Purchase the JANUARY 2018 Monthly Bundle!

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive Quantum Break,The Long Dark®, and DoW III with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

Subscribe before the FIRST FRIDAY OF JANUARY (5th JANUARY) for $12* to receive the DECEMBER bundle

• Note: Some people may have 10% off coupons for NEW subscribers for the monthly bundle. These coupons will apply to your purchase, and you will pay $10.80 instead of $12.
  • If you are a recurring subscriber, you will be AUTOCHARGED ON DECEMBER 29th, 2017
  • NEW!!! Share your Humble Store discount with a friend!: When you share your discount, you and your friend will receive 10% off Humble Store purchases.

Also, it's too late to buy the December Monthly Bundle. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Letsrades

Notice: ⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is region-locked for Germany.

Games:

Pay early and get Quantum Break,The Long Dark®, and DoW III

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Quantum Break 86% of 5,265 reviews 0 $39.99
The Long Dark 92% of 31,449 reviews 0 $34.99
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III 50% of 6,145 reviews 0 $39.99
Tomb Raider 95% of 57,424 reviews 1 $19.99
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition 88% of 9,315 reviews - 1 $29.99
HIVESWAP: Act 1 95% of 1,995 reviews 0 $7.99
Mr. Shifty 89% of 321 reviews 0 $14.99
Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX) 97% of 115 reviews 0 $11.99
  • a coupon for 10% off Humble Store purchases for you and a friend

Note 1: Tomb Raider is not the GOTY Edition

Note 2: German buyers will get Sleeping Dogs (LV DE) instead of Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, containing the following:

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Sleeping Dogs 93% of 9,196 reviews 1 19.99€
Sleeping Dogs - Police Protection Pack (DLC) SteamDB - - -
Sleeping Dogs - GSP Pack (DLC) SteamDB - - -

Retail:

• $199.92

CV

Chart created with Lex's SG Chart Maker

Humble original: HitchHiker

Hitchhiker is a mystery game set along lost highways. You’re a hitchhiker on a strange journey, unable to remember who you are or where you’re headed. Something in your recent past has stolen your memory— but what? The highway offers clues: a matchbook hidden in your armrest, a photo in the glovebox, billboards and crows along the roadside. To complete your journey, you’ll need to choose your friends wisely— never knowing if your worst enemy is your own subconscious mind.

Read Rachel's detailed Q+A to these Humble Monthlies! Also, read HB's FAQ!

Are you interested in knowing other ongoing bundles? Feel free to check out the new master thread!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, 5th JANUARY!

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it that time of the year yet?

View Results
Finally an AAA unlock for me. I'll get it now, who knows if I'll still have money after XMas...
I'll slide my sleigh down the Monthly hill - one more month for me.
Tis' the season to be jolly but this early unlock aint. I decided to pause / cancel my subscription.
Should I save my money for the Steam Winter Sale? Or buy Yogscast? Or this Monthly? Choices, choices, I'll decide later.
Long Dark was bundled before and I ain't tempted by the others.
IGN, you've been naughty lately, not nice! I'm not tempted to subscribe.
Holidays are coming!

Can anyone elaborate on "NEW!!! Share your Humble Store discount with a friend!: When you share your discount, you and your friend will receive 10% off Humble Store purchases." please? How do I share that?

6 years ago

By giving them the link, which activates it on their account, I thought. But I haven't tried it and I might be wrong and I also wished they explained it better.

6 years ago

Go to your purchase page for the monthly bundle and you'll find a link you can share with your friend. Your friend then activates the discount on their account after using the link.

6 years ago

Makes me with I had friends.

Edit: Also makes me wish I didn't make typos.

6 years ago*

i can be your friend :D

6 years ago

Pretty good one, bought it for the first time :)

6 years ago

Great unlocks, surprisingly. And right now I don't have the money for that... -_-

6 years ago

wow finally a monthly I can get behind! I've been dying to play quantum break but it's been too expensive, this is great

6 years ago

how come no one ever posts the other games you get in the bundle? Like thats the one thing i really want to know, and not knowing is what pushes me away from humble monthly.

6 years ago

Are you having a laugh, mate?

6 years ago

sorry, my crystal ball just broke

6 years ago

Sensualshakti always does - here are the complete tables for November and December.

The other games for January haven't been revealed yet; sensualshakti will update the table when they are. They're only visible the first Friday of the month (10:00AM PST), after the January bundle is no longer for sale. You have to decide whether or not without seeing the unrevealed games. That's the deal. If you're not comfortable with that, stick with the regular bundles. Games from the monthly often find their way into giveaways or can be found on Steamtrades, if you missed something, though your odds of winning vary and the price of games in the bundle will add up to more than the subscriber's price no-longer-available bundle.

