Hey hey hey. So, if you guys didn't know, Starbound is the spiritual successor of Terraria. They have finally thrown us some meat about pricing and pre-orders that I thought some of you guys would like to know!

http://playstarbound.com/store/

Free Avian Tier - A forum badge for those who Tweet about the game
$15 Pixel Tier - beta (non-Steam, when it's ready) + base game (Steam, when it's ready) + 66 sound tracks
4 pack available, probably $45-50
$20 Silver Tier - All of the above + Penguin forum badge
4 pack available, probably $60
$45 Gold Tier - All of the above + Name an NPC
Diamond Tier - All of the above + Name in credits
Platinum Tier - All of the above + Design a hat
Solarium Tier - All of the above except you design a weapon (its design, how it fires/swings) instead of a hat
~$2000 Impervium Tier - All of the above except no hat/weapon + get a statue of yourself in the game as an object

Info about pricing can be found on their forums here *Prices may change, launch price will be higher
Newer screenshots and info about what progress has been made can be found on their shiny, new ROADMAP.
Chance to name your own STAR over at Reddit
If you have an account/sign up, there is a char creator available here
New teaser video
Some gun effects

Do you think $15 is a fair base price? Will you guys be pre-ordering it? A 4-pack with some friends? Who else is getting the Impervium Tier?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

if the four pack has a nice price, i could be in if somebody need another friend for it :)

1 decade ago

Got like 3'ish people for the pixel tier 4-pack atm, so I'd be interested in that ;). I think Group Buys will come in handy for these 4-packs ^^

1 decade ago

i'd be into the pixel pack

1 decade ago

How many people have you found? I might be interested joining in.

1 decade ago

And right around the time I may be finally getting a job. Getting this in a month.

1 decade ago

finally
also, cant access store, says it requires user and pass

1 decade ago

That's because they're still working on it

1 decade ago

Nice!

1 decade ago

About time

1 decade ago

your link wants me to log in as admin?

1 decade ago

Try the new one!

1 decade ago

Change the title

1 decade ago

Thanks, forgot to update

1 decade ago

Just came to post this. First thing I've preordered in years. The soundtrack is awesome too!

Also they made 30k in under an hour! Hopefully that'll keep up and we'll see the beta very soon :)

1 decade ago

No Impervium yet, lol! Yeah, I never listen to or download any soundtracks but Ultramarine is pretty nifty

1 decade ago

check again buddy! someone bought an impervium and 1 solarium got sold too!

1 decade ago

In.

1 decade ago

i would pre-order but it will most likely drop to $4.99 or $2.49 around the 6 month mark so is it woth it to throw $10+ away?

1 decade ago

The beta I would imagine.

1 decade ago

This gets a DRM free copy too.

1 decade ago

Its also to support the developers.

1 decade ago

Thats also my buying strategy

1 decade ago

anyone care to chip in to buy the 1k tier and fill the game with dick?(like movie idiocracy's rehabilitation execution trucks i mean, not real pixel phallis)(kidding obviously, but wonder what standards they'd screen out names like that, they don't mention reserving the right to do so on the page... will $45 buy the name "Leigh Spreader"?)

1 decade ago

YESH Gold is mina!!!!

1 decade ago

No point in pre-ordering without bonuses (except If I really know the game)

1 decade ago

There's a discount, that counts as something no ?

1 decade ago

I think most of the 4 packs I see are priced @ 3 copies, but they are selling 4pack @ 60$ but with 25% disc. So It doesn't count for me

Even though it is priced @ 33.75$ (45$ with 25% disc) I wouldn't still buy it, I don't know the franchise so can't blame me not being interested with it.

1 decade ago

This is alright, but I would encourage you to read more about it and take a look at the roadmap. The game is pretty ambitious (universe with randomly generated planets and monsters!) and the devs have volunteered a lot of information on the game and their progress. A lot of us are excited cause we think the game will be really good based on that, and by giving them money its more likely they can do more work and maybe release it earlier.

