A GAME MODE? AND AMMO?

Also, only idiots would pre-order a game that changed publishers in-development. Especially from a good one like THQ to a low-budget shite like Deep Silver.

Also: 50$ = 50€!? Fack you Deep Silver, until you shite on yourself.

Clicky for something I made

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i do hate the fact thaat they didnt price it right 50 dollas !- 50 Euroes

1 decade ago

Deep Silver is not "shit".

And why are you so angry? It's just a pre-order and just a game... take it easy man.

1 decade ago

lol, not shit... right, good one :D

1 decade ago

But something that should be in the game for the sake of immersion. Letting those things get away and giving money to these people just show that gamers accept everything a company throw at us.

1 decade ago

Actually, they don't HAVE to include any extras. A pre-order is nothing more than buying a game before the release day. Anything they add for the pre-order customers is nothing more than a bonus. Not every game even have those extras on pre-orders.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

1 decade ago

this

1 decade ago

actually i would say that yes they DO have to include extras.. otherwise, what possible incentive is there to preorder? the publisher wants something from US (ie demonstration of interest through putting our cash down early), so in return they need to provide a decent enticement... and no, the 'game being potentially good' isnt a good enough enticement since the game can still be bought after its released :D

1 decade ago

On of the biggest game releases 'recently' was Skyrim. That had no preorder bonuses what so ever, yet it is the only game I've ever pre ordered. Did it based on the strength of Oblivion and the trailers. Was not disappointed.

As far as I see it, pre order bonuses are a sign that the publisher doesn't think their previous titles sold well enough to get sales based purely on that - they are enticing you into buying it before release with freebies. If they think they need to give people free stuff to buy their game then the game in my mind should be avoided until after release and a few reviews are out.

EDIT: just checked, there was apparensome tf2 hats for a short time, but I was unaware of this and ordered after that was removed.

1 decade ago

*has

So what? The customer takes risk pre-ordering this game, cause nobody played it before and nobody can make sure it'll be worth the money. The company has to convince us to buy the game earlier. If it doesn't happen, it means they take us for granted.
I think we have the right to complain and deserve better.

1 decade ago

Feel entitled much? The company doesn't owe you anything more than the game you're buying. Of course they're going to offer incentives but the point is they are not obligated to in any way. Will they get less people to pre-order without incentives? Of course they will. Doesn't give you any right to get upset because you feel they're not offering you enough. Ans I said, if you don't like the pre-order bonuses, then just don't pre-order the game.

1 decade ago

Because THQ was an AMAZING publisher right guys? I mean wasn't there way of DLC the best? I REALLY loved the on disc DLC that had to be unlocked with codes that you purchased.

(Btw I like many games by THQ but they are not a great publisher...)

1 decade ago

Wait I thought that selling a rifle that shoots sharks for 3$ is a great way of doing thing.s

1 decade ago

Even if it was on disc(Which it was) :-P?

1 decade ago

Their earlier games didn't have that much DLC. They only started pumping it at the end in an attempt to save the company.

1 decade ago

I have to agree with the DLC... especially w/ the way they did multiplayer DLC for Space Marine... if you didn't have the DLC for the next match, you were kicked out of match making... that's absolutely horrid!

1 decade ago

What makes me mad about this isn't the fact that the preorder bonuses are crap, but that the preorder bonuses are things that should have been in the game in the first place.

1 decade ago

I disagree. The problem is that those things should never be in the game at all. They're pointless.

1 decade ago

Ranger mode is awesome

1 decade ago

Crap, I was confused about what Ranger mode was. Ranger mode SHOULD be included by default. Sorry.

1 decade ago

I mean, I think it's great for them to be in the game. Even if they're kind of lame, you're not required to use them, so it doesn't change the game at all. It just gives you more options. That said, they're hardly much of an incentive to prepurchase.

