I have posted before about my mouse malfunctioning, now its double clicks every single time i press it. I also cannot drag and drop or move anything on my desktop, mouse just puts it back down, its getting nuts. I have had it for 4+ years now though so its done me well and I picked it up when a locla chain store (Dick Smiths) went under for about $35-$40 (AUD) if I recall correctly.

MY local EB GAMES has the G502 Hero Mouse for $89 AUD (which is 56USD), which is $6 cheaper than any other store, and seems like a good price.

Mouse sounds fantastic, im just worried about going back to a cord again.

I've used wireless mouse for ages now, last one I had that wasn't was the amazing G9x. Which died many many moons ago.

Any advice?

The wireless equivalent of this mouse is another $90- The g903

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hard to know if you will find it annoying, using a wired mouse i dont even notice the cord unless im moving it to a new location.

4 years ago

I've had the g502 for a good while now. I absolutely love it, hasn't malfunctioned on me and the weight is perfect (with all weights in it) :3

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

You will regret from moving wireless to wired :)
I have Logitech G900, which is wireless/wired chargeable. It's annoying to play games while wired, I'm using wired only while browsing or watching netflix. I can use it around 25-30 hours then need to switch to wired, didn't measure it but it charges quickly.

Also there is nothing wrong with wireless health-wise and performance-wise

4 years ago

I am using G402 (pretty close to 502) for a while, and it is totally ok for me.

What annoys me the most is batteries. I HATE BATTERIES.

4 years ago

I was using wireless mouse for years (Logitect M345, M600 and MX Master) but when I've got my ROG Sica I didn't noticed any problems and I'm absolutelly happy with it.
BTW, I'm still using my MX Master at office and Sica at home every day so I'm switching from one to another every day, sometimes even multiple times - no discomfort because of that =).

4 years ago

Personally I have a G203 that replaced my old MX518, and use them with a cord bungee. I prefer no batteries and the very slight tug you get from a cord (it reminds my hand where the middle of my mouse pad is)

However, that little pull you can get from a cord is not for everyone, and I imagine that if you are used to wireless then you could regret going back to wired until you get used to it again

EDIT: this prompted me to have a cheeky check, and it turns out a new version of the MX518 was recently released. Looks like I'll be getting that when my G203 finally packs in!

4 years ago*

now its double clicks every single time i press it.

Replace the button, not a mouse.

4 years ago

That's absolutely doable if you have the right switches and are handy with a soldering iron, but sadly that doesn't apply to most people I know.

4 years ago

Correct. I do not have a soldering Iron and opening the mouse alone means I need to pull of the mouse feet just to get to the screws.

Then I need to track down mouse feet, the switch, someone who can solder.etc

Ive watched peo0le fix them but its not in my wheel house of skills.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Damn, it's so strange... I've changed mouse buttons so often that I can't even imagine easier thing to fix. And not having a soldering iron in the house? You are either very happy man or very poor. It's so interesting.

4 years ago

The only person I know that has a soldering Iron is my boss's son.

He is the only one in a lot of people.

But most people I know are Chef's. Depends who you know.

4 years ago

yea... I tried to replace my button just a few days ago and I removed the copper wiring I think while soldering on the new button.

4 years ago

Trust me there is that too, even made a thread here about it myself, on a lot of mice.
https://www.google.com/search?q=g502+wheel+issues&oq=g502+wheel+issues&aqs=chrome..69i57.11320j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And most logitech keyboards will give you dead rgb's in the end (but that's pretty much with any brand).

The more fancy (cheap) junk they put in to, the more prone something fails in the end, with any applicance, like a washing machine.

4 years ago

I see the merits of wireless mice if you're using a laptop that you constantly carry around, but I've personally never been inconvenienced by the cord on a desktop PC. I don't even notice it's there, but I'd certainly notice if my mouse suddenly died because it ran out of juice. Your mileage may vary.

4 years ago*

"double clicks every single time i press it"

This issue usually has a fairly easy way to fix this. Logitech uses omniswitches, just open the switch and flatten the click button. It really isn't that hard, you can look for some tutorials on youtube.

If you're decided on buying a new one, Logitech cables are mostly braided and you can tape it to your desk while giving some head room for the cable. It shouldn't be much of a problem.

You can also put the cable below something like a speaker, mine looks like this;

View attached image.
4 years ago

Before buying a new mouse I'd recommend just taking a screwdriver and trying to fix it. You don't have any warranty left after 4 years, so what's to lose?

Open the mouse, take it apart gently. Open the buggy switch, just bend the little metal thingy, reassemble and you"re probably good to go. Just look on youtube how to open the switches and what to bend. I fixed multiple mice that way.

In case that doesn't work you could get some new switches for like 5 bucks. Then find someone to desolder the old one and put in a new one.

Or well. Throw away a perfectly good mouse and buy a new one for 90$. Your choice.

4 years ago

Then I need to track down mouse feet (you have to pull the feet off to get to the screws., the switch, someone who can solder.etc

Ive watched people fix them but its not in my wheel house of skills.

4 years ago

You can probably reuse the feet. The glue doesn't vanish from taking the feet off. Just be gentle.
And you probably won't even need a new switch. But do as you wish.

Too bad you're from Australia. Shipping alone is probably more then the price of the mouse :D

4 years ago

Feet will stick again don't worry . maybe a friend can help you with the soldering

4 years ago

I also have no other mouse to fall back on if I stuff it up. I was thinking Id get the g502 hero, then try and fix the 602 and give it to my dad.

