Playing Matters Recruitment Topic v2

Playing Matters is a group that values playing wins from SteamGifts. We hope to create a respectable and dependable platform to unite friendly and passionate gamers.
Our group is not so much about making giveaways, but about enjoying what we already have and sharing fun with like-minded people. We aim to create a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere in our group.

We fully encourage fun little chats to take place in our group giveaways. Additionally we have our own Discord server for our members to make new friends and enjoy each other’s company while also enjoying our wins.

Before applying to join our group, please make sure that:

How to apply:

If you meet the requirements mentioned above and want to join, reply to this topic stating that you are applying to the group and tell us a bit about your favourite SG win. It doesn’t have to be much - maybe a sentence or two.

Creating a BLAEO account is not required but we’d still like you to post the link to your profile if you have it, whether you use it actively or not.

We will have a look at your profile(s) and contact you in due time.

We hope to see you among us. Have fun winning games and playing them!

Please don’t send friend requests to mods or admins.

If you don't receive a direct reply within a reasonable amount of time (up to 48 hours), your application is likely under consideration. Also, if your application is rejected please don’t allow this to break your spirit. Instead use it as a motivation to discover and enjoy new games among your SG wins. Who knows, maybe your next favourite game is right around the corner.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I would like to apply. My profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Aldowuj
I have at the moment a complete percentage of 71%.
At the moment I havent won a gift on steamgifts.
I am also in the playing apreciated group

5 years ago

Hi there. Seeing as you haven't won anything on SG yet, it's quite difficult to judge whether you would fit in our group or not. Might wanna consider applying to something like Unlucky-7 to get you started :)

5 years ago

Ok, no problem. I will reaply when I have won (and finnished) something on steamgifts

5 years ago

Hi, I would like to reapply. I have won some games and played them (and still playing them). My profile is https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Aldowuj

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

I'd like to apply and I believe I've met the requirements despite not having played or beaten nearly as many as I'd like to, they're all in my !SteamGifts category at the top of my library until I get around to them though so if I'm not ready yet then hopefully I'll be soon :P

My favorite win so far would be AngerForce: Reloaded, I've never played a shmup or at least given one an honest shot before and I fell in love with it pretty quickly. I found it ridiculously hard, especially on the higher difficulties holy crap, but every time I did a run I got a higher score and a little bit farther than the last time. I almost gave up beating the final boss on expert but I pulled the classic 'wake up in the morning and play 10x better than you did the night before', and now 3 of the game's achievements are proudly displayed on my rarest achievement showcase :)

5 years ago

Hi there. Actually, you do not currently meet the minimum requirements for the group, but feel free to reapply once you've played more of your wins :)

Games with ≥1 Achievement 65.2% (15/23)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 39.1% (9/23), completed: 26.1% (6/23)

5 years ago

Hello. I'd like to apply if possible.
My BLAEO profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Xeloses

My favorite wins on SG was RE:Revelations and Outlast II.Awesome games, with wonderful atmosphere, good storyline and interest gameplay.
Both I have completed main storyline, but still not 100%. In RE:R now I'm playing Raid mode, but it is very hard in solo, so I hope to complete it someday... at least before 2020 xD In Outlast II... hard mode, time limited walkthrought and achievement with 1 battery for whole game. I hope to do it a bit later, when i will forget a bit that scary monster at school (really only one scary thing in game, but VERY scary).

5 years ago

Hi there. You don't quite meet the minimum requirements just yet, but feel free to come back and reapply once you do :)

Games with ≥1 Achievement 100% (7/7)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 71.4% (5/7), completed: 14.3% (1/7)

5 years ago

Okay, thanx :)
Can u consult me - which numbers should i check for requirements (after installing Monkey addon and DYEPB script) ? There is too much numbers on "won" page after installing it xD

5 years ago

This part is the one relevant to the requirements we ask for:

Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 71.4% (5/7)

For people with fewer than 10 wins, we require 80%+ in that section.

5 years ago

Got it, thanx)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

I can elaborate a bit why there is any difference for low and bigger number of wins if you or anyone else wonders.