6 years ago

Oh. That explains why. No one knows till after its not purchasable. Well assuming its current trend continues it wont ever be anything too good.

6 years ago

That depends on your valuation of the games, of course. Trying to be objective, I'm confident I'm getting $132 a year out of it for 12 months and $20 HW credit, in part because I can get that much or more back by selling the games, individually or as a whole month, on Steamtrades. Every month there's someone looking for the whole month because they paused it or didn't buy it based on the early unlocks and regrets it. With the annual price and wallet credit taking the effective value below $10, trading it for $12 or more if you didn't get anything seems like an acceptable failure scenario.

The flip side to that is that if you do miss a month, it can cost you to pick up something you wanted. I paused for November because I disliked the microtransaction garbage in the early unlock, but Shadow Tactics was near at the top of my wishlist and Silence is one I'm interested in, as well. As a result, I'm looking at $8-10 to get Shadow Tactics (which has never been bundled elsewhere or on sale for less than $15.99) and about another $1.50 for Silence, if I get them through Steamtrades. If I hadn't paused the bundle, I'd have gotten those along with Resident Evil 5 and Dead Rising 2 for trading or giveaways, plus the indie games, plus the microtransaction garbage (which I'm sure someone would have enjoyed, even if I just gave it away as part of a giveaway or puzzle). I'd have been better off not pausing, and November was pretty much a 'bad month' with only two games that really held my interest.

The biggest flaw with this is that game that are worth it can still end up in my backlog, so like a Steam sale, it's worth it, but it's hard to justify if it's more a matter of having them than playing them.

6 years ago

Well.. Only thing - it has been pretty OK for almost a year or more if Im not mistaken. Personally skipped some 3 months myself. But before that I got highly wishlisted games and when it unlocks theres usually something for everyone.
Quality of the bundle might be debatable, but even if other unlocks arent for you, if youre interested in early unlock, its still great deal. I love Quantum Break and Long Dark. At this point im intrigued what will be the other games. But Im already satisfied with what I got..

So I think its a healthy gamble buying monthly. +if somethings in the monthly that totally doesnt cut it for you - you have yourself a game to give away here. How about that ? :D

6 years ago

Monthlies are a 'mixed bag'. If you're into indies most of genres then its a no brainer, rarely theres an actual bad game - but for most people half (sometimes more) of the games won't be to your taste thus 'bad'. Every month when i look people's reactions theres one saying 'only this is worth it' while another saying the opposite. Taste.

You can't expect too many valuable games since the reveals this time are expensive but humble throws the oddball here and there; Value however doesn't say much, i mean, titles like cuphead, hyperlight drifter and such all cost half or less of triple A games and are very common ocurrence in monthlies- and we're talking top tier indie here, the likes that for many people surpass most big title out there.

6 years ago

Nice. Very nice. Definitely one I'm not going to buy, but only because I will not play them.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

Wow, they finally put up a game that I'm willing to consider worth the full $12. Quantum Break has me buying a monthly for the first time since... geez, August. I'd keep The Long Dark too, but a generous friend gave me that a while ago. I figure whatever I manage to trade the two other games for (hopefully some monthly gems I missed) will make this bundle worth it on its own.

6 years ago

Can one 'pause' when he buys 12 months plan?

6 years ago

Yes, you can skip a month.

6 years ago

You sure ? Hes asking about "1 year recurring plan" .. Not month to month.
If you pay those 100+ bucks for 12 months, dont you automatically get them all and you can change something only after the 12 months ?

Im not sure myself, but just checking, so someone doesnt misunderstand you :D

6 years ago

no, you can pause month to month even if you paid 12 month. its like you have 12 tokens. you can choose which you get.

6 years ago

ok, thanks for explaining :)

6 years ago

I can confirm the same (I had asked customer service a while back. FWIW.

6 years ago

But if you pause for one month, u need decide before release, right ? and if you skip, you can rollback and get him ?
Like this month i want skip, but in middle of month i'm looking interesting... i can decide get him after already skip ? (but of course before end the month bundle)

6 years ago

yes you have to pause 1 week before release otherwise you will get the bundle. if you pause i think you can still get it until release but i never did that. i skipped after i was 100% certain to not get the bundle. if you have to think about it do it after you are sure.

6 years ago

Understand, thx for information (y)

6 years ago

That's cool. I guess I'll buy that next round.

