total $5.58

buy or not to buy?

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

buy or not to buy?

View Results
yes
no

why do you think it has pricing like that? pretty good deal if you use egs.

4 years ago

To attract new customers.

4 years ago

If I got anything from there, it'd be the last season of the walking dead for $10.

4 years ago*

that is a good choice...

4 years ago

The only game that i have bought from EPIC

4 years ago

but why? get it from g2a for steam for 100$
dont be dumb and buy on epic

4 years ago

Why buy from epic when you can get it free. yarr :D

4 years ago

show me pls, i need the last 2 seasons!!

4 years ago

Damn, that's a great idea. Just not sure about the Epic client.

4 years ago

With telltale's supposed resurrection and assuming they manage to stay alive, there's a solid chance it'll eventually return to Steam.

4 years ago

Fingers crossed. I'll already be unreasonably happy if they do manage to release season 2 of the Wolf Among Us and hopefully they keep going.

4 years ago

you will have to connect epic with uply and the game will be added on uplay too
best deal out there

4 years ago

If I got anything from there, i'd be the walking dead.
Not caving while i'm still breathing ,unlike so many others.

4 years ago

The thing is, every time you use the coupon you get another, so you'll keep getting one after the other so you could in theory get both with the discount.

4 years ago

I've read around that you can buy the game on EPS, redeem it on the uplay client and you can just launch it from the uplay client, not needing the EPS client. Division 2 for $5 is a really good deal. I've had my fun with that game

4 years ago

I've heard a lot of good things about the Division 2. It definitely seems like an awesome pickup for that price.

Here's some others between $5 and $7 that seem like they'd be great pickups.

Vampyr for $6.99
Watch Dogs 2 for $4.99
Outward for for $5.99
John Wick Hex for $6.99

4 years ago

Outward isn't very good tbh. Bought it at a previous Epic Store sale for $5 and it's $5 down the drain for me. If you're considering buying the game, I'd recommend looking at some raw gameplay vids just so you know what you'll be getting.

Vampyr and Watch Dogs 2 (especially if you love the first game), plus The Division 2 (same thing), I can wholeheartedly recommend.

4 years ago

I watched a couple reviews including one from someone who put in over 100 hours in Outward and does have it's flaws but from what I saw it doesn't look like a bad pickup for $6. The $40 normal price tag does seem very high though. If I had to guess the regular price without seeing it I would of thought it would be around the current sales price of $15.99. This seems like a game you either love or hate by the Metacritic score, Steam and video reviews.

I will say that putting it on a list with the likes of Vampyr, Watch Dogs 2 and The Division 2 for around the same price probably makes it seem less worth it to some.

4 years ago*

This seems like a game you either love or hate by the Metacritic score, Steam and video reviews.

This is very true :) Considering the original price of the game, I expected something better but I guess, ultimately, it just didn't delivered... enough (I remembered the game being buggy and having janky combat controls).

Anyway, just thought I should give you a heads-up. I bought the game in spite of the Steam reviews and I regretted my decision :P Well, at least I didn't pay full price for the game!

4 years ago*

I look at the videos and think is it really that bad it's not even worth $5? What were a few things that you hated about it?

4 years ago

I wouldn't say it's not worth $5 to the right people (who enjoy playing games that punish them for playing it... a bit of a video game equivalent of BDSM I'd say), but the game isn't enjoyable at all for me and I wouldn't have bought it had I known about the true nature of the game early on. Note that I generally enjoy most open world, survival games, and some of them can be a bit hard to like at first.

Also, please take my comments with a bit of salt - it has been months since I've touched the game (for like 2 hours or so?) and I might recalled things a bit incorrectly or that the devs have patched some things up. I didn't save my stream of the game either so I can't refer to it to refresh my memory :/

1. I remember the combat controls being incredibly frustrating, janky/clunky, slow and cumbersome. There's like a blocking/dodging thing that the devs obviously intent you to use, but unless you're blocking the exact way the devs want you to, the enemy can somehow "bypass" your block, rendering it completely useless. You can also be positive you've landed a hit, but apparently the AI can beg to differ in this game. Honestly, I find myself trying to avoid enemies rather than taking on any of them but I found out that it isn't possible most of the time.

