Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater® HD last chance to get it the game will be retired from the store on July 17th.

80% cut hurry up boys!

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

resourse?

6 years ago

Found it on the community hub.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/30612/

6 years ago

What's weird is Valve doesn't normally make these kind of announcements.

6 years ago

Virtua Tennis 4 got same one week warning about game remove and same -80% cut.

6 years ago

Too bad we can't buy lots of copies, huh?

6 years ago

6 years ago

He's talking about buying copies and putting it into his inventory which steam doesn't let you do anymore. i would of done the same

6 years ago

Yeah, I know, my point is that the only way to buy lots of copies of anything now is to go through third-party retailers.

6 years ago

And the DLC ? it's not on sale :/

6 years ago

it was in the summer sale. 50% i think.

6 years ago

Damn, I still lack the DLC on PSN. Guess I'll have to grab it this week.

6 years ago

Happy Cakeday

6 years ago

Thanks

6 years ago

Happy cakeday

6 years ago

Happy cake day!

6 years ago

Happy Cake Day Delta! ^^

6 years ago

Ah. Licenses for the music expiring then ?

Can't say I'm going to miss this version with it's piss-poor physics though.

6 years ago

piss-poor physics

I was about to ask if it was worth it, i guess ill pass.

music expiring

They could do what SEGA does, forget this title, and later release the original version without the original Soundtrack.
EDIT: Why worry about licenses, when the community will work to put the OST back in anyway

6 years ago*

Are you talking about what they did to Crazy Taxi?
I still have my Dreamcast copies of CT 1 and 2, plus CT 3 for the original XBOX. Fun games. Would love to see a proper PC release of the entire trilogy with soundtracks intact.

6 years ago

Not just crazy taxi, Jet set Radio is missing some songs as well, Rob Zombie was in the original OST.
you can check the steam community page , and find a guide on how to add the songs.
So, as long as the original title is there, there's a way

6 years ago

its because Activision is losing the Tony Hawk License, so i would expect everything Tony Hawk to disappear, dosent mean much on PC.

6 years ago

dont think ill bother. My gut reaction is always GOTTA GRAB IT BEFORE ITS GONE... but really... by all accounts its not a very good release, and im not a collector, so meh ill pass. Let it die.

6 years ago

Going to chime in and say I really enjoy THPS HD on PC. Haven't had any issues with it being buggy or a horrible port. Granted, the only previous game I had played in the series was the OG THPS on the PS1, so I wasn't expecting any bells or whistles from subsequent releases.

I'm going to buy the DLC now because I think the base game is a ton of clean, casual fun for a PC only player. Don't want to miss out on the (apparently) awesome levels that are only in the DLC.

6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!

I probably would have picked this up, but unfortunately the DLC isn't on sale along with it. It kind of seems like the DLC should have been included given that it e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶t̶s̶ (reverts apparently got added to base game at some point) and includes 3 of my favorite and most memorable maps from the THPS series. As it stands, I think I'll just make do with my old console versions.

6 years ago*

it was on sale during summer sale for 50%

6 years ago

Can I borrow your time machine? :)

If you're a Humble monthly subscriber, you can at least get it there for 10% off. Since there's time until July 17, might be worth waiting and seeing if it goes on sale on other storefronts still.

6 years ago

Reverts are still in the game wihout the DLC. The DLC adds the 3 maps from THPS 3 and 2 characters.

6 years ago

Good to know, cheers for the correction. I guess they updated the base game with it after releasing the DLC?

6 years ago

You are right. Naming the DLC "Reverse" was just a bad decision.

6 years ago

Played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on PS1, fucking loved the game! Whoever buys this one, hope they enjoy it :D

6 years ago

Snagged it, thanks.

6 years ago

I got some cash to burn and the last TH game I played was THUG 2 (my personal favorite) so I will pick this up and just get the DLC as well since I have $32 in Steam Wallet.

6 years ago

Isnt that game complete garbage tho ?
Edit: Nvm its another Tony Hawk im thinking of

6 years ago

HD is still pretty damn poor. 5 on PS4 / XBox One is the garbage game, even if some others were rather awful (the motion board games for example).

5 on PS3 / 360 is actually better than HD, since the physics are right for the series. Happy I got that at an okay price (US$15). :P

6 years ago

Happy cake day!

6 years ago

6 years ago*

I had the PS1 version of that, until my brother 'borrowed' it. I never got it back, I was given excuses on how he kept forgetting to bring it for months and then 'it was stolen'. >:(

I still have the PS2 games (except for THPS4 and the Disney game using the THPS4 engine), but my system died less than two weeks ago. I had a spare, but my brother...

Sometimes I really hate my family.

6 years ago

HURRY! LET'S BUY TONS OF COPIES TO TRADE THEM LA.... oh.

