Playing Matters Recruitment Topic v2

Playing Matters is a group that values playing wins from SteamGifts. We hope to create a respectable and dependable platform to unite friendly and passionate gamers.
Our group is not so much about making giveaways, but about enjoying what we already have and sharing fun with like-minded people. We aim to create a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere in our group.

We fully encourage fun little chats to take place in our group giveaways. Additionally we have our own Discord server for our members to make new friends and enjoy each other’s company while also enjoying our wins.

Before applying to join our group, please make sure that:

How to apply:

If you meet the requirements mentioned above and want to join, reply to this topic stating that you are applying to the group and tell us a bit about your favourite SG win. It doesn’t have to be much - maybe a sentence or two.

Creating a BLAEO account is not required but we’d still like you to post the link to your profile if you have it, whether you use it actively or not.

We will have a look at your profile(s) and contact you in due time.

We hope to see you among us. Have fun winning games and playing them!

Please don’t send friend requests to mods or admins.

If you don't receive a direct reply within a reasonable amount of time (up to 48 hours), your application is likely under consideration. Also, if your application is rejected please don’t allow this to break your spirit. Instead use it as a motivation to discover and enjoy new games among your SG wins. Who knows, maybe your next favourite game is right around the corner.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would like to join the group

5 years ago

Nope

5 years ago

That was a quick rejection :D

5 years ago

Hi, I'd like to join.
My favorite game was my first win, Saints Row 3. Had a lot of good times doing the zany missions with a friend.

5 years ago

Hi,

We are not interested in recruiting people that use SAM or similar achievement unlocking tools.

5 years ago

Fair enough, thanks for your time.

5 years ago

Might it be possible for me to join?

So far my favorite SG win has actually been Crusader Kings 2, though I almost never play in Ironman mode, so it's a lil hard to tell from the lack of achievements. The reason it's my favorite is both since I'm a fan of world strategy games and since it was my first win since I more or less rejoined Steamgifts after a few months of absence with a new "philosophy" so to speak. Thanks to it, I've started avoiding games that I either don't think my PC can handle or don't trust to not be terrible.. The past week of playing my old wins has taught me that that was a very good change to make.. ^^;

5 years ago

Hi,

Although you do indeed meet the minimum requirements, our team didn't find strong enough bases for inviting you. Hope you continue to enjoy your sg wins, though :)

5 years ago

I see, that's a shame, but I'll certainly continue enjoying my wins ^^ Though, would you happen to have any advice that might help me earn an invitation?

5 years ago

Sorry, but no - we keep things vague for a reason.

5 years ago

That's alright, I'll just keep working on it and try again some other time ^^

5 years ago

Hi, I'd like to join the group. I've only won one game so far: Sorry, James. It's quite a short game, but I found myself enjoying the puzzle mechanics as well as the atmosphere and story. It's quite fun going back through the entries in order and piecing together the real story.

5 years ago

Hi, this is awesome when new SG users choose to follow playing all the wins principle from the very beginning, and we would like to fully encourage this. And it is great that you found us.

However there are always extra nuances with users who have yet extremely low number of wins and very little information for our team to consider. We will respond after the team discussions. Meanwhile, please enjoy your wins. Since you won a second game after application, it doesn't automatically make application invalid despite we require 80% of wins taken a good care. However, mind that a group member follows the playing wins principle, and commits to rules, which means for account with very few wins that games should be taken care of before accumulating more (by playing these soon after winning and/or by restricting own participation in new giveaways, whatever mode fits the group member better).

5 years ago*

Yes, I plan to finish Psychonauts as well! I've heard a lot of good things about it since a while ago. I'll let you know when I've beaten it so you can review my application again.

5 years ago

I would like to join the group.
My Blaeo's account: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/skunlte 68% Beaten/completed

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

I would like to join. Currently at 56% with at least 25% achievements, working on improving this.
BLAEO: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/RikkiUW

5 years ago*

Hey, working through my slowly growing steam library as well as the fair requirements here.
Thanks for introducing BLAEO, I didn't knew how much I could need something like that to help me out! :D I've just requested to join and I'd have that not-required-link soon-ish.
I could also bring my permalink comment from Playing Appreciated entry, mind you I haven't updated it in a while but still kept butchering those games worthy of be played and more importantly, enjoyed.
I do believe in only entering for games I do want and intend to play, I've been here in SG a few years but "entering anything" mistakes in the past are beyond me.
So my question for you is, is it okay to still apply to enter if I only wish to enter to giveaways I'm genuinely interested? and wouldn't be considered an inactive user like some other group member thought it could be?

