Here's Far Cry 3 Standard Edition + Lost Expeditions für 700RUB / 17,40€ / 22,47$:
click

and the Deluxe Edition for 900RUB / 22,37€ / 28,88$:
click

The text says something like "Warning! English version. Russian version will be available in early December".

Also I heard it's region free, but no guarantee on that! What do you think about this deal?

Does anyone know for sure if the game is region locked or not?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

1 decade ago

Well, Steam version have same ID.
But, remember those keys are for uplay, not steam. And uplay might work differently.
And AFAIK uplay only guarantee 30 days of download, after that, you need to might need to have your own source of game.

1 decade ago

I have a question: Can you even redeem game keys at Uplay?

1 decade ago

Nope. Or at least, not exactly. You have to download the game, start it and then you put the key. There is no actual key redeem option directly on the client.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

1 decade ago

If they are, then nice. But, I can't really find any info it actually is for steam.

And, for example, Xcom have "Активация: Steam".

1 decade ago

where does it say it is for steam?

is that site legit?

1 decade ago

the site may be legit, but the keys are definitely for uplay.

1 decade ago

There are no uPlay keys. You probably get a download link and then it works the same like Uplay with Steam.

1 decade ago

"AFAIK uplay only guarantee 30 days of download, after that, you need to might need to have your own source of game." you talking about UBI SHOP.

1 decade ago

Could be. I wrote AFAIK, right? And Ubi have weird ideas, making 2, or maybe even 3 different platforms/services for same thing.

But, I guess it's Ubi.

1 decade ago

Ah right, I didn't even see that it does not say Steam anywhere on the site. Mh, maybe I'll wait with the purchase then, just to be sure to buy the right thing...

1 decade ago

Its not steamworks. I alredy preordered at GMG but found out there's no steam so I got a refund.

1 decade ago

The only thing I still wonder about is that Steam gives out Steam-keys but no other online-shop seems to have Steam-activateable keys. But since you are forced to use uPlay it doesn't really matter, I suppose.
Is it the same with AC3? That you can't buy Steam-keys anywhere but directly on Steam?

1 decade ago

Jep, although others say they've seen steam keys for AC3 on Amazon. It's Ubisoft! No steam keys you idiots!

1 decade ago

But why is it even on Steam? Or: Why can't Valve distrivute Steam-activateable keys to other shops?

1 decade ago

The devs can get keys but AFAIK keys are only available for Steamworks games (games that require Steam). Valve doesn't distribute keys.

1 decade ago

Amazon did get Steam Keys for Prototype (not Steamworks game). So, I guess it's possible for them to make some deals about that.

1 decade ago

Bump: Bought the game on yuplay.ru today. No option found for changing the language yet. Also, yuplay updated their page for Far Cry 3 and now it doesn't say anything about English anymore. I'm redownloading from uPlay at the moment, we'll see what happens.

1 decade ago

you can download from here dude: http://cdkeyshere.com/files/farcry3_downloader.zip

Download iso from there and activate with you're key..

1 decade ago

Can anyone confirm if the cddiski version is in english?

EDIT: The comment on http://www.cddiski.ru/support/ seems to suggest it is. I've ordered a copy. I'll update with details once I receive the code.

1 decade ago

Purchased this morning for £14 (via PayPal, which includes a 10% fee) and received the key this afternoon. I had to login to the website and within the order details section is a link to a photograph of a game box with the key printed on a label. It definitely looks to be a legitimate copy, just foreign.

Downloaded the Ubisoft download manager from their website, downloaded the game and installed. Once installed if you open uPlay you will see the game listed along with any others you own and an icon showing it's unregistered. I entered the code and could then launch the game (in english!).

I've just tried logging into my uPlay account on another PC and the game shows like all the others I've bought and provides the option to download as normal. I'm going to download another copy on this second PC to double check it will again download the english version.

So far so good. I'd definitely recommend cddiski.

EDIT: Installed on 2nd PC. Game installed in English. Perfect :D

1 decade ago

Am I still getting just the normal copy I buy it?
I dont want to waste my money on russian text...

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by flip972.