Hello, I hope I will get some answers here, because I couldn't get help anywhere else.

I'm quite new GB GTX760 owner and anytime I start my computer, one of the three GPU's fan starts spinning realy fast, it's the always same one. It happens right after I push the power button. These high rpm are keeping even when OS loads and it returns itself to the normal after few minutes and then the fan spins as it should together with the others.

I have tried different monitoring utilities to watch fan rpm and temperatures, namely GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner. Both are showing fan speed at 900rpm even when that one particular fan is at it's max rpm. This happens without any apparent reason. The computer is not stressed and the GPU temperature is about 30°C idle. The MSI Afterburner is not able to control that single fan while this is happening. Once that fan calms down, I'm able to manualy edit speed of all fans together.

When I intentionaly stress the computer (World of Tanks at max settings, no AA), all fans are reving together up to 2800rpm and the noise is far quiet than that single fan's rage. But the temperature get's realy high, sometimes showing 80°C at it's peak and 65°C as average. Could be this overheating the source of the (probably) faulty fan? Or is there any other reason? Is it a bug or a feature?

I have tried different things, from regulating fan RPMs through MSI Afterburner to installing two additional case fans to increase air flow - I keep the direction from bottom intake to the top outtake.

I already returned the card to the seller for the warranty claim because flickering pixels started to appear. After four weeks I got the card back - the card was said to be repaired. The pixel flickering is gone but this fan problem still persists. This makes me unsure if this behaviour is normal or not.

Sorry for my crude english, I'm still learning. Thanks for any help.

My specs:

CPU:
INTEL cpu CORE i5-4570 1150 BOX 84W (3.2GHz normal, 3.6GHz Turbo)

RAM:
CRUCIAL 8GB=2x4GB Ballistix Tactical DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 CL8-8-8-24 1.5V Black PCB

Motherboard:
MSI B85-G43/ IntelB85/ LGA1150/ DDR3 1600MHz/ ATX

GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX760 (1085MHz), 2GB DDR5 (6008MHz), Boost clock 1150MHz, PCIe x16, SLi, 256bit, DisplayPort, 2xDVI, HDMI

PSU:
SEASONIC 600W M12II-620W

HDD:
WDC WD1002FAEX hdd 1TB SATA3-6Gbps 7200rpm 64MB Caviar Black 126MB/s

Case:
COOLERMASTER Elite 342

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I don't have the same card, but what it's probably doing is running in on/off mode until the drivers in Windows begin to feed it temperature information. In order to prevent heat damage, it runs at maximum speed, and then goes back to accurate speeds when the monitoring processes start. That said, this is just a guess, not actual experience.

1 decade ago

Never heard that any grafics card do this, why should a graphic card ever cooled that much at startup.
And it doesn't make much sense that just one fan spins very fast instead of all three spin in a moderate speed.

I would just give it back and get a new one.

1 decade ago

Crappy RMA by the way, "repairing" pixel issues instead of just giving a new one.
Or is that just me?

1 decade ago

Welcome to my country. I'm not sure how they managed to repair it and I secretly hope I will get flickering pixels again so I might get new piece instead refurbished same old card.

1 decade ago

This fan issue appears to be completely random. When I come from the night shift and have some sleep through the morning and noon, I always turn computer on and play some music to fall asleep easily. This means my computer isn't under heavy load at all, just Winamp and sometimes downloading are running. And yet, before I fall asleep I can hear that damn fan's rpm bursting sometimes.

1 decade ago

If it's sporadic, it's probably a more significant problem. I wouldn't try to RMA it again until you see video issues though, because to be honest they'd probably just test it (probably in a room full of loud machines running the same loud cards, probably some at stress levels and therefore making the audible signs negligible), slap a refurbished sticker on it and send it back.

1 decade ago

Doesn't sound like a problem, my dad's GPU fan does the same, not the same GPU though. it's just to reduce dust building up or whatever.
You are in my opinion very unclear about your GPU set up though, you're talking about multiple GPU's, then you link only 1 (of course the others are the same GTX 760, but are they also the same aftermarket brand?)
And did you say you had 3 GPU's? Hope you can clear this up for me so i might be able to help you further.

1 decade ago

He talked about three GPU FANS noch three GPUs xD

1 decade ago

Ah that explains... pretty sure that's faulty then. RMA it.

1 decade ago

If the card does not perform exactly as advertised, RMA it.

Since you already RMA'd it, get a refund and give a negative review. Then get a card from a different seller.

If you purchased from a local shop who refuses to give you a refund, look into a lawsuit. Don't let greedy retail scammers mess with your money.

1 decade ago

After the RMA, the card performs without any issues so far. It's just about that fan. But before I RMA'd it, it started with the fan and the pixel flickering joined later.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by bigfooty2k.