For accounts with >=10 wins we require this "Achievement Rates ≥25% complete" to be at least 50% which is the lowest statistics possible to remain in PM, for all members and in all times. We of course prefer this number to not be only a threshold to be "maintained" by a member, but to be continuously increased - by improving own approach to participating in giveaways and by appreciating the wins. If a person plays their wins, this "rule" is satisfied automatically with no pressure :)

It is not like we have an increased requirement for people with lower amount of wins - it is the other way around. We have lower requirement for users with a lot of wins. A lot of people come to this site and accumulate a lot of unplayed wins before understanding that this should be changed (for various reasons). Hence we have to draw somewhere a realistic line and it is 50% of beaten-like games minimum. For a user who has low number of wins so far, it is easy to get higher statistics by playing these few existing wins and in the same way learning more about own playing preferences, and so on.

5 years ago

Thanx for the info :)

5 years ago

Hello there,
I would like to apply for the group
Here is my BLAEO profile click.

The game that i won on SG and loved was Punch Club. I finished it and played again the moment i finished it xD
I liked everything of it. The music, the graphics, the story. I have the menu music on repeat...

5 years ago

Application looks good in terms of what we require de facto, formally, but we have to point out that while you have done a good job on huge amount of your shorter wins, you have avoided almost all the longer games (Styx, Batman Arkham Knight for which you also won a season pass, Darksiders 1 and 2, Doom 3, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Tales from Borderlands, LiS 1...)

Statistics is not what we are looking for. This is merely something we have to rely on, since what PM values is more mindful and honest approach (on SG: to giveaways); a matter of mindset.

We can not know exact reasons for you skipping these good and time-demanding games but consider giving them a proper care.

5 years ago

Thank you for your detailed answer. I am currently going through the big ones. I will try to apply again after I finish some of them :)

5 years ago

Aw, this doesn't mean you are denied.
We have finalized the discussion stage and welcome you to Playing Matters. Though this is something we are concerned about and we count on your goodwill.

5 years ago

Oooh oooh. Thank you!

5 years ago

Reapplying https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/y6r6nR3
Got

Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 85.7% (6/7), completed: 28.6% (2/7)

5 years ago

Your application was already put up for discussion from that comment :)

5 years ago

Bump with negative progress - I was playing quite a lot of games, but not my wins. As expectable, winning more pushed me a percent back :D

5 years ago

Same here for the most part of this year :p Fortunately in my case, I stopped joining giveaways so I at least can't get any negative progress :D

5 years ago

Hey guys, I want to apply to this marvelous group. I love playing games and I respect all users who play and enjoy their wins ( isn't this site about this ? ).
https://www.backlog-assassins.net/lists/ployxnd -> My BLAEO shows that I played at least 50% of my wins. My target is to reach 100% but I keep winning games :)
I'm a member of Playing Appreciated group and I 100% played my wins from that group (within a month).
I think I also applied 6 month ago, but I didn't received an answer. Can we consider this a reapply ?
my motto: #neverstopplaying
Thanks in advance !

5 years ago

May i join the group ?

5 years ago

No.

5 years ago

hello, i would like to join you ^^

5 years ago

Hi. You do not currently meet the minimum criteria to apply for the group. Feel free to come back once you do.

5 years ago

Hi, can you check my BLAEO ^^

4 years ago

Hi!
I finally got over 50% on my journey to play all my wins :)
Would love to join the group if you think I'm worthy :3

Here is my BLAEO profile:
https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Garandro
I basically only use it for the PlayOrPay group but I try to keep it updated all the time :)

The win I was most happy about was Monster Hunter World of course :)
I'm about 90 hours in, but still haven't beaten it, because crafting all armors and stuff takes a lot of time :P
It's currently on hold because I have a lot to do in real life at the moment and playing the games from the PoP group is my top priority each month, so other games have to wait sometimes :)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Hi there,

MHW is such a great win, indeed! I personally ended up putting 330 hours into that before being "burned out" - easily my favourite game of 2018, so it's nice to see that the win is getting treated nicely and not just rushed through :) Looking forward to the Iceborne expansion ^^

Although your general approach towards sg wins is nice for the most part, we would like to see a few more wins beaten before welcoming you into our community. You do pass the minimum requirements in terms of script, but this comment should explain why it's not quite enough in a bit more detail.

With one more sg win (hopefully) beaten in the current PoP and a bit more effort, I imagine we'll be seeing you reapply sooner rather than later, though :)

5 years ago

Thanks for your detailed answer :)
I see what you mean and I can't really deny that I have the habit of dropping a game half way sometimes if it doesn't excite me much (⌒_⌒;)

I will work towards finishing most them and beat some of those I haven't played yet :)
I'm not really in a hurry to join, so I will just reapply when I think I've played enough :)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Hi, I would like to join the group.
My favorite win is Doom. One of the best FPS games in the last ten years without question.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

Heyyo :D

I want to apply to the group :) I believe i am ok to enter.