1 decade ago

Children of the internet please be advised, mature shit incoming! If not 18+, please do not read beyond this line. kthnxbai

Fuck. Not fack. Not feck. Not fick or fock. But fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck.
Fuck.

1 decade ago

WON'T YOU PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?

1 decade ago

Children have no business on internet.
Except for ponies.
And kid stuff.
But mostly ponies.
Do kids nowadays watch other kids online? I wonder does eight year old go to google and type in something like 'eight year old nasty sand pie' or some weird shit. It makes you wonder.

Pies. I love pies.
Now I'm hungry.

1 decade ago

Pies?

1 decade ago

You haz pies?

1 decade ago

Maybe. I think I ate them all.

1 decade ago

Every time someone says "think of the children" ironically, god kills a child. Please, think of the children.

1 decade ago

What?! There's some sick freak out there killing children? Let's show him what a country with an out-of-control military budget can DO!

1 decade ago

Invade and cause the deaths of hundred more innocent people, some of them children, and then leave claiming a great success when in fact nothing was achieved other than raising petrol costs!

1 decade ago

well, that too.
But I was really just going for the Futurama quote

1 decade ago

Right...my bad...

1 decade ago

Changing publishers doesn't affect the game at this moment. THQ bankruptcy auction happened just within 3 months. Therefore, before THQ's bankruptcy, the game was nearly finished. I believe that beta or engineering test version has been completed. The quality should be good. Ranger mode only in pre order is kinda ridiculous, but others like games itself or publisher, they are fine.

1 decade ago

Agree. And publisher != developer, which stayed the same the hole time, and the same as for Metro2033

1 decade ago

All pre-orders are jokes.

1 decade ago

I DARE TO DISAGREE

bioshock infinite had awesome preorder bonuses, xcom and bioshock, plus you can probably sell the tf2 genuine hats for some money and get even MORE GAMES.

1 decade ago

Not to mention the GMG Bioshock infinite pre-order deal.

1 decade ago

I pre-ordered after the game came out in Europe to make sure the game was good. If you're gonna pre-order, that's the way to do it.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 decade ago

Last time I checked, THQ was the low budget publisher...you*d be surprised by how much money Deep Silver really has.

1 decade ago

^This

1 decade ago

Yeah, that's why Dead Island still has game breaking bugs.

1 decade ago

That has nothing to do with my point. (And Dead Island is shitty anyway)

1 decade ago

So is Metro 2033 ever going to come back on the Giveaway list?

1 decade ago

I know this might sound crazy, but don't pre-order it if you don't want the shit that comes with it.

1 decade ago

It would've been better if they made it multiplayer and those rewards exclusively for Multiplayer

1 decade ago

What a joke.
They should learn from other games and add a mutilated torso or a always-on DRM.

1 decade ago

Haha! Nice one.

1 decade ago

also quit your whining, its freakin 70. SEVENTY. thats 7x10. 70 usd here!! you want to talk about price gouging...

1 decade ago

Might I suggest you move someplace cheaper then? Like US or Russia?

1 decade ago

Holy shit, moving to a different country! Why didn't he think of it?

1 decade ago

Hey, you want cheaper, there's not alot of options

1 decade ago

when did preordering go from "I PREORDERED THIS GAME BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY IT" to "I PREORDERED THIS GAME BECAUSE I GET YUMYUM EXTRAS AND A TF2 HAT"?

1 decade ago

um... ever since digital distribution took off? theres no shortage of games anymore like there was in the past when we bought from stores, and as such there is a guarantee that you WILL be able to get your game whenever you buy it (ie ON the launch day, or a day after, or whenever), so there is literally no reason to preorder EXCEPT for exclusive content that you wont get if you buy after it releases. as i said before, publishers want something from US (an expression of interest in their game through preorders), so the only reason we would have for giving them that, is if they give us something back in return - especially if the quality of the game ITSELF is in question (which it always is, until we actually get to play it)

1 decade ago

This isn't true, there are plenty of games that lose stock very quickly and don't come for a long time. You're only thinking of huge AAA games like Metro, COD, Halo, etc. Fire Emblem (the new one on 3DS) was launched recently, right when it was released it was sold out. The store nearby my friend wont' restock on Fire Emblem for some time and he regrets not pre-ordering it. Now he has to order it online from amazon to play it.

