Hey hey hey. So, if you guys didn't know, Starbound is the spiritual successor of Terraria. They have finally thrown us some meat about pricing and pre-orders that I thought some of you guys would like to know!

http://playstarbound.com/store/

Free Avian Tier - A forum badge for those who Tweet about the game
$15 Pixel Tier - beta (non-Steam, when it's ready) + base game (Steam, when it's ready) + 66 sound tracks
4 pack available, probably $45-50
$20 Silver Tier - All of the above + Penguin forum badge
4 pack available, probably $60
$45 Gold Tier - All of the above + Name an NPC
Diamond Tier - All of the above + Name in credits
Platinum Tier - All of the above + Design a hat
Solarium Tier - All of the above except you design a weapon (its design, how it fires/swings) instead of a hat
~$2000 Impervium Tier - All of the above except no hat/weapon + get a statue of yourself in the game as an object

Info about pricing can be found on their forums here *Prices may change, launch price will be higher
Newer screenshots and info about what progress has been made can be found on their shiny, new ROADMAP.
Chance to name your own STAR over at Reddit
If you have an account/sign up, there is a char creator available here
New teaser video
Some gun effects

Do you think $15 is a fair base price? Will you guys be pre-ordering it? A 4-pack with some friends? Who else is getting the Impervium Tier?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I hope I can get some $$$ soon so I can get a pre-order copy.

1 decade ago

Yay, a new race and fossils are next.

1 decade ago

price = s*cks

1 decade ago

game = r*cks

1 decade ago

apparently the price is socks and the game is ricks.. hm okay.

1 decade ago

Why'd people vote for fossils instead of a badass hardcore mode as penguins! :(

Although I do like the fossils well enough. Oh well, just have to wait for post-release to get the penguin update.

e: jeez please stop complaining about the price, it's completely fair

edit2: of my edit so it doesnt seem so accusatory. I don't want to put others off of maybe helping the devs :(

1 decade ago

I think you got the sheepy virus.

How can you fucking say that's its worth the price without having access to the game.
This is like saying, someone releasing a trailer asking for 30$ for early access and runs with your money.

I'm not saying that the devs will run, but you got the point

1 decade ago

Well it's annoying that people complain about the price. They are doing it "Kickstarter" style and have said that. I don't see people complaining about Kickstarters that do the same thing.

1 decade ago

I dont know what the 'sheepy virus' is supposed to mean, but I said fair, not "worth it". I don't know if the game is going to be good or not obviously, cause I haven't played any of it. But every indicator about this game seems that it will come out just fine and be pretty good:

• Most of the core of the game is done already
  • The devs are respectable and have worked on other completed projects
  • The devs release a ton of information
  • The mechanics are ambitious and intriguing (e.g.- randomly generated planets, universes, and even monsters)

And yet people keep whining that the preorder price is too high at $15 bucks, for seemingly no other reason than that they want to pay less for it. If you want to wait for a Steam sale, sure that's fine, but the current preorder price isn't really exorbitant, so people complaining about it over and over again is really annoying.

1 decade ago

ye, because of this comment I guess I'll wait for a year for its price to drop to 75%.

not gonna follow the hype train

1 decade ago

This is cool, I'm fine with this. I like the hype, but I get that others don't. Sorry that I didn't get you more interested in the game I guess. I wasn't talking about you MDuh, just a lot of the comments in general, if that counts for anything.

I'm just annoyed when every other post is a smug "screw this, too expensive for some pixel art shit" even though the price seems very reasonable to me.

1 decade ago

I'm an ass, I just bought it -_- and its 4 pack zzzzzzzzz

Can't control myself since I just got my paycheck uggggggggggh

1 decade ago

LOL, aww MDuh

Welp, I hope for both our sake's that its good when we get the beta.

1 decade ago

given that the price will go up after preorders, youll probably end up at the same price you could preorder now with that though ^^

1 decade ago

I would love to purchase the Solarium Tier :(

1 decade ago

No way I'd pre-order for that price, if any. Higher launch price? double price of Terraria and obviously $ will be €

1 decade ago

I don't think I got your point. And I would not say that the 10€ the game costs (when buyin a 4-pack) is not an exorbitant price.

1 decade ago

I know what I'm buying next week when I get paid.

1 decade ago

So... A preorder kickstarter? How about no.
I'll wait for release

1 decade ago

It will be more expensive at launch

1 decade ago

Then wait for a week (or maybe a few weeks) after release. TURN ON BRAINS.

1 decade ago

All kickstarters are basically pre-orders. Depends on your faith in the people you are giving your money to, and if you are the type to pre-order games anyway.
Haven't bothered to look yet, but I would hope they would at least give bonuses to make it worth a fan's trouble.

1 decade ago

I recently bought the Pre-Order Pixel Tier, and the soundtrack alone is at least $5

1 decade ago

Y85Z3-P7207-KHGCM

1 decade ago

Wow...my first ninja. Thanks!

1 decade ago

So, anyone knows how long the pre-orders are going to be up? I really hope they'll be here for at least like 6 weeks, but I can't seem to find any kind of info about it anywhere on their site.

1 decade ago

it'll be up until the beta comes out. The beta doesn't have a firm date yet cause Tiy wants the beta to be almost all the game minus the story content (and any game breaking bugs). All indications right now seem to be about a month or two.

The full game will be released this year though, they have promised that and are very committed to it. Probably mid-summer is my hope/guess and then they'll add more stuff they want in it post-release

1 decade ago

bought gold tier already, lets see if i can find myself

1 decade ago

just got it in a group buy yeah :)

1 decade ago

If I enjoyed terraria, will I enjoy this game?

1 decade ago

I imagine so.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Sklurm.