Playing Matters Recruitment Topic v2

Playing Matters is a group that values playing wins from SteamGifts. We hope to create a respectable and dependable platform to unite friendly and passionate gamers.
Our group is not so much about making giveaways, but about enjoying what we already have and sharing fun with like-minded people. We aim to create a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere in our group.

We fully encourage fun little chats to take place in our group giveaways. Additionally we have our own Discord server for our members to make new friends and enjoy each other’s company while also enjoying our wins.

Before applying to join our group, please make sure that:

How to apply:

If you meet the requirements mentioned above and want to join, reply to this topic stating that you are applying to the group and tell us a bit about your favourite SG win. It doesn’t have to be much - maybe a sentence or two.

Creating a BLAEO account is not required but we’d still like you to post the link to your profile if you have it, whether you use it actively or not.

We will have a look at your profile(s) and contact you in due time.

We hope to see you among us. Have fun winning games and playing them!

Please don’t send friend requests to mods or admins.

If you don't receive a direct reply within a reasonable amount of time (up to 48 hours), your application is likely under consideration. Also, if your application is rejected please don’t allow this to break your spirit. Instead use it as a motivation to discover and enjoy new games among your SG wins. Who knows, maybe your next favourite game is right around the corner.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hello there. I would like to apply to the group. One of my favourite wins on SG is Mad Max - a good mix of fighting, driving and exploration with RPG elements.

4 years ago

Hello. I'm replying to this topic to state that I would like to apply to the group (I'm sorry for my humor), because I like the idea behind the group. My favorite SG win is Half Life 2, it has a balanced way of mixing action with light puzzle sections. HL3 when? :D

4 years ago

Please invite me!
My fav win is Tomb Raider because I always wanted to play it and finally was able to. And it was as good as I hoped it would be \o/
BLAEO Account

4 years ago

Could you clarify what is the problem with Batman™: Arkham Knight?
You marked it as "won't play", at the same time this game is likely the most lengthy win you have.

4 years ago

I just didn't like it. I never was a Batman Fan, never have seen any movie so I didn't get anything. :/ It was just not my type of game and I'd rather play games I enjoy.

4 years ago

You haven't ever start the game as far as account tells.
Why did you participate in the giveaway? Could this happen to new wins?

4 years ago

I played the prequel and watched a video on youtube if Arkham Knight would give me the same feeling.
I entered the giveaway because I thought the games would be fun. I liked the old Spiderman games on PS2 and Batman reminded me of it. But turns out I was wrong.
And well. Yes probably. I only enter wishlisted or recommended but mistakes will happen. Just recently I traded 15(!) games for only one game in return which was on my wishlist and I thought I would love and then I couldn't bring myself to play it :') But it probably won't happen that I tag a game as won't play without playing it first.

4 years ago*

This whole situation with the game you decided to not play after watching videos, when you have already won it, looks superficial at the very least. Almost a year has passed; hopefully this is obvious at this point that the best way to avoid/minimize such mistakes is to check these videos and any other relevant info before you participate in giveaways. You still may find a lot to improve in regard of learning own tastes and recognizing what you may or may not enjoy in a game, using the existing information.

Note that our group tries to gather people with certain values. Generally, mindful and reasonable approach to what one wants and what this one can/do. Responsible and respectful handling of interactions with others (receiving gifts included). This means not only beating wins from inside the group but also applying similar principles to other wins too.

Application is still under discussion, we will contact you later.

4 years ago*

Yes, I do that. As I said I only enter wishlisted and recommended GA (currently a total of 14 and most of the time there are less than 10 for weeks) and of course I first check the steam page and eventually block games I do not want to play. So I indeed do think that I fit to the group bc I do appreciate every win. It just was an unlucky mistake. And I would be really glad if you'd give me a chance :)

4 years ago

Hi, I would like to join.
Link to BLAEO profile
DYEPB (won on SG stats) : ≥25% complete: 61.3% (19/31), completed: 32.3% (10/31) (please correct if data is somehow wrong)

My favorite SteamGifts win is my first one (System Shock : Enhanced Edition). I won it back when I joined every GA I could without doing even the slightest bit of research on them (I've stopped doing this only about 2 months ago, I wish I stopped sooner).

It took me a while to get into it because I hated it at first. The pixelated graphics, the clunky, dated, sometimes unresponsive, keyboard-centric controls (I only found out about a quarter through the game that the controls could be modified into easier mouse-and-keyboard controls after watching a streamer playing it) and the buggy way that monsters respawn.

Despite all that, I learned to enjoy every aspect of it little by little until I was just having fun exploring everything and figuring out how stuff works in the game. I learned to love all the datalogs which told the story from different perspectives, and the objectives and mini-games which took some time to figure out unlike in today's games which are just littered with blatant hints and straightforward in-game indicators. I never expected that a game that's more than 2 decades old can be one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.

4 years ago

Sorry, I think I have already asked, but can someone check my stats for me? :)

4 years ago

Here you go;

Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 40.4% (67/166), completed: 2.41% (4/166)

4 years ago

uhm, what does this mean? :p

4 years ago

That means "%25 of the achievement completed" on the games you play is %40 of your wins and "%100 achievement completed" %2.4. One of the requirement that group asks users to have at least %50 on "%25 achievement completed" You are %40 So you are close to that one. There is a link for other requirements in the OP.

4 years ago

Thank you for your help! :) Have a whitelist, if youll ever would want any of my shitty GA's x)

4 years ago

You are welcome. Glad i could help. o/

4 years ago

Hello. I would like to apply to the group. One of my favourite wins on SG is Mr Shifty - its similar to Hotline Miami and i loved it so much.

4 years ago

Hi, although you do meet the minimum playing requirements, you do not pass one of the core rules (#3) mentioned in the Rules & Guidelines so your application will not be considered.

4 years ago

i just have one unactivated key from years ago Wrestling Spirit 3. Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2017 is Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 4 in my library creator gave me wrong key. give me a chance please. i am a gamer, i want to play more games and finish

4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by bludshade.