I do remember playing Fortix :P think it was a multiple winners gib, just checked and looks like I got exactly half the achievements for it, played Fortix 2 but didn't get as many. This was like 5 years ago when I joined SG. The achievement hunt part is fairly recent! but good thing I can always work backwards when present ones no more!
Half-Life 2, ogh who could forget that? 55% achivs done, more to come, eventually. Now, To the moon, I couldn't bring myself to play it thoroughly as it deserves; partially because I've been spoiled of what it's about, there's a moment to play such moving games and I just still have this pending.

Surely anyone who looks for it will find traces of idling/farming, I wont deny it as it was for the longest time my sole income for buy games, even when we haven't had region lock issues like nowadays. Even tho I'm a tad bit better, trading cards fulfill both collectibles and economic requirements, I do play my games so their time will come eventually!
The typing of the Dead: Overkill, not my fav, sure, but still had fun playing it, I don't care much for outdated graphics but at that time I used it to help me improve my typing skills for a job application. It helped me pass the test so I could study and have fun with the short cheesy story, too bad back then I didn't had a mechanical kb eh? XD

Sorry, going one by one it'd be hell, (I'll need script help and their acceptance or reject could take a while) it's 5 years worth winnings, tho I've haven't done really well here in SG, (or other sites for that matter) I guess I'm just not that lucky, that's all, no big deal.
More edits incoming!

Alright, I'll update this when developments allow it. If you decide I don't belong here for whatever reason, then nothing I can do but appreciate a polite response. Thanks.
Sorry for the wall of text, Hopefully we'll see each other soon-ish.
Be well and godspeed :)

5 years ago*

Hey there,

Glad you found out about BLAEO through us. It's definitely a useful tool if you need some extra motivation :)

I do believe in only entering for games I do want and intend to play, I've been here in SG a few years but "entering anything" mistakes in the past are beyond me.

Happened to most of us at the start :p

So my question for you is, is it okay to still apply to enter if I only wish to enter to giveaways I'm genuinely interested? and wouldn't be considered an inactive user like some other group member thought it could be?

That's pretty much how the group works - we have no activity rules (well, I guess playing group wins would be something along those lines, but that's after the actually winning something first part)

Surely anyone who looks for it will find traces of idling/farming, I wont deny it as it was for the longest time my sole income for buy games, even when we haven't had region lock issues like nowadays. Even tho I'm a tad bit better, trading cards fulfill both collectibles and economic requirements, I do play my games so their time will come eventually!

Idling games before playing them is not necessarily an issue. There are many users that do the same.

Sorry, going one by one it'd be hell, (I'll need script help and their acceptance or reject could take a while) it's 5 years worth winnings, tho I've haven't done really well here in SG, (or other sites for that matter) I guess I'm just not that lucky, that's all, no big deal.

I can help with that, not a problem :)
Games with ≥1 Achievement 24.5% (12/49)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 12.2% (6/49), completed: 4.08% (2/49)

Although I can see that you're working on your backlog, it's probably gonna be a while until you meet the minimum requirements, I'm afraid. Maybe BLAEO will be the push you need :)

Feel free to reapply once you meet the requirements ^^
(Oh, and BLAEO can be used to track that too, more or less - you won't need to install the script to check your progress)

5 years ago

Thanks a bunch!
BLAEO is members only now, so I couldn't use it unless I'm IN.

So it's not only about the SG winnings?; all library games count? oh for the love of all that is sacred! if those are my stats (1200 games total) then people with 5K or more.... XD

Anyhow I have a long road ahead.. Thanks again and good luck!

5 years ago

You will likely be added to BLAEO within a day or two.

And noooo, definitely not your entire library - most of us wouldn't qualify otherwise :p The script stats are taken from your SG wins

5 years ago

Oh okay! I'll take a look at the script later (when/if accepted) the wins I checked one by one most didn't even had achievements, so it's harder or impossible to "prove" progress :P
Thanks for everything, I'll get out of your hair now so you can go back to do your stuff :)

5 years ago

Hi i want to join but i guess i should have play the games i won on SG ? i only won 5 games in total and i think i didnt play them or i did cant remember but i will play the batman that i won lately
so i dont know if i can join or not

5 years ago

I don't know how it's possible to not remember if you played your wins when you only have 5 of them, but to answer your question: No, you didn't play any of them, so you cannot join the group.

5 years ago

I have an extension for that - your total playtime of games you won here is 1 minute total. If you were wondering. :p

5 years ago

Bump

View attached image.
5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

5 years ago

Heya. You do not currently meet the minimum criteria for the group, but feel free to reapply once you have played through more of your wins :)

Games with ≥1 Achievement 75.0% (6/8)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 37.5% (3/8), completed: 0.00% (0/8)

5 years ago

im applying. the only game I didnt play is i didnt get a key... Also, I stream from time to time on twitch under the same name. cheers :)

5 years ago

Hi there. Our group focuses on beating games, not just trying them out.

