy to buy the newest triple AAA titles? Okay, screw this. Gonna delete my application.

Edit: Generous applicants seem to be your highest priority anyway...

8 years ago*

judgmental? nope. But yes, this group expects better than the bare minimum set up in requirements. If you want to come in already expecting "I will give the bare minimum and profit" then it's not the right group for you. This event is one of the most hardcore events on SG compared to most of youre usual GA groups.

8 years ago

Everything you said was judgmental. Making sure you get good giveaways for your own interest.
You made more profit than me on Steamgifts, so much for that, if I can be judgmental myself for a moment. ;)

8 years ago

nope. I have nothing against you personally - I just state a simple fact. You don't like it SO now you just make a drama for the sake of making drama.

8 years ago

I am not making drama for the sake of drama.
You yourself said in this thread you'd get games on sale and you judge me because I was asking about the rules. And it annoys me because you did that. Someone in dozens of giveaway groups, with more wins than sent games. And you tell me that I have to make amazing giveaways and whatnot.
It just bothers me that you apparently make sure to get the most out of the event, while - again - you will get games on sale.
I thought this was not like all the other giveaway groups that are just after free games... But this whole sermon of yours made me dislike this one just like all the others.
And I know how you love to discuss for hours, so go on. Talk all you want for the sake of talking. ;)

8 years ago

I don't judge you. You asked about the rules, I answered you. Not my problem you don't like an answer and feels it's opressing you or whatever ;p

You're butthurt about my answer? About my profile? Aboiut god know what else? I couldn't care less. You asked a question, I answered it, you didn't like it so now it's suddenly judgemental, against you personally and so on and on? That's drama for sake of drama in my book :>

And as it's clear whatever I say you will not actualy read what it says but what you feel like it must say to justify your butthurtness - I won't continue this pointless discussion. Whether you like it or not you got your answer. Take it or leave it, doesn't really matter to me :)

8 years ago

That's new to me. You stop talking once? More of that please.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

+1 I didn't spend much and I was happy with what I had given and I got plenty of entries :3

8 years ago

Like Student said, it is possible to give good and even high demand games without spending lots of dough. It requires some good eye and fast reservations. But I think zelghadis is correct. You will feel the pressure when bigger players start pouring in.

8 years ago

^^^ What Tubberware said. While the requirements for participation are negligible, there is heavy competition to see who can gather the most entries.

8 years ago

I'm in again ,

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Applying again for this one! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

8 years ago

OH LOOK A BEAR IS TAKING MY +1!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Hey, I've been in almost all events and would love to join this time as well if you'll have me Trag! :)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

Would like to join the party. :)

8 years ago

I'm interested, and took part in event a few years back.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 months ago.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

+1 :)

8 years ago

cpuld be a problem I believe, as you bl at least a few of group regulars.

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Recruitement was planned to last for a week. I can't possibly know that you have lots of people blacklisted unless I was told so (which didn't happen). Of course we ask people to remove other group members from blacklist for the duration of the event at least. Not being invited yet doesn't mean you are not welcome, it's just that I prefer to first invite regulars (which may take some time for them to notice the thread) then to invite new members. Also it's one man's job to go through all applicants profiles and Summer in Crete means that on WK at least I'm out to the beach :P

So just please be patient and don't make rush conclusions on our intentions

8 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

I've never applied before but I've heard about this a lot, I'd like to join this time ^^

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

If you have room, I'd like to participate at least once in this event, if you're already full, no worries :-)

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

+1!

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

It's been a while since the last time that I participated in this kind of events, I'll pass on this as well but I wish you all the best :)

8 years ago

I would like to participate. It says 2 months in my profile, but if you scroll on top of it, you will see I will hit 3 months in less than a week (June 2nd). I am L5 already.

8 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by tragikos.