http://www.steamgifts.com/user/impizkit

That is my profile. I have not been given credit for Dungeon Defenders Collection, Superbrothers, Cave Story+, Men of War GOTY, NightSky, Crayon Physics Deluxe, and Red Faction and DLC. At the time of this thread not confirmed for Darksiders and and The Showdown Effect as the winners have not confirmed receipt. Why am I not getting credit?

Below is a calculation for what I have received credit for:

Game of Thrones Dog Pack DLC x3 $2.97
Mini Motor Racing Evo $9.99
Borderlands 2 Psych Pack
$0.99
Trainz Simulator DLC $9.99
Trainz Simulator DLC $9.99
Trainz Simulator 12 $39.99
Space Pirates and Zombies $9.99
Amnesia: The Dark Decent $19.99
Thomas Was Alone $9.99
Total Game Value $113.89
Bundle Allowed - $25.00
$88.89
x .2
$17.78
Bundle Allowed + Non-Bundle + $28.96
Steamgifts Contribution Value $46.74

*Non-Bundle Games

The contributor value should be $81.74 and after Darksiders and Showdown Effect, it should be $87.74. Can anyone tell me why I have not been given credit for about half of the bundle games I have gifted? Its not a huge deal, but I just want to know what the deal is.

Thanks!

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

1 decade ago

Those were bundles. Bundles that ended not to long ago.

1 decade ago

That didnt help. I know bundle games are only 20% after the first $25.00. I am not getting credit for Dungeon Defenders Collection, Superbrothers, Cave Story+, Men of War GOTY, NightSky, Crayon Physics Deluxe, and Red Faction and DLC.

1 decade ago

They've all been bundled.

1 decade ago

I think you're confused on the formula. :) Bundle games give full contribution value, sort of. The 20% rule refers to how much of your Contributor Value can come from bundle list games. The rule is more like this:

"Contributor Value gained from bundle list games will not exceed 20% of Contributor Value gained from non-list games.

The first $25 of Contributor Value is exempt from this rule."

So, no more than 1/6 of your CV (+$25) will come from bundle games. If you were to give another non-list game, you would see that your value would increase by that game's value, plus 20% of that value, as you are allowed more CV from bundle list games.

1 decade ago

^This

1 decade ago

I should be getting some credit, but NONE for the games indicated.

1 decade ago

They are all bundle games.....

1 decade ago

If your bundle contribution is maxed out, another bundle giveaway won't add any contributor value.

1 decade ago

What is the max then? Its not $25.

1 decade ago

The first 25$ of bundle is counted as non-bundled. The max is as you already said. 20%

1 decade ago

Thanks for the replies, but I know they are bundle games, I should be getting 20% credit for them, and I did for some, but not all.

1 decade ago

You already got 20%, that 20% wont go up unless you give away a non-bundled game to increase the 80%.

1 decade ago

You will get some credit - that 20% you say...only after you give away some non bundle games. Look at your profile again. See that (?) beside Value? Read that.

1 decade ago

I have and it is a fairly complex calculation. Basically it looks like they stopped giving credit after 7 bundle games.

1 decade ago

Look, give away any non bundle game. And you can see that you will get that cv PLUS some % from those bundle games you keep saying you don't get cv on.

1 decade ago

Read this

1 decade ago

Let me set this straight to you. When you give away a bundle game and gotten max CV from it, it means that you have given enough non-bundled games. If you don't, you know what that means. Stop whining.

1 decade ago

You get up to $30 in bundle credit, plus any non-bundle credit. For any bundle value above $30, you'll get it as 20% of the non-bundle credit. For example, if you gave away $40 in bundle and $10 of non-bundle, you would be at $42 CV. If you then gave away another $10 non-bundled game, it would put you at $54 CV (because you had leftover bundled credit).

1 decade ago

I understand that, but where is the other $40 worth of value I should have?

1 decade ago

If its another $40 worth of credit from giving away bundled games, you won't get it until you give enough non-bundled games to balance out the equation.

1 decade ago

30 dollar bundled, + 10 for the non bundled stuff +2 of your leftover bundled stuff (out of 100 or whatever it is that won't affect your CV until you give more non bundled stuff). The math isn't exact in my example as you've got slightly more but this is how it breaks down.

1 decade ago

The contributor value should be $81.74 and after Darksiders and Showdown Effect, it should be $87.74. Can anyone tell me why I have not been given credit for about half of the bundle games I have gifted? Its not a huge deal, but I just want to know what the deal is.

This is clearly wrong in itself. You're expecting 20% of the bundle game value as contributor value. This is not how the system works.
You get 20% of your non bundle game value with the first $25 being converted to non bundle game value.
This is also why you can have a max of $30 CV with bundle games only. $25 gets non bundle and 20% of that ($5) is the max allowed bundle value.

1 decade ago

20% of your total non-bundle contributions.
That means these bundle contributions will count after your make some giveaways of non-bundle games..

1 decade ago

So if I give away a non-bundle game, the value will increase beyond the value of that game?

1 decade ago

Yes, you'd be getting 120% of it's value up to the point where all your pent-up bundle CV has been used.

1 decade ago

Yep, up to 20% more than that game.
If the game you give is $4.99, you may get $5.98 in contrib.

1 decade ago

This makes sense. Thanks!

1 decade ago

;)

1 decade ago

YES! You finally understand :) It's like what we have been trying to tell you all along :)

1 decade ago

You're only allowed CV for bundle games up to 20% of your non-bundle games. (First 25$ of bundle will count as non-bundle)

From your example, you gave $3.96 in non-bundle games, added to the first $25 it gives you a $28.96 non-bundle value.
20% of that is $5.79, add that to the base amount and you get a max CV of $34.75.

Edit: you're also getting credit for Mini Motor Racing EVO but that's a mistake. Your CV will go down to $34.75 when it is fixed.

1 decade ago

Because I came to correct your math, I actually discovered a bundle list error. :) Unfortunately for OP, his CV will probably go down more soon. :(

Anyways, the correct calculation is (non-bundle) + $25 + (20% of those two) = total CV
Which, in the OP's case, would be: (.99 + .99 + 1.98) + 25 + 5.79 = $34.75

Currently, using the bad value, it's: (.99 + 9.99 + .99 + 1.98) + 25 + 7.79 = $46.74

1 decade ago

I see my mistake, I took the $2.97 for the dog DLC and multiplied it by 3 not realizing it was already calculated. I fixed it.

The extra $9.99 comes from Mini Motor Racing EVO that hasn't been included in the Bemine 9 bundle yet. (Actually, most games from BM9 haven't been added)

1 decade ago

This makes the most sense. Its odd that my incorrect calculation comes out to the same value.

1 decade ago

Mr. List is currently in holidays,he will add it later

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by ArmyTrident.