6 years ago

Hmm..I don't think this was the one I was obsessed with as a kid. Two bucks is hard to pass on for the only TH game on Steam though.. :/

6 years ago

Still have my copy of THPS 1 on psx, and I think #2 as well

6 years ago

if anyone wants to buy me one in the spirit of steam gifts hahahahaha. Im Joking but will be very grateful if someone actually does it.

6 years ago

That kind of joke is rarely ever taken as so here. You can be suspended for begging, even if you are joking...

Too late XD

6 years ago*

one week remains

6 years ago

Bought, just for nostalgia's sake.

Even if the physics are fucked up I think I might be able to get a couple hours of fun at least.

6 years ago

It's $2
No idea why you didn't post a link to it.

6 years ago

I remember play a lot the Tony Hawk's games from playstation, my poor thumbs, for the good memories to the library, thanks for the heads up!

6 years ago

I'm glad to not buy that earlier. 80% off for a wishlisted game is a very good deal IMO.
Well... I think I'll miss only the DLC. Is there any chance to have the DLC discount before it goes away?

6 years ago

I doubt it unless they give a deal for owning it.Though maybe the DLC itself will stay just the game will not be sold.Like Alan Wake and others have done.The DLC is just revert pack so that itself should not need a license to sell.

Though to be safe if you do collect it or one to want to have all DLC then it's best to buy it now.

6 years ago

The DLC is just revert pack so that itself should not need a license to sell.

You think that, maybe, the DLC don't get removed?

6 years ago

I'm not sure since I do not know for sure why the game is being removed is it music license, tony hawk license? or just because it's not selling well though I doubt that is the reason.

The DLC...

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 (Airport, Los Angeles, and Canada). Skateboarding legends Steve Caballero and Geoff Rowley make their return to the world of Tony Hawk games and James Hetfield and Robert Trujillo from Metallica make a surprise appearance

So even if for some reason the DLC would stay even that most likely would be on borrowed time unless those who allowed them to use their likeness gave them a lifetime license.

In the end, it's really up to you to decide but if you really do want to have the complete package you better buy it soon just in case.It does not seem like it really offers much to the game other then new parks and well if you want to play as one those people.I would skip it if you really not a collector.

6 years ago

Was better to buy it during the summer sale IMO. 75% off for the base game, but at least the DLC had a 50% off discount.. The DLC is essential so buying the base game at 80% off and DLC at full price is a worse deal..

6 years ago

Why the DLC is essential?

6 years ago

I don't see any fun on THPS 3... I don't think the DLC is essential at all IMO.
A "plus" maybe, but definitively not essential (specially when it adds only 3 tracks and 2 skaters).

6 years ago

Some people consider the tracks in the DLC to be the best in the game, so that would be reason enough to own it. I don't know if I'd pay full price though

6 years ago

I'll honestly have to think about... after to see some serious reviews about the DLC. :P

6 years ago

According to reviews this is not just a straight graphical upgrade. It was built from a new engine and has its own bugs/glitches/clipping issues and some are saying it doesn't really feel like the original. Some/a lot of the original music is missing and replaced with crap. One person said you can't skip the music when you're in-game. Some of the skaters from the original are missing and the game added two unknown characters to the roster (apparently real people that won some contest and got to be characters in the game). Controls are unrebindable and they always display as keyboard controls even if you're using controller which is a classic sign of lazy, sloppy developing. Some moves like wall-riding are a lot harder to do in this version. Grinding or multi-grinding does not accelerate you like it did in the original. Etc. etc....

One reviewer said there was some issue with 'reverts' which I don't remember what that was. He said reverts (which are only available in the DLC) are binded to the same button that performs spins so you'll be doing two moves with the same button which will screw up your game.

I remember I loved playing the original THPS but this version doesn't look like it'll bring back those good memories.

6 years ago

on the original, the "revert" button was also the "spin" button. (at least on N64 and GameCube, IIRC) and the keys never were rebindable so I don't think it's a problem (maybe because I played from the 1st one to Americaon Wasteland before it got bad).

6 years ago

Only played 2nd on Dreamcast, and then had American Wasteland. Now that one I would, definitely, grab.

6 years ago

The only good console ;>

*cackles*

6 years ago

Transformers is also 80%, people are worried that might be removed as well since sale ends the same day. But no way to tell for sure.

6 years ago

Those are on my wishlist, but not really in my budget currently. If anyone has any more info, please post :)

6 years ago

Same here, if I have to spend on those, that's going to be a big purchase.

6 years ago

Don't say that, I can't afford those overpriced games :(

6 years ago

Time to bring the good TH Games on Steam! :D

6 years ago

Happy Cake Day buddy! :-)

6 years ago

thanks Mate :3

6 years ago

You're so welcome! :3

6 years ago

Happy Cake Day!

6 years ago

thanks hehe :)

6 years ago

Not sure if I've played this one. I think the only Tony Hawk game I played was on N64.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.