I was member of 1600 steam groups approximately before october 2014. After some days I received 5-6 group invites and I was unable to accept/ignore them. So I contacted steam support. This was the result:- http://imgur.com/CNz01fv
There was no notice/announcement/update notification about this new limitation. Well I missed lots of group exclusive giveaways on SG because of this issue but FINALLY it is solved. I just created this thread for info because some people are still posting about this issue in steam forums. I don't see any thread about this on SG so just sharing my knowledge. Also shoutout to support tech Burton J. Thanks.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Why the hell would you even be part of so many groups? I'm in 130 and think that is too many.

9 years ago

When I was new to steam I used to get a lot of spam from group invites by bots. even if I ingore them I get invited after 2-3 days again. So I decided to accept all group invites. That was a wrong decision. but don't you think steam should have given some notice about the new limits? and I am not the only one user on steam who have more than 1000 groups, there are many threads on steam forum about this issue.

9 years ago

My friend is in 6500 groups :3

8 years ago

And the last comment in this thread before you was at least 4 months ago. -.-

Why would one be in so many groups, that's even worse than owning more games than you'll ever play. :P

8 years ago

1600 Steam groups. 1600. Wow.

9 years ago

Going a bit off-topic here but...
Who. The hell. Joins. A thousand. Steam groups.

9 years ago

leechers?

9 years ago

oh here we go

9 years ago

I'm on 21 and I think the same as Delta

9 years ago

9 years ago

Why I can't be Over 9000 Groups, Why!? steam have to limit Everything!?!?!?

8 years ago

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! Its a necrobump!

8 years ago

Deal with it!

View attached image.
8 years ago

100+ is too much for me

8 years ago

I was in the past in 150+ groups and I trimed it down to 45.

After 12 years on Steam I can say that the old and higher number of Steam groups I was in and the number of scam attempts and beggars both by Steam invites have definitely something to do with each other.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.