Playing Matters Recruitment Topic v2

Playing Matters is a group that values playing wins from SteamGifts. We hope to create a respectable and dependable platform to unite friendly and passionate gamers.
Our group is not so much about making giveaways, but about enjoying what we already have and sharing fun with like-minded people. We aim to create a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere in our group.

We fully encourage fun little chats to take place in our group giveaways. Additionally we have our own Discord server for our members to make new friends and enjoy each other’s company while also enjoying our wins.

Before applying to join our group, please make sure that:

How to apply:

If you meet the requirements mentioned above and want to join, reply to this topic stating that you are applying to the group and tell us a bit about your favourite SG win. It doesn’t have to be much - maybe a sentence or two.

Creating a BLAEO account is not required but we’d still like you to post the link to your profile if you have it, whether you use it actively or not.

We will have a look at your profile(s) and contact you in due time.

We hope to see you among us. Have fun winning games and playing them!

Please don’t send friend requests to mods or admins.

If you don't receive a direct reply within a reasonable amount of time (up to 48 hours), your application is likely under consideration. Also, if your application is rejected please don’t allow this to break your spirit. Instead use it as a motivation to discover and enjoy new games among your SG wins. Who knows, maybe your next favourite game is right around the corner.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

5 years ago

Games with ≥1 Achievement 75.0% (9/12)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 41.7% (5/12), completed: 0.00% (0/12)

You almost meet the minimum requirements, but not quite.

5 years ago

i'm always busy fighting the backlog but maybe it's enough. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

otherwise i'm forced to bring my tasty gibs somewhere else huehuehue

5 years ago

Games with ≥1 Achievement 36.5% (38/104)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 31.7% (33/104), completed: 20.2% (21/104)

Although you are making some decent progress on your backlog, I'm afraid that's not quite enough for this group. Feel free to reapply in the future once you beat more wins though :3

5 years ago

that's because i play and 100% the games and not just wait for the cards to drop and get the achievement for finishing the tutorial. ;)

5 years ago

Which is a great attitude to have, since that's kinda the whole point of the group. Except you seem to get one thing wrong - everyone in the group has 50%+ wins beaten (or very close to that number) - the achievement requirement is the absolute minimum before applying - just meeting that doesn't mean said person will get invited automatically.

So no, we don't invite people that just wait for the cards to drop and get the achievement for finishing the tutorial. ;)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

This is the recruitment topic. Such questions definitely belong to the steam discussions or discord.

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply :)

5 years ago

43%, time to focus on my wins again I think :3

5 years ago

You can do it! \o/

View attached image.
5 years ago

Hi, I'd like to apply for membership :)
As I've only won 1 game, I guess it would have to be my favourite. It's really quite nice, and probably a game I'd have dismissed if I'd seen it in the Steam store.

5 years ago

Hi,
You must have completely public Steam profile both during recruitment and when being a member of PM. Currently you have hidden playing time information.

5 years ago

Huh, I do? I wasn't even aware :o

I think I changed it now?

5 years ago

Looking into your accounts, team didn't find enough bases to invite you (yet).

Let this not discourage you from winning and playing games.

5 years ago

I understand, I'll come back later :)

5 years ago

Can I join if I finished 15,11% of my won games? I always finish game that I started so there is no 50% of wins with 25% achievement completion but 15,11% with 70-100% achievements.

5 years ago

No, refer to this comment for explanation.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I touched your bum! :D Whoops, I mean your Bump! :P

5 years ago

Hi, I would like to apply for the group please :3 With summer still inbound and pretty lax year next school year I will be more effective in clearing my backlog.

My favourite win ever from SG must be Stardew Valley. I came in expecting a lot and still got surprised by how fun and addicting it was. Wish I could erase my memory to play it again :P

5 years ago

Games with ≥1 Achievement 57.3% (43/75)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 49.3% (37/75), completed: 24.0% (18/75)

You're almost meeting the requirements, but not just yet. Feel free to come back once you finish a few more wins \o/

5 years ago

Hi! would like to join! I have lot of steam wins and some of them are of abandoned game where you cannot get any achievement or others which cannot even be launched, but the rest, I'm improving my stats so I will be active :)

5 years ago

Games with ≥1 Achievement 39.7% (75/189)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 20.1% (38/189), completed: 13.8% (26/189)

Gonna have to put a lot more work in your wins backlog to apply here I'm afraid.

