TLDR: Which of these units would u suggest?

Went to JB-Hifi looking to buy a single DIN headunit (replacing my Pioneer mp3 cd deck that ive had for about 12-14 years because the CD drive no longer works and it contains no AUX output) but came across these, they offered me the Pioneer one for $179 and the Kenwood for about $10 or so more.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-audio/kenwood/kenwood-dpx-5100bt-2-din-cd-receiver-with-bluetooth/592350/

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-audio/pioneer/pioneer-fh-s705bt-in-car-cd-player-with-dual-bluetooth/500692/

I googled the crap out of these two units to see which to choose and could find next to NOTHING about them other than specs and maybe one review. They seem almost identical spec wise, but are Pioneers still superior?

So basically I'm asking you guys which of these two you would go for? $200 is 100% my ceiling as I was only looking at spending $120 or so, but realising I can easily (Im hoping) put this in myself (with a wiring harness plug) I decided I can spend a little more. To be honest Im quite suprised they are this cheap nowdays with all these features, my mp3 deck cost me $500+ when I got it.

Things you may need to know.:

*Car is a Tj Magna Series 2

*I like the look of the Pioneer one overall, but the Kenwood Screen text is WAY more modern looking to me and kinda shocked me how much nicer it looked.

*I want this to last as long as my old one did, so build quality is high on my list of priorities.

*My speaker setup is nothing fancy but definitely does the job for me, just 2 Sony fronts and 2 Pioneer rears and I have no want to change this. ie. I wont be adding a sub or amp in the forseeable future.

*I use an android phone my wife uses an iPhone. I am hoping to run youtube audio through this and my own mp3 collection.

*I mainly listen to Heavy Metal of various strains. From Instrumental to speed.

*Hoping for quite decent Bluetooth phone calling quality.

*Should I even bother with a double DIN? As I said originally I was just going to grab either the Pioneer DEHS5050BT or the Pioneer DEHS4050BT , but decided on a bigger unit because they look nice and aren't to much more.

Not sure if their are any other factors im not considering, but happy to answer questions and take on facts or info about streaming/android/iphone.etc and also whether I can voice control my phone to play certain things, but that's probably worth another thread.

Thanks all I will be checking back round the clock, but hoping to have made a decision by Friday.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

not enough info. What is a CD?

5 years ago

Appreciate the feedback

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

It's an archaic form of data storage that people used before USB sticks were invented. You can also get one if you buy a Collector's Edition version of music albums, games etc so you can put it on your shelf to show off.

5 years ago

I can't really comment on either of those models but from experience I'd be tempted to go with the Pioneer as their stuff is built to last. I have a 30 amp/tape deck that is still going strong. It was a low end model even when new but it does it's job.

5 years ago

Both Kenwood and Pioneer are quality brands. I myself usually lean toward Pioneer and have yet to be disappointed, however, I can appreciate the look of the Kenwood (I do think its nicer looking). These units are similar and I think either will get the job done. It pretty much comes down to your personal preference on appearance.

5 years ago

Are Kenwood headunits made to last as well as Pioneer? As I said my last Pioneer lasted me for a bloody long time

5 years ago

In my experience, yes Kenwood makes quality units that will last quite awhile.

5 years ago

I like that the Pioneer has less buttons and is all below the fascia, but I like the kenwood screen:(

Do you think technically they will be pretty similar for all features? like BT, voicecalls, music quality etc.

I heard that kenwood units are superseeded earlier becasue they dont work with newer phones?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

By experience or from looking at the site?

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Funnily enuff the dpx5000bt has alot of reviews saying its hard to read in daytime, but cant find crap all on the 5100bt, whcih seems to have longer text lines

5 years ago

Anyone else got any feedback?

5 years ago

Go for the cheaper one and spend the money on speakers.

5 years ago

MY speakers are pretty good already:)

Gah, still undecided.

5 years ago

I suppose both models offer you the same warranty? If not, go for the longer one.

EDIT: i see that both offer 1 year warranty. Giving that spec wise they are almost the same i suggest you to go with the cheaper option. The Pioneer also looks nice.

5 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.