Thanks.

6 years ago

The poll needs a “Once again, another suspiciously decent early unlock....”

6 years ago

i'd buy it if i had money, but only for the long dark

6 years ago

I'd buy it, but my ancient CPU is incompatible with Quantum Break, and I'm only interested in story mode for The Long Dark, so I guess, I'll get the game when it's complete (not if I'm lucky to win it first, of course).

6 years ago

Well sir you're out of date- it came out of early access (full launch) with the story mode on the previous sale (the one before fall).
So it is complete. Right now. Under 12.

I almost bought it on the previous sale but it was salty(low discount) compared to other wishlists and i had a tighter budget on fall sale... thankfully perhaps because i could have bought it a week or so before this monthlies reveal.

6 years ago

If my information is wrong, then the store page is out of date:

The first two episodes of WINTERMUTE represent approximately 15 hours of gameplay. Episodes Three to Five are included in the price of the game, and will be unlocked for free as they are released.

Also I'm not a sir.

6 years ago

Sorry miss/lad, it seems i was the one misinformed!
Dammit! Oh well, good thing i barely started the story then

6 years ago

This might mark the second time I'm interested in the early unlock. O.0 Still, not very enthusiastic to get the bundle: already have TLD and I'm getting a bit over HB what with the used codes and the whole "anyone who gives out the gift links is a reseller and we won't help them" attitude. There's been too many relatively recent Monthly games in regular bundles in T1 & BTA for any additional negative feelings to be okay.
Might still get this one what with Christmas and all, but since money is tight, I'll decide later.

6 years ago

I get a overall sense that people think humble have way more leeway deciding bundles whenever they want.
Perhaps the reveals are the only thing they have a finer control- everything else is dependent on deals cut way earlier. Perhaps some publisher/dev cut a open ended deal where humble decides on what bundle/when more or less a game will be inserted but i doubt those are many- if it happens at all.

I bet humble got 'heavy handed' with 3 good reveals because of last month's certainly lower sales (come on, h1z1?) - but i bet they can hardly juggle any monthlies contents based on how its own sale is going, simply because the deals were already cut prior. I doubt any dev/publisher would have it otherwise- thats how so frequently we see a steam discount just before a game shows on a bundle, since doing the otherway around they would loose money. And to do that they have to know the date it will debut on humble way ahed- the way steam orchestrate its 'on sale' have a queue (for the featured deals). You can't tell steam today to put your game as featured offer this week, or next...

6 years ago

Guys one question is worth just for "the long Dark" ? considerer only the story mode.
Because i'm not interesting in QB and Warhammer, and the price in %off on steam was pretty good with 66% (maybe repeat in this end year sale)

6 years ago

"worth it" is a very subjective notion, from what I've gathered the first two episodes of Wintermute are not great, both in term of writing and game design - contrast with commenters noting how the survival sandbox truly is something a bit special.

OTOH, the historical low was hit over a year ago, IIRC, while the game was still Early Access and had less content. Though I cannot say for sure, it could be one of those cases where you could be waiting a long time to see it drop that much again.

BTW the price of a Humble sub is equivalent to about a 60-70% cut on the current price, and you get more games on top of that, which you can then trade or gift.

6 years ago

Yes you right! thank you for answear, i was looking in youtube the episode 1 and look interesting, but was more a basic actives to you understand the game,i was thinking to just watch in youtube the "serie", sometimes i have more fun watching than playing ^^.
But you correct about the price, is equivalent a good %off in steam, and i will get more games after end month.

6 years ago

Don't forget that you can trade (or give on SteamGifts of course) Quantum Break and Warhammer if you don't want them. They have a decent value.
I only wanted Quantum Break. I sold the other two for about 9$, and who knows, the mystery games might be good or valuable too.

6 years ago

Yes you correct! Good to know about this prices, i will guarantee my Monthly :)

6 years ago

Was interested in The Long Dark, I like the Warhammer Franchise and Quantum Break doesn't look to bad either. Paid early, even after the December letdown! :)

6 years ago

I wonder if I should buy this bundle now or wait for Christmas for possible bonus? in the store?

6 years ago

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. maybe you can elaborate a bit? :)

If you buy it now you pay $12 for those 3 unlocks + other games that will be revealed later.
To have a better discount on these games would mean for them to be discounted at 90% during the Winter Sale, which is very unlikely.
Of course, it largely depends on your region / currency / store prices.

Either way, I don't see any harm in waiting. The Steam sale starts on the 22nd and the discounts will not change during the sale, therefore you can decide from the first day if it's better for you to buy them from the store or if you save money by buying the bundle.