4 years ago

I assume you have checked if it is double click settings, static charge or driver so have you tried this? I once used it for a few years to avoid the cost of a new mouse.

That said for desktop corded generally works well enough, it is for laptops that the difference is huge.

4 years ago*

Has the issue for awhile. Its common for the g602 mouse button to fail pretty quick.

Im on a fresh install of windows as of 2 days ago and hasn't made a difference.

Thanks for the program link, I just tried it and at first I though wow its working great, then it started happening again and the program doesn't help sadly.

4 years ago

the left click on my G502 died in a few months I didn't even bother RMAing it, just bought another non logitech mouse, I've had enough of their 'quality' products (it was the third logitech mouse that died on me in a relatively short time)

4 years ago

Definitely don't make them like they used to. I had a Logitech MX518, not the remake, the original I got in 2005, only just started having problems with it so thought I'd go for an update. Bought a G502 Hero and even though it has some awesome features it just feels like a plastic toy compared to that old MX518, can't see it lasting even 2 years let alone 15.

4 years ago

Not at all. Every mouse should have a tail. ;)

4 years ago

It really depends on your desk configuration and kind of clutter you usually have around your computer. If you have enough space for the cord to lie without interfering with anything when you move the mouse, I'd wager you wouldn't notice much difference if at all. I'd also say that mouse shape and button layout will take more getting used to than having a cord.
Now with all that said if your mouse is otherwise fine in terms of wear and tear I strongly recommend fixing it because that just sounds like old worn out microswitches and the mouse should work for another 4 years if not more. If going to a repair shop for a simple switch replacement is not an option due to quarantine or other reasons, you can try this fix: https://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/ There's no soldering involved, but it's VERY fiddly to put the flat spring back into the switch. I personally used this method on several mice including my personal one (G9x too :)) and it still works 4 years later, though I had to repeat the procedure about 18 months after the first time. But that's not for everyone since fitting the tiny flat spring back in can be a pain.
There's a guide on fixing G602 specifically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8Zzn0oxMQ although it's not a very good one it can give you good idea whether it's something you'd be comfortable trying or not.

4 years ago*

[I feel your pain, as ffter 5+ years of hard use, my logitech m560 is trying to bite the dust. As a result, I've spent the last 6 months looking and wondering myself. ;-) ]
I am seriously and strongly considering at the g602 or the upgraded g604. I'd recommend you check out the g604, as it adds the option of bluetooth capability + a tilting wheel but it is otherwise similar to the g602.
I'm also considering the Corsair Dark Core (non-SE) mouse, but it lacks the tilt wheel, which I use literally daily. Consider this, as it goes on sale about $60 USD. However, it does lack storage for the dongle, which is a big plus for logitech mice.

If the price is reasonable, the G502 also comes in a wireless format.

Not to derail the topic, but if anyone knows if the g604 bluetooth does indeed work with win 7 pro, this knowledge would be appreciated.

4 years ago

if anyone knows if the g604 bluetooth does indeed work with win 7 pro

It is not officially supported:

Bluetooth mode: Bluetooth-enabled device with Windows 8 or later

But you should never use a gaming mouse with bluetooth:

LIGHTSPEED Wireless report rate: 1000 Hz (1ms)
Bluetooth report rate: 88-133 Hz (7.5-11.25 ms)

The main 2 differences between gaming and office/home mouses are the higher polling rate and the configurable DPI. 133 Hz is only a little more than the 125 Hz standard USB polling rate, not adequate for gaming.

4 years ago

Thank youfor the info, especially regarding the polling time.
My laptop (Win 7 Pro) also has BT 4.2 built-in, and I know some things work with OS's/programs that they don't officially support.

Yes, if I was using it for gaming, I'd use the Lightspeed mode, but there are many times (like browsing SG, wikipedia, etc) when i would be fine with the bluetooth response times, and it would save a USB port. As I said, I am currently using a M560, which is by no means a gaming mouse, but works well enough (though I desire the variable DPI options and sometimes want the faster response time of a gaming mouse). As it is, the unifying receiver always uses one USB port, and the cooling pad uses another, leaving me quite limited for when I wish to plug more than one other item in.

4 years ago

I can't find a reason why bluetooth shouldn't work with that particular model on Windows 7, you could buy it if there's the possibility to return it.

EDIT: I have found this. But maybe the support for bluetooth 4 can be forced/overrided with a driver. Do you have any other BT 4 device running with your laptop?

4 years ago*

Thank you for that info. My laptop's user guide states that the intel chip (Wireless-AC 8260) definitely does support BT 4.1, but I can, as you said, always try the mouse and return it if it doesn't work.

I do not have any BT devices running now. The only time I've ever used BT was to connect my 2G phone to transfer pics.
I do appreciate your hunting and your response!

A reviewer reviewed my laptop when it came out and noted that it had BT 4.2, but didn't actually test it. :(

3 years ago*

Well all.

I tried for 2 hours to put the metal part back in as videos show (well not show they bloody edit that bit out for some reason, the only own who does show how to do do it has the switch in his hand not a switch mounted between a scroll wheel and the 2 side switches). After 2 hours it was together again and didn't click at all. Took it out, tried to reseat it for an hour, and then it broke but was so bent out of shape I doubt it would ever work. All this money on mouses and its all down to a bit of tin foil.

Tomorrow I will go get the Hero 502.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.