April 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ April 27th, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† May 4th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts

F1 2020

• RU/CIS together with Turkey: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Turkey
  • China, Viet Nam, India, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates - same sub
  • LATAM: Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Philippines, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Bermuda, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Grenada, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Puerto Rico, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
    It has been confirmed that at least some of these countries receive the ROW package, if not all.
  • Everyone else: ROW {sub/362653/}

Main Assembly

Aven Colony

Popup Dungeon

Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break - {sub/371787} can be activated anywhere apart from Japan.
Initially, customers from Japan also received the ROW key above {sub/371787} but after talking to the support, this was replaced with the correct package, {sub/481911/}
Locked packages exist for RU/CIS and China as well, but customers from these countries receive the same ROW (without Japan) sub as everyone else.

Notes:

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 75% of 4770 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/973580 W 1 $29.99
F1 2020 94% of 15546 - ๐Ÿ† 9.00 CV app/1080110 W 0 $59.99
Shenmue III 84% of 382 - ๐Ÿ† 7.50 CV app/878670 W 0 $49.99
Main Assembly 92% of 428 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1078920 W 0 $19.99
Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break 78% of 323 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1101360 W 0 $29.99
Remothered: Broken Porcelain 54% of 312 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1142390 W 0 $29.99
In Other Waters 94% of 535 - - 2.25 CV app/890720 W M 0 $14.99
Aven Colony 74% of 1241 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/484900 W 0 $29.99
SIMULACRA 94% of 1659 - ๐Ÿ† 0.75 CV app/712730 W M 2 $4.99
SIMULACRA 2 89% of 665 - ๐Ÿ† 1.20 CV app/1011190 W 0 $7.99
Colt Canyon 93% of 195 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/940710 W 0 $14.99
Skully 78% of 14 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/1249110 W 0 $29.99
Popup Dungeon 85% of 454 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/349730 W 0 $24.99

Retail:

• $347.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras: ROGUE MANSION

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

For how much longer can IGN keep up the good Choices before it's back to December or even July standards?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Overall Iโ€™d say itโ€™s a pretty decent month, so letโ€™s not cancel this time, all right?
[New subscription] I was able to keep myself under control even when Control was featured last month, but I am unable to say no to this selection.
[Maybe subscribe] My first thought was that this bundle isnโ€™t stellar, but now I see that there are some interesting games featured. But are they interesting enough to pay this much?
[Pause] Definitely some "meh" games in here. Donโ€™t take it personally, Humble, but from a value perspective, itโ€™s not great...
[Cancel] I'm truly sick of headliner games without DLCs. Count me out, Humble.

Skip.

3 years ago

I won't skip, overal it's still solid enough (I'm especially surprised to see In Other Waters), however it's also one of the weakest to date. Not every month can be as good I guess.

3 years ago

For me it's not meh, it's just bad games, that I would never ever consider playing. There is one game that I've been interested in post fact. And it's the very first time I want to pause. Imo there is nothing solid here, maybe there are some "okay I guess?" picks, but it's not enough as a Humble Choice for me. But it's still few cents for a game, so... I dunno...

3 years ago

Agree. First time im considering pausing, as I literally don't know any of the games.

3 years ago

I actually bought it, because "okay I guess" can make it. One game in Humble Choice cost me around 1$. It's not really that much. Some games looked more interesting than the others. For example I'm not interested in F1, at all. But there was other games and they were not that bad, and one looked actually interesting. So maybe for that price it's not a bad deal.

3 years ago

if i will pause i will lost my โ‚ฌ4.92 coupon i have 2 months more of it

3 years ago

I just cancelled mine since pause & cancel will both void the coupon.

3 years ago

i bought this only to buy next 4.92 bundle

3 years ago

Valid point. I was thinking about the same things, but I am not sure if next month's game would be good.

3 years ago

Not interested at all. Looks like pause to me.

3 years ago

Another one press the pause!!

3 years ago

Where is that button?
cause im going to press it on this bundle.
never does before.

3 years ago

Scroll down on the Humble Choice page -> you'll find a 'Manage your plan' button -> click on it and choose 'Pause my subscription'. Choose a reason or not, doesn't matter -> affirm you wanting to pause ... done.

Edit: you'll get an email from them in which they confirm that your subscription is now paused and when you are going to be billed next.

