I'm cleaning up my inventory. So, inspired by jbondguy007's topic from a few months back, if you see a background you like, post here which one and use this trade link to request it.

You can check on steam.design (and probably other sites) what a background would look like on a profile. Romance On Paws
for example is a nice background/picture, but it doesn't work well as a background in my opinion.

I did weed out the worst of the worst, that I considered not having a place on Steam in the first place (not too surprisingly quite a few of those were not marketable). But there is still some trash left as well. Not a problem for me as they will end up as gems anyway.

[Update 24-2-2019]

Over 100 backgrounds given away through the topic. Big thanks to DeltaBladeX for tossing a substantial number of backgrounds my way to give away.
As interest seems to be waning, I decided to stop with this and go on with cleaning my inventory.

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

As I responded to another in this thread that as a ARMA fanboy myself (639 hours as of writing in 1.5 years), I tremendously enjoy the SP missions Bounty Hunter (Malden) by GrandElemental-Steam Workshop), B.R.S.E. (by gtaboncer--also Steam Workshop), Pilgrimage (armaholics), as well as the MP mission KOTH and the MP mod Player Unknown's Battle Royale. (again, Steam workshop). Have you tried these mods/missions?

5 years ago

Tried a (modded I think) BR once. KotH only really played the '44 version (with IFA3lite). Don't like the normal version too much as I don't like everyone having those high powered optics and stuff.
Not done much of the mission, got halfway with main story line untill an update screwed the progress over. And again later on... A familiar problem if you're into Arma (server owners have the same problem, nearly every update breaks something). :P
Done the Apex missions, recently started those over with a friend. And well, some random SP missions I've played in the past as well.

View attached image.
5 years ago

I see. I prefer the high powered scopes as i'm on a 15" laptop screen, and the standard 2x scopes are only okay-ish. i prefer 2-4x scopes (DMS or MOS) myself.
Thankfully, as progress on new content comes to a near close, the save-breaking updates might come to a close. The downside is, of course, No new Content for us.

I highly recommend the above-mentioned Bounty Hunter (Malden) (WITH Unlocked Uniforms. Enhanced Movements is also nice).

5 years ago

I think you kinda missed my point with the scopes. The reason I don't like it that much, is because people can shoot you from half the map away (figuratively, although literally on some maps). Which gives a 'seeing it is equal to being able to shoot it' result and also makes for the engagement range around you to be very big. Plus, it makes for people with better rigs having massive advantage (nothing gives as much of a performance hit as increasing the draw distance). Or rather, people with lower end rigs being at a massive disadvantage.

As it stands, on unmodded servers, just grab an SPMG and slap an AMS or Khalia on it, even better with a suppressor and you got the ultimate jack-of-all-trades weapon. Long range scope, close range sight on top, accurate, high damage, big belt, full auto... There's no real downside. I don't like that too much. :P A lot of this depends on the server you're playing on though, as some restrict certain items to certain 'classes'.
That's why I like the ww2 version of KotH so much more. Sure you can get a rifle with some basic form of scope on it, but good luck if you run into someone with a submachinegun (or machinepistol as they were mostly referred to back then) in a close quarter fight. :P

Whereas with lower magnification scopes (or none at al) you get a much more dynamic gameplay, where maneuvering is relatively more important instead of just keeping yourself hidden from a certain point. Plus it gives that you might see an enemy, but you can't effectively engage. And engaging might actually be a bad idea as you're only giving your position away. Basically it's a bit less point and click.

It makes it a lot more immersive for me. But unfortunately it's pretty hard to find that online.

If you've ever watched dslyexci's videos (or from other members of shacktac) on youtube you might understand what I'm getting at.

5 years ago

Ah, I see what you mean. I had missed your point altogether, and had not thought of those points before.

I have heard Acesfury speak highly of dslyexci, but I have not watched him myself. (Acesfury was the one who got me into Arma 3 in the first place, back when PU's BR was very popular (before H1Z1 KotK came around), and I remember him raging against 3rd-Personing in a realistic Mil-sim game, stating that it was, in essence, a "crutch" for less-immersive, and "less-serious" players. Partly as a result of that, in my own experience, I have developed a...distaste for 3rd person in A3 and similar games.)

[PU's BR is the only mod I have played where bush-camping for 20 minutes is an accepted and expected strategy. :D It certainly changes the game, as (at least in the later stages) it is almost certainly a case of "the one who shows where he is dies first to another player, while it is best to not reveal yourself until you must," or so the winner's playstyle often represents.]

