1 decade ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Oh really, Sherlock?

1 decade ago

yup

1 decade ago

Next thing the OP wants us to do is back the Kickstarter for the sequel. Heh... :3

1 decade ago

Also a worthy cause!

1 decade ago

1,39€ here, like 1,88$, just 38 cents more

1 decade ago

And 0.89$ in ru store.

1 decade ago

Great game.

1 decade ago

Cheaper:
La Mulana Free

1 decade ago

Tho original may be free but the remake actually does improve alot of things.

1 decade ago

Yep, there are a quite a few things changed or improved. Full list is here:
http://lamulana-remake.wikia.com/wiki/Change_List

1 decade ago

So, what's good about this game? Looks okay to me.

1 decade ago

It's about as tough as eating a plate of nails. So if that sounds good to you...

1 decade ago

Ah, then nevermind for me. I got better things to do with my time... like all these unfinished games from the Winter Sale!

1 decade ago

Dammit! >_<

I'm $.14 short in my Steam wallet. >_<

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

1 decade ago

A 90% discount on steam is always super fishy... and humble needs to do something decent in their next bundle. So that is my hope/conclusion from this :p

PS: Took me a while to realize the guide in the 2nd video on steam for this game was actually speaking Japanese and not just magicka-like gibberish. (And a huge lol if you somehow manage to watch that video towards the end).

1 decade ago

the discount was planned by the devs to promote the kickstarter for the sequel.

1 decade ago

sequel incoming... i smell bundle for this one, a lot! :)

1 decade ago

No money to get anything =x

1 decade ago

$0.99 :D

1 decade ago

If I don't have a controller, nor am I interested in getting one, is this game worth it for me?

1 decade ago

yes

1 decade ago

Is this one of those frustrating, hard games?

To give you an idea, I finished the original Super Mario Brothers, but as much as I liked the original Castlevania or Ghosts n Goblins, I could never get very far past the first few levels. Platformers just aren't my thing, but if they're not too challenging, I can enjoy them.

1 decade ago

It is a hard game, but not in the sense you're talking about -- initially the ruins are dangerous, but not at, say, a Ghosts 'n Goblins level -- you can survive a few hits, and the sense of losing health is more a gradual depletion of your resources as an explorer until you have to decide whether you're going to keep risking going forward or heading back to save what you accomplished so far. Very early on, you get a way to just teleport out of the ruins whenever you want, after which you'll usually be able to make progress even if you're not good at platforming.

The hard part are the puzzles and the traps; the bits of the game that will cause problems for most players are generally going to be thinky-bits rather than reflex-bits. (That and some of the bosses, but they require thinking as well as reflexes.)

(This also excludes the optional bonus dungeon of Hell Temple, which is just brutally unfair in every single way, but it is very optional and I doubt most players would even realize it existed if they didn't have a guide.)

1 decade ago

Wait... They renamed Spelunky?

1 decade ago

La-Mulana isn't really like Spelunky; it's more of a traditional Metroidvania, but with lots of puzzles. It's a ''huge'' game, too.

Also for what it's worth the original free La-Mulana came out before Spelunky and was one of the games that inspired its style (the one they're selling is the remake -- the original was a retro title designed to look like it was being played on an MSX.)

1 decade ago

It was a joke.

1 decade ago

Ive trippled my library last year, including big titles like Rage, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3...

The best purchase ive made? LA-MULANA.
I simply couldn't stop playing it. Ive dreamed about it. I couldn't get back to it for awhile, but im clocking 22hrs on it(17 of wich were almost straight) and im more or less around half the game(yeah, ive looked up on how many ares/worlds there are in total).

Minutes ago i backed up La-Mulana 2 on kickstarter- ive never kickstarted anything, too risky i think. Not in this case. 25 dollars level, but how i wished i could get the $40 up tier for the alpha. Maybe i will increase my backing.

TL;DR- BUY IT NOW

1 decade ago

La-Mulana 2 is the only game I've ever considered backing. I only didn't because dollars are expensive for me and the bonuses for backing (costumes and such) just didn't feel like they were worth it. I'm getting it the moment it hits steam, though!

1 decade ago

Me neither; Im Brazilian, dollar is expensive and couldn't care less for costumes(and i even found those ugly). Nonetheless were talking about INVESTING, backing the project, its not simply a pre-purchase. I want them to reach more then their goal, these are the(sort of) guys we must support to see cool things in gaming. Plus theres early access and all(not talking about the alpha, but closer to release).

1 decade ago

Posting something everyone sees on the front page of the Steam Store isn't very helpful. Maybe you can share more about why you're so enthusiastic about the game? Always great to hear the view points of people that have played the game!

1 decade ago

bundle game ....

1 decade ago

incoming La Mulana bundle, do not buy!

1 decade ago

Well, it already was in a bundle.

1 decade ago

desura key

1 decade ago

and Steam keys that were given when the game was greenlit...

1 decade ago

No.

1 decade ago

Yes.

1 decade ago

Fo'sho.

1 decade ago

Man i regret spending $1.50 on this