3 years ago

Thanks for the tips mate!!
My first time.

3 years ago

Glad I could help.

Edit: Image didn't work, so I deleted it.

3 years ago*

Not sure why but the embed ain't working.

3 years ago

It doesn't work when I use Firefox, but does show with Microsoft Edge... weird.

3 years ago

offered me an 4$ coupon if I don't pause but the only game that I might play is In Other Waters so even for 8$ it's not worth for me.

3 years ago

You can always accept the coupon and still pause.
Sadly for us yearly subs, Humble doesn't give a damn about giving offers :/

3 years ago

Wow. This is the first month I will probably pause. Very first. I have never even considered doing this. And I have subscribed for years.

3 years ago

I know how that is. This is my second time. The only other time I ever paused was during the October 2020 bundle.

3 years ago

I still consider it as it's 12 new games (Owned Simulacra 1) for actually fw bucks. So it's better deal than Fanatical Bundles or even Humble Bundles tbh (unless Humble Bundle is not 12$ and has actuall amazing games). Some Fanatical bundles are even more expensive. Though I'm not super interested in those games... But... it's only a few bucks... but... but... I hate this bundle for making me doing this.

3 years ago

nods

I mean for 11 bucks this is still an amazing deal regardless for this bundle, so I get what you mean. But yeah, deffo unfortunate that not much resonates with us in this bundle. I've had my share of bundles i've taken because a few were good enough to do it. But dang, this one's only got like one in it for me XD

3 years ago

And I actually bought it. As someone already told somewhere, the games are okay. They are not just completely meh. And who knows, maybe actually it will turn out some of those games will be interesting to me more than I anticipated.

3 years ago

There's always a first time I guess? :P For me it was one of the earliest Choices, I just recall there was literally nothing that was interesting enough for me.

Of course, it's also a matter of tastes - I remember many users here "raged" aginst the December bundle, while for me it was a fantastic deal as 10 titles in it were in my wishlist.

3 years ago

Well, people are constantly complaining for bundle repeating "IGN ruins the Humble Bundle" or "Humble Bundle just gets worse" and they are autopersuading themselves it's the fact. Of course, there are worse and better bundles. And yeah, taste is also important. Though, IMO there are things beyond taste. Like... I don't like certain genres, but I can still see greatness of some of the games.Like I don't like RTS or even turn-based strategies. But it doesn't mean I should call those games the worst.

I've bought it anyway, because some of the game interest me slightly and there will always be some cards too and +games for library. And It may be better than I think. It didn't cost me much, so why not... It cost me about 1$ for a game (unless they will stop giving all 12 games, it will be something a bit more than a dollar, then), so even if they are not super duper great games, it's still maybe worth? So I bought it.

3 years ago

Damn that is a rough bundle man XD Only game I want in there is "In Other Waters"

I was really looking forward to the new goods this month, bummer ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’”

3 years ago

Aven on wishlist and I was thinking of buying F1 anyways, so for $6 hard to pass

3 years ago

kinda horrible month for me personally but i can that some people here like it. will probably pause this month.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Worse Ive seen in quite some time, never missed a single one since monthlies started but starting considering cancelling it after all.

3 years ago

F1 2020

I can't get F1 2019 to run on my RTX 3080. IIRC it crashes on launch. //#FirstWorldProblems I wouldn't mind 2020 assuming it doesn't have the same problem.

Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break

On my wishlist - Wow, bundled in less than a year confirms that this has gotten a much weaker reception than the first or second games. Nonetheless, this is still a highlight for me in this bundle.

SIMULACRA

I very rarely play horror games, but the whole staring-at-a-phone-you-found POV was unique and worth playing.

SIMULACRA 2

On my wishlist - I wouldn't mind giving this a go, but doesn't add much to the bundle for me.

Main Assembly

Looks cool and I like the solo challenge & multiplayer options, but I'm a bit weary of how complex the design process can be. I haven't played a build-a-vehicle thing since Robocraft's glory days years ago, which BTW is getting revived by a modder-type community.

In Other Waters

On my wishlist - Seems like Duskers in a Subnautica world. Interesting, but not must have for me.

Aven Colony

SimAlienPlanet? Seems neat on paper, but the weaker overall review vs recent reviews makes this sus like RoA 3.