5 years ago

Ah yes, 3rd personing. Hmm, depends on what game style, but yeah it is a lot less immersive. If you're playing against bots with vanilla AI, it's useful, as they have that supervision and will instantly snap their lock onto you and you hardly stand a chance. :P But in a pvp scenario, just 1st person is a lot more immersive, and peeking actually holds some danger.
I played on an exile server that had a nice middle ground. They had a script running where if you were in 'combat mode' (receiving fire close by/firing/taking damage) it locked you into 1st person pov, but outside of it you could use 3rd person pov.

Well, I'm not that elitist that I'll denounce others for being not being very realistic mil-sim... How realistic is it anyway? :P Actual kinda realistic is pretty rare even on Arma, you need to have a mission and probably a gamemaster/zeus to make it so. :D

I know a lot of people in the Arma community look down on Exile and similar gamemodes, but if camping is your thing... I camped a guy once for around 3 hours at his base (ok maybe it was closer to like 2 and a half) because he pissed me off. Even let him and his friend get back to his base once just to see what their routine was when coming back to their base. :P Was on Arma 2 DayZ Epoch though, but same idea as Exile. ^^
And at missions, damn, everyone camps. And better not say 'fucking camper' in sidechat or the whole server is just gonna laugh at you hehe.

No idea who acesfury is, but by your description I'm guessing he's a youtuber/streamer?

About that latest part, very true. When I played BR once, I managed to get into last 3 or 4 surviving (I also only played it once, so I found it quite an achievement for myself lol). But then I had to run for the zone, all left had ghillies (pretty much naturally), but I had to run, so very visible, the other two guys where just prone and waiting... :/ Bye me haha.

5 years ago

I had not considered that point vs the AI, but that is true. Part of the rational against 3rd person in a PvP game consisted of the annoyance at being killed by people who 3rd-person around a corner and blast you as soon as you show yourself ("They sit there in perfect safety waiting for you to move!"). Peeking--to some people's minds--ought to involve risk to the peeker.
That would be a nice middle ground. I cannot navigate well inside buildings in 3rd person, so, if I was in 3rd, (which is rare for me but does happen, especially if I was driving) I switch to 1st-person in those instances, even vs AI. It has gotten me killed more than once, because the person outside could see me easily while I waited for them to pop out. :)

True, but overall the game tries to be more realistic than some other games, even other mil-sims (COD for example). But yes, total realism is very rare. Though, I have heard that the "Capture the Island" games are far more "serious" and realism-driven than your standard game of KOTH or (the even less-real) Altis Life. I have never played CTI myself, however, so I cannot vouch for the veracity of that statement.

LOL, I bet he was annoyed (or would have been if he'd known just how long you were there. Did you get them?
My only problem with camping is I rarely have the patience to do it, but I never mind others doing it. :D I have personally never played Epoch, nor do I have an opinion on it; I do not have a mic, so I have not yet played many team-based mods or modes.

Acesfury is the man behind https://www.twitch.tv/acesfury. He used to play Arma 3 basically non-stop; mostly BR, and mostly on EU servers, but stopped because of other games coming out, the annoyance at the netcode issues, not wanting his stream to be defined as "the guy who only plays Arma 3", and some others. However, as of 3 years ago he had about 4K hours in-game. No matter how tense the situation, he was always kind and always found time to explain his strategies to the viewers. i have learned much from him over the years.

Yep, that sounds like BR. :D I've heard it said that "getting into the top 5 takes skill. Winning takes luck," and that has certainly been my experience, although my getting into the top 5 takes a boatload of luck. :D

5 years ago

Oh yeah, Altis Life. Played that for some time too.

If only people would understand the concept of RP in the slightest instead of everyone having a big ego and not wanting to 'lose' and complain about 1 of the 1000's of rules not being followed all the time... :/

Most fun I've had there was with the people who didn't really care about the rules too much. :P

CoD is not something I'd slap the mil-sim tag on. :P Even Arma is not mil-sim compared to it's mil-sim brother VBS (basically simulator on similar engine but for government contracts etc).

I am on over 8k hours now on A2+3 according to Steam, I guess it's closer to an actual 7k, as I might have fallen asleep a few times with the game running. :P

Let me guess, he plays Escape from Tarkov now? :D

5 years ago

Big egos tend to be a problem in general, not just in-game, but yeah. :/

What do you mean by VBS? I am a bit confused, sorry. It does sound interesting, however.

I have definitely fallen asleep more times than I care to admit, and sometimes have woken up to my character sprinting into the corner of a wall. :D

Yes, he does play EfT, DayZ, Rimworld, Oxygen Not Included, the Mount & Blade games, Ring of Elesium, and others as the mood hits him. :D

checks his past vods I just noticed he played a few hours of A3BR recently, so I need to watch that. :O

5 years ago*

Yes, but in a RP scenario it absolutely kills the RP.