1 decade ago

This is what it is for me, lol... I can wait to play a game and get a better price (I'm cheap). But if I can spend a little more (or still get a good deal by shopping around) and pre-order and get some nice bonuses that will save money in the long run, I'm up for that.

1 decade ago

Also, only idiots would pre-order a game that changed publishers in-development.

Only idiots would post something like that.

Personally, I won't be pre-ordering from Steam, but I will be pre-ordering and I will be enjoying Last Light on day one of release. I have the money, it's my most anticipated game of the year, so who are you to judge me?

Some advice: If possible, think before typing.

1 decade ago

Like I said, I hope it will be shite, and the pre-ordering sheep will stop.

1 decade ago

"I hope it will be shite"

Life of the party folks!

1 decade ago

Always a cynical asshole

1 decade ago

No one is forcing you to pre-order. The way I see it, people pre-order because they want to play the game as soon as it comes out. Anything they get extra is just a bonus, so there's no need to hate a game because it's got "not so great" incentives to pre-order.

1 decade ago

"Some advice: If possible, think before typing."

1 decade ago

Well, you are a spoiled brat.

1 decade ago

And yeah. I'm judging you, if it was not clear enough. :3

1 decade ago

I'm going to tell my mammy and daddy that you were mean to me!

1 decade ago

50$=50E is decent today. Take a look at other games, like Darkspore :)) 19$=50E=799pуб

1 decade ago

Deep Silver made the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game which I loved and had good horror to it, and Deep Silver is a good publisher, and its a full retail game, so that is why its 50. Don't like it, don't complain just ignore it

1 decade ago

If it is 50 Euros then it should've been 60$. Yet it's 50$. Fuck Deep Silver.

1 decade ago

Ever heard about the difference in taxes between the EU and US?

1 decade ago

Any other "AAA" game is 60$ and 50E. Even their own Dead Island Riptide ("AA" game) is 50$ and 40E.

1 decade ago

I proofed you already wrong on that statement and yet you continue to keep saying "Any other AAA game..."

1 decade ago

50$ + 20% tax = 60$ = 46.11€
Am I missing something?

1 decade ago

OK. So what's the problem? Don't buy it now, or never since you "hope it will be shite", and stop crying...

1 decade ago

GSC made the first and every other STALKER game and THQ published the first one. Deep Silver had NOTHING to do with the first STALKER, they were only EU publishers for Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

1 decade ago

Dont cry!
50E = 210 PLN.
Sallary stars in West Europe from 1700 EURO, Poland from 600PLN....

For who 50E is the joke....

1 decade ago

Here

50E=250 RON.
My grandmother has a salary of 500 RON.

Fuck Deep Silver.

1 decade ago

Can hardly believe. Proof?

1 decade ago

What proof do you want? Interview my grandma?

1 decade ago

The price of the game in your currency, ofc.

1 decade ago

Clicky

220 is only at banks. At Steam 1Euro = 5 RON.

1 decade ago

YES

but 1 Harry = 5 Ron's.

So therefore Magic is real.

1 decade ago

Lol`d!

1 decade ago

1E = 4.4211RON today.
The game price is in Euro since we're part of EU so 50 * 4.4211 = ~220RON

THIS

The net average monthly wage was 1,192 lei (roughly 380 USD) in March 2008 rose to 1,352 lei (430 USD) in 2009 and is expected to reach 1,819 lei (570 USD) by 2013.