Games with ≥1 Achievement 20.0% (1/5)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 0.00% (0/5), completed: 0.00% (0/5)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

No.

5 years ago

sneaky bump

5 years ago

How do I check "played wins"? I recently started going through all my wins on SteamGifts and I would also love to join the group once I am ready to apply.

5 years ago

The quickest way would be to use this script. Of course, this does not track games without achievements and such - if you'd prefer some extra motivation and a better way to sort your backlog, consider looking at BLAEO

These are your current stats, for example:

Games with ≥1 Achievement 10.4% (33/317)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 4.42% (14/317), completed: 2.21% (7/317)

5 years ago

I don't want to install Temper Monkey so BLAEO seems the only way. I've asked if I could join the site, still waiting for reply though. Thank you!

5 years ago

Heyho!

I am member of a similar group called Playing Appraciated, and I am member of it almost 2 years. Here is my working progress there.

I don't have a BLAEO account, to be honest this is the first time I have heard it. I can look into that if it's required later.

I really like browsing AStats. Here is my aStats profile

My favourite wins are Life is Strange, Walking Dead season 2 and the best is probably Firewatch.
Won, but still want to play later: Stanley Parable, Hitman: Absolution
Started but not finished and still want to finish them: Dark Souls 2, Brütal Legend

I used to card idling, but I rarely do that nowadays.

5 years ago

Hi. You're pretty far from meeting the minimum criteria to apply for this group, but feel free to come back in the future if you decide to play more of your wins :)

Games with ≥1 Achievement 17.0% (26/153)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 10.5% (16/153), completed: 2.61% (4/153)

5 years ago

Okaydokey! Have a good day!

5 years ago

Hi! So far I've only won 3 games, but I played all of them (didnt really finish all of them but I plan to do so). My favorite so far is Beholder, it has an interesting concept and gameplay. Do I need to have the minimun for all my games or only the ones I won here?
Anyway, I'm applying now but thanks even if I don't meet the criteria :)

5 years ago

Hi. Although you do indeed meet the minimum requirements, our team didn't find strong enough bases to invite you at the moment. We hope you continue to enjoy your sg wins, though :)

5 years ago

Hi I would like to apply.
Only have won 2 games yet, but im enjoying Shelter 2. Dont have any achievements yet, they are difficult to get and only playing in normal mode for now, after my tests I will play more.

5 years ago

Hi. We'll still be here after your tests, so feel free to come back once you actually meet the minimum requirements for the group :)

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Hello, I haven't won any games yet, so I am definitely motivated to play whatever I win :)

5 years ago

Hi. Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to judge whether you'd fit into the group or not seeing as you haven't won anything yet. I was going to recommend joining Unlucky-7, but you seem to already be in that one. Maybe try Playing Appreciated as well, since I believe you can apply there by other means besides your current play ratio.

5 years ago

Oh, thanks for the suggestion - I'll win a couple games, and reapply when I've played them.

5 years ago

You're welcome, and good luck on winning :)

5 years ago

I would like to apply. My profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/driby

Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 60% (36/60)

Kinda ashamed of the old me, who only want to get +1 and trading cards via winning giveaways on SG. That's pretty much why there are 1/3 wins I added to "won't play". It took me 3 months to realise that I ought to join what I intend to play only.(I came back to SG on late June 2018.) There are only 3 games I added to won't play list after August, they're Skullgirls (am incomponent to play), Wizardry 6 and 7(I thought I would love them, but after I played a bit the 6, they're clearly not my cup of tea. Could've searched more infos of them, especially gameplay videos. Could've prevented winning those games.)

Even if my application got rejected, I will still keep playing my wins. Won't take it personal. :)

5 years ago

Statistics per script is quite good and clear information on BLAEO is appreciated. But this big number of games in "won't play" is rather disturbing. Plus, there is a great number of good games not yet tried; it would be a shame to see these in "won't play".

It is great that you are learning now to research more information beforehand. However Playing Matters desires to see its members giving more chances to the past wins. This could also be the best way to enhance own tastes in gaming and ga participation principles, while appreciating past offerings of SG community. At the moment fraction of your dropped wins is far above of that of an average PM member.

(Team is still discussing the application.)

5 years ago

Hi there, sorry for taking so long.