2. The screenshots all look a lot nicer than the actual game. I recalled feeling like I was an idiot for being duped because of this (it looked painfully early access for me), but I have to warn you, I own a fairly lower-end/mid-range gaming laptop so maybe it's a hardware issue. Still, my computer fulfilled/exceeded the minimum requirements.

3. The world outside the town is pretty barren. I remember traveling to a place with wolves(?) and there's like some grass, a few trees and a cave at the end where the wolves probably lived. It looked like a cheap MMO, and needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

4. The "no hand-holding" part is an understatement. Expect to have to learn everything about the game yourself. You have no clue whether or not an enemy is too much for you unless you engage it in combat. Honestly, even I would be hesitant to recommend the game to a hardcore gamer considering how much effort, time and mental resilience the game will suck out of you, just to make any sort of progress. Of course, there's a pretty large chance that all that progress would be all for naught.

5. Buggy. I think the game crashed for me at one time.

Anyway, I gave up playing the game once I realized that the bandit camping just outside the town gate who just keeps killing me over and over again and won't be going away any time soon... and my backpack with all my loot (found a stash in an old tree trunk) is right beside that bandit too so I'm definitely not getting my stuff back.

It's not all bad though... The only thing that I really found unique and interesting about the game is the random events that may happen AFTER you lost a fight/die. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a slaver's camp after being defeated by a slaver and I had the option to escape if I manage to stealthily work my way out of the slaver's camp.

I think I botched the escape (because there was too many slavers patrolling or something) and "died" again but then I found myself "saved" by some mysterious stranger who not only rescued me from the camp but also retrieved my backpack full of loot that I've gathered and set up a nice little campfire in a random location on the map for me to rest at. I'm not sure how many of these scenarios the game has, but I encountered the "nice mystery person" scenario twice within my playthrough - I'm lucky like that :P

4 years ago

If you like division 1 you will like this one too. But if you havent played it and you also have never played any looter shooter its a weird genre that you should check a lot before buying.

4 years ago

Interesting. In .au all of those are the same price apart from Outward, which is almost double (USD$9.98 after coupon).

Edit: Oh, and The Division 2 is more expensive than mentioned in the OP, too: USD$7.48 after coupon.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago*

Here's an older article from 2010 I found that talks a little bit about why prices for video games in Australia might be higher.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/11/why-do-videogames-cost-so-much/

4 years ago

And for a little bit more I just bought
The Walking Dead - Definitive Series 14.99
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey 9.99
Ghost Recon Breakpoint 13.99

Was in doubt about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. But it might turn up in a Humble Bundle Monthly, so I passed on that for now.

4 years ago*

Oh yeah the TWD Definitive series is a really good pickup. I ended up getting the last season as well as Frontier from their last big sale. Ancestors looks really good and I was going to mention it but I chose to keep it near the price mentioned by the OP.

As far as the $10, I believe Epic will keep doing it.

4 years ago

I couldn't pass up Ancestors for $10.

4 years ago

Oh man, if AC Odyssey ended up as a monthly, I'd totally be over the moon! :D

4 years ago

It will, its just a matter of time.

4 years ago

why there aren't dlcs for watch dogs 2?

4 years ago

If you are willing to wait, it maybe will be included on Humble Monthly / Choice someday

4 years ago

Yes, that's what I keep thinking, too. Not just about The Division 2, but about a whole lot of other games that seem likely to be "monthly fodder". sigh

4 years ago

Fuck Epic

4 years ago

Honestly, the sales aren't bad and the 10 dollar coupon they have is a great move.

4 years ago

+1
So many are parking their morals and succumbing to the bribery ,it' sad to watch but that's some pc gamers.

4 years ago*

One man's bribery is another man's discount. Not everyone can choose more expensive options- on my budget, I can buy a ton more $15-40 games on Epic for $10 each off than I can buy on Steam's sale with $5 off every $50 (after the first). Epic has done some things I don't like, but I also don't think what they've done is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. EGS doesn't require you to buy more hardware, and while their early exclusives were certainly not good, yanking Steam keys for pre-orders and Kickstarters to go over to a less feature complete client, Steam had not done much to warrant the kind of fervent defending it got after Epic's bad moves. Other than Steam Remote Play Together (which is great and did really make me question Epic vs. Steam a lot more favorably for Steam) Steam really hasn't been doing that much right in years, its new library launched with poor performance on my system (and persisted for several months that way, though it's mostly better now), and has mediocre sales, no meaningful curation of content (other than third party), and limited support for major issues. I'm not saying people should just go for the cheaper option because it's cheaper, but it's much more complicated than just "Lol Epic bribed people with Fortnite money".