VBS is Virtual Battlespace Simulator. Pretty much Arma, but for soldiers. :P Developed on the same engine(s) (initially) but now they're completely separate companies. Bohemia Interactive Simulations for VBS, Bohemia Interactive for consumer games, which includes Arma, with completely separate development.

I had a talk with a decently ranked guy in NATO once (probably at a birthday party) and we got to talk about videogames. He didn't know Arma but when I mentioned VBS he knew it. Said he had been involved in 'acquiring' it for something. I forgot what it was for exactly, a certain project or could have been his (home) country, something along those lines. Maybe it was for a specific part of armed forces of something. Heck, we had had some beers already, so memory isn't the best at that point. :P

But yeah, when people say Arma is a milsim, it's not too far from the truth. :P

5 years ago

Yes, I can see how it would be horrid.

Thank you for the information! I do not believe I had heard of it before, but that is quite interesting!
Wow! Yeah, the memory would be affected by then.

Arma is probably the most mil-sim like game i have ever played or watched, and I do totally get your point. :D

Thanks again!

5 years ago

5 years ago

May I ask for Urgune?

5 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/99WREIh
Should be claimed already, unless that person's not gonna follow up on it, but I suspect he's sleeping in between or other offline activities.

5 years ago

So Volcano Valley maybe.

5 years ago

Yeah you can have that one

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

:)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

May I have Colourful Bands please?
Not on the list, sent an offer.
Thank you!

5 years ago

Accepted (without the card).

5 years ago

Thank you, that was nice of you <:

5 years ago

May i get stellar 2d

5 years ago

Stellar1 or Laser and Sniper?

Edit: I see you canceled your offer for Laser and Sniper.

5 years ago*

My bad thanks for the stellar 2d

5 years ago

Hello, interested in the bacground Stellar1 is it possible? Thanks.

5 years ago

Guy above you already took that.

5 years ago

60+ given away so far. :)

5 years ago

data hacker reboot: Lucile taken?

5 years ago

Boobs! I mean, no.
Accepted.

5 years ago

5 years ago

можно мне ?

5 years ago

mozno mie? My Russian doesn't go much further than being able to transliterate into Latin.

5 years ago

Google translate translates it as 'may I'

You can pick a background that is NOT on the list, also no steam sale backgrounds.

5 years ago

Can i get Metro last light or Metro 2033 background?

5 years ago

Nope, it's on the list.

5 years ago

Hi, can I take battlefield? It's pretty good imo.

5 years ago

No sorry high gem value, added it to the list.

5 years ago

Maybe planet sora? I don't see it on your list.

5 years ago

Lol same as before, some people seem to have a good nose for high gem stuff haha

5 years ago

мне любой на ваше усмотрения

5 years ago

Вы можете выбрать фон, которого нет в списке. (перевод Google)

5 years ago

can i get "Kidsroom overview"
thanks

5 years ago

Yes, and accepted.

5 years ago

Don't need any background just wanted to thank you for the generous offer/giveaway.
Bump!

5 years ago

Dallas (Фон профиля)
Steam
Steam
Необычный Фон профиля из PAYDAY 2

5 years ago

That is on the list, so not available.

5 years ago

Близзард Man (Профиль фона)

5 years ago

Этот фон есть в списке, который не для раздачи.

5 years ago

I wish there's a monochromatic version of City.
Here's a bump since I can't find something that suits my taste

5 years ago

Boston: The walking city is monochromatic

5 years ago

Hi! How about Little Pug lost in space? is it taken?

5 years ago

No it's not taken and is available

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Could I get The Icy Wastelands? If its taken I'd also like Uranus. I like the landscape looks that they have.

I wish I could have gotten on of those Bioshock backgrounds.

5 years ago

Icy Wastelands is ok

5 years ago

Hi, may I have Marooners?

5 years ago

yes you can

5 years ago

Thanks!

5 years ago

May I ask for Beastiality?

5 years ago

Yes

5 years ago

you selling/giving this gifts too?

5 years ago

-.-

5 years ago

sorry i mean this gifts for games, which you have in equipment

5 years ago

I know perfectly well what you mean.

I'm giving out backgrounds, nothing else, if you don't like that, not my problem.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

Yes

5 years ago

Wow, thanks! Can I request Blue Energy Kitten?
(trade request forthcoming...)

5 years ago

Yes

5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Crizyz.