My favorite win is Epistory, it is very good because it has a special hardness system that adapts to you. So better you are, harder the game. But not too hard, just enough to make you have fun :D

I don't have a BLAEO account right now (just commented on their post)

Thanks!

4 years ago

I'd like to jopin the group. I finally made it to the 50% mark, yeah me. The last couple of months I always won another game when I finally reached the mark, but considering that I only join GA's for games I actually like to play, that's not really so bad.
I have won 39 games so far, 28 of those have achievements. Additionally to the games with achievements I've played, I also finsihed 5 games without achievements.

My favourtie win, well I have to choose from the ones I've played so far. Then I would have to say Silence, closely followed by Stories. Path of Destinies and Majesty 2. You will find my reviews for the latter two (I think) in my BLAEO profile (Silence will follow at the end of the month).

BLAEO profile

You will find there that I have put 3 of my wins into the "Won't play" category, but not without actually playing them first. Marbel Duell, gets extremly RNG at the point where I've stopped playing. After losing about 20 times in the same level I just gave up.
Husk, I just got stuck. No ammo, can not sneak past monster, get insta killed. I even tried to watch walkthorugh videos, but the ammo is not where it is supposed to be and without it there is no chance of getting further. And honestly my time is worth more than stumble around in the dark for hours hopeing that I randomly find the ammo.
And Sonic Adventure DX I got stuck at the end boss. I am not good enough it seems. I always fall to my death.

As stated in my BLAEO profile I try to at least finish 1 SG win + 1 backlog game each month (have been successful so far). Since I have trouble deciding for myself what to play I let myself get challenged (Play or Pay, Play a game you won on SG and the challenge me event from BLAEO). I try to finish all my challenges each month, but I'm a grown up with a job, so it always depends on how much free time I have.

4 years ago

Hi there.

Although you do indeed meet the minimum requirements, your current tendencies don't inspire any confidence in the team to invite you at the moment.

It's nice that you seem to be the type that usually plays games from start to finish (with a few exceptions you mentioned yourself - those are fine since you gave them a fair shot before dropping them), that you play games for their content (and not because of achievement stats and such) and that you established a monthly gaming plan that you stuck to until now, but at the same time you have to realize that a single win would basically get you kicked instantly with your current stats. Winning ratio vs plan-to-play seems in favour of acquiring more backlog rather than shrinking it as well (which is fine, but not for this group). I think this comment is partially relevant for your application too.

All in all, you have a decent approach but with current stats/plans, it looks like a coin-flip whether you would be a good addition to the group or someone that would end up getting removed rather quickly, so our team would recommend coming back in the future once you have finished a few more wins :)

4 years ago

Fair enough. I'll try again when I have more wins played. Thanks for taking the time to consider my application.

4 years ago

Are the doors open for me? I "recently" got included in BLAEO group as well. Thanks for your time.

4 years ago

Hi there. You do not currently meet the minimum requirements to be considered for our group.

Games with ≥1 Achievement 43.6% (123/282)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 24.8% (70/282), completed: 16.3% (46/282)

4 years ago

Uhh, that's pretty good. We will be in touch <3

4 years ago

Hi. I only enter for games I want to play and am sad that seems to be so rare. It's a personal goal of mine to start any games within a week of winning.

My best win was hands down Alien Isolation. I've always liked horror games and Isolation kind of felt to me like the perfection of what Amnesia started. Besides that, after playing a few hours of Isolation it inspired me to go watch the first two Alien movies again (which I hadn't seen in forever). Watching the movies after playing some of the game felt just like someone had taken the game and put it into a movie. And then continuing the game after watching the movies it really, really felt like someone had taken the movies and truly put them into a game. There are so many details that you probably wouldn't notice if not having watched the movies recently before playing. It's hard to convey the feeling that created. The closest I can get is to say it was magical.

I started a BLAEO a long time ago but I never use it. Sorting in Steam is so much more convenient.

Please do respond to this post, even if the thread gets closed down for a new discussion or whatever.

(That probably sounds like a strange thing to say so I'll explain)

When I tried to join Actually Playing Games I never received a reply. After patiently waiting for a long time I found out one day that the recruitment thread had been closed, and a new one had been opened, and then already closed before I ever saw it. It's been more than two years and I still haven't had another chance to get into that group.