Epic certainly incentivized developers that way, but honestly if you're saying developers shouldn't get money you're kind of missing the point. Valve has done very little to increase developer revenue share, and while Epic's incentives for exclusives are definitely anti-competitive they're not resulting in a lack of discounts or putting developers out of business- with how tight margins are on indie development, that Epic "bribery" could be the difference between paying rent and putting food on the table or shutting down development. It's not like what Epic did was bad, it was just that how it was executed wasn't transparent and caused some developers to not deliver on their promises (part of that's on Epic for demanding exclusivity, part of that's on developers for not being consistent with their promises, but ultimately if you're struggling to finish a game and someone offers you a cash injection so you don't have to scrape together pennies for ramen until release I think that I can be sympathetic and give them the benefit of the doubt and say they didn't mean to screw over fans).

4 years ago

Would it make sense to buy the Gold Edition or are the benefits irrelevant after the first year passed by?

4 years ago

I would say irrelevant.
Hardly any new content in it. Mostly it consists of cosmetics and early unlocks.

4 years ago

Thank you.

4 years ago

What about the 8 classified achievements that come with the first year pass? Those don't look like cosmetics but story content.

4 years ago

A question to you girls and guys here. Do you think the 10 dollar bonus will return next year, or is it jus part of marketing for getting the Epic Store some more publicity?

4 years ago

They offered the same bonus in their last (summer?) sale, so I'd say it seems quite likely that they consider this a general feature of their bigger sales.
They might end it together with their free games program though, so I wouldn't bet on it.

4 years ago*

I think they offered 5 USD direct discount for each title

4 years ago

4 years ago

No, it was 10$/€ discount for every title for 14.99 and above. So it was basically the same as now.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I would be surprised if it lasts forever, but given that Epic makes a killing on Fortnite, they can certainly afford to keep doing it for the foreseeable future. If there's anything you really want on sale for $15, snag it now, if not, well, if you're willing to wait, something on sale for $40 now will probably come down to $30-20 next year so even if the coupon ends, you'll be fine.

4 years ago

The question is whether you want to play the full game with the DLC or are happy with playing the base game. IF the answer is the latter, then its a good price for the game. Haven't played it myself but heard some very good things about TD2.

4 years ago

TD2 Year 1 pass only gives early access (I think 1 week) to the DLC. The 5$ version is the full game and the content DLC is free for everyone.

4 years ago

What about the 8 classified achievements that come with the first year pass? Those don't look like cosmetics but story content.

4 years ago

This is a good deal. I'm tempted to buy it.
Does anybody know... if you buy The Division 2 in the epic store, do you need to lauch it from the epic client or can you also play it directly from the uplay client?

4 years ago

You can always play games directly from the uPlay client, if you own a game there. So yes, you don't need Epic.

4 years ago

Are you sure? For Steam versions that's definitely not the case.

4 years ago*

The Far Cry game I bought via Epic some months ago, starts via uPlay.
Interesting that it's different with Steam.

4 years ago

I can confirm that Steam versions of uPlay games require Steam. When you launch them from uPlay, uPlay just starts Steam. The donwload/install must also be done with Steam.

You have to be very careful with DLC's since they're incomplatible: if you the base game on Steam, you must purchase DLC's from Steam. uPlay will allow you to purchase the DLC's, but those won't work with the Steam version (since Steam doesn't know you own the DLC's and won't download them).

4 years ago

Looks like you don't need the epic launccher indeed.
Found a lot of conflicting info, some people claim you can launch it directly from uplay, others claim you do need the epic launcher.
However, this article says you don't need the epic laucher at all The version of The Division 2 for Epic Games Store works without a client

The first buyers of The Division 2 in the Epic store report that the game is not tied to the Epic Games Store launcher at all. After the purchase is completed, the title is tied to the Uplay account in the form of a full-fledged Uplay version, and after that the Epic launcher can even be deleted.

4 years ago

The Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint that I bought got connected to my Uplay account.
After that I didn't need Epic Launcher anymore to play it.

4 years ago

Thanks. Looks like this works the same for The Divison 2.