5 years ago

Forgive me PM for I have sinned :-(. I did not finish my win (Prey) in 3 months. It took me 3 months and 9 days ( damn side quests... :-) ). I admit my mistake and humbly ask for re-invite. If you choose to not accept my sincere apology and reject my "re"application, I won't hold a grudge or feel angry at you, because it is mine and only mine fault. Thank you for reading this and considering my return. I also promise, should you choose to invite me, to better keep track of my wins and finish them in time.
BLAEO

5 years ago

Happy cakeday. Good job :3
Uhm, “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matthew 26:41)

Pic totally unrelated :D

View attached image.
5 years ago

Happy cake day \o/

And welcome back.

5 years ago

Hey, I would like to join, too. I was postponed last time I requested, because I didn't beat at least 50% of my wins. I changed this meanwhile. :) Thanks in advance !

5 years ago

I would like to apply for the DGS "Double Gold Standard" level

5 years ago

Bump and some information for fun, corresponding to our GA base. We were collecting information of all the giveaways shared with PM since the beginning of the group, hence this will include also assessment of winners not belonging to Playing Matters, but included in giveaways with other groups or whitelists.

Examined were giveaways starting from the beginning of PM (the end of April) and till the end of July. Note that only 1.5+ months have passed since the end of the latest of these giveaways, however statistics shows the global picture well enough and changes can only be minor. Values are approximate.

Among giveaways won by PM members:
4.5% of games were not started; including one gift a deadline of which hasn't yet passed
4.5% of games were played a lot but are not finished; also including one gift a deadline of which hasn't yet passed
91% of gifted games were beaten. This includes a lot of giveaways which yet haven't reached the deadline per rules. In fact, majority of wins is played by group members shortly after the giveaway. Good job, everybody!

Currently there are 6 gifted games which are not finished and past the deadline (3 of them are won by the same person though, so it makes 4 persons removed due to not finishing the game inside the 3 month interval).

Among shared giveaways occurred in the same time interval and won not by PM members:
85.5% of games were not played, and this includes 7.5% of games which were "tried" and almost immediately dropped;
5.5% of games were played more but are not finished;
9% of games appear to be beaten or completed. Majority of these winners while not being PM members belong to APG group.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hey, I would like to join!
I don't have a favourite SG win, but Borderlands 2 is with 136 hours my most played game. :D

5 years ago

Hey, i would like to apply.My favorite sg win would be Dead by Daylight,because this game was my wishlist and ı like horror games.When I won that game, I did buy for my friends this game.This game very terrible.

5 years ago

Games with ≥1 Achievement 12.5% (10/80)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 5.00% (4/80), completed: 1.25% (1/80)

You're gonna need to put a lot more effort into playing your wins to be considered for this group :)

5 years ago

Heya! I'm not too sure if I'm compatible for this group (I don't have that many won games with a lot of playtime, but I did try them all at some point) so I came here to check. I currently am unable to finish some due to me having a mac and some games being incompatible with it (I won them back when I had a windows computer). Now, I only join giveaways that I can actually play, of course! XP

If I don't meet the requirements, that's alright. But if I do, here's my favourite game I won on here (it's a little more than a few sentences :P).

I have a lot of favourite wins on here (Puzzle Agent 2 was great, Poker Night at The Inventory was a whale of a time), but Ticket definitely takes the cake. From the outside, it doesn't look like much. Poorly drawn amateur platformer like all that other shovelware currently on Steam, right? WRONG! Ticket is a magical experience that cannot be described. It takes you across many different lands, from an old man's brain to actual hell. It is not merely a platformer, but every single amazing thing mashed into one! You can buy a horse, ride a worm, fight Satan, summon a campfire spirit and break the fourth wall multiple times - and many more! Magicdweedoo, the stylish creator of Ticket, has expertly crafted this plethora of activities and seamlessly combined them into one gaming experience. Although the graphics of this masterpiece might look 'horrible' and 'not good' at first glance, the style grows on the player like a mighty fungus as the game goes on. The graphics complement the game's strange, but enticing sense of humour. Everything connects together to create a game that will amaze and engage you to the very end.
(Okay, maybe that was a bit exaggerated...but the game really is entertaining and I really enjoyed it!)

Thanks in advance! :)

5 years ago

Hi there. I'm afraid that right now you don't meet the minimum criteria for joining the group (stats at the bottom of this reply).

Although I can see that you're fairly passionate about gaming, our group focuses on beating wins, not just trying them out. Being careful about what you join is definitely a good approach, but we don't sweep old wins under the rug like that. Feel free to reapply once you beat more of your wins though :)

Games with ≥1 Achievement 66.7% (8/12)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 33.3% (4/12), completed: 0.00% (0/12)

5 years ago

Understood, thank you very much for the reply!