Colt Canyon

Does anyone know if this has a no blood setting? Otherwise looks neat as a western bullethell roguelite.

Popup Dungeon

Looks great on paper (pun intended), but sus recent reviews which say that the combat sucks. I can deal with weak combat, like in Hand of Fate 1, but maybe this is worse than that?

3 years ago

Wait you have a 3080 and F1 2019 doesn't run on it? It works just fine on my GTX 1660S. Maybe it's a problem with the other parts?

3 years ago

The error is quite non-descript:
[06-04-2021 13:57:26] - ##################################################
[06-04-2021 13:57:26] - EGO dumper
[06-04-2021 13:57:26] - processId=4004, threadId=10956, exceptionPointers=000000000014AE00, buildId=614494
[06-04-2021 13:57:26] - ##################################################
[06-04-2021 13:57:26] - Suspending threads of process 4004

3 years ago

Same here. Works fine even on my ancient 750TI

3 years ago

Clearly I need to dust of my GTX 680 to play F1 2019 again ๐Ÿ˜‰

Though I'm tempted to sell since GPUs are nearly worth their weight in gold now.

3 years ago

It's unfortunately a known issue with F1 2019 with the 3000 series cards. Which is really strange considering how F1 2019 ran fine on my old PC with a pretty old R9 380X GPU ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thankfully it can be fixed by deleting some .dll files, which worked for me.

3 years ago

I had the same error with my RTX 3080 when I tried to run F1 2019. Managed to make it run by using this workaround: deleting the nvngx_dlisp.dll and nvngx_dlss.dll files from the F1 2019 folder. Reddit link about the fix.

It's still a very strange solution and I'm not a fan of modifying a game like this. Codemasters is apparently aware of the issue and trying to fix it, but who knows when that'll come.

3 years ago

Hey thanks - That gets it running again! I guess that means no DLSS until the devs fix the files. I now only get a crash when closing the game. Kinda sucks that the crash window doesn't even reference the files. Maybe I would've had to dig into the logs to confirm that those files were the problem?

I wonder if this is an issue with Nvidia's DLLs given that NGX is something they provide.

3 years ago

Glad to help, and yeah, it's not a perfect fix since it seems to potentially remove some nvidia-specific functionality from the game.

It's so weird. It's reasonable to expect some older games to have issues with new hardware like the 3080, but not F1 2019 out of all the games ๐Ÿ˜…

3 years ago

Remember when we all hoped that the 6 months for 6 euros discount was so they could get sure numbers to get good bundles?
I think internet calls it #Fail

3 years ago

I don't want to sound like an ass, but people actually thought that?

To me, it just shows that HB are slightly desperate to get and retain subscribers. I'd say their monthlies / now choicies aren't as popular as they thought they would be. It's certainly the reason why we've been able to keep all 12 games in the last few months. I'd say the decision to reveal the full bundle was perhaps a bad move on their part. I bought many Monthlies because of the fear of missing out on some great games... Weirdly enough, some people seem to miss that format, which is something I do not understand at all. I'd much rather know upfront what I will be paying for. But I guess those people are the kind of gamers to purchase Fanatical's mystery bundles every time a new one is launched. Anyway... I'd be curious to see a chart detailing the number of subscribers, I'd bet it's on a slow but steady decline.

3 years ago

The theory behind it I guess was that Humble got pushed into the Choice format by the fact devs are scared of the grey market and they actually believed that people would not sell their keys so much if they were buying bundles knowing what's in it.

Regardless of the accuracy of that theory, the outcome is that people are buying the bundle less now that they can see what they are in for, as a lot of people like you (and me) were buying it on the strength of the big headliner but also out of fear of missing out on good games once the bundle was revealed.

So now they have a problem, which is that they can't negotiate with devs and studios to get the rest of the bundle based on the number of people that was buying it beforehand like they used to. The pausing system really mess it up because they don't know from one month to the next how many subs they'll get.

Hence it's hardly surprising that they would come up with an offer for a discount which only has one condition: you can't pause.
I'm guessing they were hoping to build a strong base for the next few months but obviously that didn't really change the quality of the bundle. In fact they are getting worse.

3 years ago

In fact they are getting worse.

Now that's just not true. Some are better, some are worse, but overall - at least to me it feels like - the quality of the contents remained the same from when we had "Monthly" throughout "Choice".