4 years ago

I loved the winter setting of the first part (a snow storm at night looks amongst the most impressive graphics I've seen). Part 2 being in summer loses a lot of appeal for me as the gameplay itself is very average and instead the bullet-sponge mechanics clash heavily with the otherwise on realism focused environment.

4 years ago

Well, I tried. First, I had issues with EpicStore itself. It's so easy to hate the damned thing. Then, after I managed to buy the game... it requires connecting to ubisoft... and while that goes seamless on steam... it doesn't work at all here. Read bunch of faq/forum threads/reddit posts... tried using various browsers, incognito, clearing stuff... both accounts are created from the same country... and nothing helps. I guess I'll give it a day or so and try refund, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work either.

Mind you, I've never refunded a game on steam in what, 10 years. Even when I make a mistake and don't like the game after all, if it's working I'm like - lesson for another time. But this... can't even start it for bureaucratic reasons.

4 years ago

Have you checked on the Uplay launcher itself?
I had an error pop up on EGS about the validation not being successful (jumped through the same hoops as you) but the game showed up just fine on Uplay, I just started the installation from there.

4 years ago

I have, not showing. Neither company responded to my tickets yet, so we're to see if this first ever attempt on my side will be any sort of success or I'll be forced to refund $4.99 eventually.

4 years ago

Bummer, hopefully they get back to you and they can sort it out.

4 years ago

Yeah, the whole process it's bad, I had a similar experience yesterday night and had to repeat it multiple times (three or four times?) just to get the game on Uplay. Here's a copy&paste of a post I made in another thread describing that process and what I did (by the way, I use the Opera browser in my computer):

https://steamcommunity.com/app/365590/discussions/0/1741134253319694393/#c1737758544550741554

I bought the Ultimate Edition last night from the Epic Store. I can confirm that indeed the game doesn't need the Epic Launcher and just Uplay to run. I just tested it myself a short time ago when I ran the game for the first time to set up everything. Although, the process to get the game on Uplay is not as smooth as it should be. It's bumpy and very glitchy.

After buying the game it appears in the Epic Library as a normal game. From there it needs to be "installed" (downloaded) for a while to start the linking and transfer process. In the beginning nothing happens, but eventually (around 10% and 20% during the download) it should appear a "chain" icon alongside the title of the game in the Epic Library. Clicking on this starts the linking, which will need the default browser of your system, and here is when everything gets problematic and bumpy. I recommend at this point to also open your Uplay client (to confirm that the game appears there) and also disable any ad blocker in your broswer temporarily. Also, you can pause the download in the Epic Launcher.

Now, you need to log in into your Uplay account in your browser in the tab that the Epic Launcher will open for you. This may need more than a couple of tries due to the errors you will get. If you're getting too many errors, close the browser (make sure to not delete its cookies for now), cancel and restart the linking process from the Epic Launcher and try again, until you see a "Succesful" message in the browser but before closing your browser, make sure the game has appeared in your Uplay Library, otherwise, you need to start everything again, hopefully, without closing the browser.

Once the game has appeared in the Uplay client, you can cancel the installation in the Epic Launcher, uninstall the downloaded files and close the launcher, and whenever you want, install the game from the Uplay client instead.

Also, I made sure to NOT save my credentials and billing information during payment. I don't trust to keep that information saved in any site, and yet after paying I noticed that all that information was saved anyway and worse, like a subscription for a regular automatic payment (like a Humble Monthly or Choice subscription). You can delete that when checking your Epic and PayPal accounts, in the billing areas.

4 years ago

Hm, I didn't even get to start installing, I have a link icon immediately and it opens browser, verifies, then forwards to ubi which just... stalls forever. I did try several times, even a few hrs later and like, what can I lose by trying again... still didn't get it to work.

4 years ago

I had some trouble with connecting Epic to my Uplay account during my first attempt, but it worked the second time around. Keep at it, maybe? :)

4 years ago

Some 20h later still no break through, not response from either support. Trying every few hours, not one solution offered online works. I've even tried downloading firefox for the first time in 8 years, but no luck getting things to work.

4 years ago*

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hope support will get back to you really soon! They are probably swamped considering that quite a lot of people are having trouble with this.

4 years ago

Update:

After I tried everything recommended online and even installed Firefox from scratch and both support teams gave up on me and closed my ticket without helping... I didn't give up and it randomly worked just like no problem was ever present. I still believe the issue was with Ubi store somehow, because Epic was redirecting before but Ubi would get stuck... this time it didn't. Oh well, managed to download in Uplay.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Can't use the coupon for it in the UK.

