Would love to hear any comments especially if you've used or owned one of these Steelseries mice. I currently have a Corsair M65 RGB Elite, got it on sale to match my keyboard but after almost a year its left click is either not registering or double-clicks. It's devastating for both games and work, and I can never drag anything with the mouse. I searched around and the Steelseries name comes up on top lists often so I'm split between the Sensei Ten and Rival 710. The 710 is at least $20 more than the Sensei Ten. I've previously heard about the Logitech g502/g903s but seems the Steelseries might be better overall, I still left the option on the poll.

tldr: Ten is lighter and has slighter newer tech but is an ambidex mouse and said to be not as comfortable as the 710, comfort is sort of important as I use the mouse on hours everyday.

Sensei Ten
Rival 710
Specs Comparison

Which one would you pick or recommend?

ukUkL/lovecrafts-untold-stories
4pp4X/iris-and-the-giant

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Which mouse to get?

View Results
Rival 710
Sensei Ten
Logitech G903 / G502 (comment below)
Other (comment below)

I'm using another brand (roccat), repurchased same mouse because no suitable alternative, previous one had similar left click problem and just lived 1,5 year. And i've read that this problem is not brand related, it's a mouse component that you can find in most of these brands : Omron switch D2FC-F-7N.
This switch theorically is warranted to live a long life but i don't know why, some seem to be defective.

So searching on internet i found some videos and tried to fix my mouse by welding. I screwed up my weld miserably, i'm not gifted and it's a lot trickier than it looks, but some people manage to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL-V9Pi_en4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDoXMJyimDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLi3E0PPsj4

Well all of this to say, it's an omron switch problem, this problem can happen to many brands that use these switches (including razer, corsair, steelseries and some not all logitech mice) and unfortunately it's random, sometimes it happens after 1 year, or 2, 3, 4 years.

edit : years ago, i used a logitech G300s that lived +3 years before mouse wheel died, logitech was known to make mice that last longer, but not sure if it's always the case

3 years ago*

I did figure it to maybe be an omron switch problem, but almost every gaming mouse was touting that thing.

Edit: I do have a soldering iron though, so it's a possible project after getting a new mouse and ordering mouse switches. Don't trust myself to not screw it up and be left mouseless.

3 years ago*

Yes (except maybe some logitech) almost every gaming mouse use omron switch, that's why this double click problem is recurrent on many gaming mice from different brands.

I screwed that while it was still under warranty for 3 months (lol ?) maybe my welding was crap (the printed circuits are very thin, it's easy to destroy them unintentionally) or maybe the components i purchased were faulty, can't be sure.

Some people on youtube replace with other switches than omron and look pretty happy but i wouldn't be able to give you advice about that.
Anyway it's easy to fail, so it's understandable to prefer to buy directly a new mouse !

3 years ago*

I wouldn't buy a Steelseries mouse. Their mice only have a 1 year warranty outside of EU (EU citizens get 2 years warranty) which is shitty and makes me think their mice aren't quality built and they don't stand behind their product. Logitech gives at least a 2 year warranty for almost all their mice.

3 years ago

Can't really help you there... I've been using the Logitech MX518 Legendary for a while now after using the original 518 for many many happy years. Great mouse at a much lower price point than what you're looking at. It's what I'm willing to pay for a mouse but we may have different standards. :)

Good luck choosing!

3 years ago

+1 for mx518 ... i had interest in that mouse but in the end it is an intellimouse pro, got 2 for 45€

3 years ago

Personally, I use a steelseries sensei wireless and find it comfortable. For me, the ambidextrous design was important as I am left handed and my wife is right handed
I think the comfort mostly depends on the size of your hands and the way you grasp your mouse.

3 years ago

I've been using the Pictek T16 for the past 2 years & it's one of the best mice I've ever owned. link

I have large hands & it's difficult to find gaming mice that are comfortable & big enough. I've owned a few of the more expensive brands, Logitech, Corsair, Razer & so far the T16 has lasted longer. Has a nice weight, very responsive & doesn't feel cheaply made.

