I was expecting an instant crash, instead, I got 7-12 fps and played the tutorial...(everything at low)
My APU is a dual core...
GOG Galaxy worked fine with it.

View attached image.
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you going to play it in a potato?

View Results
Yes
No

I'm going to play that game on my roommates Xbone, but only because I can't run it on my Computer.

8 years ago

If I managed to run it with my hardware, I think that even an iPhone can run it...jk, I know 7-12 fps is not enjoyable, I already uninstalled the game, but it motivated me to save money to build a new PC.

8 years ago

I already have enough games in my Library and WL that are motivating me to build my first PC.

8 years ago

I can' wait to get it >.<

8 years ago

I haven't found motivation to get into my backlog of looooong games. All the Elder Scrolls, Witcher 1&2, Fallout New Vegas, all the Borderlands, etc. They look great but just take so long to beat. :/

I will get Witcher 3 someday. :)

8 years ago

Massive games can feel so daunting. I'm finally finishing up the last of the DLC for DA:O. I've spent a silly amount of time on this game. Perhaps more than any game ever. I've really enjoyed the story, but I'm really tired of playing it. And after playing this game for so long, I'm quite gunshy about starting another big game. I need something short and flashy.

8 years ago

I played DA:O 3 times in a row man, its my favorite game. And still, I need to do another play through to get the last of the endings and some achievements more. I also modded the hell out of the game after my second play through, with HD textures and such, and the sex mod...

8 years ago

Well, I'm playing on 360, and although I got the Ultimate Edition for dirt cheap, the combat is pretty dull on console. I've loved the story and the lore, but I'm really tired of the lame combat.

8 years ago

I still haven't finished DA:O! I spent all my available free time of the last 5 months (which means barely 90 hours) and I love the story but I'm tired of playing it. I'm OCD in gaming and need to do ALL the secondary quests and it makes me mad bcs I want to progress with the storyline but then when I'm on the map and see all those quests waiting for me.....

That's why I chilled myself for 6 hours playing GameDev Tycoon last weekend, but now I'm so excited for TW3 and I know I wont finish DA:O if I start it and it will drive me mad as well.

8 years ago

I'm the same way. I've got to do all of the side quests and optional quests, which is why I still haven't finished Skyrim. I get sidetracked too easily. And I really hate playing another story-intensive game while I'm already playing one. DA:O, with all of the campaign DLC and extra DLC probably ended up taking me 150 hours, which is impressive for me. I typically give up around 100 hours.

8 years ago

Skyrim LOL....I played it once and then I got sucked by the secondary quests for such a long time that I completely forgot what the main quest was! So I gave up, played other games and retried 6 months later...did the main quest trying my best to keep away from the secondary ones but I obviously failed.

In the end I couldn't complete every single side quest out there but at least I managed to finish the game ONCE in the amount of time my friends spent to play like 4 times.

The witcher is my favorite game series and I have been waiting for this one for years and it makes me so mad that I cannot concentrate myself on it until I finish DA:O bcs, if I do, I'll completely forget about it and waste 90 hrs..

I can feel your pain, damn OCD XD

8 years ago

Yeah, that sounds about right for Skyrim, except for the completing part. I've gone back to it twice (after the initial start) and never been able to focus on the main quests enough to finish them. I think the biggest problem with Skyrim is the dynamic quest system. Since its always generating new quests, I'm always finding new ways to get distracted. If I could just finish them and move on, at least I'd be making forward progress.

8 years ago

Downloading :v

8 years ago

i really wanted to play this on my own PC and on high settings but my potato can't run it :(

8 years ago

My potato is a potato to potatoes, even.

8 years ago

I'm running it fine around 25-30fps super low setting with my underpowered laptop i7 3517u (forgot the exact number), 6 GB RAM and 635m.

GOG torrent copy.

8 years ago

Actually kraken9 posted a very interesting thing here. It seems that gamestar.de did some comprehensive testing (source in german) and so, the minimum requirements are exaggerated.

Let's also not forget that AMD is yet to release Witcher-ready drivers, CD Projekt will probably release some patches that help with performance, and we are not yet sure how much can be changed in the .ini files (people wanted to tweak them to make the game look even better, but you can probably make it look worse as well).

So, all things considered, it may be possible to run Witcher 3 even on a peeled potato in the next few days.

8 years ago

That makes sense, I really expected a crash, I also expected the game to be unable to run on a dual core. I think those specs are from before the downgrade, that is why they seem exaggerated.

8 years ago

I have not a dedicated graphic card (I have an AMD APU too) and I can play GTA V in low settings with a decent fps O.o I'm glad of game optimizations :) So I could play The Witcher 3 too? Great news :D I'm very happy with my potato

8 years ago

How much RAM you have and what model your APU is?

8 years ago

My potato is way better than yours in that sense. A8 5600k (quadcore) with 8GB DDR. The game is around ~30fps for me

8 years ago

I have my potato APU dual core too (E-450 4GB Ram) its not the best but i finish Alan Wake, Portal 2, Half-Life 2, The Walking Dead, Resident Evil Revelations, Bastion, Mirror's Edge, The Wolf Among Us, COD MW2; its not a pcmasterace D: but hell its not too bad :P

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.