[Steam] Squad until 18 April 2022
https://store.steampowered.com/explore/upcoming/?snr=1_4_4__125

[Epic Games] and [Ubisoft Connect] Anno 1800 12-19 April 2022

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

107GB ...

2 years ago

I'm a bit of a hoarder. I still have the elder scrolls downloaded from a previous event.

2 years ago

Damn I only have a 256gb SSD and 2 other big games on it that I want to keep atm :-(

2 years ago

You really don't need an SSD to have a good gaming experience. You can buy used HDDs pretty cheap. If you can't install one you can use a USB enclosure or NAS.

2 years ago

But the loading times! ;-)
But you are right. And games gonna be bigger and bigger in the future I guess, so sooner or later I will need some more space ...

2 years ago

You can always try the game on Stadia if you have a decent Internet connection. No downloads at all.

2 years ago

I could try the 1-month trial. Its worth considering. (not gonna pay a monthly fee though)

2 years ago

The game is completely free at the moment, you don't even need the trial.

2 years ago

Oh wow, good to know. Will check it out I guess.

2 years ago

Hmm I registered at stadia, but at the end of the registriation steps it "forces" me to sub to them (and test 1 month free). Can't close that, it always take me back to that when I login. Any ideas?

2 years ago

Oh nevermind, found out how to play. Had to install Chrome and then moved from https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/freeplay -> to Stadia! Can play it now. :-) Thank you man!

2 years ago

Just some comparisons.. I may be a little off on some of these..

Middle Earth: Shadow of War which is mainly a single player game that does also have online play has more than 120GB.

Final Fantasy XIV is over 85 GB.

WOW is over 110 GB.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is over 101 GB.

Destiny 2 I think is over 180 GB now.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is over 150 GB.

ARK: Survival Evolved is around 360 GB.

Hitman 2 is over 150 GB.

Final Fantasy XV is over 150 GB.

Borderlands 3 is around 120 GB.

Gears of War 4 is around 115 GB.

2 years ago*

My Quantum Break has "only" 68GB

2 years ago

Yeah, I was gonna say, it's definitely not anywhere even 100GB, lol.

2 years ago

Yeah, it's only around 70 for PC. I listed the Xbox GB by mistake.

2 years ago

Laughs in modded ARK, with ~500GB alone

2 years ago

unmodded ARK with the Genesis DLC is about 360GB

2 years ago*

the missions are kinda fun for lore but pvp is trash if you don't grind for an armor set or special build

2 years ago

[Steam] The Elder Scrolls® Online 13-16 April 2022

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/306130/view/3182364860289036529

I guess this is a "hey bethesda.net is migrating to Steam" promotion: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/bethesda-is-closing-its-pc-game-launcher-and-moving-to-steam/

EDIT: Sale is just normal ESO things, regardless of the Bethesda launcher going away.

2 years ago*

I was unaware, though, elder scrolls has been here for a while as I had it downloaded from a previous event. I've been meaning to give the game a shot.

2 years ago

The free promotion is for the new DLC, High Isle, that's coming out at the beginning of next month.

I know a lot of people aren't aware of this yet, but the closure of the Bethesda client is postponed till the end of next month.

2 years ago*

ESO is explicitly not included from that. It uses its own launcher for non-Steam players.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/2RXxG1y000NWupPalzLblG/sunsetting-the-bethesda-net-launcher-and-migrating-to-steam
Q: Will the Bethesda.net Launcher sunset affect my ability to play The Elder Scrolls Online on PC?
A: No. The Elder Scrolls Online is unaffected by this change.

2 years ago

I recommend everyone to give Squad a try. If you're serious about coop and TDM tactical games then you will enjoy it, because it has one of the better communities in terms of toxicity and player maturity. Most of the servers I've been on have good people that comm so well that it could get cringy at times

2 years ago

For those who haven't played this, it's a pretty good MMORPG. So if you are looking for one this is worth giving a try to. The base game has a ton of content and they now include the Morrowind DLC wit the base game which offers a ton more, and is well worth the current sales price of $5.99.

2 years ago

Been eyeing teso for some time. But not sure about 1 thing. If I buy it, I'll get only Morrowind expeansion will it? Will need to buy other expansions separately?

2 years ago

Yep you only get Morrowind for free, the other ones you can either buy individually or you can get most of them with the latest expansion.

2 years ago

Ah, I see. Used to be buy the latest and get old ones as well. If I recall that correctly.

2 years ago

You can buy Blackwood by itself(on sale right now for $9.89) or you can buy it with the base game, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset, and Morrowind DLC Chapters for $16.49. Those are all of the expansions without the newest. If you get the new expansion all of the previous expasnions come with it.

2 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.