3 years ago*

I'm all for a good mouse at a low price but I have medium hands and prefer not large mice. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I would really try that mouse though, it does look good.

3 years ago*

Happy cakeday

2 years ago

I've been using the sensei raw for 2+ years and it is the best mouse I've ever had. Steelseries macros are fantastic and very easy to setup also (way better than the Logitech ones that I tried to setup). So, I'm going with the sensei on this one

3 years ago

I had a sensei (previous version of the sensei ten) for a long time, I liked it a lot but after few years of intensive use it eventually broke.
So now I'm using a rival 700 (previous version of the 710). It took me some time to get use to the asymetrical shape, but now if I had to choose again I think I would go for the rival again. They're both very good choice anyway.
Also the Steelseries Engine 3 is great.

3 years ago

Happy Cake Day!!! Did you ever decide, and do you regret it these 7 months later?

2 years ago

I decided to get the g903( and the g502 for my laptop) due to needed specs for wireless and onboard macro. It was so I could match wireless keyboard and also have the option to match a wireless logitech headset although I ended up getting something else.

The 903 is meh okay. The 502 is great. Both are slightly larger mice that I can't use a good claw grip with very sadly. No problems so far.

2 years ago

thank you! I was looking at the G502 wireless before going with the G604 Lightspeed wireless. I love it and haven't looked back (other than the weight being a tad high), but I do recall the G502 was a thing of beauty and felt great.

I'm glad you are happy with it. 😁

2 years ago

I like Steelseries but I have replaced a couple because of double clicks. Love my Corsair keyboard but the mice just don't suit me. Currently using Glorious so I can stroke my beard while I game. Logitech and Razer are garbage.

View attached image.
2 years ago

I bought the G502 Proteus online years ago and I absolutely loved it! The materials made it feel rock solid and it glided across my mat super smooth. Unfortunately it was way too large for my hand and put unnecessary strain on my wrist. Before that, I had nothing but Razer since the Diamondback and stopped using them because they no longer had the durability or longevity they used to be known for.

After developing a severe case of carpel tunnel, I ended up looking online for something completely different and went the cheaper route until I could find something that fit what I needed. Long story short, I've purchased several MMO gaming mice since my sad experience with the Logitech G502, and keep going back to using the Redragon M901 that I bought in 2016 to tide me over until I found something "better". Sure, the materials aren't as great and my palm sometimes gets sweaty, but the mouse itself fits my hand perfectly and I don't have to strain to locate the programmable buttons or switch DPI settings. Not to mention the ring and pinkie finger rest minimizes the strain on my wrist when using it for long periods. Who knew a temporary Chinese knockoff would end up becoming my main? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

While we can share our experiences with our favorites based on the best sellers, I strongly suggest that you try before you buy just to save yourself time and money. I got lucky when I took a risk getting the Redragon, but then again, everyone's needs are different. Read up on laser vs optical and your current mouse mat materials (because you might need to invest in a new one based on the sensor you wind up buying); also research your hand gripping style and hand size, then go to a computer store and try what they have on display... if you are able to in your area.

2 years ago*

I use Rival 710 and I like it. It's a comfortable mouse, nice build quality(plastic feels soft in a good way), no rubbed elements so keeping it clean is easy, good software. I really have nothing to complain about. I don't use the OLED screen and that vibration thing.

Just remember that this mouse is quite heavy comparing to other models. If it doesnt bother you then go for it. You are not going to be disappointed.

2 years ago

Imho when shopping for a new mouse always consider your grip style. I have a fingertip grip so I prefer a mouse that is short, light, flat. Also I love when there's a ring finger rest. If I had to buy something now I'd probably go for the CM MM720, but that's me, you should research on what's good for your grip!~

2 years ago

After testing around 40 different mice in a brick and mortar store I settled for a speedlink Orios.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.