Edit: For reference here's two lists with all bundles ever made: https://barter.vg/bundles/3/3/
https://barter.vg/bundles/3/161/

3 years ago

I guess mileage varies in everything, especially bundles and collections.
Quality is subjective but I can say for sure that the overall value of the bundle is decreasing, that's a measurable, and that the old format didn't use to include previously bundled games, whereas Choice does, and it happened more than once. In fact it's been a constant in the past months, and it wasn't the case before.
The number of games valued under 10 bucks has also increased.

So I guess by those standards alone, it's getting worse.

3 years ago

Yeah, but at the same time the number of games has increased. We used to have 6-8 in the Monthlies, now we get at least 9 and in the last year we even got 12-14 games each month. I mean, I think in this regard it's totally okay to have a repeat here and there and the odd game out, too.

3 years ago

I even just checked the links I posted myself. Would you have bothered to check them you would have seen, that your value statement is also not true, because the total values of each bundle is listed there. According to this the overall value has nearly doubled from back in the days when it was Monthly. No decrease in sight.

You just wanna be negative for no real reason. I think you should take that mask off and breath freely for a while ;)

3 years ago

Dang, I was throwing you a bone with "mileage varies" and "quality is subjective", you had to call me Negative Nelly? :P

I have checked that list (why do you just assume I haven't?) and while the "value" price tag has increased, as you mention in your other post, so has the number of games in the bundle so the average value per game per bundle has remained pretty much steady as compared to the old format, it hasn't increased.

Here are more negative maths for you. Since the average value hasn't increased and the price for the Premium has increased, that means that the overall value has decreased. And I'm not even getting into how many games you actually get for the money because they have been desperately trying to retain subscribers these past months and Premium and Classic don't have to exercize the Choice but the duration of that "limited feature" is unknown.

But again, that's all maths and numbers. I won't go look for the ratings of all the games in the bundles every month and calculate average because nope, not doing that. It just feels like the number of meh games with average to low ratings on Steam has increased. So yeah there are more games but I'd happily take 5 games (not looking for AAA) with good ratings than 10 meh, broken or incomplete games and a couple of games with 20 DLC to buy on the Humble Store.

And again, it's all subjective so if you're happy with it, it's all good, friend. Just like it's all good if I'm not.

3 years ago

They might have introduced the premium model with a higher price, but at the same time they allowed classic to pertain, and they keep throwing out coupons and offers, which basically allow everybody to get it for real cheap. Some are even getting it for 6$ a month!!

So yeah, whatever. To me it would seem that it is more than subjective, and that IGN doesn't deserve the criticism it's getting for their Choice/Monthly bundle. But at the same time they totally ruined Tuesdays and the good ol' Humble Bundle, and I'm kinda mad at them, too, for doing this, so I get where you might be coming from (I know, I'm assuming again, please don't be mad).

Have a hearty internet hug and thanks for making it feel great to disagree and still value each other.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Yeah it's true there is nothing the internet likes better than bitching ;) and disagreeing violently.
I've been a killjoy my whole life according to my Mom so I am often guilty of the first (and i need a breath of fresh air from time to time) but I very much dislike the other.

Disagreement is a part of discussion and there's nothing I value more than exchanging with friends and strangers about everything and anything so have a warm internet hug too and thanks for making it possible to discuss and disagree without knives coming out.

3 years ago

Dang. I didn't think my comment would kinda spark a tiny feud between two of my fav SG people. But I'm glad it's all good now.

While I was agreeing pretty much with everything you said, although I do think the overall quality remained slightly the same over the years... The thing is, I'm not sure that having way more subscribers would insure bundles would contain "better" games.

You said that devs were scared of the gray market. That is true. It's not just that they won't see a penny when someone sells their leftovers there, games get devalued so much after being bundled, it's no wonder that, I suppose, less and less devs/publishers are interested to have their games included in a bundle. They'll probably make more money in the long run by having their games on sale than having them bundled.

Also, game bundles used to be a way to make indie titles known to a wider audience. Nowadays, indie games can be successful on their own, as Steam has become a good platform for indies. They also have to thank streamers, I guess. That's what happened with Phasmophobia, it's a favorite among streamers and it started appearing along other Steam's top sellers just a few weeks after its release. I love that game ^^

I think these might be the main reasons why HB possibly struggle to find "good" games to include in their Choicies. So we're left with:

1. Games that were already bundled
    Devs/pub have nothing to lose, their games were already devalued

2. A slight increase in games that have mixed reviews
    If reviews aren't that good, they're probably not selling anyway so better bundle them, right?