Sorry for the strangeness in mentioning that. It's just that back then if I had just been given some sort of reply at all to know that a new recruitment thread was being made for that group, that wouldn't have happened.

I just really do not want a situation like that to ever happen again. Groups that are focused on wins being played are too rare.

4 years ago

+1 for having a application for APG that was open for months and then closed with no reply :/
good luck

4 years ago

That happened to you too? Sorry for reminding you of that. :(

Tbh, I've always been a bit confused why a group so focused on playing wins would almost never be open and limit the number of people who can give there so much.

Also I noticed your avatar. +1 for Railgun fan :)

4 years ago

I've always been a bit confused why a group so focused on playing wins would almost never be open and limit the number of people

That was actually one of the main things we wanted to change when PM was created :)

4 years ago

I'd like to apply to the group, if there's room and you are still accepting members. I have a BLAEO account, though to be honest I prefer to use the SteamGifts addons that give a summary of playtime, achievements etc. on the profile page (screenshots below). Over the last year or so, I've been working through my backlog and have made some good progress:

I started tracking my progress in March of 2018, and then checked again six months later to see some improvement. Then in January this year, and finally here's today's figures. I have currently played 99% of my wins, and have got more than 25% achievements in more than 60% of the games.

I don't enter giveaways unless I'm interested in the game, which is why I have over 20,000 hidden games/DLCs on the site.

I like the philosophy of this group and agree with all the rules. I hope I can be part of the group, thanks for your consideration.

4 years ago

Hello I'd like to join, I actually haven't won a SG yet but hopefully soon!

4 years ago

Hey there. Unfortunately, as you haven't won anything on SG yet, it is difficult to judge whether you would be a good fit for our group or not. I would recommend joining something like Unlucky-7 to get you started.

4 years ago

I've never bumped this up before since I'm not in the group or tried to join but why not. There's been a few interests this week so lets see if there will be more of which hopefully someone actually can join just seeing a lot of nopes

Despite not being in the group, this pa and play wins thread all contributed to me playing a lot more of my wins lately and its worked so it deserves this bump just for that

4 years ago*

The reason you're seeing a lot of nopes is mostly because the ones that get in usually get stealth recruited :p

Glad you've got some extra motivation from these groups :3

4 years ago

I don't have any wins but only enter giveaways for games that I want to play so I think I will meet your criteria. Lemme in!~!!

4 years ago

Hey there. Unfortunately, as you haven't won anything on SG yet, it is difficult to judge whether you would be a good fit for our group or not. I would recommend joining something like Unlucky-7 to get you started.

Sorry for copy-pasta answer, but you're in the same situation as Ratspike currently

4 years ago

I would like to apply. My favorite win is Borderlands 2, I love the combination of FPS, loot and Claptrap XD so much that I always end up coming back to the game.

4 years ago

One day.. One day I'll join you, but not today as I don't think I fir the profile, today I'll just boop.

4 years ago

Hi. I would like to join the group, and as you see I'm quite new here. I will give at least a good try to every game I win. Let me know please if my stats are enough or should I get some more wins or better percentage in achievements.
About blaeo profile, I've just stared using the website, so far it looks like this: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/lists/eb6ea9d and what I see is that it doesn't update my wins but it might need more time.

4 years ago*

Hi there.
Firstly, you do not currently meet the minimum requirements to join our group

Games with ≥1 Achievement 57.1% (4/7)
Achievement Rates ≥25% complete: 57.1% (4/7), completed: 14.3% (1/7)

Secondly,
I will give at least a good try to every game I win <- every win in our group must be beaten, not just "given a good try". You might be more interested in something like Playing Appreciated if you do not want to commit all the way through.

As for BLAEO, only the playtime/achievements update automatically - the status itself (unplayed/beaten/completed/whatever) has to be updated manually.

4 years ago

Thanks for the info. Just a clarification on this please: For members with fewer than 10 wins, 80% played for games with 25% achievement completion, I have 9 wins for now, so I understand that I need 80% right? (now have 57.1%) And when I get that one more win, will I qualify? Of course the percentage will drop right after winning next games but I'll plan to play them, eventually it will rose again.
Do I understand it correctly or am I missing something?

4 years ago

Yes, that is correct.

4 years ago

Perfect, thank you. I'll be back after catching few more games :)

4 years ago*

Closed 4 years ago by bludshade.