Edit 2: Keys have been revoked.

Edit: I didn't know this or else I wouldn't have created this thread, but apparently this has happened in the past where free weekend keys still work and then get revoked later, so don't get too excited about being able to keep the game. I have never activated a free weekend key before and when I saw that this one was still working after the date it was supposed to be revoked and it activated as a retail copy, I thought they made a mistake and we might get to keep them, but I am now starting to doubt that after reading some comments.

There is a free weekend giveaway on Alienware Arena for Adventures of Chris. This giveaway has been available for about a week and it says that it is for a free weekend and the game will be removed from your Steam account on October 11th.

There have been a bunch of giveaways created for the game and they get deleted when they are informed that the key in only good for a free weekend. I was just talking to someone that created a giveaway and they just activated a key and it still works. I then read a comment from someone else that said the game is still activated on their account even though the free weekend is over. I just grabbed a key to test it and it activated as a retail copy in my Steam licenses and can still be installed.

I have never activated a free weekend key, so I'm not sure how they work. Do they ever show in the Steam licenses as "retail" or does that mean that Alienware Arena was given permanent keys by accident?

You should not use these keys for giveaways

There are still copies of the game available, but I do not know if the keys will get revoked. So maybe grab one if you want the game, but I would recommend not creating a giveaway with it because it is against the rules to create giveaways with temporary keys and there is a good chance it could get revoked.

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i got a duplicate code from it before

2 years ago

Seems like Double Cross didn't get revoke yet

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.