4 years ago

why people continue asking if buy anything from EPIC store it's worth or not??

i don't even get the free games from that malware program.

4 years ago

Is it possible to add 2 games at the same time to my cart and use this 10euro/dollar coupon?

4 years ago

they dont have cart, so only 1 game per coupon, as i got,( u will get another coupon if purchase)- not sure about this though

4 years ago

4 years ago

After the purchase, you can get another $10 coupon to use in another game. I used mine with The Division 2 (Ultimate Edition), and received another one after I paid. It says "WE GIVE YOU ANOTHER $10 EPIC COUPON AFTER EVERY ELIGIBLE PURCHASE" here:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/promotion/holiday-sale-2019

4 years ago

Good to know.thank you

4 years ago

I remember paying 70€ for the first one, big mistake >:D

4 years ago

xD, happens

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Tnx for the headsup i got the ultimate edition for 4.5 bucks

4 years ago*

Ultimate edition is $13. How did you get that price?

4 years ago

Regional pricing?

4 years ago

I'd rather buy it for full price than support EpicFail...

4 years ago

I have claimed every game Epic has given out even before there was an Epic Game Store. To reward them, I finally made my first purchase today. I bought The Division 2 Ultimate Edition for $13.99.

It is always possible that unlike the Ultimate Edition, the base game will be given out with the Humble Bundle monthly which I am subscribed to someday. That is why I hesitated in getting the base edition. The likelihood they will do this with the Ultimate Edition is not high.

The Ultimate edition also has content (8 classified assignments), 3 new specializations and 3 bonus outfits(the Elite Agent Pack, The First Responder's Pack and The Secret Service Pack) which helped make the extra cost worth it for me.

4 years ago*

I bought it at Epic store on this sale (unfortunately without the coupon, as because of regional pricing, I couldn't apply it) so I paid a litlte more for it, but so far it's been a really good acquisition.

I already liked the shooting part from Division 1, and they fixed pretty much "everything" that was bad in division 1 (mainly, spongy enemies). The specializations that appear after finishing the campaign are also a nice addition. I just hope they add the Survival mod eventually.

And just confirming, you must link your Uplay's account to your Epic account, and after installing it using Epic Launcher, you don't even need to launch the Epic Launcher again, as it'll appear on your Uplay's library and you can launch it from there. It was a pleasant surprise for me.

4 years ago

I can confirm that too. I bought it in the Epic store (for €4.99) and you can start it directly from the Uplay client.

4 years ago

I just bought the BASE version, no cosmetic items ...

4 years ago

traitors :D

4 years ago

Yeah Division 2 is not really system seller, but their 10 euro off deal is pretty great.
I mean 8-8 euro for David Cage films games? Or Vampyr for 7 euro? How about Metro Exodus for 10?

Couple that with the very limp sale on most AAA titles on Steam and their below crappy community event, not to mention some questionable decisions of theirs(why on earth did they need to break the Steam Library? :O) and you have to wonder if Saint GabeN is still in touch with reality.

4 years ago

Come join us on the dark side :P

4 years ago

Watch Dogs 2 is at the same price too. I was thinking to use the coupon to get Watch Dogs 2 at 4.99 and since it will require uplay in order to launch/play the game can I buy the season pass or gold edition upgrade directly from uplay? Because the gold edition does not exist on epic store.

4 years ago

Unfortunately, you can't upgrade Ubisoft games :( The base game is totally worth it too!

4 years ago

Maybe not in the gimped Epic Store but you can buy or activate DLC in Uplay.

4 years ago

I think Watch Doges 2 is the better deal and the better game to boot.

Base game is 5 euro from Epic, transfers to Uplay, and if you really want the extra few missions, you can get the Season Pass from Gamebillet, Green Man Gaming, Fanatical for around 4,5 euro.(Uplay key)
Interestingly both WD2 base game(named as Deluxe Edition in certain places that includes some pre order cosmetics) and Gold Edition(base game plus season pass with the story missions) are pretty much overpriced everywhere(20 and 30 euros), while Season Pass got 75% off most places, even on Steam.

4 years ago

order need more than $15 for use the $10 off coupon on store

4 years ago

For me is 14.99

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.