total $5.58

buy or not to buy?

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

buy or not to buy?

View Results
yes
no

i bought it and played it a lot already but it's getting boring really fast. it's a grid map with copy/pasted buildings with almost no interaction with the world. only pressing "interact" for objectives (levers, buttons, sort of things), loot, and killing the same enemies over and over

the few buildings we can enter are copy/pasted a lot, and quest zones are linear. the stats system is messed up, quite unbalanced, leveling up doesn't feel good, it feels like a penalty because enemies grow stronger but our weapons remain the same so if we like a weapon we have to loot another one of higher level or craft it again and again. they also have different versions of weapons for auto/semi-auto, we can't simply have 1 and switch between the two modes like it's the case in about any other shooter. the "perks" system is one of those "pick the least shitty" where you expect nice new cool stuff but there's only bland crap

the story is shit, quests are boring and all the same, upgrading bases is unengaging and feels a bit like a complicated chore. then the performances are terrible with weird bugs that haven't been fixed. the game will run at 60+ fps but for many players it will freeze whenever we shoot at enemies or simply engage in combat or enemies spawn. we're talking about 1~5 frames over like 10 seconds. and then it stops freezing once we're downed

the game also has mandatory online and has in-game paywalls on top of a cash shop. there's an ongoing event for christmas skins in lootboxes and it said we can either pay real money or play the game to unlock them. i unlocked 4 when i started the game not seeing that it was using premium currency that i somehow had, then i played around 20 more hours and never had any. other paywalls include quests and general objectives and it's just disgusting too. i had (and still have) a big icon on my map for a quest and its first objective was finding the entrance. upon finding it it was written "OFFLINE" in big on it and it said i have to buy season pass or whatever to access it, and when trying to get into it it opens the cash shop screen and tells me to pay 40€. that's gross

4 years ago*

40€ ! , lol, since they closed Ghost Recon Phantoms, I said I was not going to spend on their games, thieves
👾

4 years ago

yeah, likely won't either. if it's okay for them to just do those shits, not allow offline/lan play and close servers whenever they want to, then customers should be able to get all their money back from them whenever they want to aswell

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.