Plus if you liked Terraria there's very little to think that this won't be similar, if not better. But at least you're aware of it now, maybe you'll buy it on steam at the end of the year =)

1 decade ago

beta access and soundtrack are bonuses

1 decade ago

then those are super duper weak bonuses

1 decade ago

standard bonuses you mean. Its a indie game, what were you expecting exactly?

1 decade ago

nothing really, tbh I'm just on the verge of POing this one, it's just I'll be busy in skullgirls beta instead that's why I'm more inclined to get starbound instead when it is released in steam w/ 50%+ disc

1 decade ago

I got myself the diamond tier. I would go for a higher one, but the price jump from diamond to platinum is too steep.

1 decade ago

bu-but you're crossbourne! D:

1 decade ago

The slayer of Indie Galas.

Also I found this quite amusing.

1 decade ago

LOL. I thought no one would find that.

And fadillzzz, I might be me, but even I have my limits. :P

1 decade ago

goodbye social life

1 decade ago

It looks nice :)

1 decade ago

thanks for the info!

1 decade ago

I bought the pre-order about 5 minutes after I received the e-mail that told me that it was open. Wish I could pay more for it, but I really don't have all too much extra money, maybe when I get some more I'll pre-order at a higher tier to help support the developers.

1 decade ago

Do you mean that the beta is already available?

1 decade ago

No, I believe he means he was subbed to their newsletter and they auto-emailed him when preorders became available. Beta is not out yet, if you did pre-order they will email you from whichever email you used for the Humble key.

1 decade ago

Ok, thanks. I was hoping I didn't miss an important e-mail.

1 decade ago

Looks uber shit. Dont get the hype. Moving on.

1 decade ago

What's the difference between this and Terraria, this game looks exactly the same.

1 decade ago

there's a video on youtube that compared the two

1 decade ago

Lots of new totally different stuff. The weapons, creatures and planets are all procedurally generated. This means that they will all be unique. It has planets and vehicles and stuff. Water works differently. It looks kind of like a reimagined Terraria. Read stuff on there website and you should begin to get an idea of the difference.

1 decade ago

Hey Arch, here is a video of some reasons that was from 5 months ago, alot more info is available but it gives you an idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5mt1pMuaI

1 decade ago

is 15 the retail price? or is it gonna go up once the game is finished

1 decade ago

launch price is supposed to go up

1 decade ago

What Mongoose said, think it was confirmed. Can't see it going up more then $5-$10, but I'd say the beta is worth it. Maybe wait to see what people think of the beta and hopefully preorders will still be available if you are on the fence

1 decade ago

Who the hell actually pays that much for a game ? That's even more retarded than paying hundred of € for a TF2 hat .

1 decade ago

Congratulations sir. You are officially stupid.

1 decade ago

well it's his opinion

1 decade ago

hes just a poor romanian

1 decade ago

Nope , you are stupid for paying more than 10€ for a fucking video game that's not even that good .

1 decade ago

Game isn't even out yet... how can you say whether or not it is good? >.>

1 decade ago

I haven't bought it. And you missed the point. So you are double stupid.

2-1 I'm ahead.

1 decade ago

just an average fps player

1 decade ago

You mean an average steam sale hunter :)

1 decade ago

pre-ordered a pixel tier, I loved terraria and should love this

1 decade ago

My personal opinion,

Worth 15 bucks? Nope. Since this game sux so hard in terms of graphic, I wouldn't call it 15 bucks worthy.

5 might be more apt.

1 decade ago

Have you ever played Terraria? Are you also aware of the gamer code that is games aren't always measured on graphics but the gameplay? Just thought I would ask these questions...

1 decade ago

I own Terraria and have played it for hours. Check my Steam page.

I also played To the Moon and enjoyed it.

Gameplay alone won't make it up unless the mechanic is extraordinary (or like To the Moon - Storyline).

1 decade ago

Oh game sux in grphiacs o no buy games graphics sux huehuehue. Gameplay is the important part you s...!

1 decade ago

No. Form an opinion than insulting, genius boy.

