i bought a xbox controller yesterday and it really worth especially if you use BigPicture, so i'd like to share opinions about the best games to play using a controller with the best imersion.

Games i tested and it's really good:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow -
Urban Trial Style -
The Walking Dead -
Sleeping Dogs -
Ys Origin -
Watchmen: The end is night -
Spec Ops the line -
Need for Speed Hot Persuit -
Sillent Hill Homecoming -
Freedom Fall -

Games i think it's good to play with a controller (i'd like to hear about people who played it)

Contrast -
Brothers a Tale ofTwo Sons -
Gta series? -
Papa & Yo -

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Assassin's Creed games, FIFA games, Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed, Beat Hazard, Super Meat Boy

9 years ago

FIFAAAAAA!

9 years ago

Counter Strike: Source

9 years ago

360 games....

9 years ago

Guacamelee!
Spelunky
Unepic
SteamWorld Dig

9 years ago

Well, usually games that have controller support are played better with one. But of course you don't want to play any fps game with a pad.
Every platform game, lots of action games, every racing game; and if you use xpadder you can even bind keyboard/mouse controls onto the controller and play strategy games, Civ V for example.

9 years ago

Shank 1 & 2 as well as Mark of the Ninja work a lot better with a controller

9 years ago

NBA2k14
Bastion
Batman Arkum series

9 years ago

NBA, Shovel Knight, Skyrim, Hotline Miami, Metal Slug, XCOM, Dark Souls II.. There are sooOoOOOOOooO many good ones!

9 years ago

GTA series might be tricky. GTA IV works well with a xb360 controller, but the older games not so much. Vice city for example did only recognize some key inputs, but not the x and y-axis for some reason. I've tried a workaround from the web, but this didn't feel right at all (the camera was static behind the back of Tommy, without the ability to look around). GTA SA had the same issue for me and the workaround of downgrading the version and installing a mapper didn't work at all for me, so I'll just stick to my PS2 version (although SA looked really great on PC, even in Vanilla state).

I've played both Brothers and Papo & Yo with my xb360 controller, it worked perfect in both cases.

9 years ago

I play most of my games with an XB360 controller as mush as possible, even playing Bioshock Infinite with it until realising that KB+M is way better for FPS games. So yeah, basically any third person camera game that natively supports the controller is best played with one, but RTS, FPS, and point and click games are still best with a mouse and keyboard.

9 years ago

I dont mind FPS with a controller if its single player, but KB+M FPS in multi always.

9 years ago

Yeah I don't mind it too, myself. It's just that the aiming is better with a mouse, though everything else is just fine with a controller, too.

9 years ago

I enjoy playing Castle Crashers, BattleBlock Theater, Portal 1 and 2, Just Cause 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and more with a xbox controller (more like ps3 controller with xbox drivers)

9 years ago

Basically any game that supports it is good.

Urban Trials Freestyle is trash. If you really enjoy that, get yourself Trials Gold or Trials Fusion, both are the same style of play and remarkably better.

9 years ago

Any sports game(not manager games), tps and sometimes racers

9 years ago

FPS games, big picture for big ejaculation in headshot, and TPS a many enemy :D

9 years ago

The only game I played using BigPicture and a xbox controller was Guacamelee. It worked like a charm

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.