6 years ago

I'm just thinking maybe if they'll do some event similar to steam's or offer some additional stuff buying during Christmas period.

6 years ago

Am I just missing it or did they remove the countdown timer?

6 years ago

They removed it for subscribers. If you reload the webpage without being logged in (or in incognito mode for example), you'll see that it's still there.

6 years ago

You're right. Which is weird because I may want to easily know when the rest of the package will unlock.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago

Probably about an hour ago? That's assuming it's the same time of day as when the Monthly Bundles go live.

6 years ago

They auto-took my moneyz, so I guess they took it from everyone now.

6 years ago

ugh... I cancelled this. I cancelled it several times. And I just got notified that they autobilled me for another 3 months. This is bullshit. Fuck IGN....

6 years ago

Cancel it from PayPal's side this time around to avoid future "mistakes". Also open a support ticket and ask for a refund if you got billed after cancelling the subscription.

6 years ago

Yeah, I have done both of those as soon as I saw that email. I've contacted HB customer support and told them to please issue a refund and correct a wrong they did, or else I will be going thru Paypal for me refund. I remember commenting in another thread a month or so about this, saying I'd cancelled and had to recancel. That some others were also having the issue. I'd thought that the cancellation finally took this time since I'd checked it daily for a few days after that and it kept saying cancelled but at some point they reactivated it. I won't be buying from them again in a long time, because with their being bought by IGN, it seems to have added a lot of new issues.

6 years ago

So how did it go? Did you get your money back?

6 years ago

Sorry for late reply, the extreme cold over weekend and up until yesterday evening had my internet down. They just issued the refund and said "this is a one time thing, so if you choose to resub, we won't do it". But with how meh(or worse) the bundles have been lately, I'm not going to be throwing that money away. Even the regular bundles and most the book bundles have been meh.

6 years ago

I just checked, and it looks like they re-enabled my subscription too. Thankfully they hadn't charged just yet, but this is the second time I've paused the subscription and its un-paused at random, ugh.

6 years ago*

Lovely. And it's even more wonderful when their customer service just ignores this bug/issue like it doesn't exist; but then that's just typical customer service and companies: pretend an issue doesn't exist and lie-lie-lie until you can't anymore and even if the Titanic is sinking, deny-deny-lie.

6 years ago

This is my first monthly that I have bought. Hopefully the games are good! I've been wanting quantum break fooooorevverrrr so this is a perfect opportunity for me.

6 years ago

My last purchase was Nov 2016... From that time this is the first bundle i want, but they don't accept prepaid cards anymore.
I think i'm doomed to pass, this and future ones...

6 years ago

Perhaps you can add your prepaid card to Paypal? As long as you don't overcharge you should be fine in doing so. I've used two Paypal accounts in the past to empty prepaid cards down to the last cent, in your case you should be fine with only one account, adding the card as credit card.

6 years ago

Connecting prepaid cards to paypal doesn't bypass Humble Bundle. I have one and whenever I try to purchase Humble Monthly with a Paypal with a prepaid card connected, It doesn't show my prepaid card.

6 years ago

Okay, then do as I did to empty the card: add the card to a second Paypal account (e.g. your parents', siblings, or even a company account), and send money to your account. You account will have the money as balance (which should be used first) and the prepaid card will be charged for whatever amount you choose to send. If the main currency is dollars on both accounts sending money should be free even, otherwise there's a fee, but that may be still better than not being able to use the prepaid card at all.

6 years ago

This is a great idea and would definitely work. Only downside for me is that I would have to pay a transaction fee as Peso is my main currency.

6 years ago

Yeah, fortunately, you can check the fees in advance. I used this method a few times to empty a USD prepaid card which I got as a reward from Clixsense. Of course it may be better to just spend it on amazon.com directly in dollars, but it's often hard to spend it down to the last dollar, so paying a little fee and having the money on my Paypal account seemed the best option to me (my main currency is EUR here).

6 years ago

Assuming your country information on Steam is correct, you can move money to your Paypal account with a bank transfer, no cards needed.

6 years ago

I caved in and bought a monthly for the first time. Quantum Break has been in the back of my mind for awhile, and I LOVE single payer survival games like The Lone Dark. I went ahead and got the 3 month plan, lets hope the next 2 monthlys are just as good.

6 years ago

Anyone might be getting a first time subscription? If yes, please feel free to add me on Steam before you sign up :)

6 years ago

Quantum Break? Interesting how they decided to add a movie to the roster this time.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.