Hi. I have 3 copies of FM 2014 that I want to get rid of. I want to ask you guys some questions:

1) What was the price before it was removed from the store?

2) How many TF2/CSGO Keys should I ask for each copy? (I think I bought them for about 6 TF2 keys)

3) As time goes by, does the value of this game remains the same, is worth more, or worth less? (Regarding that there is already FM 2015, and in the future FM 2016, FM 2017...) Should I sell them as soon as possible?

Thanks.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wtf is going on with all these is worth, what's the price.. threads? Are you trying to replace the old contributor value threads?

9 years ago

Am I breaking any rule? If so, I will immediately close my thread.

9 years ago

Nope, you ain't. It's just that there are so many of these, and mostly people won't answer you properly.
Your best bet is to search on steamgifts.com/trades for how much people are selling the game.

9 years ago

Damn, I forgot to write the third question, it's the most important for me.

Thanks for your opinion. ;)

9 years ago

Price either goes down or up. If you have preorder or some special version of the game, that is no longer purchaseable, price goes up. If the game is removed from the store, price skyrockets up. If it's just a regular game, as the time passes it should be lower and lower.
It is quite simple if you think about it even a little.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

9 years ago

Thanks, any idea about the third question?

9 years ago

Well you have to take two things into account:

• People who collect
  • People who play

For the people who just want to collect, the value will increase I guess, as it is no longer in the store and it will be increasingly more difficult to get the game.
For the people who want to play though, the value is going to decrease, since they'll have new instalments of the series.

I'd try to trade sooner than later, collectors are usually very good at getting what they want, so it'll be harder to find some to trade later on.

9 years ago

Football Manager games are readily available as physical copies. So it not Mafia or Wolfenstein 2009.

9 years ago

You're right, I meant Steam collectors though, not general game collectors

9 years ago

Physical copies activate on Steam (since 2009 version).

9 years ago

Oh, didn't know that, guess it's best to get rid of the game soon then

9 years ago

In theory the value of games increases the longer they have been out of the store and they get rarer. But it only works in practice if you have a buyer.

Football Manager gets replaced every year. Anyone who wanted it knew to buy it in advance and plenty of traders stocked up in the final sale believing that it would be 'collectible'. But it isn't like games that suddenly vanish from the store and become collectible and it isn't ever going to be that rare. And anyone who just wants to play it will buy FM2015, FM2016, etc.

I suspect if you try and be greedy you will just end up stuck with the things.

9 years ago

And remember that sometimes deleted games return back to store.

9 years ago

Unlikely for yearly games, they want you to get newest version.

9 years ago

Thanks everybody for you help, I appreciate every comment. ;)

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by arkrista.