At the end of the year I scrolled through my review list and was quite surprised to see, how many wonderful games I played this year. Despite being limited in my time, there were still more games, than I expected. And I decided to make a personal top 5 list of the games I played this year:

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  2. Mutant Year Zero
  3. Wandersong
  4. Cat Quest
  5. Silence

This list also proofs, that I tend to play other games and hardly ever get a game right when it comes out (MYZ was the absolute exception, which I played beginning of 2019 right when it came out).

Other games I had a lot of fun with and should be honorable mentions are the following titles (ordered by alphabet): Broforce, Eternal Senia, Hard West, Her Story, Maize, Open Sorcery, Rime, State of Mind, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Thomas was alone and Tomb Raider.

There were also two big disappointments: Shadow of War was a very tedious grinding experience which ruined the title for me. And Sherlock Holmes - The Devils Daugher in the end just had too many flaws.

So now the question of course stands: Which were your Top 5 of 2019? Which were your biggest disappointments?

Also: Of course there is a GA and what would be better suited than my best gaming experience of the last year? So answer a (really easy) question to gain access to the GA by clicking here!

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

This year I've been playing Apex Legends since launch. Besides that I played Insurgency, Far cry 4 and CODAW.

4 years ago

Best, in no particular order:

• Metro Exodus
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Disco Elysium
  • Dark Souls: Remastered
  • Noita

Disappointments:

• Left Alive
  • Generation Zero
  • Overkill's The Walking Dead
  • Monster Hunter: World
4 years ago

1. Assasin's Creed Odyssey
  2. Elex
  3. Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom
  4. Devil May Cry 5
  5. Resident Evil 2 Remake

There's really no order to those five. All great games.

4 years ago

1. Anno 1800
    2.Transport Fever 2
  2. Planet Zoo
  3. Tropico 6
  4. Atelier Ryza
4 years ago

1. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey -- purely epic, great setting, great story, and mythical creatures.
  2. Assassin's Creed: Origins -- gorgeous, amazing combat, and an ancient Egyptian setting
  3. Resident Evil 2 -- you can never get too much RE, and my favorite in the series gets released next.
  4. Children of Morta -- this game ended up being a surprise favorite for me. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is.
  5. Arizona Sunshine -- this is the game that convinced me that VR is here to stay.

Honorable Mentions: Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn. You haven't lived until you've attended the Teste Festy.

4 years ago

Top 5 that come to my mind(from many others):

1. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. The Division 2
  4. Jedi: Fallen Order
  5. Between the Stars
4 years ago

my time at portia
tales of berseria
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Assassin's Creed Origins
Pillars of Eternity

4 years ago

1. Days Gone
  2. A Way Out
  3. MGS: Phantom Pain
  4. Grand Theft Auto V
  5. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
4 years ago

Control: amazing art direction and intriguing SCP narrative
Apex Legends: really fun BR combined with hero shooters
Mothergunship: bombastic and hectic fun roguelite
Observer: uniquely dark cyberpunk story with hyperrealistic visuals
...and maybe Metro Exodus, still playing that so not sure yet.

4 years ago

MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
Division 2
Monster Sanctuary
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Earth Defense Force 5

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

These arent 2019 games buddy. None of them are.

4 years ago

bump
don't have any fav games from 2019

4 years ago

They dont have to be favaourites, just whatever games came out this year that you played and how would you rate them in placements.

4 years ago

Ok, hard to remember all the game I played this year as got +140 to my perfect game count and played many I not even managed to get to 100% or not wanted to replay for achievement perfection.

Siralim 2 but that just finished this year, started 2 years ago
Witcher 3, bought years ago, but started just recently and still need to play a lot to finish it
Fallout 4
Pine
Woven (this was just too cute with awesome narration)

biggest disappointment:
Rebel Galaxy
God Eater 2

probably only these 2, both was repetitive grind-heavy game. At least the second has some lore and story. In Rebel Galaxy you can't even move freely in space, you can only turn to left or right, for me that is the worst game I ever played (at least from hyped titles)

4 years ago*

Not all of those are 2019 games man. The dissapointments are though.

4 years ago

it was about what we played in 2019, not what was released. 2 of my 5 lists were released this year tho.