3. Base games instead of complete editions
    I guess that's a smart move from publishers, some people will feel compelled to buy what's missing.

ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

3 years ago

I think the biggest problem simply is people have too many games, so it takes more to convince us it's a good deal - there are so many bundles and games to choose from, and our libraries (backlogs!) are already much too big.

3 years ago

Heh I wouldn't even try to feud with Eeev, she's too cool. Besides I make a point never to start a fight I can't win.

They'll probably make more money in the long run by having their games on sale than having them bundled.

I think bundles were a nifty way to spread the word, to get more reviews on Steam and to get people curious about games. Now that the bundled games make the rounds on the grey market for months, it's a loss for the devs, for sure.

Nowadays, indie games can be successful on their own, as Steam has become a good platform for indies. They also have to thank streamers, I guess.

The internet is a wonderful thing for all things indie. Games, movies, music, hell even books can reach a wide audience without having to jump through the hoops of the corporate moguls and swill merchants. And I guess IGN's reputation even before they bought Humble didn't help endear them to indie studios and small devs.

I guess that's a smart move from publishers, some people will feel compelled to buy what's missing.

And for Humble. The Season Pass for control is at an all time low on the Humble Store right now. It's not by coincidence.

But hey, it's also true that we have become spoiled babies. We bitch about quality and decline but the inescapable truth is that 12 bucks (not even going to talk about the 6 bucks discount) for 12 games is bargain bin and sure it could be better but it's still better than nothing and there's no arm twisting since we can still pause (for the moment)

3 years ago

An easy skip lol.

3 years ago

barter.vg is down? lol

3 years ago

Its up today.

3 years ago

it recovered literally a minute after my comment

3 years ago

Sniper, F1 and Aven colony could be some that I'd like to play, but I'm not sure if my PC will run these games ... and when I'll be able to buy parts for PC again these will probably have been bundled for 10 times each ..

Maybe I'll try to win some of them here.. 3 games I'd like to play and 2-3 that I wouldn't mind trying out is usually good enough for me to buy it, but I haven't even played F1 2019 that much, and as I said others won't probably run well on my pc .. tricky

3 years ago*

Eh... slightly interested in one of the smol games. Might end up trading to get it. Or not.
Insta-pawse for meh.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

F1 2020 is a huge mess, they have multiple subs for the same region, and it's impossible to know exactly which of them do the keys from this bundle activate, until someone will post their sub here.

However, all the subs are split into 3 groups of countries:

• LATAM: Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico
  • Asia: China, Viet Nam, India, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates
  • RU/CIS together with Turkey: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Turkey

To find these, you have to look through all the packages that contain the base app.

Europe / US don't have region locks, they receive keys that can be activated worldwide.

I already investigated the region locks for the other games and posted the results in the OP.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I see I'm not the only one thinking this bundle is garbage. Not complete garbage, as there's 1 or 2 in there I could be interested in, but by far not enough to grab it. This is probably the worst month for me since I found out this existed.

3 years ago

I'm not going to talk about the whole bundle, but the three main games definitely make it a candidate for "The Most Disgusting Main Games of the Montly Ever."

3 years ago

There is very little I want, but I just started a year of premium for $12/month (paying monthly because I couldn't afford the full payment upfront) and I dont wanna lose it so Ill probably end up trying to trade away/do giveaways with the leftovers minus a few smaller games. So awful after last month.

3 years ago

AFAIK you can skip months in yearly subscriptions as well. Or is it like that $6 for 6 months where if you skip you lose the discount and next month goes for full price ?

3 years ago

you cant with this promotion, thats the deal for the price you pay. I had the exact same deal, and this was my last month. If you pause your price will go back to the normal price

3 years ago

My poor, poor wallet.

3 years ago

Colt Canyon looks neat but nothing else that I'm remotely interested in. Easy skip.

3 years ago

happy cakeday!

View attached image.
3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Happy cake day~

3 years ago

F1 2020 and In other waters justify the bundle in my eyes.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.