Although you do meet the minimum criteria, we're gonna have to say no for now unfortunately. Most users have, let's call them undesired wins, from back when they first joined, but most people in PM are still willing to give them a chance. I can't speak for others, but I've personally had several pleasant surprises from games I wouldn't think of trying otherwise if they weren't sg wins (and a couple of bad surprises from things I thought I'd enjoy - it goes both ways). I understand that not everyone is willing to spend time doing things they may not enjoy, but that's just how it is - we still need to bear responsibility for things we've done in the past.

As you've said though, I hope you continue to enjoy your sg wins - and feel free to reapply if you end up changing your mind :)

5 years ago

Reapply. I've beaten quite a lot of sg wins in the past couple months. I'm aware that there're still some very good sg wins I haven't tried yet; gonna say that I'm very willing to beat them.

I promise I will stick and act with the approach of PM ─ beating possibly all the wins. Before joining a giveaway, not only consider if I'm interested of it, but also consider if I have time to beat it.

5 years ago

I have to say that's a pretty impressive improvement :)

However, although I don't think there will be any objections, you're gonna have to wait a few days for the rest of the staff to come back. I'll get back to you once they've voted as well.

Only replied early because I'm not sure how long this will take.

4 years ago

It doesn't matter. To reapply PM is more like reaching a goal honestly. And I'm very patient. Joining a small group and try to win more games, which isn't really my intent.

4 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

No.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Games with ≥1 Achievement 6.67% (9/135)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 0.741% (1/135), completed: 0.00% (0/135)

You're not even remotely close to meeting the minimum criteria.

5 years ago

Hi, I'd like to join. Newish to SG. First few weeks I made the mistake of entering everything I could to just get a win. I discovered I could hide games and now have over 5400+ hidden. And I now look at game reviews before entering to see if I am interested. I am really only interested in games that catch my eye. And I've starting to add reviews on Steam. Plus tell the givers when I finish their giveaway.

Did humble give aways with NA region lock because I didnt know if the keys would work outside of the US region. Probably another mistake. I think Humble doesnt have region blocks?

Did a few Steam Gifts without region locks, which seemed to go well other than waiting on winners to add me as a Steam friend.

I've completed 7 of my 12 (58%) SG wins:
Small Town Terrors Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition (10 of 15 achievements 66%)
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (7 of 15 achievs 47%)
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (25 of 34 achieves 74%)
Wick (19 of 37 achievs 51%)
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You (13 of 27 achievs 48%)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (13 of 27 achievs 48%)
Duke of Alpha Centauri (127/128 achievs 99%)

5 years ago

This is great to hear that you took a more reasonable approach to wins, and relatively quickly after registering.
Humble has region restrictions. Rarely these are not true and keys can be activated anywhere but usually you can't know this in advance.

I played 2 of shadowrun campaigns and these were great games <3 Reminds strongly of old cyberpunk such as Neuromancer.

We'd prefer a comment about one of your earlier wins from Playing Appreciated. This was only about a month ago since you are new here, so this is still pretty timely. PA has playing wins rules. You have won Vermintide and played it only a bit, which is in regard of this game close to nothing. Now, it doesn't matter if this is considered played by their rules, what do you think yourself, is it played enough for being considered a finished business?

5 years ago

I ran into the frustration of lack of player base online. Each scenario is 20-30 minutes long. Or feels like it.
It appears to be a good co-op game, just no saves and I had trouble (or had bad luck) micromanaging the AI.
When someone joins, it can be fun. When no one joined, I was stuck with 3 AI buddies.
Lego Hobbit, no internet multiplayer coded, another co-op game I was looking forward to.

https://steamcharts.com/app/235540
With the player base shrinking, it could be the majority are playing end game content or DLC, which I dont have unlocked.
With Vermintide 2, its player base is pretty active, shrinking, but way healthier than the first Vermintide.
https://steamcharts.com/app/552500

Choice is to idle for who know how long for another player to maybe join or play with AI until someone swaps in. When I'm taken down and need the AI to rescue me, they are stuck on a different part of the map. Happened to me twice in a row.
All that progress lost and start over because theres no save. Alot of action going on and I lose track of where AI is.

To answer your question, it is not finished, far from it. Would I enter the GA again if given a chance? No.
I've recently started passing from entering games that have reviews saying there is no player base.
I've passed on the Vermintide DLC GAs, Looks good, but I have no way of knowing how active the DLC's player base is. Could be more active since its newer, but thats a gamble because steamcharts doesnt separate the DLC player counts.

5 years ago

AI bot is horible, spent several hours with zero progress other than a couple flakes of experience.

5 years ago

I still need to give it a go for a couple more hours.

5 years ago

And my favorite... Almost said Orwell, but Shadowrun. It reminded me of old school X-Com. The end was a bit drawn out but will still satisfying.

5 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by bludshade.