https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/iMdJl/ducktales-remastered

871 games categorized
326 games hidden

Hidden games include:
trash (Brilliant Bob)
games I just don't like (Binding of Isaac)
games I finished and will never play again (Hero of the Kingdom)
games I tried and got some enjoyment out of but am not interested enough to finish (Inside the Gear)
"duplicate" games (Fallout 3 when I also have the GOTY version)

Non-hidden games are sorted into 69 categories, including the Favorites category. Many games appear in more than one category.
I sort by:
genre (jRPG, ARPG, Twin Stick Shooter, etc.)
series and sets (Batman, Bethesda, GTA, etc.)
common elements (Zombies, Dragons, Space, etc.)
I have some special categories like Kickstarter Early Versions and Free To Play (so there's a place for Path of Exile whenever I reinstall it).
I use the Favorites list for games I return to often. It's a pretty short list - a dozen or less.
I have a category called Want To Play which is a kind of on-deck list. Games I'm excited about. Some are installed and in process. It's my go-to category when I sit down to play.

In the past I tried 3rd party utilities that analyze your library and use Steam tags to sort your games. But that was a waste. Steam tags suck. So, I've been sorting by hand here and there in odd moments for over a year. And now I'm done! I even went back through the Hidden games to make sure I haven't accidentally hidden some. And I had! So I saved those from Oblivion.

How do you handle your Steam library hot mess?

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How do you categorize your Steam library?

View Results
Not at all. Just one big long scrolling list.
I use the Favorites category but that's all.
I use categories but I'll never get every game categorized.
A place for everything and everything in its place.
Other - please explain

I dont like how steam categorize games. Actually it's just a tag system. I mean I categorized game by their initial letters (A, B, C,...). Also I'd like that games of a series should be nested into the initials letter category (ex CIV IV, CIV V and CIV VI should be under the CIV category that in turn should be under the C letter category). I guess there's not a way to do that... Steam simply duplicates the games in multiple category which is a mess in the expanded view.

5 years ago

I've got a few categories and I'm going game by game to see where I should put them. Doubt it'll ever be complete but having fun nonetheless.

5 years ago

I only use some small, for games, what I have installed.
The rest do this:
https://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/

5 years ago

That is still dependent on Steam tags, though. And I find those unhelpful.

5 years ago

I just hide games that I will never play. (shovelwares that I got just because of cards).

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

5 years ago

4174/4174 games sorted. I am using Favorites to display all currently installed games as well as those which I plan on downloading very soon.

View attached image.
5 years ago

wow respect!
I would sort my 7,5k+ games too, but it's toooooo much :/

5 years ago

Depends on my rating of the game (exceptional, great, good, ok, meh, terrible)

5 years ago

I don't know why I have +Games to have the games that I like instead of using Favorites
And there's two instances of Games because of the default one (I either got lazy to sort or I can't decide where it would go)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Can you categorize my 7550 games too? :)

5 years ago

$1 per game, 750 game minimum, payable in advance.

5 years ago

sounds fair. DEAL :D

5 years ago

Here's your categorized games:
7550 games = Your Games
13450 games = Not Your Games

You can send my payment via paypal.

5 years ago

i tried to categorize it
even using tools
but 6k games are too much

5 years ago

I did this once, back when I had around 600 games (now >3K). It was perfect. I loved it.

Then I installed Steam on the new machine and the categories didn't transfer over. In fact, after I closed Steam on the new machine the lack of categories transferred back over to the other machine AND ERASED EVERYTHING THAT I HAD.

So yeah, not really motivated to go through the effort again, knowing that the way Steam synchronizes things can just wipe out all of your work. Bite me, Steam. 🖕😤

[See? Now I'm all wound up. Thanks for bringing this up. Time to go drinkin'. 😁😅🍻]

5 years ago

I've heard a couple mention this, but I have not experienced it. And I use multiple computers with my steam account. I wonder what causes it?

5 years ago

Don't know, but it was really disheartening. I'm sure there's a way to back up these settings by just making a local copy of some of the folders, but I haven't looked into it yet.

5 years ago

Favorites/Beaten/garbage that I regret

5 years ago

Achievements/No achievements. 100% completed/Not completed.

5 years ago

I am categorizing them at the moment and about to test/play every single game too while doing it! Gonna take some time :P

Uh and thank you for nice ga! :-)

5 years ago*

Mostly "soon to be used" and the rest. :P

5 years ago

nice GA. too bad I have it. anyway, I am planning on doing this real soon too!

5 years ago

one folder for games where i earned all achievements
one folder for games which dont have achievements
one folder for games where some or all achievements bugged/not working
one folder for games i dont want to play
one folder for shameful achievementspam games i would never play and i would purge their developers if purge would exist:-D
one folder for games i played but not got to 100% achievements
one folder VR games because even if they have own folder valve still put them once again in simple games base folder
one folder for games i want to play
one folder for games i want to play but there are achievements which require DLCs
one folder for games what looks fun and perhaps once ill play it (well, these for games what looks fun, but not 100% sure i would play but dont want to move to not want to plays either)

all ~4400 games organized this way, well, doing it since the beginning and doing it asap when buying new bundles so it not looked as a huge job, i guess it would take some times if someone would start it from scratch.

5 years ago

I've got the favorites for games I do like/love, a "To Play Later" for my backlog and the rest remain in the "All games" default category which I keep hidden.

5 years ago

I class my games like that:
-Favorites (Borderlands, Rocket League, Shadow of mordor, ...)
-In progress
-To begin (all games by default)
-Finished
-Finished and replayables
-Finished at 100% with all achievements and replayable
-Finished at 100% with all achivements and unreplayable
-Unfinished but all achivements
-Shitty games with achivements broken
-Shitty games that I never replay
-Playing appreciated
-Unlaunchables on win 7 (to go back latter)
-Win xp (for my hollidays netbook: Syberia,...)
-Hidden games (2 games)

I never add a game to in progress if I'm under 50% in average. I don't erase games begin unless it's really a shitty game.
I have 55 games in progress with 15 near the end but with different difficulties to finish (I miss the last achievement of cat on diet)
I can't start some games cause of lack of space on my PC.

5 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.