Put all 100% off steam sales on this thread. Please include a steam store link and a date for when it ends. I have a hard time navigating this board so I thought making a dedicated steam thread would be easiest :)

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

https://steamdb.info/sales/ I use this site to check the current highest sales. Usually it's only 90% but occasionally you can catch some 100% games. I don't know how you guys find them usually but this is how I do it.

2 years ago

You can check Steam free promotions (100% off) here:
https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/

2 years ago

You think its hard to see when a thread is created in deals? What exactly is hard?

Use isthereanydeal and you will get email for free games.

2 years ago

Apparently some people think it's bothersome to switch this sort function to "New" as the default is "Last Post" that would make the latest post instead of thread

View attached image.
2 years ago*

there was a dedicated thread for this some time ago, guess it fell down the line

2 years ago

thats the one, good resource. should bookmark it, never bothered with that shit before

2 years ago

That one specifically lists ones that went to FreeOnDemand (usually now permanently free) licence, not NoCost license, and most temporarily free ones are NoCost license, so they won't wind up being listed there. I recall a different thread that listed temporarily free games, but that one stopped being updated about 2 years ago.

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

After few miles of bumpy ride the second wheel will get as smooth as the first one.

2 years ago

I doubt it'll come to that as freebies on Steam are few and far between. Not much reason to take the ride.

2 years ago

😆

2 years ago

Was just playing around on steamdb, and looking at the most played games currently.

A game that's a ripoff of oldschool Doom, called Hentai Shooter 3D is at 92!

It's beating out games I rather like, such as Inscryption, Dying Light, Oxygen Not Included, and Hades.

Not surprising, but it's also beating Fallout 76, and Battlefield 2042 XD

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago

This is honestly just going to clutter the Deals thread and make it harder to see active Deals. Consolidated threads exist because they reduce clutter, by removing individual threads and reducing them to a single one. They're a great benefit to the site. As such, they make perfect sense for any long-lasting thing; For example, a list of games that have Denuvo, or all free games with steam trading cards, or so forth. Similarly, threads with a high-quantity of individual offerings (gog discount codes, keydrops, etc) make perfect sense.

It can even make sense for certain topics already covered by individual threads, such as acting as an index for active bundles. There, you have a thread which gives you a quick place to check multiple bundles easily before jumping over to the "Where are these games coming from" thread, after seeing games of interest start popping up in large quantities on SG.

As far as I can see, consolidation lacks merits in relation to the current topic, as this thread wouldn't add any new benefits or information, and wouldn't in any way reducing the amount of outside threads. It's entirely redundant, and contradicts its own intentions of making deals more visible.

Note that I'm not criticizing your concept, just your approach; Your thread doesn't currently have a clear constructive intention behind it, or at least not one that has thus far been presented. If you can determine something that'd make this thread legitimately useful, then that'd be great.

Alternatively, you could consider useful threads that aren't currently being covered- for example, "games currently on sale with all time lows". Just look forward to some rather demanding time investment in keeping that up-to-date and organized. [Though as ITAD, SteamDB, and even Steam itself generally let you check most things already, I'm not sure just how useful any discount based thread would be.]

2 years ago*

I second this no point in duplicating work that was already done before.

2 years ago

Sorry! Didn't mean to clutter up the board. Just wanted to make a newer more empty space to restart on this topic. Sorry if I caused any trouble.

2 years ago

There's no reason to be sorry. Giving thought on how to improve the forum for the community is commendable in my book.

2 years ago*

It's really not that hard to track free deals.

Like @Extraterrestrial said, go to this page: https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/
and then you can find all on-going (and sometimes soon-to-be) free promotions on Steam.

And one doesn't even need to check the page every hour, since most of the deals start at 6 p.m. UTC (5 p.m. during Daylight Saving Times) and last more than 24 hours. So only a daily check around that time is necessary.

Some single threads are also critical to exist, like for paid games that have a Free on Demand or No Cost Sub by mistake, or free games that are going to be taken off of Steam or turned to paid. People normally don't know when it will end, but it's highly time-sensitive.

This thread is only useful to the community if you (or anyone else) can gather around all those different kind of free situations I just mentioned to the top section of this thread, but it will be a huge work load doing it by hand (compared to automatic crawl, for instance). I don't think it's fair for anyone to take it on. Otherwise, this thread will just turn into a "Personal Free Deal Reminder", and I doubt it'll become a good one.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.