4 years ago

Yeah, GE2 came out in 2019, if you turn the effing 6 upside down
https://imgur.com/yexKmKK

4 years ago

1. Mega Man Legacy Collection
  2. Neptunia Re;Birth2
  3. Neptunia Re;Birth3
  4. METAL SLUG
  5. Forward to the Sky
4 years ago

Those are ancient games man, not 2019 ones...

4 years ago

Since the options are not limited only to titles released this year:

• Baba Is You
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Rexaura
  • Gato Roboto
  • Dead In Vinland

I would like to have a 2019-only selection, but I haven't played some titles that I know I'd enjoy like Disco Elysium, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, etc.

4 years ago

Warframe
Deep Rock Galactic
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Dark Souls 3
Killing Floor 2

4 years ago

Those are not 2019 games mate.

4 years ago

I played them in 2019, that's all that matters.

4 years ago

I'll list them in no particular order and mostly include the games that I've actually beaten:

• Enter the Gungeon
  • Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (I've beaten all three Dark Souls games this year along with all of their DLC's for those that had them, but the second one is my favorite)
  • Unexplored (an interesting action roguelike that I've yet to beat but did manage to get to the last floor once)
  • Tangledeep (another roguelike, albeit this one is turn-based and I've beaten it several times)
  • The Adventure Pals (very fun and quirky action platformer)

Special mention:

• Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - I've won this about a week ago on SG and started playing two or three days ago so I haven't gotten far into the game which is why I didn't include it on my top five, but so far it's pretty enjoyable and I can see it being one of my favorite games I've played this year
4 years ago

Those are not 2019 games pal.

4 years ago

Which were your top 5 games that you played in 2019?

He's asking us to list our top 5 games that we played in 2019, he didn't mention they have to be games that released in 2019.

You wrongly "corrected" a lot of people on this inside this thread and made a big fool out of yourself. Next time you try to correct people make sure you're actually right about it.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago*

soo.. is it The Outer Worlds or Outer Wilds? :)

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Outer Wilds is pretty cool too though :D As an adventure & exploration

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago*

In no particular order:

Subnautica
Yakuza 0
Deep Rock Galactic
Divinity Original Sin 2
Resident Evil 2

4 years ago

Pretty sure Immortal Redneck didnt come out this year.

4 years ago

Which were your top 5 games that you played in 2019?

4 years ago

Unloved. What a wonderful game.

4 years ago

Not in order:

1. Hollow Knight
  2. Ibb & Obb
  3. Overcooked 1 & 2
  4. Blockwick 2
  5. Slime Rancher
4 years ago

Im pretty sure SLime Rancher is not a 2019 game.

4 years ago

The post asks about games we played in 2019. Not games which released in 2019.

4 years ago

I've really started to get back into PC gaming this past year and it's been really exciting:

1. Slime Rancher: Instant favorite probably, it's surprising that one game can get me so happy just by starting it.
  2. Stardew Valley: Well, this consumed my life and I racked up 140 hours in a couple months. I'd do it again, probably. I won Staxel here and was gifted My Time at Portia from a friend so we'll see how those match up to Stardew Valley.
  3. A Hat in Time: I grew up on Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy so playing this really took me back to those times.
  4. PAYDAY 2: Got this to play with a friend, I don't play online competitive games (mostly because I don't want to deal with people being toxic to me because I'm a girl) so just doing PAYDAY missions with a friend is a pretty good time.
  5. Fault milestone one and two: Just really engaging worldbuilding that stuck with me along with a good story and great characters.
4 years ago

First off, you should of never left pc gaming, secondly, those are not 2019 games there. Think Payday 2 is the oldest there.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Those are not 2019 games there mister.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I don't really play games anymore so the few I did play I played to completion because they were that good... Here is my top 5:

1) Pillars of Eternity 2 (really enjoyed the turn based update, the lore, and all of the DLC, etc. Good game all around)
2) Greedfall (really enjoyed the story, progression, combat. Got frustrated near end game and stopped playing but still good)
3) Fell Seal (another turn based strategy, reminded me a bit of fire emblem. Also got frustrated and stopped playing because I didn't have time to grind to beat a level but was fun for the first 13 or so hours)
4) Spirit Hunter: Death Mask (I enjoy VNs to a degree and point and click but this is some crazy cross genre with some horror and mystery thrown in)
5) Resident Evil 2 (Never played when it first came out on console but this game looks/plays well, is well optimized and had some really fun parts and puzzles)

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.