5 years ago

I would like to join, but I think I'm an edge case right now. My BLAEO SteamGifts win category shows I've beaten or completed exactly 50% of my wins. I'm about to start, beat, and hopefully get all the achievements in another win, so that percentage will go up. I swear my percentages were better before that big community train that happened recently.

Here is my BLAEO SteamGifts win page: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/lists/9b4347d

My favorite wins so far are actually the Midnight Mysteries hidden object games. I think I may have won all of them. I was surprised by the fun way they brought history and literature into the stories when so many HOGs have such generic and bland stories. Pickers was also a fun twist on the genre. There are also a couple of sequels I've won to series I liked, such as Silence and Chaos on Deponia.

I also really liked Dreadout but my save got corrupted halfway through (fell through the map, where it autosaved) and I was too annoyed about that to start again, though I want to start it again this month because it will be good for Halloween.

Here is my BLAEO profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/TrilledMeow

I've been pretty active since I joined, and despite what my little pie chart looks like, I've actually been making great progress on my backlog.

Thanks for your consideration.

5 years ago

Hi. Any chance of becoming a donor only member of your group? I realize that I'm not even close to your requirements and don't want to enter GAs but just make them for this group. You can check my track record with PA, if you like, which bears this out. Thanks :)

5 years ago

Hello, thank you for the offer. We do not currently have a dedicated guest gifter role, but you can feel free to add me on steam if you would like me to share invite-only giveaways with the group, as stated in our FAQ:

Can I be a guest gifter?
Of course you can. Contact a mod with the link for your invite-only giveaway and they will share the link with the group. Only the group members will be able see the link so your giveaway won't be leaked.

5 years ago

Seems I missed that. Thank you. I usually make multi-group GAs, but I can probably make the invite only option work from time to time. Added :)

5 years ago

I'm not sure about my % stats but still i'd like to apply. If game i won have achievements => I'm IN :D
I'm trying to lift my steam achevement rate (57% so far ^_^ ). I enjoyed "Dinosaur hunt" from SG, I had fun time playing it.
"Adventures on the polutted island" didn't have achievements but i still complete the story - you dodn't often have game where you're controlling crab which is throwing boomerangs xD

5 years ago

Hi. You currently do not meet the minimum requirements to join the group, but feel free to reapply in the future.

Also, your playtime is hidden from public which is not allowed in our group, but I suppose that's irrelevant for now as you do not pass the achievement requirement regardless.

Games with ≥1 Achievement 50.0% (4/8)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 37.5% (3/8), completed: 37.5% (3/8)

5 years ago

Hey, it's me again ^_^
Could You check my profile again ?? I think I'll hit the requairements and I agree to maintain them.

5 years ago

Hi again.

Although you do indeed meet the minimum requirements, you did not pass the voting phase. Hope you continue to enjoy your sg wins, though :)

5 years ago

wow, this is a hardcore group... o_0

5 years ago

If playing games instead of idling them is considered hardcore nowadays, sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 years ago

I was implying the requirements were, not that playing is hardcore.

5 years ago

I have a pretty astounding backlog between Steam, GOG, miscellaneous downloadable PC titles, NES, FDS, Game Boy, and Game Gear right now, so I'm not even close to meeting the criteria just yet, but I wanted to say that this group is an awesome idea. I never put in for a game that I don't intend to play, or even pick them up for free elsewhere if they don't interest me, though I will grab them to put them on here, in case someone else might and missed the giveaway. I might come back once I've played more of them, though I'm a bit of a digital recluse, but know that I applaud what you're all doing here!

5 years ago

Thanks for the support :)

5 years ago

Invite me in your group please

5 years ago

No.

5 years ago

Hi !
I would want to try to join your awesome group !
I love to finish the games I win. At first I was no very achievements oriented and I decided to check them more often a few weeks ago when I found your group. Now I find it even more fun to try to finish everyhting to 100% I managed it on the last two games I won and although it was not easy it is something I am proud of (Sexy Brutale and Styx)! Wether you accept me or not I will go ahead and try to reapply later with even more achievements unlocked. I love 95% of the games I have won, but I was quite lucky, I must admit ! was quite lucky !
I had most fun playing 3d games like dead rising and styx. Batman would be my favourite due to the lot of play hours that left to be played there, though Styx was awesome...
I you accept me as a memeber I ll try to win only games I think I will have fun to finish and I will really try to make my achivement rate go higher and higher !