1 decade ago

Yeah so it proceduraly generates a galaxy with a huge amount of star systems, creatures, an insane amount of weapons, towns, cities, dungeons, gives you an upgradable ship, a starbase that you can upgrade, vehicles and much more and you bitch and say it sucks because you don't like the graphics style? Who the hell are you to even decide that their game is not worth 15$? Don't like the price? Don't buy, no one's forcing you, but don't insult their work just because you're a cheapskate.

And no, don't say it's just an opinion, you stated it as matter of fact.

1 decade ago

Speaks someone who has entered 4k GAs. And speaks someone who only has 100 ish games. Nice. Who's the bloody cheapskate or poor?

1 decade ago

I literally lold irl. Yes my friend because steam is the only way you can have games right? If you look in my library it only has games that REQUIRE a steam activation to play like Shogun 2 TW or games that were in bundles or are in digital format only. I actually still prefer to buy my games in physical format, call me old fashioned lmao, and i also like to buy them, when i can, in DRM free form from GOG. The fact that i live in a country were the average monthly pay is 300 euros(in a good job) does not help either trust me. But hey, your 480+ games steam library must really be helping with your e-peen right? Too bad it does not change the fact that you're a douche.

P.S Since when is being poor a crime?

1 decade ago

The graphics of Terraria are pretty good. These are similar.

1 decade ago

Thank you for posting this opinion. Now I can post to say that, in my opinion, your opinion is a bad one and quite dumb.

The graphics are better than terraria's. Do you mean you just don't like the art style?

Also take a look at the roadmap. The features for this game are pretty ambitious, and gameplay sounds like it'll be super fun.

Your opinion seems therefore ill-informed.

1 decade ago

I'm well knowledgeable on gaming. Yours pales in comparison.

You'd think I will take seriously an insult? =)

1 decade ago

No, its just an opinion of an opinion. We're all entitled to them. There didn't really seem to be a reason you thought it wasn't worth the price besides "bad graphics", which I disagree with. Can you elaborate? Is it because its pixel art, or you don't like the art style, or something else?

Also I'd be interested to hear by what metric one compares being "knowledgeable on gaming". Seriously, please.

1 decade ago

Calling opinion as dumb is not offensive? Seriously? Fix your manner first before we debate.

Calling it bad, however, is ok. Dumb is not even ok in my books. Get out of my sight.

1 decade ago

Honestly, no, it doesn't seem all that offensive to me. I didn't call you dumb personally, just your opinion. It's an internet disagreement, maybe grow a tougher skin? It doesn't seem like you have much of a reason for it other than "I don't like the way it looks" anyway, even when I asked you to clarify, seriously.

This train is incredibly off-topic now, so I'm just going to stop here in any case. Hope you play the game someday though!

1 decade ago

While its true its not exactly pushing the envelope as far as graphics are concerned one should value a game based on how enjoyable it is. This game looks like it will be just as enjoyable if not more so than many new $60 games and if you look at it that way $15 isnt that expensive.

1 decade ago

I like peanuts.

1 decade ago

I hope you know the art styles between Terraria and Starbound are just about the same...

1 decade ago

Oh man its so cheap to preorder too! I am definitely getting two games one for my son and the other for myself. We both love Terraria and we still play it from time to time my son more than anything. I sort of lost interest after being 'twinked' out and having everything possible so the only way I get a kick out of it now is to restart a world fresh and play hardcore. This is such a surprise especially to see on steamgifts cause I have been checking this games progress for a long time and my son and I are very excited for it cause we knew right away after checking it out for a bit that it was going to be the next big thing that terraria was and looooove the sci-fi space aspect of it since that is basically my knack atm especially since I watch shows like star trek next generation w00t w00t.

Anyway I'm happy that you are all just as excited and I hope it turns out to be the great game it looks like and I hope it comes out soon! (or the beta at least ;p)

1 decade ago

Hey Pun! Did you see the new update coming to Terraria soon? Should provide a bit of replay value as they say its going to be bigger then 1.1 patch! video

1 decade ago

Waiting for that patch still. Hope they make something big! I'm waiting to have some money, I'll definitively going to pre-purchase Starbound. Also, it comes with the beta-access + steam key (when available) and the Soundtrack. Simply awesome

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Sklurm.