While 500RON salary is incredible low even here, there are cases like this. But somehow here PC games are cheaper if you get them retail. I got RedFaction Armageddon, Deus Ex HR and many other for 10E while on Steam was 30E. Oh yeah, it was the WW edition and it was redeemable on Steam with no region locked. Hitman Absolution is 15E.

1 decade ago

hahaha poor romanians

1 decade ago

I knew I saw your ID before on Level RO group LOL :)))))

1 decade ago

Oh shi-

runs

1 decade ago

Who cares about your grandma? Unless she's the only way you get your games. Then be grateful you get ANY games at all.

1 decade ago

Uh?

Here in Spain (not to mention that life is much more expensive than in Poland, first of all) salary starts at 645,30€/month. And the average wage is 1500€/month. Not to mention that 25% of the population is unemployed.

1 decade ago

1700€??? Neither in France, nor in Spain.

1 decade ago

Neither in Italy, Malta, Germany, Portugal, Ireland or the UK. I don't know what this guy thinks "western europe" is. Scandinavia maybe?

1 decade ago

Although I can feel that pain it's not really through and there are worse example,also it isn't relevant.

West Europe? What is west Europe for you? In Germany many people earn less than that,while it is true that others earn way more. Statistics get cleaned about by putting minijobbers out of the statistics,who even earn with 3 jobs not more than 1000/month. Salary alone doesn't mean that much either,because living costs are higher,too. While germany in general is not bad we still have people who can't make their living with their jobs and need help from the social services. So,no,not everyone is rich here are rich enough to live a life without any worries.

I know people here on SG who have to work half a month to buy a 50€ game. But with that money they have to make a living,too. And yes,they have to pay US prices.

Finally it doesn't matter how strong the economy is in your country,those games are international,it's not some small indie game developed by a small studio in some basement in kiev. Deep silver is a german publisher,they have to make a living in germany,not in ukraine or poland or china or anywhere else. The devs want to get paid,too,there is marketing to be done,fees to be paid. With the current rapid price drops a game devalues itself very quick,if they start with 20€ they will never get their money back they had to pay.

Would you produce something in your country that did cost you X€,then go to another country and sell it for X/2€ just because the economy is poor there?

If you can't afford the pre order price,then you gotta wait,thats how it is.

1 decade ago

Portugal is the most western country in Europe. Salary starts at 485€. Average salry is around 750€. Check your facts before talking, it's not like we're rich.

1 decade ago

It's a shame. 4A doesn't deserve this shit. Deep Silver are a bunch of asshats.

1 decade ago

Lol .. why pre-purchase when prices fall so quickly and are released in a buggy state?

1 decade ago

Correction: Deep Silver never fixes bugs. EVER.

1 decade ago

Never had to endure a DS game before so I don't know :P I wonder how they will butcher Saints Row 4, all the previous games have been a mess.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

THE GAME HAS NOT EVEN SHIPPED YOU STUPID, HOW DO YOU KNOW ITS FULL OF BUGS

1 decade ago

Awesome

more of those please!

1 decade ago

Ironically, the people who pirate it will get the full experience of the game with all difficulty levels. You literally get a better and more complete product by pirating it rather than buying it after launch. They won't need to deal with the missing features legitimate customers have to deal with

1 decade ago

I know I'll pirate it. No need to support such a bullshite company like Deep Silver.

1 decade ago

/facepalm.

The only logical answer would have been to just dont buy the game.

1 decade ago

Agreed

1 decade ago

/double facepalm.

1 decade ago

Because Gamers are entitled to play every game,but have full rights to hold their money back if they don't support any aspect. It's "pay if you want".

1 decade ago

if everybody thought like that the gaming industry wouldnt even exist anymore

1 decade ago

I think everyone in this thread knows that,only OP seems to be wiser,since he is not one of those "sheeps" ;)

1 decade ago

Wait, you want to pirate a it? You will pirate a game that you "hope it will be shite"?

1 decade ago

The currency conversion is a huge joke!

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by AJ7iNi.