5 years ago

Hi. It is awesome that you are interested in playing your wins. Quite a list of fine games you have there.
I'd like to note that the group is not achievement oriented, any achievement-related requirements are only serving as an indicator of games being played. Group members are encouraged to beat their games in a way they feel fun and rewarding.

Your accounts are fresh and you have ever played only SG wins and few other games (more precisely, e.g. only one non-win game with a long playing time). Giving an extra attention to received gifts is understandable, but aforementioned is rather strange. How does it work, did you open the world of Steam gaming only when decided to appreciate won SG gifts? (Which seem to be plentiful/frequent enough to take all the playing time since then). What about interest in gaming generally? Have you played on other platforms/consoles, or probably with a different account?

5 years ago

Yeah I am quite an old player but only a young addicted one!
I started playing mario and sonic at 15 yo but these games were already quite old! My brother played PC games but only tried few ones. I remember he made me play doom or some kind of 3rd person shooter with a borrowed second pc and a cable. But at this time playing with a keyboard was really hard for me and quite boring.
I stopped playing for years. With my first kid I had plenty of time to spend with myself and I started reading a lot! With my first girl I had even more time and I tried to write novels... With my second girl who slept less I had not enough time to keep on. I started playing on my ipad and on my android phone. In fact I spent probably almost as much time! I still have at least one android game ready to be played when I have to wait. I am curently playing Warlords of Aternum not as good as clash of clans but I was about to put money on it and it helped me stop!
PC games came with my boy getting old enough to play. He came back one day wanting to play minecraft. That was maybe a year ago. His godfather bought him a xbox one pad and the game on my pc but not on steam (windows game center?).
I asked for less childish game for me and maybe I hoped he tried something else. He is not allowed to play a lot everyday but he stayed Minecraft only minded... My brother and his godfather helped me set up my steam account and they shared their way to get games. They stoke up a lot of crappy games they had for free or almost on my account to help me get allowed on playing appreciated and then let me roll!
Sure I should go check if there are some nice AAA games waiting there to be played and taking some dust! But I am quite bad at chosing my games and I had a lot of fun feeling a bit compeled to finish those games I won it releaved me a lot from my daily chores!
You know me more now!

5 years ago

We do ;3 Thank you for reply.

Yes, we fully encourage you to find time to play and possibly beat all your wins so far. This is a responsible approach. Not only this should be fun and deliver the message of appreciation to all your gifters. This also helps to understand own gaming tastes and make right choices in all the future giveaways.

There are quite a lot of good games on your account but it is hard to make advices; depends on your tastes.
I have enjoyed Shadowrun Returns greatly; it is a tactics rpg game in a cyberpunk setting.
You may or may not find Darkest Dungeon to be a rewarding game - depends on your tolerance to punishing game mechanics ;) But setting is charming.

5 years ago

Thank you!
Oddly enough I found that Darkest Dungeon graphics had a cute touch and I tried it but I found the tutorial too hard and was a bit deceived but nowI should be able to give it a second try!

5 years ago

It looks like I can finally apply now.

My BLAEO SG win page

My stats using Kelnage's script:
Games with ≥1 Achievement: 63.9% (23/36)
Achievement Rates chart ≥25% complete: 55.6% (20/36), completed: 2.78% (1/36)

My favourite played win has to be Steins;Gate but I've also loved playing though Fallout 4, Pyre, Cuphead.

5 years ago

Indeed a good effort on your wins backlog.

What can you comment about this giveaway? It was won in APG, a group with playing wins rules, plus while also being its single participant. What is your position regarding this game?
There is also so many fine titles won during last year, not yet started. How long do you think beating these games will take? We encourage group members to manage winning appetites vs possibilities to enjoy the wins in a realistic manner. You have been doing a good job on this recently and we hope that you won't stop on recruitment requirement level shall you join us.

5 years ago*

Oh, don't be mistaken, I'm very grateful for that gift and intend to play it before the year is over.
The only reason I've delayed it was because I've tried to take one 4X game at time. When I won this GA, I said I wanted to play Civ V before (which I did) and before starting this win, it seems only fair to play through an older 4X win, Age of Wonders III, which I'm doing at the moment. And I also won Civ VI just before winning Beyond Earth! I've also played other lengthy games lately (as posted on BLAEO) but that's not really an excuse.
My objective for joining this group is not primarily to win more games but to give good games that I know will be played by the other members. I've always intended to play all my wins and whether I join this group or not won't change that.

5 years ago*

Closed 4 years ago by bludshade.